PDA

View Full Version : Stanford OL

mic
12-05-2015, 08:04 PM
There is your blueprint ..

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2015, 08:29 PM
What's interesting about Stanford & Notre Dame is that, while they miss on many athlete type recruits, due to grades, O-linemen usually have the highest GPAs on the team other than kickers, & because both of those schools can recruit nationally, they can typically recruit o-linemen better than any other position.

MafiaDawg
12-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Not trying to start a race thing but it seems like the majority of NFL OL are big cerebral white dudes (Stanford, Northwestern, ND, Wisconsin etc). Is it possible that there are a shortage of those in Mississippi?

Leroy Jenkins
12-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Not trying to start a race thing but it seems like the majority of NFL OL are big cerebral white dudes. Is it possible that there are a shortage of those in Mississippi?

The code word is "blue-collar"**

DanDority
12-05-2015, 08:54 PM
I don't see State being able to recruit very intelligent, great player types, don't get me wrong, we will get a few but not enough to make a big difference.

mic
12-05-2015, 08:59 PM
I don't see State being able to recruit very intelligent, great player types, don't get me wrong, we will get a few but not enough to make a big difference.

Academic wise They won't come here for that over Stanford .. But hard nose ****ers with High football IQ that get after it and want to play ball in the sec yes we can..
Just have to go find them ... Not going to find any or many in rual Mississippi...

mic
12-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Stanford has
One 5 star
2 3 stars
2 4 stars
Starting for them..
4 Sr's and 1 soph....

mic
12-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Academic wise They won't come here for that over Stanford .. But hard nose ****ers with High football IQ that get after it and want to play ball in the sec yes we can..
Just have to go find them ... Not going to find any or many in rual Mississippi...

JWS found these guys...

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2015, 09:06 PM
JWS found these guys...

The Kang also had a badass OL coach in Jerry Fremin. Hev can't carry Fremin's water.

Backspin
12-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Stanford's starting center, Graham Shuler, is the son of MSU grad Kim Hill. He played high school ball at Brentwood Academy in Nashville. Dad was an Auburn lineman.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-06-2015, 12:32 AM
What's Jerry Fremin doing these days?

DancingRabbit
12-06-2015, 12:52 AM
The Kang also had a badass OL coach in Jerry Fremin. Hev can't carry Fremin's water.

Jerry was loyal but sloppy in his recruiting techniques. Main reason we got hammered during Jackie's tenure.

mic
12-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Stanford's starting center, Graham Shuler, is the son of MSU grad Kim Hill. He played high school ball at Brentwood Academy in Nashville. Dad was an Auburn lineman.

There you go... I guess Brentwood in Nashville is out of our Recruiting range..

Dawg61
12-06-2015, 01:16 AM

So recruit big private schools in the South? I like it.