PDA

View Full Version : The Ninja calls out South Carolina

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2015, 11:06 PM
This is odd. I wonder if South Carolina pissed him off?

Kinda wish Stricklin would do this with Mullen, but I don't think Mullen has been offered a job.

Greg Byrne ‏@Greg_Byrne 2m2 minutes ago
Great news! @CoachRodAZ did not commit to the offer from S. Carolina. He's an Arizona Wildcat. #BearDown

Op4isabitch
12-05-2015, 11:12 PM
So is Meathead Muschamp going to be the new South Carolina Coach?

chef dixon
12-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Byrne must have had big holiday plans. Didn't want to start a search.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2015, 11:14 PM
So is Meathead Muschamp going to be the new South Carolina Coach?

I hope so because, if so, we'll win that game next year 17-6.

I was scared of South Carolina hiring Rich Rod & hoping Manny & Mullen could scheme up a way to stop his offense.

UMCDawg16
12-05-2015, 11:15 PM
I was scared of USC signing Rich Rod because I want Mullen gone and us to hire him.

chef dixon
12-05-2015, 11:16 PM
I hope so because, if so, we'll win that game next year 17-6.

I was scared of South Carolina hiring Rich Rod & hoping Manny & Mullen could scheme up a way to stop his offense.

With their current roster, Rich Rod wasn't going to do jack there next year. Much less in the first couple weeks of the season.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Saw where there may be another sitting coach in play, but it's been kept hushed. Several speculated if it was Boom, they would have announced by now. I think they thought they might get Rich Rod and Boom was the back up plan. We will see.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2015, 11:17 PM
JC Shurburtt
‏@jcshurburtt
South Carolina did not offer Rich Rodriguez its head coaching job. All signs continue to point toward Will Muschamp.

Personally, I trust Byrne's sources over JC Shurburtt's.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:17 PM
I was scared of USC signing Rich Rod because I want Mullen gone and us to hire him.

Wasn't happening unless Rich Rod was without a job.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2015, 11:18 PM
With their current roster, Rich Rod wasn't going to do jack there next year. Much less in the first couple weeks of the season.

IDK, Rich Rod is one of those guys that finds a way to score points. Your probably right, but I'd much rather be facing Muschamp's offense than Rich Rod's

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Saw where there may be another sitting coach in play, but it's been kept hushed. Several speculated if it was Boom, they would have announced by now. I think they thought they might get Rich Rod and Boom was the back up plan. We will see.

Boom may the single most accurate nickname that any human being has ever had.

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 11:21 PM

It's pretty obvious they don't want Muschamp. And I think they are trying to exhaust every option before they have to settle on him. I don't blame them.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:22 PM
If it was me, and they may have done this, but I'm throwing a number a Jeff Brohm that makes it hard to refuse. Brohm has said he has turned down some schools already this year but he is about primed for a move up.

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 11:24 PM

As I said the other day- we're stuck with Dan until we fire him. THAT'S NOT THIS YEAR though.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:24 PM
It's pretty obvious they don't want Muschamp. And I think they are trying to exhaust every option before they have to settle on him. I don't blame them.

I agree. He's not even a back up plan for me.

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 11:28 PM
I agree. He's not even a back up plan for me.

I have a feeling Muschamp probably reached out to them. They're going to end up looking for another new coach in about 2-3 years if I had to guess. We should kick their butt in Starkville next year.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I have a feeling Muschamp probably reached out to them. They're going to end up looking for another new coach in about 2-3 years if I had to guess. We should kick their butt in Starkville next year.

Oh he did and got Spurrier to give a good word and has been working on a possible staff even, supposedly.

ckDOG
12-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Whoever overs a job to Boom over Rich Rod should be swiftly kicked in the nuts then fired.

TUSK
12-05-2015, 11:42 PM
I don't think that either Rich Rod or Boom would be "horrible" hires given the options S Carolina has at this point...

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 11:45 PM
I don't think that either Rich Rod or Boom would be "horrible" hires given the options S Carolina has at this point...

Rich Rod would be fine. Boom couldn't succeed at Florida.

Bucky Dog
12-05-2015, 11:51 PM
The Ninja should fire Rich! How dare he interview at another school. Screw him!!! If he doesn't want to be at Arizona then get hell out. I mean it is screwing up their recruiting and if he wants to go to SC and leave us then I will help him pack his damn bags!!

Signed,

Delusional Arizona Fan

SDDawg
12-05-2015, 11:58 PM
JC Shurburtt
‏@jcshurburtt
South Carolina did not offer Rich Rodriguez its head coaching job. All signs continue to point toward Will Muschamp.

Personally, I trust Byrne's sources over JC Shurburtt's.

No shit. JC is a complete tool...

TUSK
12-06-2015, 12:00 AM

I agree, but the question is, "would Boom be good enough at S Carolina?"...

they are historically one of the worst teams in all of NCAA football... other that Rich Rod, who could they get that's better than Boom???

Blackout
12-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Meanwhile where is Strick?? He should be full on Donald Trump style defending our program, taunting everyone else.

"Miami, Maryland, Georgia, etc tried their best to get our coach but there's nowhere better than Starkville, MS and Mississippi State to be! Every year they try and fail! We believe in Dan Mullen, MSU, and we will win a championship together!"

"Nobody comes after Northern Miss' coach! I dunno maybe they are more recruiting driven than coaching talent?! I dunno it looks that way!"

But no, Strick is the empty suit, the Jeb Bush of AD's.

Homedawg
12-06-2015, 12:05 AM

So you want the guy to replace the guy who handed him a utter ass whipping. And the guy you want was at a top 10 job, at the time!!...yea, makes sense. Me? I'll pass, tks

ckDOG
12-06-2015, 12:06 AM
Meanwhile where is Strick?? He should be full on Donald Trump style defending our program, taunting everyone else.

"Miami, Maryland, Georgia, etc tried their best to get our coach but there's nowhere better than Starkville, MS and Mississippi State to be! Every year they try and fail! We believe in Dan Mullen, MSU, and we will win a championship together!"

"Nobody comes after Northern Miss' coach! I dunno maybe they are more recruiting driven than coaching talent?! I dunno it looks that way!"

There is opportunity for positive spin. We don't play that game unfortunately.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2015, 12:07 AM
The Ninja? I've never understood the love of a very few of our "fans" for that disloyal bas#^*. He DID leave at the first opportunity for a lateral move and after a VERY short tenure, yet Mullen is still here and he gets blasted for not being loyal.

Homedawg
12-06-2015, 12:08 AM

You are so ****ing stupid..... Yea so miami can say, " no stupid ass will james, your coach wanted us, we passed". Congrats though, you are and always will be a moron.

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2015, 12:09 AM
The Ninja? I've never understood the love of a very few of our "fans" for that disloyal bas#^*. He DID leave at the first opportunity for a lateral move and after a VERY short tenure, yet Mullen is still here and he gets blasted for not being loyal.

Uhhh.....Byrne left for what was essentially home. Big ass difference. It'd be like Mullen leaving for Penn State or if The Kang had left for Bama. But you still don't get it and never will. Like Willie James said - you're the worst.

Homedawg
12-06-2015, 12:10 AM

The ninja- internet legend. That is all. He followed lt, anyone was going to be a genius. He said hello, wonderful. Overrated. Big time.

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 12:12 AM
I agree, but the question is, "would Boom be good enough at S Carolina?"...

they are historically one of the worst teams in all of NCAA football... other that Rich Rod, who could they get that's better than Boom???

I would make every guy better than Boom tell me no. Here is the thing they have had all this time and let Babers, Scott Frost, etc get hired first who I would have above Boom. As far as who is left? Jeff Brohm, Schanio, Navy coach, Troy Calhoun, Chip Morris, Blake Anderson, etc. Boom is down the list to me. Still a great DC but I would want to see him go to a lower tier school and prove he can run a program.

Blackout
12-06-2015, 12:14 AM
You are so ****ing stupid..... Yea so miami can say, " no stupid ass will james, your coach wanted us, we passed". Congrats though, you are and always will be a moron.

Control the message, get your brand out there, but no lets just keep being the doormat like you always advocate. No problems here all is well!!!

Maybe Mullen wants out because his administration isn't going all out for the program. Keenun, Strick, and Bracky by the book! Nice and polite by the rules wins the day. Passive finesse football. That's us!

Blackout
12-06-2015, 12:16 AM
There is opportunity for positive spin. We don't play that game unfortunately.

No, we don't.

TUSK
12-06-2015, 12:17 AM
I would make every guy better than Boom tell me no. Here is the thing they have had all this time and let Babers, Scott Frost, etc get hired first who I would have above Boom. As far as who is left? Jeff Brohm, Schanio, Navy coach, Troy Calhoun, Chip Morris, Blake Anderson, etc. Boom is down the list to me. Still a great DC but I would want to see him go to a lower tier school and prove he can run a program.

fair response. Do you think they are interested in Coach Mullen?

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 12:20 AM

You're talking about the same Mullen that has already talked to two schools this year right with no statement other than "eh....we talk about this every year."

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 12:23 AM
So you want the guy to replace the guy who handed him a utter ass whipping. And the guy you want was at a top 10 job, at the time!!...yea, makes sense. Me? I'll pass, tks

So, we should only go after coaches that Dan hasn't defeated? Would you turn down Urban Meyer or Les Miles because Dan beat them at one point too?

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 12:23 AM
fair response. Do you think they are interested in Coach Mullen?

Don't think so but, until proven otherwise, I think the SEC controls that as much as anything. No sitting head coach has left one SEC school for another since Tubbs. They don't want teams poaching head coaches in football. I do know they were very interested in Smart and Richt. They interviewed Willie Taggert but he wasn't getting it and has signed a new deal with USF. Sonny Dykes may come into play since he is definitely looking to get out of Cal. Heck I might consider Jeff Tedford now as well.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Uhhh.....Byrne left for what was essentially home. Big ass difference. It'd be like Mullen leaving for Penn State or if The Kang had left for Bama. But you still don't get it and never will. Like Willie James said - you're the worst.

Actually he went "home" ( he was born in Idaho) to his alma mater's biggest in state rival. Yeah, that just screams loyalty. It fits his MO though. Had Dan gone to Pitt or Jackie gone to Auburn THEN you comparisons between them and Byrne would be spot on.

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Looks like with Rich Rod turning them down they are going to go with Boom at USCe. All new coaches in the SEC east this year are DC with Boom with the only HC experience.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2015, 12:39 AM
You're talking about the same Mullen that has already talked to two schools this year right with no statement other than "eh....we talk about this every year."

Get a subscription to Paul Jones' site and get the real story.

Coach34
12-06-2015, 12:58 AM

lol- whats funny is you believe that

Dawg61
12-06-2015, 01:11 AM

Rich Rod is average. He couldn't succeed at Michigan and he's 6-6 in the Pac12. His window closed already.

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 01:18 AM
Rich Rod is average. He couldn't succeed at Michigan and he's 6-6 in the Pac12. His window closed already.

He is. And I wouldn't fear him at all if he was at South Carolina. But if given the choice between Muschamp and Rich Rod- you take Rich Rod each and every day.

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2015, 01:22 AM
Actually he went "home" ( he was born in Idaho) to his alma mater's biggest in state rival. Yeah, that just screams loyalty. It fits his MO though. Had Dan gone to Pitt or Jackie gone to Auburn THEN you comparisons between them and Byrne would be spot on.

Believe his wife is from AZ (the state). And it's pretty well documented Byrne himself spent a lot of time in AZ. Don't even know why I'm bothering with you. I already know you're incapable of understanding.

Dawg61
12-06-2015, 04:32 AM
He is. And I wouldn't fear him at all if he was at South Carolina. But if given the choice between Muschamp and Rich Rod- you take Rich Rod each and every day.

Florida just won the East with his players. His defense was always top 20 at Florida and still is one year after he left. Muschamp deserves a lot of credit for that East title UF just got. It's all his players starting for them.

JoseBrown
12-06-2015, 10:07 AM
I would make every guy better than Boom tell me no. Here is the thing they have had all this time and let Babers, Scott Frost, etc get hired first who I would have above Boom. As far as who is left? Jeff Brohm, Schanio, Navy coach, Troy Calhoun, Chip Morris, Blake Anderson, Dan Mullen, etc. Boom is down the list to me. Still a great DC but I would want to see him go to a lower tier school and prove he can run a program.

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Florida just won the East with his players. His defense was always top 20 at Florida and still is one year after he left. Muschamp deserves a lot of credit for that East title UF just got. It's all his players starting for them.

It's Florida. They should have 9+ win type of talent, no matter the coach. But it's mainly on the defense. They have a great defense. The offense needs some more talent. So yeah acknowledge what he assembled at Florida but it is what should be recruited there. This is a big reason why I would have trouble hiring him for a HC. He won 10 games in 2 years and the new coach wins 10 his first year. He can coach defense, no doubt about that, his track record as being in charge of a program...that was pretty bad at a school with enormous built in advantages.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2015, 10:32 AM
I'd hire Monkin before I hired Boom.

LibraryDawg
12-06-2015, 10:36 AM
I was told just yesterday by a reliable source that all of the Mullen to a,b,c crap is just that...crap. This person said that Mullen has a publicist that he pays $250000 a year to put his name in these searches so that he'll have leverage in contract negotiations every year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-06-2015, 10:46 AM
hoping Manny & Mullen could scheme up a way to stop his offense.
2011 Gator Bowl (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQBEoYL_9bw)

DownwardDawg
12-06-2015, 11:11 AM
2011 Gator Bowl (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQBEoYL_9bw)

Yeah, not that hard really.

tcdog70
12-06-2015, 11:30 AM
It is Boom.

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah. Said it last night

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 11:50 AM
I was told just yesterday by a reliable source that all of the Mullen to a,b,c crap is just that...crap. This person said that Mullen has a publicist that he pays $250000 a year to put his name in these searches so that he'll have leverage in contract negotiations every year.

That publicist is called his agent.

NCDawg
12-06-2015, 12:11 PM

I think it's quite a few fans that would like Mullen gone, but we don't need Rich Rod to replace him.

NCDawg
12-06-2015, 12:14 PM

If he keeps getting his butt handed to him by Ole Miss, he's not going to have a lot of leverage in his contract negotiations.

Dawg61
12-06-2015, 01:13 PM

Smart business. Hell it got him $4.25 mill per year from us.

Dawg61
12-06-2015, 01:14 PM
It's Florida. They should have 9+ win type of talent, no matter the coach. But it's mainly on the defense. They have a great defense. The offense needs some more talent. So yeah acknowledge what he assembled at Florida but it is what should be recruited there. This is a big reason why I would have trouble hiring him for a HC. He won 10 games in 2 years and the new coach wins 10 his first year. He can coach defense, no doubt about that, his track record as being in charge of a program...that was pretty bad at a school with enormous built in advantages.

True but when in history has Florida been known as having an elite defense?

LibraryDawg
12-06-2015, 02:02 PM
That publicist is called his agent.

Not according to this athletic dept staffer.

smootness
12-06-2015, 02:12 PM

This is objectively dumb.

Pollodawg
12-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Sounds to me like Carolina whiffed on a lot of names in all honesty. Cocks getting reminded where in the broad spectrum of the SEC they fall. People say UGA opening up hurt Carolina, but it didn't really. Smart was always waiting for UGA, and he was their choice from the start. He wouldn't have left Bama for Carolina.

chef dixon
12-06-2015, 03:03 PM
When did his name become "Boom?" Dude is a joke and he sucks.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2015, 03:28 PM
I don't particularly care for Muschamp, but I do think it's a mistake to assume that because someone failed in their first head coaching job, that they can't learn from that & do better next time.

I think us as fans are entirely too quick to to write someone off because they failed in their first job. To me, it still comes downs to the components that you want in a head coach. Does he have energy? Can he recruit? Does he have history of success as a coordinator? etc..... So while I don't personally like Muschamp, he does possess all those attributes, & I am sure he sold South Carolina on the belief that he identified & corrected the issues that prevented him from being successful at Florida.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Believe his wife is from AZ (the state). And it's pretty well documented Byrne himself spent a lot of time in AZ. Don't even know why I'm bothering with you. I already know you're incapable of understanding.

His wife is from Oregon. His only time in Arizona prior to this job was when he went to ASU.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2015, 03:35 PM
lol- whats funny is you believe that

It's been more accurate than what I've read here on Mullen.

Really Clark?
12-06-2015, 03:52 PM
True but when in history has Florida been known as having an elite defense?

Pick an Urban title year. And a couple of years when they didn't win. Top 10 nearly every year in total defense and high rated scoring defenses as well. Just as highly rated as this years defense and any of Boom's. And had elite offense to go with it.

PMDawg
12-06-2015, 03:59 PM

We should quit with raises and add incentives. $50k per SEC win, $200k for egg bowl win, $250k to win West, etc. I made these numbers up just as an example.

Todd4State
12-06-2015, 04:14 PM
We should quit with raises and add incentives. $50k per SEC win, $200k for egg bowl win, $250k to win West, etc. I made these numbers up just as an example.

THIS. We're dumb if we're not already doing it.