PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Football Recruiting.....

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 11:07 AM
2016:

We currently have 15 commitments. This leaves us room for Simmons, Brown, Lashley, Jones, plus one more. We may be able to get more than 20 in this class if some of our underclassmen declare for the draft. I still think we get a Fred Ross type commitment this year. I know the coaches are talking with Justin McKinnis (he's extremely under rated..... probably because he's a canuck). I'm wondering if we only found out about him because we're looking at his teammate Mark Thompson. Either way, I'm not sure if he'll get a commitable offer if Brown joins the party. There's a lot of upside to this class, but it's looking more and more like the 2014 class.

2017:

This class is starting to look like our 2015 class. We currently have Champion, Myers, Pierce and Dabney in the boat. But those won't be our top guys in this class.

We are likely to get these guys:

CJ Avery (4* DB)
Kylin Hill (4* RB)
Brad Stewart (4* DB)
Willie Gay (4* OLB) - another Starkville guy we can't afford to lose.
Josh Lister (4* WR) - we need to be all in on this guy..... he's definitely a game changer with 4.3 speed. Keith Mixon type player.
Kam White (3* WR)
Keldrick Carper (3* DB) - J Banks type DB
Freddie Hartz (3* ILB)
Lavante Epson (3* OG)
J'Marick Woods (3* S) - he'll be a 4* next year easily. He's about 6'3" and fast as hell.
Ronald Ladd (3* OLB) - Rosa Fort is starting to produce some damn good players

I'm sure there are a ton of others to list for 2017, since it's probably going to be a big class. Ifyouonlyknew probably has more knowledge on the other prospects.

vv83
12-06-2015, 01:19 PM
What about Cam Akers? Do we have a shot with him or is he expected to stick with Bama?

Tripp McNeely
12-06-2015, 01:53 PM
This dude is our top QB target, I've heard http://247sports.com/Player/Keytaon-Thompson-78058

msstate7
12-06-2015, 01:56 PM
What's up with gay? Isn't he about to commit to om?

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 02:05 PM
What's up with gay? Isn't he about to commit to om?

Similar to the Nigel Knott situation..... he wants to go out of state, but the family wants him to stay close to home.

Jacksondevildog
12-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Alabama took care of Nigel's knee surgery and put their doctors on it. I fully expect him to commit to Alabama. If you remember, he was all FSU until the knee injury.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Alabama took care of Nigel's knee surgery and put their doctors on it. I fully expect him to commit to Alabama. If you remember, he was all FSU until the knee injury.

Is that not an impermissible benefit?

Who took care of Gerri green and Jesse jackson's knees?

SDDawg
12-06-2015, 02:15 PM

How does that work? Can someone more educated than I am on this process explain it? I've heard this before on a few other players and I hold NO ill will to kids getting good medical treatment, just want to understand it. Do they send them to the doctor and the bills just never get sent or paid?

Jacksondevildog
12-06-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm sure someone directed the family on how to handle the situation. This isn't hard to figure out.

maroonmania
12-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Is that not an impermissible benefit?

Who took care of Gerri green and Jesse jackson's knees?

Apparently only impermissible with Bracky and us. The rest of the SEC can do whatever the heck they want to with no fear of consequences. NCAA sucks.

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 02:22 PM
This dude is our top QB target, I've heard http://247sports.com/Player/Keytaon-Thompson-78058

Thompson will most likely go to LSU. Here's a guy that'll probably start getting more recognition next year..... http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3493266/highlights/302363392/v2.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Back to '16... When can we expect lashley to make it official? Are Kobe and aj gonna wait till signing day? Are any of our current commits a flip risk? Does mason have an offer? Will we get a visit from Calhoun? Will we get r. Davis and gooden as sign-and-place guys?

Jack Lambert
12-06-2015, 02:30 PM
How does that work? Can someone more educated than I am on this process explain it? I've heard this before on a few other players and I hold NO ill will to kids getting good medical treatment, just want to understand it. Do they send them to the doctor and the bills just never get sent or paid?

Just say they are Alabama and all is ok with the NCAA and SEC.

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 02:33 PM

Suggested doctors also do volunteer work in Birmingham

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Thompson will most likely go to LSU. Here's a guy that'll probably start getting more recognition next year..... http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3493266/highlights/302363392/v2.

He has serious cutback ability. Looks like his passing skills aren't quite where his running skills are, but that's something he can improve on. Looks like a good prospect.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 02:38 PM
We lead for Keytaon by a wide margin. Things could always change but he has no interest in LSU as of right now. He was really put off by them during camp this past summer.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 02:42 PM
We lead for Keytaon by a wide margin. Things could always change but he has no interest in LSU as of right now. He was really put off by them during camp this past summer.

Who else is involved?

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Back to '16... When can we expect lashley to make it official? Are Kobe and aj gonna wait till signing day? Are any of our current commits a flip risk? Does mason have an offer? Will we get a visit from Calhoun? Will we get r. Davis and gooden as sign-and-place guys?

We don't have anyone that will flip.... all current commits are pretty strong. Mason has work, but the same was thought with Leo last year. I don't see Calhoun giving us a visit. He's a Roswell kid, so we are closer to home. But I don't see it happening. R. Davis will hang with his Bama commitment, but eventually, he'll decommit because of grades. I see him and Gooden going Juco then opening up their recruitment again. We have a better opportunity to sign and place Gooden though.

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 02:45 PM

Probably because LSU really wants Narcisse. I'm not sure how strong his commitment to Auburn is.

SDDawg
12-06-2015, 03:03 PM
He has serious cutback ability. Looks like his passing skills aren't quite where his running skills are, but that's something he can improve on. Looks like a good prospect.

Agreed, hard to tell based on the level of competition but looks like he has some great skills.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 03:05 PM
2016:

We currently have 15 commitments. This leaves us room for Simmons, Brown, Lashley, Jones, plus one more. We may be able to get more than 20 in this class if some of our underclassmen declare for the draft. I still think we get a Fred Ross type commitment this year. I know the coaches are talking with Justin McKinnis (he's extremely under rated..... probably because he's a canuck). I'm wondering if we only found out about him because we're looking at his teammate Mark Thompson. Either way, I'm not sure if he'll get a commitable offer if Brown joins the party. There's a lot of upside to this class, but it's looking more and more like the 2014 class.

I'm sure there are a ton of others to list for 2017, since it's probably going to be a big class. Ifyouonlyknew probably has more knowledge on the other prospects.

I think we are going to sign closer to 22 with a few sign and place guys.

My hope:

Simmons
Brown
Lashely
Jones
Gooden
Crowell
Knott

THat would be a great finish

msstate7
12-06-2015, 03:09 PM

My hope:

Simmons
Brown
Lashely
Jones
Gooden
Crowell
Knott

All but the last 2 are pretty realistic aren't they?

Big4Dawg
12-06-2015, 03:15 PM
I don't feel good about Simmons. Only because most of our guys aren't confident and OM people are. Usually there is a reason for that

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 03:22 PM

I think Crowell is ours, if we want him.

He doesnt have a spot with the bears. The longer Knott takes, the better our chances are.

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 03:25 PM

If OM gets Crowell, it would be a Hampton 2.0 situation. Knott is going to Bama where he will red shirt. Because he's not jumping in front of Humphrey or Fitzpatrick. Good luck to him.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 03:29 PM

My hope:

Simmons
Brown
Lashely
Jones
Gooden
Crowell
Knott

Nobody is willing to take Crowell right now & the longer it goes with Knott the better our odds are. Bama hasn't even did an in home with him yet. It could get real interesting in January.

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't feel good about Simmons. Only because most of our guys aren't confident and OM people are. Usually there is a reason for that

OM people are confident about every prospect they offer. Last year, they had CeCe Jefferson in the bag.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 03:34 PM
AJ Brown
Justin Mcinnis
Scott Lashley
Gentle Williams
Emmitt Gooden
Kobe Jones
Jeffery Simmons
Jamal Couch
Reggie Todd
Kaderrion Mason
Vincent Calhoun
Lorenzo Dantzler
Jeremiah Moon
Nigel Knott
John Broussard
Raekwon Davis

All of these guys are in play right now. Some others will be included but this is the main list right now. I'm sure I've missed somebody.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 03:35 PM
AJ Brown
Justin Mcinnis
Scott Lashley
Gentle Williams
Emmitt Gooden
Kobe Jones
Jeffery Simmons
Jamal Couch
Reggie Todd
Kaderrion Mason
Vincent Calhoun
Lorenzo Dantzler
Jeremiah Moon
Nigel Knott
John Broussard

All of these guys are in play right now. Some others will be included but this is the main list right now. I'm sure I've missed somebody.
So which ones you predict we get on that list?

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 03:35 PM

Your going to hear tons of stuff, but that doesn't mean anything. PJ has continued to say Simmons will most likely sign with MSU.

It's going to be a wild ride, but I have growing confidence that we'll survive & finish with a class ranked 18-22.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 03:38 PM
AJ Brown
Justin Mcinnis
Scott Lashley
Gentle Williams
Emmitt Gooden
Kobe Jones
Jeffery Simmons
Jamal Couch
Reggie Todd
Kaderrion Mason
Vincent Calhoun
Lorenzo Dantzler
Jeremiah Moon
Nigel Knott
John Broussard

That's 9 4 stars. If land a good amount of these, we'll have a class that continues to improve our talent level from the team we had this year.

Notice you didn't put Rekwon Davis on there. Is that just because he's going to JUCO or is that because you don't think we'll sign him .

BankerDog
12-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Interesting on the Broussard name. Haven't seen his name since this summer. Also curious about Lorenzo Dantzler, was he just a late bloomer?

What happened with Damion Dicksns and KaDerrion Mason?

Would love to get Gentle Williams. He was the best OL at BDC and it wasn't close.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Is that just because he's going to JUCO or is that because you don't think we'll sign him .

Yes

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 03:43 PM
That's 9 4 stars. If land a good amount of these, we'll have a class that continues to improve our talent level from the team we had this year.

Notice you didn't put Rekwon Davis on there. Is that just because he's going to JUCO or is that because you don't think we'll sign him .

Just an oversight on Raekwon. I'll add him.

Perpetual Underachiever
12-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Let me preface by saying that I am not a "star" whore when it comes to recruiting. Dan and co. have done a great job of evaluating, signing, and developing underrated talent...but unfortunately that doesn't translate to trip to Atlanta. Yes, the star and entire team ranking system is flawed, but we got whipped by almost every 4 & 5 star we faced this year. This stat says it all:

http://i.imgsafe.org/08e76b5.jpg

We HAVE to revamp our recruiting strategy/system so that we are consistently, or at least every other year, finishing in the top third of the SEC in recruiting. Signing day may not be until February, but being currently ranked 38th overall, and 11th in the SEC, is very disturbing. I don't know who to blame? Dan, the entire football staff, F'n Bracky, our soft "network"? Regardless who is most at fault, we either find a way to start landing 4 & 5 stars or return to being irrelevant in the SEC.

For those who are not concerned, and confident we will finish strong by landing some of our top prospects... I pray to "8lb 6oz newborn infant Jesus" that you are right. But why such the slow start this recruiting year? Teams that get an early start and land a couple of big ones early almost always seem to finish stronger. These teams are the ones flipping players, not the teams with their top prospects still uncommitted in January. Not having some solid early commits to help us recruit this year hurt, but it's not their job. Not sure how we got so far behind this year, but I see us finishing in the upper 20's...which isn't the end of the world to some, but I would consider it extremely disappointing.

Last request: SIGN SOME F'N TALENTED OL's AND LOTS OF THEM EVERY YEAR. End of my recruiting rant. Nothing would make me happier than to have this post shoved in my face in mid February after we sign a great class. Go Dawgs!

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Interesting on the Broussard name. Haven't seen his name since this summer. Also curious about Lorenzo Dantzler, was he just a late bloomer?

What happened with Damion Dicksns and KaDerrion Mason?

Would love to get Gentle Williams. He was the best OL at BDC and it wasn't close.

Broussard was close to Boom & committed to Auburn due to their defensive coaches. It was apparently close between MSU & Auburn, so with Boom leaving for USC, we are now back in it.

If we can land Broussard, Moon, & maybe one other surprise to go along with the Golden Triangle 4, this class has a chance to be really good compared to our standards.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Let me preface by saying that I am not a "star" whore when it comes to recruiting. Dan and co. have done a great job of evaluating, signing, and developing underrated talent...but unfortunately that doesn't translate to trip to Atlanta. Yes, the star and entire team ranking system is flawed, but we got whipped by almost every 4 & 5 star we faced this year. This stat says it all:

We HAVE to revamp our recruiting strategy/system so that we are consistently, or at least every other year, finishing in the top third of the SEC in recruiting. Signing day may not be until February, but being currently ranked 38th overall, and 11th in the SEC, is very disturbing. I don't know who to blame? Dan, the entire football staff, F'n Bracky, our soft "network"? Regardless who is most at fault, we either find a way to start landing 4 & 5 stars or return to being irrelevant in the SEC.

For those who are not concerned, and confident we will finish strong by landing some of our top prospects... I pray to "8lb 6oz newborn infant Jesus" that you are right. But why such the slow start this recruiting year? Teams that get an early start and land a couple of big ones early almost always seem to finish stronger. These teams are the ones flipping players, not the teams with their top prospects still uncommitted in January. Not having some solid early commits to help us recruit this year hurt, but it's not their job. Not sure how we got so far behind this year, but I see us finishing in the upper 20's...which isn't the end of the world to some, but I would consider it extremely disappointing.

Last request: SIGN SOME F'N TALENTED OL's AND LOTS OF THEM EVERY YEAR. End of my recruiting rant. Nothing would make me happier than to have this post shoved in my face in mid February after we sign a great class. Go Dawgs!

The main difference I see is the difference between 4 stars & 5 stars.

4 stars are good players, but they are still flawed. It's why a team like Iowa, which is full of all 3 stars, can beat teams that are full of 4 stars, but 5 star players are different. They are complete difference makers on the field & tilt the advantage in games. To me, this is what makes the top 5 recruiting teams so hard to beat. It's not that they always have more depth than you or that they don't have flaws on their team as well. It's because they have 5 to 8 players or so on their roster that are complete difference makers and cover up their mistakes.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 03:52 PM
For as much doom & gloom that everyone wants to put on this program we have a very legit shot at a Top 20 class.

Jacksondevildog
12-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Mullen needs to close strong between now and February. That includes a bowl win to get to 9 wins and sign the golden triangle 4 that are a 7-iron shot from Davis Wade Stadium.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 03:56 PM

If land the players that we currently lead for, we'll finish between 18-22. If we land the players we currently lead for and add a few surprises, we'll almost assuredly finish in the teens.

I love landing tons 4 stars because they add depth & build the core of your team, but we really need to land a few difference making 5 stars that can change the game. This is the only way to beat Bama. You must have a few 5 star players that are mismatches for then. Not sure how we get them.

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Broussard was close to Boom & committed to Auburn due to their defensive coaches. It was apparently close between MSU & Auburn, so with Boom leaving for USC, we are now back in it.

If we can land Broussard, Moon, & maybe one other surprise to go along with the Golden Triangle 4, this class has a chance to be really good compared to our standards.

Auburn losing a kid from Phenix City is like us losing a kid from Starkville.... it happens, just not that often. Moon, on the other hand, is a possibility.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 04:01 PM
For as much doom & gloom that everyone wants to put on this program we have a very legit shot at a Top 20 class.

Absolutely agree. I think it's just because the hay isn't in the barn & people are scared of OM buying off players due to us losing the Egg Bowl & other teams being able to use Dan wanting leave against us.

We landed the #18 class last year. If we can match it with another top 20 class this year, & the another in 2017, when the state is loaded, then we'll have a solid foundation of depth & quality players at most every position.

IMO, we still need some 5* difference makers though. That's why I want Hill & Akers in next year's class. We need players that are matchups problems for Bama. Even with all 4 stars at most every position, Alabama is still better than you at most every position.

maroonmania
12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Absolutely agree. I think it's just because the hay isn't in the barn & people are scared of OM buying off players due to us losing the Egg Bowl & other teams being able to use Dan wanting leave against us.

We landed the #18 class last year. If we can match it with another top 20 class this year, & the another in 2017, when the state is loaded, then we'll have a solid foundation of depth & quality players at most every position.

IMO, we still need some 5* difference makers though. That's why I want Hill & Akers in next year's class. We need players that are matchups problems for Bama. Even with all 4 stars at most every position, Alabama is still better than you at most every position.

No doubt we still have a chance at a really good class but we need a lot of dominoes to fall because none have really fallen yet. Last year, as you put it, we already had WAY more hay in the barn than we do this year. Nothing in the current class committed beyond a 3 star at this point.

SDDawg
12-06-2015, 04:24 PM

When Dan showed up at the Conerly event, my doom and gloom went away. We need Dan to put in the work to beat NC State and to land this recruiting class. We have a solid shot at a good season next year, even with the QB transition and loss of big playmakers. There are only a few doom and gloomers that refuse to let go of last weekend and move forward.

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 04:25 PM

We'll be better than Bama at safety, LB (I expect them to lose a few), and potentially QB and / or WR (I believe Bama will lose Kiffin next year, which will limit the use of Ridley. If we land AJ, he'll make a Ridley like impact).

defiantdog
12-06-2015, 04:27 PM
No doubt we still have a chance at a really good class but we need a lot of dominoes to fall because none have really fallen yet. Last year, as you put it, we already had WAY more hay in the barn than we do this year. Nothing in the current class committed beyond a 3 star at this point.

2017 recruiting class will be a repeat, if not better than, the 2015 class.

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 04:28 PM

Our fans complained because we only had one "splash" and that was Lewis. This year we'll have more of a splash at the end, but our fans are worried because they aren't verbally committed. Dan just needs to mix it up better. And maybe add in an All- Star game hat announcement guy.

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 04:29 PM
2017 recruiting class will be a repeat, if not better than, the 2015 class.

I'm pumped about that group. Especially if we get the QB from NOLA and then dominate in state.

HoopsDawg
12-06-2015, 04:36 PM

Let's see it. Right now it's a poor class. Sign a Top 20 class and blowout NC State and the tide will turn.

msstate7
12-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Let's see it. Right now it's a poor class. Sign a Top 20 class and blowout NC State and the tide will turn.

What if we just beat nc state and sign a top 25 class? Should we run off Mullen?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-06-2015, 05:01 PM
AJ Brown
Justin Mcinnis
Scott Lashley
Gentle Williams
Emmitt Gooden
Kobe Jones
Jeffery Simmons
Jamal Couch
Reggie Todd
Kaderrion Mason
Vincent Calhoun
Lorenzo Dantzler
Jeremiah Moon
Nigel Knott
John Broussard
Raekwon Davis

Do you mind if I add these to the sticky thread for 2016 recruiting as possibilities?

Tripp McNeely
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Our fans complained because we only had one "splash" and that was Lewis. This year we'll have more of a splash at the end, but our fans are worried because they aren't verbally committed. Dan just needs to mix it up better. And maybe add in an All- Star game hat announcement guy.

Seems as if this is by design too...I think our guys are really starting to get the hang of this recruiting thing

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Seems as if this is by design too...I think our guys are really starting to get the hang of this recruiting thing

Absolutely! Recruiting is a game and it is silly that all of these games are played. But it is what it is. I get some enjoyment out of following it personally, so I'm not going to knock anyone who is in to all of that other stuff. I like to go watch the recruits play in person and then make my own judgments/evaluations and then see how I do vs. the coaches and the recruiting gurus. So, I'm not really into all of the hat stuff and all of that- but I understand the perception it causes. And I understand why schools let recruits do it.

Our coaches have definitely gotten better at recruiting over the years and limiting flips and things like that. I think the 2017 class may be the culmination of their recruiting experience.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Do you mind if I add these to the sticky thread for 2016 recruiting as possibilities?

Sure

32 Dive
12-06-2015, 06:03 PM

Best compensation system in college football. No one comes close. They have had their act together for over half a century. We are they Rays, and they are the Yankees. No bitterness. Just facts. But you sure don't go to cleaning house, 'cause you lose to the Yankees and Red Sox.

Just like with the black bears, you don't waste your time being mad. You get your act together, and recruit. Make yourself as good as possible, period.

HoopsDawg
12-06-2015, 06:07 PM
What if we just beat nc state and sign a top 25 class? Should we run off Mullen?

No, of course not.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2015, 06:40 PM
No, of course not.

Was this a serious question?

Also, I would like to see Dan sign a top 250 kid that pretty much any MSU coach would sign.

OurState
12-06-2015, 09:23 PM

How can we be sure it Bracky not just that our staff doesn't recruit well?
How land doesn't seem handcuffed by Bracky and basketball recruiting makes football look like cub scouts.

I think our staff identifies talent well, but isn't great at the sales side of recruiting.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 09:32 PM
May be old news,but I heard Flowers would no longer be coming to MSU. What's the deal there? I thought he was going to be pretty good...did he take a step back at Co-Lin or something?

msstate7
12-06-2015, 09:36 PM
May be old news,but I heard Flowers would no longer be coming to MSU. What's the deal there? I thought he was going to be pretty good...did he take a step back at Co-Lin or something?

We're pretty selective when it comes to olinemen. He's probably really good, but not elite**

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 09:36 PM

Grades.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Grades.

Oh, that's not what I heard. I was told that he will be going elsewhere to play.

Bass Chaser
12-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Delete

MabenMaroon
12-06-2015, 09:43 PM
How can we be sure it Bracky not just that our staff doesn't recruit well?
How land doesn't seem handcuffed by Bracky and basketball recruiting makes football look like cub scouts.

I think our staff identifies talent well, but isn't great at the sales side of recruiting.

Coach Howland had a nice selling point this year that is completely out front and truthful. He could promise players immediate playing time ( because we didn't have doodle squat lined up outside of one maybe two) plus he has the Final 4 resume and the placement of players into the NBA. Coach Mullen has always been out front and truthful as well but he can not guarantee playing time but to only a very elite few and has always told PSA's that if they work hard they will have a successful career here. Plus he has always stressed the academic side as well.

Noxdog
12-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Dee Nalls decommitted. Cue all the bitches. Hevey doing work!$%&*

Let overreaction Sunday begin.

OurState
12-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Coach Howland had a nice selling point this year that is completely out front and truthful. He could promise players immediate playing time ( because we didn't have doodle squat lined up outside of one maybe two) plus he has the Final 4 resume and the placement of players into the NBA. Coach Mullen has always been out front and truthful as well but he can not guarantee playing time but to only a very elite few and has always told PSA's that if they work hard they will have a successful career here. Plus he has always stressed the academic side as well.

All of this is true. College Basketball recruiting is still filthy. Just saying that Howland finds ways to do it and Dan doesn't. Bracky may not help, but I wonder if we are letting the football staff off easy.

Thick
12-06-2015, 10:26 PM

The only concern I have with that statement is, how many quality OL prospects are driving that ranking. Every year we seem to have some nice pick ups, but NONE of them are OL. That's the 800 lb gorilla in the room year in and year out. I'm not getting excited until we start landing good, solid OL.

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2015, 10:48 PM
The only concern I have with that statement is, how many quality OL prospects are driving that ranking. Every year we seem to have some nice pick ups, but NONE of them are OL. That's the 800 lb gorilla in the room year in and year out. I'm not getting excited until we start landing good, solid OL.

http://i.imgur.com/cvvTkep.gif

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-06-2015, 11:11 PM
6'0"180.....uhhh no

msstate7
12-06-2015, 11:28 PM
How do we look with Jamal couch? He has a nice offer sheet... Could he play here next season?

Big4Dawg
12-06-2015, 11:36 PM
How do we look with Jamal couch? He has a nice offer sheet... Could he play here next season?

Chad Simmons ‏@ChadSimmons_ Dec 3 Georgia, USA
Is former #FSU commit, #Scout300 ATH Jamal Couch heading to the SEC? Hearing he's a strong lean to #HailState.

This tweet was also RT by John Broussard.

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Broussard-30397

John was between us and Auburn when he committed but with Boom going to USC, looking around. He's an EE but we are making moves fast. Could visit this weekend.

TUSK
12-07-2015, 12:09 AM
We'll be better than Bama at safety, LB (I expect them to lose a few), and potentially QB and / or WR (I believe Bama will lose Kiffin next year, which will limit the use of Ridley. If we land AJ, he'll make a Ridley like impact).

Safety: Not if #4 comes back.
LB: no
QB: I've given up on Bammer ever having a good QB, but Barnett is supposed to be the "real deal" (again) and has been on campus a while.
Kiffen: unlike most peeps that think Kiffin hurts Bama, I'd like him to stay longer... I think he's done a good job.
WR: I think Bama will have a better corps even if AJ Brown goes to MSU... I'm assuming either Bear and/or Ross go pro... if not, it's a close call...

Todd4State
12-07-2015, 12:17 AM
QB: I've given up on Bammer ever having a good QB, but Barnett is supposed to be the "real deal" (again) and has been on campus a while.
Kiffen: unlike most peeps that think Kiffin hurts Bama, I'd like him to stay longer... I think he's done a good job.
WR: I think Bama will have a better corps even if AJ Brown goes to MSU... I'm assuming either Bear and/or Ross go pro... if not, it's a close call...

Ross is coming back. And on Kiffen, I actually agree with you. His biggest weakness is he gets too cute sometimes. But overall, he's very good.

TUSK
12-07-2015, 12:23 AM
Ross is coming back. And on Kiffen, I actually agree with you. His biggest weakness is he gets too cute sometimes. But overall, he's very good.

Dead.

Nuts.

On.

Jarius
12-07-2015, 10:06 AM
If we win the bowl game and sign the players that we should sign (no excuse to not sign prospects in the golden triangle), our fans will be slobbering on Mullen's cock again. 9 wins and back to back top 20 classes make the future look bright. 8 wins and not signing these guys and the sky is falling.

defiantdog
12-07-2015, 10:21 AM
I think Jackson is gone..... He had a good year. When Bama players have a good year, they leave early. Even if they weren't ready.

Thick
12-07-2015, 10:31 AM
If we win the bowl game and sign the players that we should sign (no excuse to not sign prospects in the golden triangle), our fans will be slobbering on Mullen's cock again. 9 wins and back to back top 20 classes make the future look bright. 8 wins and not signing these guys and the sky is falling.

Not if we don't sign some quality OL.

Jarius
12-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Not if we don't sign some quality OL.

I don't think there is any way that we don't sign Lashley. If we win the bowl game and sign him (along with the other players in our own back yard that shouldn't even be a fight because of where they live) I think the masses will take a step back. The biggest thing will be us winning our bowl game and Ole Miss losing theirs. As much as I hate to admit it, their success or failure determines our attitude towards our own staff as much as ours does.

FISHDAWG
12-07-2015, 10:44 AM
AJ ..... https://twitter.com/brown1arthur/status/673672448772988930

TUSK
12-07-2015, 10:48 AM
I think Jackson is gone..... He had a good year. When Bama players have a good year, they leave early. Even if they weren't ready.

I think you'll end up being proven correct... my glimmer of hope is that this was his first year to play S and Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe we can trick him into returning....

if not, we have talented replacements... but not at his current level.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2015, 10:50 AM
I don't think there is any way that we don't sign Lashley. If we win the bowl game and sign him (along with the other players in our own back yard that shouldn't even be a fight because of where they live) I think the masses will take a step back. The biggest thing will be us winning our bowl game and Ole Miss losing theirs. As much as I hate to admit it, their success or failure determines our attitude towards our own staff as much as ours does.

Why is everyone mentioning "winning the bowl game" relating it to recruiting? I have talked with guys with close ties to recruiting and they all have told me that winning a certain game or games has NO bearing on recruits' decisions. It's all about relationship with coaches, playing time....(oh and a few other thing$)

Winning certain games I think is more for us fans and the perception that "we have momentum now". I think its clear that we as grown ass men have different ways of thinking than 17-18 year old kids.

Remember when we spent 5 weeks at number 1 last year? How many recruits came busting down our door over that? See my point?

Coach34
12-07-2015, 10:57 AM
AJ ..... https://twitter.com/brown1arthur/status/673672448772988930

OM is a distant 3rd for him. Distant 3rd

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2015, 11:01 AM
These OM fans are something else...WOW

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2015, 11:03 AM
I have reason to believe they are not a distant 3rd....unless something has changed

maroonmania
12-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Why is everyone mentioning "winning the bowl game" relating it to recruiting? I have talked with guys with close ties to recruiting and they all have told me that winning a certain game or games has NO bearing on recruits' decisions. It's all about relationship with coaches, playing time....(oh and a few other thing$)

Winning certain games I think is more for us fans and the perception that "we have momentum now". I think its clear that we as grown ass men have different ways of thinking than 17-18 year old kids.

Remember when we spent 5 weeks at number 1 last year? How many recruits came busting down our door over that? See my point?

Exactly, while Beaver had recruits busting down his door over going 6-6 his first year. Relationships and "other things" clearly carry the day.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2015, 11:23 AM
I have reason to believe they are not a distant 3rd....unless something has changed

You hearing they are 4th? I guess it's possible.

Jarius
12-07-2015, 11:44 AM

I'm not relating winning the bowl game to recruiting. I'm relating winning the bowl game and finishing off strongly in recruiting to our fans' attitudes towards our staff. No recruit will come here or not come here based on the Belk Bowl result.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2015, 11:58 AM
I sure as hell hope not..Belk Bowl only attracts 3* players..*********

Big4Dawg
12-07-2015, 12:04 PM
You hearing they are 4th? I guess it's possible.

Or he is saying 1st or 2nd