Leroy Jenkins
12-06-2015, 09:56 PM
We were really in the market for more of a fixer-upper anyway.**

http://imgix.scout.com/135/1358441.jpg

Either that, or he wasnt prepared for the STRAIN. "Derp, derp strain derp"

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/files/2015/04/msu_mullen2_rant.jpg

bobcat91
12-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Gentle Williams, committed to Cal is about to get him MSU offer.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 09:58 PM
We should decommit from paying Hevesy to coach here.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Didn't Dan and hev just go to his game? Who offered nalls to get him to de-commit?

Big4Dawg
12-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Plans to officially visit Florida
Hevesy and Dan saw him Friday btw.

state66
12-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Unbelievable

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Gentle Williams, committed to Cal is about to get him MSU offer.

With a name like Gentle, he'd be a perfect fit.

Bass Chaser
12-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Collins was his primary recruiter according to 247.

Tripp McNeely
12-06-2015, 10:07 PM
We saw him play on Friday...sounds like he was encouraged to decommit

mic
12-06-2015, 10:10 PM

In Hevesy we Trust........

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 10:10 PM

If he signs with FloridA, then that is just spin. If he ends up at Troy or South Alabama, then ok.

Cal is about to lose a commit though.

Big4Dawg
12-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Might be something to that.

From Friday: @ScoutHSAlabama: #MSU verbal Dee Nalls hasn't played the last few possessions, doesn't appear to be hurt either

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Can't believe a couple of swagless Yankees couldn't seal the deal Friday.**

Just kidding. Guys, I think this has zero to do with Hevesy. I still don't like Hevesy though, so had to let a few jokes fly, ha

msstate7
12-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Why would he de-commit on Sunday and still want to visit this coming weekend? We sure he broke up with us or maybe the other way?

OurState
12-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Can't believe a couple of swagless Yankees couldn't seal the deal Friday.**

I can't believe a staff that prides itself on talent evaluation sent two coaches to watch a player who isn't worthy of an offer play in December.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Why would he de-commit on Sunday and still want to visit this coming weekend? We sure he broke up with us or maybe the other way?

I just heard that there may have been something that turned our staff in a different direction. We'll see

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Gentle Williams & Lloyd Cushenberry are probably smiling pretty big tonight.

SDDawg
12-06-2015, 10:19 PM
I just heard that there may have been something that turned our staff in a different direction. We'll see

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again."

I seen it dawg
12-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Smiling big isn't something happening to us. So we get a decommitment from a longstanding commit only to then offer a coulple of other guys....great

starkvegasdawg
12-06-2015, 10:21 PM

Was he rumored to get a 5th star?

msstate7
12-06-2015, 10:22 PM
We should see watch who Wisconsin offers at the oline position and offer the same guys. Up until this year, Wisconsin has been 1st or 2nd in the big 10 in rushing since '08 except for 1 year where they were 3rd.

EnterpriseDawg
12-06-2015, 10:23 PM
I know it's a long way till February, but I'm getting a feeling that this is gonna be one shitty class. Why do we suck so bad at recruiting? Is it really a matter of paying recruits or just something we say to make ourselves feel better for not competing in recruiting?

drummerdawg
12-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Gentle Williams & Lloyd Cushenberry are probably smiling pretty big tonight.

So we're going after 2* players now?

mic
12-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Out of Nall, Williams, and Cushenberry I'm guessing one of the 3 might be sec talent.. Let's hope we get lucky and get the right one..

Coach34
12-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Yay- our OL recruiting is so wonderful

War Machine Dawg
I know it's a long way till February, but I'm getting a feeling that this is gonna be one shitty class. Why do we suck so bad at recruiting? Is it really a matter of paying recruits or just something we say to make ourselves feel better for not competing in recruiting?

We are handicapping ourselves in crootin. No other way to put it. Until we make major staff changes, and I don't mean on-field staff, don't expect us to croot on the level of other SEC programs.

CadaverDawg
I believe what I heard, but reading Nalls' decommitment tweet definitely makes it sound like a Nalls decision. Not that I would expect anything less.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVlxxWXU4AAKnPo.jpg:large

Blackout
12-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Why do we suck so bad at recruiting?
Our compliance tattle tale

http://www.mstateathletics.com/pics24/200/KW/KWYKGSVBXGEKGND.20081205172724.jpg

Our cigar boys - aka the Virginia Slims

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/MeanGirlsSoundtrack.jpg

Everyone else's cigar team

https://oldalexius.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/wolf-of-wall-street-movie-uk-poster.jpg

raymond21
12-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Don't make to much out of this. Understand why everyone is jumping to conclusions but not accurate in this case

msstate7
12-06-2015, 10:42 PM
I believe what I heard, but reading Nalls' decommitment tweet definitely makes it sound like a Nalls decision. Not that I would expect anything less.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVlxxWXU4AAKnPo.jpg:large

Even if we were splitting ways with him, I'd hope we let it look like he did. Not saying that's the case...

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Our compliance tattle tale

http://www.mstateathletics.com/pics24/200/KW/KWYKGSVBXGEKGND.20081205172724.jpg

Our cigar boys - aka the Virginia Slims

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/MeanGirlsSoundtrack.jpg

Everyone else's cigar team

https://oldalexius.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/wolf-of-wall-street-movie-uk-poster.jpg

That guy in the band hat looks like he is wearing a FMB hat. Which made your post even funnier.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Don't make to much out of this. Understand why everyone is jumping to conclusions but not accurate in this case

I'm going to wait and see where he signs.

Either way though, either we lost a long time commit, or we accepted a commitment from a guy that was not an SEC talent months ago. Not a good look either way.

Let's just fill the spot with a guy that can play in the SEC.

state66
12-06-2015, 10:44 PM
It is accurate. Our O line recruiting blows

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 10:47 PM

Well, first of all we are going to finish strong and end up with a top 25 class. Now that's probably 9th in the SEC or so- but hardly shitty.

And the other thing is if you look at our recruiting and you trust the star system we have really only lacked "4-5 star talent" at one position group. And I think we all know which group that is.

I know some may disagree with me because they want Bracky gone- and I do too- but I think it's more of an issue with that one position group holding us back more than anything. We get someone that can recruit the o-line and develop the talent, we'll be a LOT better with or without Bracky. Hevesy is absolutely toxic when it comes to recruiting.

Tripp McNeely
12-06-2015, 10:49 PM
If he signs with FloridA, then that is just spin. If he ends up at Troy or South Alabama, then ok.

Cal is about to lose a commit though.

I don't think he's going to end up anywhere like Florida or Auburn

dickiedawg
12-06-2015, 10:50 PM

You mean 4th? He's a 3 star 86 on 247, not sure about less relevant sites.

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 10:52 PM
So we're going after 2* players now?

Williams is a Mid 3 star and Cushenberry is a So Car commit

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 10:54 PM
I don't think he's going to end up anywhere like Florida or Auburn

So we accepted a commit from a guy that can't play in the SEC?

Not good.

maroonmania
12-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Yes, I'm ticked about our OL recruiting but I'm not going to lose it over this, at least not for the time being. Its not like we lost a 4* OL recruit that the rest of the SEC was salivating over. As far as I know he has no AL and Aub offer. Does he have any other SEC offer? Says he's visiting FL but I don't know that they've offered. Like some others have said, I'll wait and see where he signs.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 10:55 PM

Not good.

As long as the commitment isn't a signature, no big deal

chef dixon
12-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Well, first of all we are going to finish strong and end up with a top 25 class. Now that's probably 9th in the SEC or so- but hardly shitty.

And the other thing is if you look at our recruiting and you trust the star system we have really only lacked "4-5 star talent" at one position group. And I think we all know which group that is.

I know some may disagree with me because they want Bracky gone- and I do too- but I think it's more of an issue with that one position group holding us back more than anything. We get someone that can recruit the o-line and develop the talent, we'll be a LOT better with or without Bracky. Hevesy is absolutely toxic when it comes to recruiting.

No one seems to mention that our defense overall has been just plain slow.

EnterpriseDawg
12-06-2015, 10:58 PM

So with just 5 - 7 more spots left we are gonna move from 40 something to top 25? I just don't see that happening. We don't have one single 4* on the commit list yet. Like I said, I'm gonna wait to see in February, but it's not looking good.

Noxdog

Not good.

Well hell, what do you want us to do? Accept his commitment? Damn, can't have it both ways. Hopefully this is a good sign.

OurState

Not good.

And sent our head coach and another coach to watch him play a game where he got benched. In December.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 11:00 PM
And sent our head coach and another coach to watch him play a game where he got benched. In December.

We probably went to re-evaluate and didn't like what we saw

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Well hell, what do you want us to do? Accept his commitment? Damn, can't have it both ways. Hopefully this is a good sign.

If we sign a highly rated guy that has multiple p5 offers, then great.

If we simply move on to a guy that we didn't think warranted an offer, then that sucks.

Bothrops
12-06-2015, 11:02 PM
We should travel to Wisconsin, Minnesota, then onto to Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and western Russia. Do it now.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Not good.

No, talent evaluation is extremely hard, especially when you step out of the 5 star & high 4 star players.

We accepted a commitment from a prospect, who at the time, we thought would develop into an SEC player. However, now after his SR year, when we have much more information to go off of concerning his likely potential, we decided that there were better players that we could get.

Nick Saban can be the worst talent evaluator in the country & Bama would still win big. What's allowed Mullen to be successful is that we take 3 stars that turn into 4 star players, either by development or because we did a better job evaluating them.

I cannot over state how difficult talent evaluation at the height of the bell curve (In the middle) is. I don't think people truly understand this unless they've been in the position of having to figure it out. The key is being flexible & not having too large an ego that you cannot change your mind. The 2 main rules in scouting are: 1. Have an opinion & 2. Don't be afraid to change your mind because the #1 goal is to GET IT RIGHT

Big4Dawg
12-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Holy hell. Some of you guys are awful. Mad we dropped him but you would be the same ones in 3 years saying he's a waste of a scholarship and Hevsey can't evaluate talent, but then complain saying "we accepted a commitment from someone who isn't good". Just be glad we are doing something about this before he got to campus and threw him out there against a 5* DT.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 11:13 PM
I'll add that this could be a good sign. Apparently, Mullen & another coach went to watch Nalls play & apparently made the call.

This could mean that Mullen is taking a more hands on approach to our o-line recruiting & evaluation. Personally, I'd consider it a positive that as many coaches as possible are getting a say on who we offer at those positions.

chef dixon
12-06-2015, 11:14 PM
How's Darryl Williams looked this year? Isn't he supposed to be a beast?

TUSK
12-06-2015, 11:22 PM

I can neither confirm not deny he received a PsychoPhant offer...

yall shouldn't sweat this cat...

SDDawg
12-06-2015, 11:30 PM
I can neither confirm not deny he received a PsychoPhant offer...

yall shouldn't sweat this cat...

The voice of reason, thank you.

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 11:58 PM
No one seems to mention that our defense overall has been just plain slow.

I think that is a very good point. I think some of it is lack of instincts like Coman. I think some of it is scheme- playing too soft and too conservative. Our pass rushers really struggle against even remotely mobile QB's to bring them down or chase them down.

K9 Avenger
12-07-2015, 12:00 AM

It's what message board dipshits do...

Todd4State
12-07-2015, 12:10 AM
So with just 5 - 7 more spots left we are gonna move from 40 something to top 25? I just don't see that happening. We don't have one single 4* on the commit list yet. Like I said, I'm gonna wait to see in February, but it's not looking good.

First of all we have more than 5-7 spots available. Ifyouonlyknow had a great list today of the potential prospects that we could get. The Golden Triangle has four prospects that are consensus four star recruits that we lead for right now- AJ Brown, Kobe Jones, Simmons, and Lashley. There is a very good chance we sweep them. Emmitt Gooden is a big time lean to us- and is a four star recruit as well. Very good chance we flip 4 star Raekwon Davis too. If that happens at a minimum, it will vault us into the top 25. That would be six four star players and for reference we signed 7 four star players last year and landed the 18th ranked recruiting class.

And then there are a couple that we have to work on in 4 star Nigel Knott and 5 star Derrick Brown which would be HUGE gets as well. I think it will go down to late January on those two. So, there is actually an outside chance we sign as many if not more 4 star guys as last year. And then you have to factor in the fact that two of our four star guys were JUCO's whereas this class will be HS 4 star guys.

Todd4State
12-07-2015, 12:12 AM
We should travel to Wisconsin, Minnesota, then onto to Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and western Russia. Do it now.

And get people that for the most part have never played football before and all speak different languages and have natural political animosity against each other?

Actually that wouldn't be any worse than what Hevesy put out there this year.

sandwolf
12-07-2015, 12:18 AM

Not good.

This is not uncommon at all. Some recruits are committing before they start their junior year of high school football. When you extend offers to kids that are that young (and you have to do it because all the other schools are), there are going to be some that don't develop as expected......when that happens, you have to go in a different direction.

dawgs
12-07-2015, 12:20 AM
No, talent evaluation is extremely hard, especially when you step out of the 5 star & high 4 star players.

We accepted a commitment from a prospect, who at the time, we thought would develop into an SEC player. However, now after his SR year, when we have much more information to go off of concerning his likely potential, we decided that there were better players that we could get.

Nick Saban can be the worst talent evaluator in the country & Bama would still win big. What's allowed Mullen to be successful is that we take 3 stars that turn into 4 star players, either by development or because we did a better job evaluating them.

I cannot over state how difficult talent evaluation at the height of the bell curve (In the middle) is. I don't think people truly understand this unless they've been in the position of having to figure it out. The key is being flexible & not having too large an ego that you cannot change your mind. The 2 main rules in scouting are: 1. Have an opinion & 2. Don't be afraid to change your mind because the #1 goal is to GET IT RIGHT

if mullen could consistently evaluate 2* and 3* guys that should develop into be 4* guys on a large scale basis, we wouldn't be getting curb stomped by bama and ole miss every ****ing year.

tcdog70
12-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Upon talking to a family member who is an Elite HS Coach, I found out we have 1 Coach who HS Coaches feel comfortable with while the Rebs have 5 or 6. Thank God for Tony Hughes. Since Hud left we have not replaced His ability to close the deal. We did with Brewster but he hit the dusty trail. We need a Mississippi Guy who can recruit. Steve Campbell was the one mentioned that could solve a lot of problems. or we can hide our heads in the sand and just get our ass reemed on a regular basis.

Coach007
12-07-2015, 01:52 PM
I'll add that this could be a good sign. Apparently, Mullen & another coach went to watch Nalls play & apparently made the call.

This could mean that Mullen is taking a more hands on approach to our o-line recruiting & evaluation. Personally, I'd consider it a positive that as many coaches as possible are getting a say on who we offer at those positions.

He was benched in the game.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Upon talking to a family member who is an Elite HS Coach, I found out we have 1 Coach who HS Coaches feel comfortable with while the Rebs have 5 or 6. Thank God for Tony Hughes. Since Hud left we have not replaced His ability to close the deal. We did with Brewster but he hit the dusty trail. We need a Mississippi Guy who can recruit. Steve Campbell was the one mentioned that could solve a lot of problems. or we can hide our heads in the sand and just get our ass reemed on a regular basis.

For o-line this state is just not big enough to produce enough quality players for Ole Miss and State. Have to go OOS to grab some bigger names for OL.

Coach007
12-07-2015, 02:07 PM
For o-line this state is just not big enough to produce enough quality players for Ole Miss and State. Have to go OOS to grab some bigger names for OL.

This year, we need to add 2 juco and 3 HS guys. I think we will see that happen too.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Maybe they are changing philosophy on O Line.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2015, 03:19 PM

Funny you say that because MSU has been beating Ole Miss on in-state recruits. So, you family member doesn't make a ton of sense.

tcdog70
12-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Funny you say that because MSU has been beating Ole Miss on in-state recruits. So, you family member doesn't make a ton of sense.

RIGHT!, go ahead and stick your head back in the sand.