PDA

View Full Version : Strength Coach

AROB44
12-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Any truth to the rumor I heard that the strength coach has left for Maryland. If so, not sure it is a bad thing.

Op4isabitch
12-07-2015, 09:38 AM
No, no, no, that's the Head Coach. ***

preachermatt83
12-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Haven't heard that... However Court is a very good S&C coach.

Statecoachingblows**
12-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Weren't there also rumblings of some changes to the defensive staff in some form or fashion? Haven't seen anything else mentioned, just curious.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2015, 09:59 AM
I'd be highly disappointed if Court left. If nothing else, our players look like they belong in the SEC. And I can't remember us having a single cramping issue since he got here last season. That means he's gotta be doing something right. Plus we stole him from Urban & tOSU, so he can't be terrible.

Our problems have to do with on the field coaches and crootin. I know people are looking for scapegoats right now, but it's really that simple.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2015, 10:03 AM
I'd be highly disappointed if Court left. If nothing else, our players look like they belong in the SEC. And I can't remember us having a single cramping issue since he got here last season. That means he's gotta be doing something right. Plus we stole him from Urban & tOSU, so he can't be terrible.

Our problems have to do with on the field coaches and crootin. I know people are looking for scapegoats right now, but it's really that simple.

This is one thing you have to give Mullen huge credit for. Since he's come in we've totally changed how we work out and how we eat. Our football players are some of the biggest and best conditioned players in the country. It's just a shame we can't get more talented guys to come in here. We maximize the potential of more players than probably every program in the country and to some degree that's what pisses us off so much.

If we could get 2-3 blue chip star players every year, just think what we could turn them into. We develop talent better than anyone in the country and that's partly due to our S&C program and our nutritional focus. We turn a lot of boys into men in our program. A few more blue chip guys would make a world of difference.

maroonmania
12-07-2015, 10:04 AM

Yes, he was with Urban at OSU but I wouldn't exactly say we stole him given he was only an asst. S&C coach there and he became our head S&C coach.

ScottH
12-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Weren't there also rumblings of some changes to the defensive staff in some form or fashion? Haven't seen anything else mentioned, just curious.

Hasn't the norm become that many times after signing day is when much of the assistant turnover happens.

I recall that's the reason some high profile players only signed scholarship papers and not LOI.

sleepy dawg
12-07-2015, 11:25 AM
This is one thing you have to give Mullen huge credit for. Since he's come in we've totally changed how we work out and how we eat. Our football players are some of the biggest and best conditioned players in the country. It's just a shame we can't get more talented guys to come in here. We maximize the potential of more players than probably every program in the country and to some degree that's what pisses us off so much.

If we could get 2-3 blue chip star players every year, just think what we could turn them into. We develop talent better than anyone in the country and that's partly due to our S&C program and our nutritional focus. We turn a lot of boys into men in our program. A few more blue chip guys would make a world of difference.

Good post, and I agree. If we had this, the "on field coaching" issues would take care of themselves.

Big4Dawg
12-07-2015, 11:31 AM

I thought it was because we were Juiced? Thats what my OM friends say

MadisonDawg
12-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Any truth to the rumor I heard that the strength coach has left for Maryland. If so, not sure it is a bad thing.

Yes, he is gone. I didn't hear if it was to Maryland or not though.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2015, 11:47 AM
PJ just confirmed this is true.

Interesting to say the least. May not be a bad thing though.

Court was good, but, since next year is a transition year, it may not hurt for MSU to have a new voice come in rattle some cages.

Court did a great job, but I don't see this as a horrible thing.

ScottH
12-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Maybe the new hoops guy has a buddy

C222
12-07-2015, 12:03 PM
He won't be the only coach to leave

mstatefan91
12-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Best of luck to him. He seemed to do a good job. Especially with conditioning (which has been a problem of ours in the past).

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2015, 12:08 PM

Any candidate or who else may leave?

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Any candidate or who else may leave?

If Hevesy and Sallach aren't included, it's pointless.

It_Could_Happen
12-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Maybe the new hoops guy has a buddy

Hoops guy is the real deal.

Coach007
12-07-2015, 01:37 PM
court wasn't great. very replaceable.

Political Hack
12-07-2015, 03:05 PM
We looked good down the stretch of games, but we also dealt with a lot of injuries this year. Seemed like our OL was pretty banged up, maybe more than normal, all season. Market, Redmond, Gabe, Dear, Lee, etc...

NCDawg
12-07-2015, 03:11 PM
PJ just confirmed this is true.

Interesting to say the least. May not be a bad thing though.

Court was good, but, since next year is a transition year, it may not hurt for MSU to have a new voice come in rattle some cages.

Court did a great job, but I don't see this as a horrible thing.

What does "transition year" mean? Does it mean we don't reload but we have to rebuild because of poor recruiting?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-07-2015, 03:12 PM
What does "transition year" mean? Does it mean we don't reload but we have to rebuild because of poor recruiting?

How many teams reload?

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2015, 03:16 PM

No one said you can't have a good season in a transition year, but, YES, it is a transition year.

As for reloading, only Alabama, LSU, & Georgia do that &, for LSU & Georgia, much of it depends on their QB situation.

Alabama is the only team in the SEC capable of winning it with below average QB play. LSU & Georgia need to at least be adequate there.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-07-2015, 03:20 PM
No one said you can't have a good season in a transition year, but, YES, it is a transition year.

As for reloading, only Alabama, LSU, & Georgia do that &, for LSU & Georgia, much of it depends on their QB situation.

Alabama is the only team in the SEC capable of winning it with below average QB play. LSU & Georgia need to at least be adequate there.

I would say only 1 of those teams reload. If UGA reloaded Richt wouldn't be at Miami. He's avg 1 more win a year than Mullen since Mullen has stepped on campus. Les hasn't finished in the top 10 since they lost in the championship game 4yrs ago.

preachermatt83
12-07-2015, 03:33 PM

This