PDA

View Full Version : Curious.....are we recruiting any of the Starkville

Thick
12-04-2015, 09:55 PM
offensive linemen and the sophomore RB Swanigan?

Thick
12-04-2015, 09:56 PM
I know K. Jones right?

Bothrops
12-04-2015, 10:06 PM
We will look pretty pathetic if we let AJ Brown slip by.

SDDawg
12-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Not aware of any outside of Jones, wasn't familiar with Swanigan until tonight.

SDDawg
12-04-2015, 10:08 PM

Who has let him slip by?

msstate7
12-04-2015, 10:10 PM

It'd be like losing Freddie milons again

Blackout
12-04-2015, 10:17 PM
It'd be like losing Freddie milons again

Worse

msstate7
12-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Worse

Milons was pretty bad. I still cringe when I see that sec championship replay

Homedawg
12-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Freddie was a stud. And crazy too.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Swanigan is getting his 1st extended carries. Their starting RB Avery Brown is injured.

SDDawg
12-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Swanigan is getting his 1st extended carries. Their starting RB Avery Brown is injured.

I saw that. Looked him and didn't see any reference to him in the recruiting databases... will be after tonight though.

PlattsburgDawg
12-04-2015, 10:27 PM
offensive linemen and the sophomore RB Swanigan?

I am very familiar with the Starkville program(taught and coached there) and I'm glad to see Swanigan get his chance. Starkville has a RB on the 9th grade team (Rodrigues Clark)that is the best RB prospect I have ever seen in person. A former college coach(who coached at Starkville awhile) was talking about this kid and he told me that he was a for sure SEC running back as long as he had the grades and stayed out of trouble. Also Robbie Faulk can vouch for me on this kid too. State needs to be all over him.

PlattsburgDawg
12-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Swanigan has had fumblitis in the past. That is why he hasn't played a ton. Looks like he has put it behind him. Happy for the kid. By the way I would be completely shocked if AJ isn't playing at Davis Wade next year.

SDDawg
12-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Speaking of fumbles, what was up with Nero in the early game today? Didn't he fumble 2 or 3 times? Not a good look in a big game...

msstate7
12-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Speaking of fumbles, what was up with Nero in the early game today? Didn't he fumble 2 or 3 times? Not a good look in a big game...

Just doing what Bulldogs do at vhs**

Bothrops
12-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I saw that. Looked him and didn't see any reference to him in the recruiting databases... will be after tonight though.

Not surprising. The recruiting services only know about half of what goes on in this state, prospect wise.

Sacrifice
12-04-2015, 10:50 PM
We have got to close on AJ Brown. He's one of the most college ready receivers I've ever seen come out of this state.

defiantdog
12-04-2015, 10:54 PM
We have got to close on AJ Brown. He's one of the most college ready receivers I've ever seen come out of this state.

Cohen is recruiting him as well

Sacrifice
12-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Cohen is recruiting him as well

Good, whatever we have to do to get him, we need to do it.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2015, 11:32 PM
I feel good about AJ

msstate7
12-04-2015, 11:34 PM
I feel good about AJ

Is he an mlb draft risk?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Is he an mlb draft risk?

He's going to play football.

Homedawg
12-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Is he an mlb draft risk?

No. He's a draft and follow type of guy.

defiantdog
12-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Is he an mlb draft risk?

He's going to play football first, but I see him messing around with baseball kind of like Bear and Staley did with basketball. His recruitment is going to be similar to Fletcher Adams. He'll start opening up next week, and we'll really see his progression of where he wants to go. He's definitely made a point that he isn't going to deal with recruiting until after his season is over. I see him staying home though. These hometown guys have a point to prove. Kind of like Tyson Carter with basketball.

Homedawg
12-05-2015, 12:16 AM
He's going to play football first, but I see him messing around with baseball kind of like Bear and Staley did with basketball. His recruitment is going to be similar to Fletcher Adams. He'll start opening up next week, and we'll really see his progression of where he wants to go. He's definitely made a point that he isn't going to deal with recruiting until after his season is over. I see him staying home though. These hometown guys have a point to prove. Kind of like Tyson Carter with basketball.

He's never going to play baseball past high school. He's not golson at ole miss.

bulldawg28
12-05-2015, 12:50 AM
He's never going to play baseball past high school. He's not golson at ole miss.

He's an All American in baseball too

Madisonmd
12-05-2015, 08:15 AM
He has struggled of late in baseball. Publicly, he is telling Starkville kids that Bama and OM lead. Maybe that is a front?? I don't know? Better write his name in pencil right now. Initially, his dad wanted him to play baseball. More money earlier. Seems to be a theme.

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2015, 08:22 AM
He has struggled of late in baseball. Publicly, he is telling Starkville kids that Bama and OM lead. Maybe that is a front?? I don't know? Better write his name in pencil right now. Initially, his dad wanted him to play baseball. More money earlier. Seems to be a theme.

He just wants to feel the love. Wrap him in maroon and white.

msstate7
12-05-2015, 08:33 AM

My om friends that keep up with recruiting don't feel they have a chance

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2015, 08:45 AM
My om friends that keep up with recruiting don't feel they have a chance

They are right. His family wants him here, he wants to be here, but just wants to enjoy the recruiting experience. Even colleges just assume he is coming here, that's why he has been saying he isn't commited to MSU, because most other schools have moved on because they know he is true maroon.

Homedawg
12-05-2015, 10:12 AM
He's an All American in baseball too

Have you seen him play? Yes he made a showcase game. A baseball all American he's not. He won't make all-state w the numbers he puts up. He's a big strong projectable player. He's not super skilled at the plate at this time.