PDA

View Full Version : NC State Breakdown

Jarius
12-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Ok, everyone has been really bitchy lately, but we do have a pretty good bowl matchup coming up, and I get the feeling that in a few weeks everyone will have forgotten about the shit show that was the egg bowl and have moved all of our focus towards this game. Who all is going? I should be there with a few other friends. What is the bar scene like? Anyone ever been in this stadium?

As far as the game goes:

Offensively- What type of offense do they run? I know they have a mobile qb that transferred from Florida and has played pretty well. Do they air it out? Ground and Pound? Mix it up?
Defensively- I see that they have given up a pretty good amount of points, which should be good for us. I saw where they had a lot of sacks but mainly just on 2 games. I hope that their dline is not very good. Has anyone watched them this year?

overall- They have zero quality wins, but they have played good teams close. Without knowing the matchups, I would expect a shootout. What say you all?

CadaverDawg
12-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Here's a clip of their last game's highlights....

http://youtu.be/8Fd1bteaGrA

Alldawg
12-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Two things you point out don't sound very good. Mobile QB and they have tons of sacks. With that said, I see a NC State team that will be dominated from start to finish. 48-17 Dawgs.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Two things you point out don't sound very good. Mobile QB and they have tons of sacks. With that said, I see a NC State team that will be dominated from start to finish. 48-17 Dawgs.

Their QB doesn't look all that fast.

Jarius
12-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Here's a clip of their last game's highlights....

http://youtu.be/8Fd1bteaGrA

That looks like a team that we should beat. Their qb looks like a slightly more mobile Chris Relf to me.

smootness
12-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Jacoby Brissett is their QB and 'mobile' is probably the best way to describe him. He can move, but running is not a big part of his game. He'll have about 8-10 carries in most games without a ton of yards, but he is a pocket passer for the most part and a good one. He will be drafted, and likely in the first 3-4 rounds.

starkvegasdawg
12-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Went on a NC State message board and they are saying we are opening as a 7 point favorite. The one thread I was on most are saying it will be a tough game for them but a chnace at a marquis win against a name program. Bitching about the cowbells, too. About par for the course I guess for what you would expect.

Alldawg
12-07-2015, 01:51 PM
My bad. Just going off the OP

sleepy dawg
12-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Went on a NC State message board and they are saying we are opening as a 7 point favorite. The one thread I was on most are saying it will be a tough game for them but a chnace at a marquis win against a name program. Bitching about the cowbells, too. About par for the course I guess for what you would expect.

I agree except one thing.... Have we been considered a "marquis name" program by other teams before? At least in bowl games. Seems like every other year, whoever we're playing expects to beat us and knows nothing about us.

smootness
12-07-2015, 01:56 PM

It's good that we're now seen as a potential big win against a 'name program' for opponents now. Crazy when you think about it.

starkvegasdawg
12-07-2015, 02:00 PM
I agree except one thing.... Have we been considered a "marquis name" program by other teams before? At least in bowl games. Seems like every other year, whoever we're playing expects to beat us and knows nothing about us.

Not that I can remember. Maybe Wake in the Music City?

There were one or two on there that just knew we finished next to last in the West and thought that mean we sucked until others came on and said we were playing for 2nd in the west when we defecated all under the covers in the EB. They then also mentioned us beating AR and playing LSU tough.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2015, 02:17 PM
I'll probably be doing another in-depth preview for the bowl, just fyi. I'm pretty interested to dig into the NCSU numbers and see how they stack up.