PDA

View Full Version : Army-Navy Game

Blackout
12-05-2015, 07:23 PM
This is one of the great college football traditions but has this game been lessened by the Naval dominance in recent years?

Army hasn't won in 14 years.

DawgSaint
12-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Even worse? Gary and Verne will be on the call!

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2015, 07:29 PM
This is one of the great college football traditions but has this game been lessened by the Naval dominance in recent years?

If it was ANY other game I would totally agree with you. That one is timeless and it really doesn't matter who wins it. When Army eventually does win it I hope I'm watching. That will be something to behold.

Leroy Jenkins
12-05-2015, 07:29 PM
The impressive thing to me in these games is the linemen. The weight standards are waived while playing sports.... but when your Sr season is over you have to be within weight standards for your particular service branch before graduation. So basically you have from January until May to drop 50-60-70 lbs or you dont graduate.

BulldogBear
12-05-2015, 07:40 PM
The impressive thing to me in these games is the linemen. The weight standards are waived while playing sports.... but when your Sr season is over you have to be within weight standards for your particular service branch before graduation. So basically you have from January until May to drop 50-60-70 lbs or you dont graduate.

Sweet tea, green beans, and biweekly trips to the sauna

OurState
12-05-2015, 07:55 PM

It's the best tradition.

The alums are seated based on graduating class. The president get worse seats than alums who are over 50 years out.

Yes, Navy has a run, but Army won 7 Ina row before that.