PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see that great "Journalism"..

CadaverDawg
12-05-2015, 11:23 AM
By Brandon Speck last night?

He was covering the Starkville game and tweeted this out...

@brandonspeck: "A.J. Brown has 10 catches for 117 yards and a TD. At the half. If he stays in Mississippi, how does he say no to Chad Kelly/Shea Patterson?"

I get so tired of "journalists" or whatever they call themselves, being fan boys. Do your job and STFU. That goes for MSU ones too...but we don't have any that act like high school girls following One Direction, so...

Some pretty funny responses though....

https://twitter.com/brandonspeck/status/672964515911307264

Taog Redloh
12-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Yes, that journalism is shitty. Of course, it gets weird when you get into the details. Is his twitter for personal or work use? If it's for work, is he an opinion writer? Etc etc etc

Either way, his message is true. Ole Miss appears very attractive for any WR in Ole Miss at the moment, high flying offense, big-time WRs on the team getting attention, and a 5 star QB committed. That's not to say MSU isn't attractive or anything.

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Piss on that, Cadaver. We need to fight fire with fire. Time for us to have some got damn cheerleaders in the media. Conceding the media narrative to the BearSharks has to end.

mic
12-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Who is Brandon Speck???. Nothing more than a POS journalist who works in this state... Of course his tweets and opinions and columns suck...
they have about as much cred as my stool....

And this shit will continue until or Athletic Department says enough is enough.. And does something about it..

Taog Redloh
12-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Piss on that, Cadaver. We need to fight fire with fire. Time for us to have some got damn cheerleaders in the media. Conceding the media narrative to the BearSharks has to end.
Agree, it's sort of like when there is a left-lane closure on the interstate. Either you can get into the right lane 2 miles before the closure, and stop/go for the next hour, or you can acknowledge reality and understand that not all the drivers are as noble as you, and that traffic is going to get backed up regardless, therefore you should get in the left lane and merge 200' before the closure.

mic
12-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Btw .. I heard Matt quit the broadcast for the Mississippi high school gig he has done the past several years because he had a promised comittment with the parade or something in Tupelo last night and couldn't do the Starkville game.. So was going to flip and do the Oxford game tonight .. Apparently this pissed off UM in some way and they said he couldn't do it...
So he basically said guck off I'm not doing any of it..
Or something like that..

Like I said ... That place... And those people ...

PassInterference
12-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Spec is an Ole Miss fan who was a writer for some really small time print thing. He was known for inventing Ole Miss-leaning rumors and asking his interviewees to comment on it.

BeastMan
12-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Spec is the guy who asked the made up rumor to Chris Jones at the UAA game in hopes of stirring up fake recruiting rumors. I called him on it and he went on to say he would never do that because Jones was "his friend". I knew right there he was a clown show. Teenagers you cover aren't you're friends. He also challenged Bo Bounds to fight on Twitter. He referred to it as a cage rattling. He lashed out at Bo when Bo said Metcalf wasn't a top-10 MS prospect. Speck thought he was #1. Bo ended up being a lot closer to right than speck. In short, Brandon Speck is a fan boy who pretends to be real media. He is incapable of being objective in his profession. I'll never understand why a jinco wallet chain guy identifies with the Grove culture.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Spec is the guy who asked the made up rumor to Chris Jones at the UAA game in hopes of stirring up fake recruiting rumors. I called him on it and he went on to say he would never do that because Jones was "his friend". I knew right there he was a clown show. Teenagers you cover aren't you're friends. He also challenged Bo Bounds to fight on Twitter. He referred to it as a cage rattling. He lashed out at Bo when Bo said Metcalf wasn't a top-10 MS prospect. Speck thought he was #1. Bo ended up being a lot closer to right than speck. In short, Brandon Speck is a fan boy who pretends to be real media. He is incapable of being objective in his profession. I'll never understand why a jinco wallet chain guy identifies with the Grove culture.

From now on We will refer to the first week of December as "The Week of the Beast". Excellent post, you're having yourself a week

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2015, 01:28 PM
By Brandon Speck last night?

He was covering the Starkville game and tweeted this out...

@brandonspeck: "A.J. Brown has 10 catches for 117 yards and a TD. At the half. If he stays in Mississippi, how does he say no to Chad Kelly/Shea Patterson?"

I get so tired of "journalists" or whatever they call themselves, being fan boys. Do your job and STFU. That goes for MSU ones too...but we don't have any that act like high school girls following One Direction, so...

Some pretty funny responses though....

https://twitter.com/brandonspeck/status/672964515911307264
I know Brandon. He is a great guy but there are two things you get with him. He is a Rebel. He likes to stir the pot.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2015, 01:33 PM
I know Brandon. He is a great guy but there are two things you get with him. He is a Rebel. He likes to stir the pot.

Then he's not a "great guy" in my book.

John Farley
12-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Saying Brandon is a journalist is a lot like saying Aunt Esther is pretty. (Google it young folks)

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2015, 01:42 PM
[/B]

You don't have any Rebel friends?

Blackout
12-05-2015, 01:44 PM
You don't have any Rebel friends?

You're the worst

Jack Lambert
12-05-2015, 01:49 PM
[/B]

I am friends with a few but they are dicks when it comes to Ole Miss so I stay off the subject.

Last Sunday my 12 year old son brought home a friend who is a Ole Miss band wagon rider and he started talking smack. I looked at him and said leave. My son came back and asked why I was being mean and I told him no one comes in our house and talk smack about State. It was a bad time to do it.

Valyrian Steel
12-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Btw .. I heard Matt quit the broadcast for the Mississippi high school gig he has done the past several years because he had a promised comittment with the parade or something in Tupelo last night and couldn't do the Starkville game.. So was going to flip and do the Oxford game tonight .. Apparently this pissed off UM in some way and they said he couldn't do it...
So he basically said guck off I'm not doing any of it..
Or something like that..

Like I said ... That place... And those people ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVWWkoYUsAA_pb_.jpg:large

PassInterference
12-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Matt is a professional. He would have done a good job. I'd have no problem with Richard Cross calling a Statkville game and Wyatt ought to be allowed to call an Oxford game.

SDDawg
12-05-2015, 02:13 PM
I don't know how anyone can have a Rebel friend and talk sports. I have a couple of extended family members that are Rebels and I avoid them like the plague during football season. Life is too short...

BulldogBear
12-05-2015, 02:16 PM
I don't know how anyone can have a Rebel friend and talk sports. I have a couple of extended family members that are Rebels and I avoid them like the plague during football season. Life is too short...

I know two. Just two. Good fellas and they aren't casual fans. They loooovvee Ole Miss but just aren't the typical douchebag. But just two.

Op4isabitch
12-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Guys, we have to organize! Let's combat the confederates P.R campaign.

We have to just coordinate. I've said it for a long time and people blow it off. Everything about M.S.U is better than Ole Miss, we know it and they know it. The problem is, we don't do a good job of letting recruits know it!

I put a lot of that blame on Stricklin and co.

BeastMan
12-05-2015, 02:35 PM

I don't doubt anything you said. He may be a great guy. I could care less if he's a Rebel or that he stirs pot. I have tons of rebels friends and acquaintances that do the same with me daily. Literally. My issue is that he uses his profession as a means to negatively impact against MSU. As a member of official print media, he shouldn't interject his fandom to the point that he does. If he likes it or not his profession should dictate better from him. I hold him to a higher standard as far as profession vs fandom than a mortgage broker, lawyer, insurance guy, etc... Those guys are allowed to be fans. The first thing my mortgage broker did when we met was give me shit about the rivalry but I thought it was funny. So what? Just get me a great rate. I even give fan site guys (I'm not even talking about bloggers) a lot of leeway too. I think Steve R or Chuck R have room for some random in their capacity as "media". A print journalist does not while working. When he went down to Florida and sited an Internet rumor, and let me note this wasn't even a highly discussed board rumor; it was out of thin air, he became a clown. Before people try to run him down as non important, he's s credentialed NBA beat writer. I compare it to a cop that sells drugs on the side. The cop should get harsher penalties because he's held to a higher standard. That's how I feel about print media and their fandoms. One of my favorite parts of the Rebel Grove Podcast is talking about all the cheering in the press box. "Cheering on the job" has gotten awful.

Dawg61
12-05-2015, 02:38 PM
He is a Rebel. He likes to stir the pot.

He sounds just like Goat

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2015, 02:48 PM
You're the worst

Back at you! LOL. It's sports. I ain't life.

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2015, 03:02 PM

Yep, got a couple in my family. We always have a family reunion at Thanksgiving they attend. Needless to say, it gets interesting. One of them had a hissy this year when one of our side called Freeze a hypocrite.

I know two. Just two. Good fellas and they aren't casual fans. They loooovvee Ole Miss but just aren't the typical douchebag. But just two.

I can think of one I know who isn't the typical douche. One. Uno. 1.

SDDawg
12-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Bottom line on Speck: he is trying to influence AJ Brown to Ole Miss on his Twitter account that he uses to promote his job. It is black and white as Beast stated: you shouldn't do it. I don't see any State fans as journalists doing this, not a single one.

mic
12-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Bottom line on Speck: he is trying to influence AJ Brown to Ole Miss on his Twitter account that he uses to promote his job. It is black and white as Beast stated: you shouldn't do it. I don't see any State fans as journalists doing this, not a single one.

exactly...
And our athletic dept always sits back and let's this bs happen year in year out ..

I seen it dawg
12-05-2015, 04:05 PM

**** that guy

IMissJack
12-05-2015, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Op4isabitch;466104]Guys, we have to organize! Let's combat the confederates P.R campaign.

We have to just coordinate. I've said it for a long time and people blow it off. Everything about M.S.U is better than Ole Miss, we know it and they know it. The problem is, we don't do a good job of letting recruits know it!

This did not start with Stricklin, but I don't see him doing much about it either.

Jarius
12-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Brandon Speck is a cock sucker.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Brandon Speck is a cock sucker.

+1

lastmajordog
12-05-2015, 06:12 PM
I still don't understand why MSU can't start a real "journalism" school. If Shep is the best UNM can do....please...surely MSU can do better. Sid Salter, is already in the MSU administration.... could head it up and give it validity. It's time for MSU to "adapt or die". JMO

Rayburn8
12-05-2015, 06:16 PM
I still don't understand why MSU can't start a real "journalism" school. If Shep is the best UNM can do....please...surely MSU can do better. Sid Salter, is already in the MSU administration.... could head it up and give it validity. It's time for MSU to "adapt or die". JMO

Our journalism degree is a comm degree. Those in it just call it journalism because the classes are the same as those at other schools with journalism degrees.

Out of curiosity, do any of actually look at the school paper online ever. You talk about wanting journalist then go support the journalist that are in the school now.

ETA: I need to quit posting on my phone. That was bad.

lastmajordog
12-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Agreed...