PDA

View Full Version : Position Coaches

mic
12-05-2015, 02:47 PM
I have no clue who the Houston OL coach is ,but was said they are playing 3 frosh OL..
11-1 ... Run the same type of offense we do..
Give this guy a look.... Whoever he is...

HoopsDawg
12-05-2015, 02:49 PM
I have no clue who the Houston OL coach is ,but was said they are playing 3 frosh OL..
11-1 ... Run the same type of offense we do..
Give this guy a look.... Whoever he is...

Don't you know, we are a developmental program. Can't play the young guys until the veterans get whipped for 8 games.

mic
12-05-2015, 03:11 PM
H
Don't you know, we are a developmental program. Can't play the young guys until the veterans get whipped for 8 games.

And apparently we can't recruit any OL from anywhere except Ms and Ala

defiantdog
12-05-2015, 03:19 PM
H

And apparently we can't recruit any OL from anywhere except Ms and Ala

That may be due to the fact that our Offensive Line coach likes to recruit for positions he doesn't coach. Hev was the main recruiter for Dak, A Williams, C Jones, Justin Cox and a few more that aren't OL. Yeah, he's been the main guy for Rankin, Jake Thomas and Lashley (which he may need help with); but he tends to recruit for other positions. Also, he's the main assistant coach recruiting AJ. So, there's that.

mic
12-05-2015, 03:39 PM
That may be due to the fact that our Offensive Line coach likes to recruit for positions he doesn't coach. Hev was the main recruiter for Dak, A Williams, C Jones, Justin Cox and a few more that aren't OL. Yeah, he's been the main guy for Rankin, Jake Thomas and Lashley (which he may need help with); but he tends to recruit for other positions. Also, he's the main assistant coach recruiting AJ. So, there's that.

He is the main recruiter for AJ???. So what .. He is from Starkville.. I'm sure all our staff is all over a
AJ. Hell if we don't get AJ the whole staff should be embarrassed and no one should get the bulk of the credit when we do get him..

My deal is .. Get your ass out of the state, talk to coaches, build relationships which you should already have with some out of state schools... Bust ur ass to get some guys in here that can ****ing play.. Instead of getting all the guys that are project guys that may work out.
Basically do your ****ing job your getting paid 400k for.. We had a kid that we had a good shot at getting for sure in his top 3, and Hev gave less effort to get him than our team showed in the egg bowl.. And that is a FACT...

defiantdog
12-05-2015, 04:01 PM
He is the main recruiter for AJ???. So what .. He is from Starkville.. I'm sure all our staff is all over a
AJ. Hell if we don't get AJ the whole staff should be embarrassed and no one should get the bulk of the credit when we do get him..

My deal is .. Get your ass out of the state, talk to coaches, build relationships which you should already have with some out of state schools... Bust ur ass to get some guys in here that can ****ing play.. Instead of getting all the guys that are project guys that may work out.
Basically do your ****ing job your getting paid 400k for.. We had a kid that we had a good shot at getting for sure in his top 3, and Hev gave less effort to get him than our team showed in the egg bowl.. And that is a FACT...
I completely agree..... I was simply stating that Hev typically recruits positions he doesn't coach. That's why I liked Collins, he tried to recruit everyone.

I seen it dawg
12-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Takes us 2 years to get guys on the field just a little bit.

I seen it dawg
12-05-2015, 04:09 PM

His hands were too small and they acted like they didn't who he was when he came to camp. Terrible.

NCDawg
12-05-2015, 04:17 PM

Which is why we will never get to Atlanta with Mullen and Hevesy.

Intramural All-American
12-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Which is why we will never get to Atlanta with Mullen and Hevesy.

You realize we were a 5 point loss in Tuscaloosa from being there last year, right? I'd say as close as we were last year kinda trumps the disappointment of this year. Some of you need to relax and take a few months off.

mic
12-05-2015, 05:08 PM
His hands were too small and they acted like they didn't who he was when he came to camp. Terrible.

The school on him the most last 4 months is Bama...
And he might not even be in the top 8 on there board...
That's out working our staff..

I seen it dawg
12-05-2015, 05:16 PM
You realize we were a 5 point loss in Tuscaloosa from being there last year, right? I'd say as close as we were last year kinda trumps the disappointment of this year. Some of you need to relax and take a few months off.

But we didn't make it did we.....

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 05:22 PM

Neither has anyone else outside the state of Alabama for 7 of the last 8 years. Does get old those two teams having a stranglehold on Atlanta.

EngineerDawg
12-05-2015, 05:25 PM
We need to hire a bama strength Coach....

shoeless joe
12-05-2015, 05:27 PM

Going by your list, despite dak, it looks like he's the main recruiter for guys within or rite near the golden triangle.

For what it's worth, I was told by a local coach rite after Mullen got here that hev acts like he's doin the kid and the high school a favor when he shows up. He's just there waiting for people to come to him...like he's recruiting off of those 2 NC from Florida.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 05:33 PM
We need to hire a bama strength Coach....

Going to Georgia with Smart more than likely

engie
12-05-2015, 05:35 PM
I don't even have a problem with the method we have used to recruit on the OL-- but if we are doing that, we need to take an extra 2-3 per year at the spot, give them 2 years, and cull all of the ones that aren't at a respectable level at that point. We are letting dead weight stick around far too long and hoping for miracle development far too late in the process. Who they are in year 3 is who they are going to be.

Intramural All-American
12-05-2015, 05:38 PM

So us finishing second in the west after a close defeat to Bama in tuscaloosa is gonna be used as a reason against our chances of making it to Atlanta ever? That makes a ton of sense.....

Intramural All-American
12-05-2015, 05:40 PM
I don't even have a problem with the method we have used to recruit on the OL-- but if we are doing that, we need to take an extra 2-3 per year at the spot, give them 2 years, and cull all of the ones that aren't at a respectable level at that point. We are letting dead weight stick around far too long and hoping for miracle development far too late in the process. Who they are in year 3 is who they are going to be.

Agreed. You win in the SEC with oline and dline. Those should be the top priorities.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2015, 05:41 PM

I agree with your post except we aren't signing guys with any other Power 5 offers. I think Rankin is the only guy on our roster with 2 or more Power 5 offers. You have to sign some talent.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2015, 05:41 PM
The school on him the most last 4 months is Bama...
And he might not even be in the top 8 on there board...
That's out working our staff..

Who are you talking about?

Coach34
12-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Agreed. You win in the SEC with oline and dline. Those should be the top priorities.

and they are saying that's why we will never get there. We dont recruit well enough at those positions

Coach34
12-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Who are you talking about?

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Simpson-75843

#2 rated player in SC

His employer is a State guy and had him really interested. He comes to our camp and the coaches didnt even know who he was- after being warned. Then afterward- we barely kept touch. We were all but guaranteed to be in his top 3 and just blew it

HoopsDawg
12-05-2015, 05:52 PM

#2 rated player in SC

His employer is a State guy and had him really interested. He comes to our camp and the coaches didnt even know who he was- after being warned. Then afterward- we barely kept touch. We were all but guaranteed to be in his top 3 and just blew it

Pathetic! We also blew it with the DE from Juco Paul James, we offered him about a week before he committed to AU. And then there's the Juco OG from MS that has been committed to Minnesota. We finally came in with an offer, but it might be too late. Probably could have had this guy if we started recruiting him 6 months ago.

Things worked out last year with a walk-on guard, a Center who no one wanted, and a LT who started for 4 years so I guess it reinforced Hevesey's piss poor effort on the recruiting trail.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 05:57 PM
and this is why we arent worth a shit on the OL- try to hand them a 4-star guy and we cant even do anything with it

Coursesuper
12-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Anyone who points to a five point loss to the Bammers as good knows nothing about the game. The real reason it's a 5 point loss is our o line got its ass handed to it all day. We got back in it due to some real fine qb play but the game wasn't that close. Yes we ran the ball better last year, but against who? When we played a good defense we were exposed as what we were a poor o line.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Anyone who points to a five point loss to the Bammers as good knows nothing about the game. The real reason it's a 5 point loss is our o line got its ass handed to it all day. We got back in it due to some real fine qb play but the game wasn't that close. Yes we ran the ball better last year, but against who? When we played a good defense we were exposed as what we were a poor o line.

Talk about Atlanta all you want- if we win in Oxford last year we were likely in the NC playoff. And our OL got its ass handed to them and we got blown out.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 06:16 PM

We were the 3rd best rushing offense in the league last year. And that was in conference only games. And 3rd in the league against winning teams and 3rd against Power 5 teams.

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 06:20 PM

Literally every loss the last two years was in large part because our o-line was destroyed. On top of that, you have stats that show a general decline in our o-line production since 2011.

But the biggest indictment is we're going to be sitting around here on this message board 5-10 years from now talking about Dak and what "could have been" had we had a good o-line.

And I think it's going be as bad or worse once Dak leaves and Fitz can't overcome their mistakes as much as Dak did.

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 06:21 PM

#2 rated player in SC

Good enough for Swinney and Saban.....Hevesy says no.

EngineerDawg
12-05-2015, 06:22 PM
We were the 3rd best rushing offense in the league last year. And that was in conference only games. And 3rd in the league against winning teams and 3rd against Power 5 teams.

Big thanks to josh Robinson.... This year we compunded oline problems by having no rushing attack minus dak.

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 06:23 PM
and this is why we arent worth a shit on the OL- try to hand them a 4-star guy and we cant even do anything with it

And even then- Desper was an UA All-American. Jake Thomas was a four star by some services....we see how they've developed.

Their performances and development speak for itself.

Todd4State
12-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Big thanks to josh Robinson.... This year we compunded oline problems by having no rushing attack minus dak.

THIS! See LSU and Kentucky as exhibits A and B.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 06:31 PM

Sure. But the line also executed a lot better last year running. Just go back and look at the holes we had in several games. LSU holds Bama last year to 106 yards rushing. We had big holes our game against LSU. It was not just on Dak & JRob talent. Y'all go back and watch our games from last year. The line was really good.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 06:32 PM
THIS! See LSU and Kentucky as exhibits A and B.

Dude. Go back and watch the LSU game. The line opened up huge holes for Dak and JRob. May have been the best run blocking game by our line in a long time. They were executing extremely well. That was NOT just Dak and JRob.

I seen it dawg
12-05-2015, 06:32 PM
So us finishing second in the west after a close defeat to Bama in tuscaloosa is gonna be used as a reason against our chances of making it to Atlanta ever? That makes a ton of sense.....

You said we were a 5 point loss away...which means we didn't make it right? Which means we didn't make Atlanta right? No Atlanta right? My comment was pretty simple and self explanatory. Don't make more of it than it is.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Dude. Go back and watch the LSU game. The line opened up huge holes for Dak and JRob. May have been the best run blocking game by our line in a long time. They were executing extremely well. That was NOT just Dak and JRob.

Yes- our 2014 OL was good- but let's be honest- it took until those guys were all 5th years players to say we had a good OL- cause in 2013- they were average

And even at that- Bama and Ole Missus handed their ass to them

EngineerDawg
12-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Sure. But the line also executed a lot better last year running. Just go back and look at the holes we had in several games. LSU holds Bama last year to 106 yards rushing. We had big holes our game against LSU. It was not just on Dak & JRob talent. Y'all go back and watch our games from last year. The line was really good.

your right, but jrob also had instances where he extended plays and gained yards after contact

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Yes- our 2014 OL was good- but let's be honest- it took until those guys were all 5th years players to say we had a good OL- cause in 2013- they were average

And even at that- Bama and Ole Missus handed their ass to them

Oh I don't disagree, just a lot of people are forgetting what the line did last year. Dak and JRob were great but there were a lot holes for them to run through last year. The end of the year does taint perception with the a lot of what the offense accomplished last year. But without a good OL we don't get close to our numbers last year. You understand I know.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 06:50 PM
your right, but jrob also had instances where he extended plays and gained yards after contact

Sure. He also hurt us at the end of the season some by not running to proper holes. The worse thing that happened last a might have been that ridiculous run against Kentucky. He was never the same after that. Against Bama and UNM there were times he looked to bounce stuff that he could have gotten 3 yards we needed. Shump out ran JRob against UNM. Shump. There were opportunities that JRob didn't exploit. Anyway. That's all done. And this year. Hopefully the program will make the right move for next year and forward.

BHildreth3
12-05-2015, 06:55 PM
There is a reason Hevesy was never the Oline coach at Florida. He coached TEs.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 07:03 PM
There is a reason Hevesy was never the Oline coach at Florida. He coached TEs.

Yes he was the first 2 years and then he and Addiazo switched.

EngineerDawg
12-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Sure. He also hurt us at the end of the season some by not running to proper holes. The worse thing that happened last a might have been that ridiculous run against Kentucky. He was never the same after that. Against Bama and UNM there were times he looked to bounce stuff that he could have gotten 3 yards we needed. Shump out ran JRob against UNM. Shump. There were opportunities that JRob didn't exploit. Anyway. That's all done. And this year. Hopefully the program will make the right move for next year and forward.

Touche

mic
12-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Schools that win and don't like to settle, make coaching changes to improve and try and get better every year..
EVERYONE knows where we need help.. Let's see what CDM does.. Cause we all know the AD won't have the balls to make him do anything.

Intramural All-American
12-05-2015, 07:25 PM
You said we were a 5 point loss away...which means we didn't make it right? Which means we didn't make Atlanta right? No Atlanta right? My comment was pretty simple and self explanatory. Don't make more of it than it is.

So the fact that we didn't make it to Atlanta last year means we never will? That's just ignorance. My point is that the fact we were so close last year is more of a positive than a negative. How does a second place finish in the west be used as a way to point towards us never having a shot to win the west?

NCDawg
12-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Schools that win and don't like to settle, make coaching changes to improve and try and get better every year..
EVERYONE knows where we need help.. Let's see what CDM does.. Cause we all know the AD won't have the balls to make him do anything.

I would be surprised if CDM does anything. He's probably closer to Hevesy than Croom was to McCorvey.

Coursesuper
12-05-2015, 07:33 PM

What you really need to look at is the way that LSU schemed us or the lack there of. We simply out numbered them. As for the rest minus the Bammers and Unm the defense just plain sucked.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 07:37 PM
What you really need to look at is the way that LSU schemed us or the lack there of. We simply out numbered them. As for the rest minus the Bammers and Unm the defense just plain sucked.

OL vs DL we beat LSU all night. Physicality and execution. I know the LB's were in bad spots but the OL opened a lot of holes, big holes against the DL who held Bama to 106 yards. If you cherry pick each teams worse games you will conclude that 95% of the teams have bad OL. Including Bama who had two worse rushing games than we did.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Yes he was the first 2 years and then he and Addiazo switched.

That's actually worse isn't it?

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 07:43 PM
That's actually worse isn't it?

He was interior lineman and Addiazo was Tackle/TE for the first 2 years. Then the switch. I don't know the reason. Addiazo was being groomed to be a coordinator so maybe that had something to do with it. Hevesy's TE's were really good so he did well with them. Some else may know exactly why they switched. He was OL for Urban at Utah as well.