PDA

View Full Version : Just saw on Twitter

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-06-2015, 12:25 PM
where Stricklin and HailStateFB both just followed the Belk Bowl. Looks like it's going to be Charlotte. Who is our likely opponent?

Op4isabitch
12-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Nebraska?

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Nebraska?

It would be an ACC opponent..... most likely UNC or Duke IMO

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-06-2015, 12:29 PM
I was thinking Duke as well. That would almost be like a road game.

Op4isabitch
12-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Yeah disregard, I was thinking Nashville. Need more coffee.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Virginia Tech

Political Hack
12-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Virginia Tech

That's almost a certainty at this point I think.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 12:47 PM
We are playing Virginia Tech in Charlotte, 99% sure

klong-dog
12-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Va Tech is a much better matchup for us than UNC and Duke. UNC would probably out score us and Duke would probably out smart us.

bobcat91
12-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Carrie Underwood performs before the game.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Va Tech is a much better matchup for us than UNC and Duke. UNC would probably out score us and Duke would probably out smart us.

I agree, I like the matchup better than any good offensive team. They have a good defense, and typically their corners are excellent....so we'll have to come out with a good game plan offensively.

Blackout

And Virginia Tech will out-heart us

Todd4State
Carrie Underwood performs before the game.

Well, there's that.

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 01:09 PM

Dan doesn't lose to bad teams.

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2015, 01:12 PM
We won't carry a crowd worth a damn to Charlotte. I know I won't be able to go. Would MUCH rathe have Music City. Sweet baby Jesus please let us play somewhere close enough that our fans can go see Dak one last time.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Looks like this will be their 23rd straight Bowl under Beamer, and they're 10-12 in bowl games under him (if my math is correct). Should be a winnable game over a good program, so I like the draw. We definitely aren't going to get blown out if we lose, unless we turn the ball over a ton...because their offense isn't too good. It could be a low scoring, tight game...or we beat them handily.

With our secondary, we should pray this is who we face.

Dawg61
12-06-2015, 01:19 PM
We won't carry a crowd worth a damn to Charlotte. I know I won't be able to go. Would MUCH rathe have Music City. Sweet baby Jesus please let us play somewhere close enough that our fans can go see Dak one last time.

We have alumni in North Carolina. If Beamer is coaching this game it'll be an honor to play against him in his final game.

mstatefan91
12-06-2015, 01:19 PM

This is pretty much the only reason I don't want the Belk...

IMissJack
12-06-2015, 01:25 PM
This is pretty much the only reason I don't want the Belk...

I think bowls are dying with the Championship. Once the major teams are no longer in the top 4, there is a big drop off in fan support. Not that we were at that level, but very few bowls outside of those are getting great crowds anymore. It is too expensive for most, for a game that doesn't mean anything. I'm not spending 3 grand to take my family to NC to the Belk bowl.

mstatefan91
12-06-2015, 01:30 PM
I think bowls are dying with the Championship. Once the major teams are no longer in the top 4, there is a big drop off in fan support. Not that we were at that level, but very few bowls outside of those are getting great crowds anymore. It is too expensive for most, for a game that doesn't mean anything. I'm not spending 3 grand to take my family to NC to the Belk bowl.

Agreed. If we were doing Music City or even Gator (got friends who live there), I would go.

But overall, bowl games are dying, and I think the reason is that they aren't special anymore. Everyone gets a bowl.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Agreed. If we were doing Music City or even Gator (got friends who live there), I would go.

But overall, bowl games are dying, and I think the reason is that they aren't special anymore. Everyone gets a bowl.

Yep. There needs to be less bowl games, and it would help if there was a true bowl game pecking order, where you get 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8, 9 vs 10, etc.. Regardless of conference, as long as they aren't in the same conference, or something like that. I hate auto bowl tie-ins for conferences. Give us teams that are thought of as on the same level from different conferences, and let's find out who's better. And for God's sake, no 5 win teams in bowl games...there are way too many bowls.

Bothrops
12-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Again, there are too many bowls, and Alabama hosting 3 of them is profoundly ridiculous.

Dawg61
12-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Yep. There needs to be less bowl games, and it would help if there was a true bowl game pecking order, where you get 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8, 9 vs 10, etc.. Regardless of conference, as long as they aren't in the same conference, or something like that. I hate auto bowl tie-ins for conferences. Give us teams that are thought of as on the same level from different conferences, and let's find out who's better. And for God's sake, no 5 win teams in bowl games...there are way too many bowls.

Make all the bowls part of the playoff bracket. Eliminate 3 OOC games. Why should March Madness have all the fun? Bet more fans showed up if their team still had a chance to win the NC.

maroonmania
12-06-2015, 01:54 PM

Oh great, we get a hyped up VT team trying to send Beamer out a winner versus our uninspired team which ALWAYS plays the bowl like they don't care after losing to OM.

Political Hack
12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
We have alumni in North Carolina. If Beamer is coaching this game it'll be an honor to play against him in his final game.

Beamer's last game and Dak's last game. Don't know why anyone wouldn't think that's special enough to make the trek.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Oh great, we get a hyped up VT team trying to send Beamer out a winner versus our uninspired team which ALWAYS plays the bowl like they don't care after losing to OM.

That Va Tech team had to use all their heart to pull out a squeaker vs Virginia to become bowl eligible for Beamer...in other words, regardless of heart, they aren't very good. I wouldn't put much stock into Beamer's last game stuff is all I'm saying.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 02:05 PM
That Va Tech team had to use all their heart to pull out a squeaker vs Virginia to become bowl eligible for Beamer...in other words, regardless of heart, they aren't very good. I wouldn't put much stock into Beamer's last game stuff is all I'm saying.

This has been beamer's last season all year and all the team could manage was a 6-6 record. They aren't gonna all-the-sudden flip a switch and be the Michael Vick hokies

BulldogBear
12-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Nebraska?

BooYoo

Ssssssass

...but no. Belk would only be ACC.

MedDawg
12-06-2015, 02:46 PM
I remember Bear Bryant's last game with Bama was a Liberty Bowl, and I swear I've never seen a team hit the other team's players so hard as Bama that day.

VT will be the same way, playing for Beamer's last game. Still, they're not very good and they've barely won several games (and barely lost a few) to some even worse teams. They did play UNC close at the end of the season.

I'd be a little afraid of playing VT in Beamer's last game, but on the plus side, the minor bowl will get more pub and more viewers because of it. And I think we can beat them even with emotion on their side.

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Going to be NC State

preachermatt83
12-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Man you guys really nailed it on those 99 percent sure guesses. ***

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Man you guys really nailed it on those 99 percent sure guesses. ***

http://i.imgur.com/SV2wLai.gif