PDA

View Full Version : Monken's team plays with an edge

chef dixon
12-05-2015, 01:11 PM
I can't lie, when he was hired and after the first 2 years I thought this guy was going to be a Croom type hire. He's got it going on on both sides of the ball. I really can't believe we were able to escape that first game with an 18 point win considering all the balls bouncing their way on top of them being pretty damn good.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 01:20 PM
I can't lie, when he was hired and after the first 2 years I thought this guy was going to be a Croom type hire. He's got it going on on both sides of the ball. I really can't believe we were able to escape that first game with an 18 point win considering all the balls bouncing their way on top of them being pretty damn good.

His OC Chip Lindsey may be about to become the HC at Eastern Kentucky as well. Former Mahlzan assistant.

DownwardDawg
12-05-2015, 01:27 PM
If he does this next year, he'll get rich.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2015, 01:33 PM
If he does this next year, he'll get rich.

He is coaching for his next job and when he leaves USM will be just as bad as they were the year after NC coach left. Monkin brought in 31 transfers. Now if you figure they already had 20 Sr's and 20 Jr's thats 71 guys they are going to lose the next two years. Many of them will be this year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-05-2015, 01:36 PM
D. Bradley just took a big hit from a lineman and then the lineman speared him on the ground. He was down for a while, but up now.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2015, 01:38 PM
He is coaching for his next job and when he leaves USM will be just as bad as they were the year after NC coach left. Monkin brought in 31 transfers. Now if you figure they already had 20 Sr's and 20 Jr's thats 71 guys they are going to lose the next two years. Many of them will be this year.

Wow. Talk about an unsustainable quick fix. He better get out NOW.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Wow. Talk about an unsustainable quick fix. He better get out NOW.

I have not looked but some of those transfer could be 2nd year but he is doing what he had to do.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 01:54 PM
I still think that Brohm is going to be a great HC. His pedigree is really good. His offenses are great. If I was So Car I would be talking to him.