PDA

View Full Version : Virginia hires Bronco Mendenhall from BYU...

CadaverDawg
12-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Hell of a hire for them.

Should make our BYU game a little more winnable next year.

Really Clark?
12-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Nice and see how all the rumors and speculations didn't involve him, he was very under the radar. That's how it's done AD's. Let the click baiters think you are dining one thing while you are going in another direction.

BulldogBear
12-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Hell of a hire for them.

Should make our BYU game a little more winnable next year.

Mullen to BooYoo*****

Ya heard it here first

CadaverDawg
12-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Mullen to BooYoo*****

Ya heard it here first

BYU is definitely more Scientologist-friendly....plus, Mullen wants the **** out of Starkville so bad.**

Seriously though, I'm still bitter about the screw job we got by the refs vs BYU whatever year that was...so I hope they hire a bum replacement and never recover. I hear Croom is available.

maroonmania
12-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Mullen to BooYoo*****

Ya heard it here first

I can see the headline now, "MORMONS HIRE SCIENTOLOGIST!"******

Quaoarsking
12-04-2015, 05:29 PM
I bet BYU hires Sarkisian. He played there and needs to be in a completely-for-real alcohol-free environment.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2015, 05:30 PM
I bet BYU hires Sarkisian. He played there and needs to be in a completely-for-real alcohol-free environment.

Interesting thought. Makes sense, but is it too soon?

BulldogBear
12-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Interesting thought. Makes sense, but is it too soon?

I would think so, but you never know when it's a boy coming home.

runwildjerious
12-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Didn't BYU and Memphis get in a fight during/after their bowl game last year? With both of them hiring those coaches maybe the Virginia-Virginia Tech will make me stay awake next year. Good job college football.

Really Clark?
12-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Troy Calhoun would be a good get for them. (Who I thought would have been a good one for VA as well, supposedly talked with them). If Matt Wells wasn't at his school, Utah State, he might be good. Call anyway.

ETA. Forgot maybe the Navy coach (not spelling his name). Runs an unique offense that would be great for an independent team to embrace. Although not exactly an air raid attack. Ha

BeardoMSU
12-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Mullen to BooYoo*****

Ya heard it here first

No way a Scientologist can reconcile with no alcohol and magic underwear****

Anyways....Dan doesn't need magic underwear....he needs magic bed sheets....the kind that self clean after you shit them during your annual November slide***********

BulldogBear
12-04-2015, 06:21 PM
No way a Scientologist can reconcile with no alcohol and magic underwear****

Anyways....Dan doesn't need magic underwear....he needs magic bed sheets....the kind that self clean after you shit them during your annual November slide***********

#MULLGASMO

BeardoMSU
12-04-2015, 06:25 PM
#MULLGASMO

Its the year Two thousand ****ing fifteen. We gots self drying jackets and shit, right? Lets direct some of that technology to self cleaning bed sheets****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ73TLa_aL4

Bothrops
12-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Believe it or not, we could win 8 games again next year.

Quaoarsking
12-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Also forgot Mike Leach went to BYU. I think he's building something special at Wazzu and would be an extremely awkward fit at an uptight Mormon school, so I doubt either side is particularly interested, but his offense and his success are both what BYU wants.

I seen it dawg
12-04-2015, 09:12 PM
None of those guys.

SDDawg
12-04-2015, 09:21 PM

Nailed it. I had this as a toss-up game due to tough road environment and coaching, unless they make a helluva hire I think this one goes in the win column. I'm tracking 7 wins at present with at least one more toss-up game. Would be a good year to overachieve.

I seen it dawg
12-04-2015, 09:24 PM
They are going to make a good hire

Really Clark?
12-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Heard the DC at Stanford may get a look. And he is a LDS

Coach34
12-04-2015, 09:28 PM

No we cant. Our DL and CB's will be pedestrian- with a green QB and average RB play again. I hope we win 6- @Kentucky will be more in doubt than at any other time in the Mullen-era

BeardoMSU
12-04-2015, 09:30 PM
No we cant. Our DL and CB's will be pedestrian- with a green QB and average RB play again. I hope we win 6- @Kentucky will be more in doubt than at any other time in the Mullen-era

After this week of posts, I bet you'd like nothing better..

Madisonmd
12-04-2015, 09:32 PM

DL definitely is a concern

Coach34
12-04-2015, 09:38 PM
DL definitely is a concern

after CB imo- we just lost a 2nd round pick in Redmond plus where Calhoun gets drafted- and are going to replace them with Jiles and Cleveland????? CB in 15 will be like Safety in 14- not very good.

Quaoarsking
12-04-2015, 09:50 PM

Samford, South Alabama, UMass obviously.
Kentucky, South Carolina, BYU all very likely.
Arkansas, Auburn, Texas A&M all at home.
@Ole Miss will be tough, but they'll take a step back and our players will be hungry.

And you honestly think we can't win 8?

Quaoarsking
12-04-2015, 09:51 PM
They are going to make a good hire

Is this your cryptic way of saying they'll hire your mancrush Whittingham? He played there, although it would be pretty assy of him to leave Utah for their archrival.

Bothrops
12-04-2015, 10:00 PM

Well I was concerned about the DL this year. How much worse can we be at CB with the way we play our secondary? Our safeties will be more experienced and LB will be a strong suit. I think Fletcher Adams will help us on the DL. Certain guys will have to grow up fast, that's nothing unusual for us. The sched sets up better and there's no excuse not to start the season 2-0.

Coach34
12-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Samford, South Alabama, UMass obviously.
Kentucky, South Carolina, BYU all very likely.
Arkansas, Auburn, Texas A&M all at home.
@Ole Miss will be tough, but they'll take a step back and our players will be hungry.

And you honestly think we can't win 8?

Not even close

We'll be the underdog at Kentucky...they only lose 2 starters on offense
A&M returns something like 16 starters
Auburn returns their entire OL and backfield- plus some good defenders
UPig started 1 Sr on defense
BYU always has veteran players

Fighting for 6-6

Bothrops
12-04-2015, 10:15 PM
We will suck bad if we go 6-6 with our home schedule, plus trips to Kentucky- (we out personnel them and they may not even have a qb) and UMASS.

Coach34
12-04-2015, 10:25 PM
We will suck bad if we go 6-6 with our home schedule, plus trips to Kentucky- (we out personnel them and they may not even have a qb) and UMASS.

2016 will see a more veteran SEC. This was our chance this year because the SEC was young- hell, even BYU returns 14 starters next year

We have automatic losses to Bama, LSU, A&M, and Ole Missus
Toss-ups at best with Auburn and UPig at home. Both teams return 15+ starters
BYU on the road will be tough as will Kentucky and their 15 starters returning

6-6 is our ceiling

Quaoarsking
12-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Not even close

We'll be the underdog at Kentucky...they only lose 2 starters on offense
A&M returns something like 16 starters
Auburn returns their entire OL and backfield- plus some good defenders
UPig started 1 Sr on defense
BYU always has veteran players

Fighting for 6-6

Kentucky is 12-24 over the last 3 years with an NFL or near-NFL caliber QB. Stoops sucks and there's no reason to think he'll be any better without said QB.

BYU hasn't finished ranked since 2009 and rarely beats the few P5 teams they play. Yeah, they beat up on San Jose State and Wagner but they can't even beat that godawful Mizzou team we creamed in a monsoon. BYU was incredibly lucky to beat 5-7 Nebraska and a down Boise on freak Hail Marys, or else they'd be in their 4th consecutive 5-loss season. Mix in a coaching change, and there's no reason to think they'll beat a middle-tier SEC team, even with the home/altitude advantage.

I get that you're trying to drive a narrative here (maybe so you can jump back on the Mullen train when he pulls a "miracle" 8-4 season next year?), but come on, we are much better than Kentucky and BYU at almost every position.

ETA: For 3 consecutive years, A&M has been a top 10 early on only to fall back to unranked by November. Something is seriously wrong out there with all the QB drama, and there's no reason to think anything we'll change. Difference is we get them in November next year, and at home. I like our chances. Not a guaranteed win by any stretch, but obviously not a guaranteed loss as you say.

Noxdog
12-04-2015, 10:39 PM
2016 will see a more veteran SEC. This was our chance this year because the SEC was young- hell, even BYU returns 14 starters next year

6-6 is our ceiling

Bitterness is not an enduring quality. How much did you lose betting on the lsu game?? Must have been a chunk.

Good gosh c34, you and that person who shall remain nameless have gone way off the deep end.

Thing is, time will tell. I see 7 wins at a minimum but i'm not a elite poster, so who knows?

HSVDawg
12-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Pretty sure there's no chance in hell of that happening.

defiantdog
12-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Bitterness is not an enduring quality. How much did you lose betting on the lsu game?? Must have been a chunk.

Good gosh c34, you and that person who shall remain nameless have gone way off the deep end.

Thing is, time will tell. I see 7 wins at a minimum but i'm not a elite poster, so who knows?

I like your optimism, but we are inexperienced at QB; unsure at RB, OL, DB and DL; yet we're solid at WR, LB, and safeties. We have some major holes to fill with a depressing schedule. It's difficult to state we are going to be better than 6-6 when we have so many new faces hitting the field next year.

I seen it dawg
12-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Is this your cryptic way of saying they'll hire your mancrush Whittingham? He played there, although it would be pretty assy of him to leave Utah for their archrival.

You're good at stats.

Bothrops
12-04-2015, 10:56 PM
I like your optimism, but we are inexperienced at QB; unsure at RB, OL, DB and DL; yet we're solid at WR, LB, and safeties. We have some major holes to fill with a depressing schedule. It's difficult to state we are going to be better than 6-6 when we have so many new faces hitting the field next year.

We will be better at RB next year, unless Mullen wants us to lose.

Quaoarsking
12-04-2015, 10:59 PM

Yes, but predicting our record should be done by analyzing our schedule, not by looking at the roster alone. We have 4 gimmes, 2 clearly favored, and 3 swing games at home. We also have the Egg Bowl against a weakened Ole Miss team and I'm sure our players will be up for that one.

Barring severe injuries or something, 6-6 would be a huge failure on this schedule.

SDDawg
12-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Floor is 5 or 6, ceiling is 9 with this group. I'm calling 7 wins and the bowl streak continues. '17 is going to be a monster though...

Coach34
12-04-2015, 11:12 PM
We have 4 gimmes, 2 clearly favored, and 3 swing games at home. We also have the Egg Bowl against a weakened Ole Miss team and I'm sure our players will be up for that one.

Barring severe injuries or something, 6-6 would be a huge failure on this schedule.

4 gimmes? 2 Clearly favored? Kentucky has recruited better the last couple years- we will in no way be "clearly favored" at their stadium next year. Nor at BYU. Hell, SC has 14 starters returning as well. With the right coach- that game could be uncomfortable early.

We will be bad at CB with the DL, QB, RB, and TE being huge questions...anything better than 6-6 would be gravy

SDDawg
12-04-2015, 11:28 PM
4 gimmes? 2 Clearly favored? Kentucky has recruited better the last couple years- we will in no way be "clearly favored" at their stadium next year. Nor at BYU. Hell, SC has 14 starters returning as well. With the right coach- that game could be uncomfortable early.

We will be bad at CB with the DL, QB, RB being huge questions...anything better than 6-6 would be gravy

We are Bama to Kentucky now. They'll have to prove they can beat us, until then they can't. They may not have a QB and they laid down against Louisville. Stoops last season coming up...

Agreed that better than 6-6 will be a good thing and I think we get to 7, a lucky bounce or two could get us to 8+. We gotta get you pumped up again C34. You're kind of a downer recently man.

Coach34
12-04-2015, 11:38 PM
We are Bama to Kentucky now. They'll have to prove they can beat us, until then they can't. They may not have a QB and they laid down against Louisville. Stoops last season coming up...

Agreed that better than 6-6 will be a good thing and I think we get to 7, a lucky bounce or two could get us to 8+. We gotta get you pumped up again C34. You're kind of a downer recently man.

I just see a schedule full of teams that have alot of starters returning- the SEC is going to be alot better in 2016. But we wont- we will be worse

mic
12-05-2015, 12:45 AM

He has beaten Saban.....

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2015, 01:00 AM
I just see a schedule full of teams that have alot of starters returning- the SEC is going to be alot better in 2016. But we wont- we will be worse

I think we need to see how Fitz looks before we throw in the towel.

msstate7
12-05-2015, 01:17 AM
I think we need to see how Fitz looks before we throw in the towel.

And durr, smitherman, and stamps at CB.

And tre brown, fletcher Adams, and hopefully Simmons at DT.

While we'll be losing bear, we'll add AJ, mixon, and Thomas as playmakers on offense.

People are saying rankin is turning the corner now. If he can lock down LT, we should be better on the oline.

We're gonna be absolutely stacked at LB... I really hope he give Gerri green at look at de bc of the depth here.

Gotta believe the safety position is gonna go from the weakest link to a strength before too much longer... Good, young talent there.

I think it's way too early to say one way or the other how good we'll be next season.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2015, 02:03 AM
And durr, smitherman, and stamps at CB.

And tre brown, fletcher Adams, and hopefully Simmons at DT.

While we'll be losing bear, we'll add AJ, mixon, and Thomas as playmakers on offense.

People are saying rankin is turning the corner now. If he can lock down LT, we should be better on the oline.

We're gonna be absolutely stacked at LB... I really hope he give Gerri green at look at de bc of the depth here.

Gotta believe the safety position is gonna go from the weakest link to a strength before too much longer... Good, young talent there.

I think it's way too early to say one way or the other how good we'll be next season.

Good post

I think we'll win 7 or 8 as well. I think most of the negativity in this thread is either agenda based or because we know more about our team than other.

First off, on paper, we return tons of starters as well.

Arkansas may return starters but they lose Allen, Collins, and Henry and they are the only three starters that matter.

Auburn still has QB issues and lose Lawson and probably Muschamp

SC may return starters, but those starters suck and they lose Pharoh Cooper. They won't be able to score.

Kentucky loses Towles, but they should be better next year. However they've got to be MUCH BETTER to beat us and I doubt that.

We'll lose to Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss for certain with A&M somewhere between a loss and toss up. One thing about A&M is that I feel like we will run the ball significantly better next year, which should help against them.

Beaver
12-05-2015, 02:55 AM
I just see a schedule full of teams that have alot of starters returning

EliteDawgs hated on anybody that tried to play the 'returning starter' card when talking about MSU last off-season. You're starting to sound like Barrett Sallee...

Coach34
12-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Good post

I think we'll win 7 or 8 as well. I think most of the negativity in this thread is either agenda based or because we know more about our team than other.

Arkansas may return starters but they lose Allen, Collins, and Henry and they are the only three starters that matter.

SC may return starters, but those starters suck and they lose Pharoh Cooper. They won't be able to score.

Kentucky loses Towles, but they should be better next year. However they've got to be MUCH BETTER to beat us and I doubt that.

We'll lose to Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss for certain with A&M somewhere between a loss and toss up. One thing about A&M is that I feel like we will run the ball significantly better next year, which should help against them.

It's not based on agenda- just truth. I dont see us being a good football team next year. And I can assure you the media will pick us last again- with the teams finishing ahead of us returning more starters. A&M was young this past year- we arent beating them. We dont ever defend them worth a shit- and Chavis is making them better on D.

Why is Kentucky losing Towles- he is a junior???? Road for games for 1st year QB's are usually tough- winning there wont be easy

UPig has Drew Morgan and Dominique Reed back- but their fate will be decided at TB. They will still be good on the OL- and if the RB takes the pressure off their new QB- they will be fine on offense. Returning 9-10 starters on D is huge and you know it.

msstate7
12-05-2015, 09:38 AM
It's not based on agenda- just truth. I dont see us being a good football team next year. And I can assure you the media will pick us last again- with the teams finishing ahead of us returning more starters. A&M was young this past year- we arent beating them. We dont ever defend them worth a shit- and Chavis is making them better on D.

Why is Kentucky losing Towles- he is a junior???? Road for games for 1st year QB's are usually tough- winning there wont be easy

UPig has Drew Morgan and Dominique Reed back- but their fate will be decided at TB. They will still be good on the OL- and if the RB takes the pressure off their new QB- they will be fine on offense. Returning 9-10 starters on D is huge and you know it.

Towles is transferring.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 09:38 AM
EliteDawgs hated on anybody that tried to play the 'returning starter' card when talking about MSU last off-season. You're starting to sound like Barrett Sallee...

Difference being we played so many guys in 2014- and they were counting people like Lewis as a starter- when Ross had clearly surpassed him the last 2 games of 2013. And State fans were correct about Ross. And Chris Jones. And Redmond. Etc

Quaoarsking
12-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Since Mark Stoops arrived at Kentucky, they are 3-9 in SEC home games, including 5 losses to first year QBs.

2013:
Lost to Florida (first year QB Tyler Murphy)
Lost to Alabama (veteran QB AJ McCarron)
Lost to Missouri (first year QB Maty Mauk)
Lost to Tennessee (first year QB Josh Dobbs)

2014:
Beat Vanderbilt (first year QB Wade Freebeck)
Beat South Carolina (veteran QB Dylan Thompson)
Lost to Mississippi State (veteran QB Dak Prescott)
Lost to Georgia (veteran QB Hutson Mason)
You could debate first-year/veteran status on both Thompson and Mason. They were both seniors who'd played some in the past.

2015:
Lost to Florida (first year QB Will Grier)
Beat Missouri (veteran QB Maty Mauk)
Lost to Auburn (first year QB Sean White)
Lost to Tennessee (veteran QB Josh Dobbs)

Horrible coach, horrible program. And in 2016 Kentucky won't have future NFLer (or not, but he's often said to be) Patrick Towles running the offense.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Good post

LSU, Auburn, Arkansas and A&M will all be about the same. Ole Miss will be down.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 10:26 AM
I think LSU has a chance to underperform even more next year with their coaching and AD turmoil. Auburn is unstable right now as well and doesn't have a QB. Those schools are a big question mark when you have instability like that.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 10:47 AM
I think LSU has a chance to underperform even more next year with their coaching and AD turmoil. Auburn is unstable right now as well and doesn't have a QB. Those schools are a big question mark when you have instability like that.

Those players on the field dont give a shit about the AD and President. LSU returns a helluva lot of good players and they will be 9-3 or better next year. They return-what- 17 starters next year? That could drop a little with a Jr or two leaving- but they also played some very talented Freshmen- plus have a Top 5 recruiting class coming in for depth

Auburn was good enough at QB to win at A&M. They return their entire OL, QB's, and RB's. Their question is can they get better at WR? If they do- they will be pretty damn good.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Those players on the field dont give a shit about the AD and President. LSU returns a helluva lot of good players and they will be 9-3 or better next year. They return-what- 17 starters next year? That could drop a little with a Jr or two leaving- but they also played some very talented Freshmen- plus have a Top 5 recruiting class coming in for depth

Auburn was good enough at QB to win at A&M. They return their entire OL, QB's, and RB's. Their question is can they get better at WR? If they do- they will be pretty damn good.

Come on coach. You've seen the lame duck coach play out too many times like I have. They have just as good of a chance to tank (relative to their level) as they do to stay the same as this year. If anybody does have a chance to keep it from happening it's Miles because he is very much a players coach. But historically you know that the opposite happens more times than not. And a number of times it really tanks. You have to factor that in.

Auburn beat A & M during the middle of their QB troubles. Murray played a piss poor game with 3 picks and Allen didn't play. Auburn is about to go through another DC as well.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Miles will be good enough to win the West next year- he is far from lame duck. They have stupid amount of talent. They will be fine.

We get a new DC damn near every year- yet everybody thinks we will be fine. Expect Auburn to make a good hire.

defiantdog
12-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Towles was actually benched some down the stretch. Stoops is trying everything possible to win, but he's actually making his team worse. Towles will be a 5th year Senior next year. He has one year to learn a new offense from a new program. If someone that talented is willing to jump ship (especially since he grew up a diehard Kentucky fan), you know something is up.

defiantdog
12-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Miles will be good enough to win the West next year- he is far from lame duck. They have stupid amount of talent. They will be fine.

We get a new DC damn near every year- yet everybody thinks we will be fine. Expect Auburn to make a good hire.

Doesn't really matter who Auburn hires..... Their defense is full of Renardo Sidneys.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Towles was actually benched some down the stretch. Stoops is trying everything possible to win, but he's actually making his team worse. Towles will be a 5th year Senior next year. He has one year to learn a new offense from a new program. If someone that talented is willing to jump ship (especially since he grew up a diehard Kentucky fan), you know something is up.

That- or he was told they were going to go with high 4-star Drew Barker as their QB in 2016.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Both of those teams very well may be fine. And LSU has stupid talent every year, that hasn't changed or helped the last few years either. But they have problems you are glossing over that could very well limit their success. Auburn brought back what 16-18 starters from their 2011 team that went 8-5? Now I would be shocked if Miles or Mahlzan loses their team like Chizick, but they still could underperform because of that instability.

I'm not saying this to prove we will win 8 games next year. I think we will be looking at 6-7 wins. But I can still see LSU and Auburn having problems next year.

engie
12-05-2015, 11:41 AM
6 win ceiling.... I've officially heard it all now.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 11:46 AM
That- or he was told they were going to go with high 4-star Drew Barker as their QB in 2016.

I think Stoops is one the verge of being in trouble if he doesn't put together a winning season next year. They start their season next year at home against USM and then go to Florida. If he starts 0-2 or has a shaky outing against USM then gets hammered by Florida they may start folding again. They have started well for him but have ended flat every year. But next year they start harder. They could have 3-4 loses before we play them.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 12:05 PM
I think Stoops is one the verge of being in trouble if he doesn't put together a winning season next year. They start their season next year at home against USM and then go to Florida. If he starts 0-2 or has a shaky outing against USM then gets hammered by Florida they may start folding again. They have started well for him but have ended flat every year. But next year they start harder. They could have 3-4 loses before we play them.

Should be interesting- his good recruiting class from 2014 will have more of an impact in 2016. They are also top 25 right now in recruiting for 2016- with their 3 highest rated recruits being OL guys. May get some help from those guys. I just dont see them being the pushover they have been.

Really Clark?
12-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Should be interesting- his good recruiting class from 2014 will have more of an impact in 2016. They are also top 25 right now in recruiting for 2016- with their 3 highest rated recruits being OL guys. May get some help from those guys. I just dont see them being the pushover they have been.

Yep. And if it's going to happen for Stoops it has to start next year. He has some talent. I will say I haven't been impressed with the 5 star marshmallow Elam. He needs to step up as a rising Jr.

ETA. Barker should take a big step forward next year but good lord 6-22 against Louisville was bad. I didn't realize he had such a bad game. Just saw the updates as they let Louisville back into the game.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2015, 01:00 PM

6-6 is our ceiling

L.......O........L

The agenda is strong

Coach34
12-05-2015, 01:12 PM
L.......O........L

The agenda is strong

I dont get these types of posts- agenda this, agenda that. I just dont think we are going to be very good next year. The talent we have lost the last 2 seasons with what it is being replaced with is not as good.

It's stupid to call this an agenda- because if it is- it's a dumb one. I'm setting the bar very low for Mullen. So if he is able to surpass my 6-6 prediction- which many of you think he will do with ease- then does it not make Mullen look better???? An "agenda" would be more likely to state Mullen should be 8-4 again next year no matter what- and then hammer him when we indeed go 6-6

basedog
12-05-2015, 01:24 PM
I dont get these types of posts- agenda this, agenda that. I just dont think we are going to be very good next year. The talent we have lost the last 2 seasons with what it is being replaced with is not as good.

It's stupid to call this an agenda- because if it is- it's a dumb one. I'm setting the bar very low for Mullen. So if he is able to surpass my 6-6 prediction- which many of you think he will do with ease- then does it not make Mullen look better???? An "agenda" would be more likely to state Mullen should be 8-4 again next year no matter what- and then hammer him when we indeed go 6-6

Big time agenda, for from dumb. Kentucky is in trouble with Stoops, they are not coached up, had a decent QB that they messed up just like Lsu. Kentucky will be lucky to win 6. They were terrible this year with a overrated underachieving so call stars. They will be bad especially on defense. Stoops isn't a good HC.

We have a good looking group of young talent coming back next year. To early to say we want be very good as we have a long way till next year to predict.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2015, 01:29 PM

But they always do.

engie
12-05-2015, 01:36 PM

So, 6-6 is the "expectation" now? Seems like just a few posts ago it was the "ceiling". So which is it? Seems like backpedaling...

This whole agenda being pushed is ridiculous. Situation is simple yet everyone is trying to over-complicate it. And everyone here knows the extent to which I was on the front end questioning things with Mullen.

Coach34
12-05-2015, 01:43 PM
It's no ******* agenda- I simply dont think we will be very good next year. We will be a 6-6 team fighting for a bowl game imo

Quaoarsking
12-05-2015, 02:05 PM
My theory is that you realized you overbit on Mullen and you're setting a low bar for him on purpose so that when he does go 8-4 you can "Oh, I guess he started listening to me and is good after all. Disregard what I said earlier about him sucking because he did a hell of a job with that awful team that should've been 5-7."

Coach34
12-05-2015, 02:12 PM
shitty theory.

I had Mullen pegged to a T except for being "100% gone". So looks like he is here to stay another year or more. Whether he stays or goes- I dont see a football team that's very good next year. If he exceeds 6-6- then great. He better close strong in recruiting these 2 months or 6-8 is all we can ever hope to expect for awhile.

PMDawg
12-05-2015, 04:22 PM
BYU is definitely more Scientologist-friendly....plus, Mullen wants the **** out of Starkville so bad.**

Seriously though, I'm still bitter about the screw job we got by the refs vs BYU whatever year that was...so I hope they hire a bum replacement and never recover. I hear Croom is available.

They are my least favorite team to this day. 2001. The game got moved for 9/11. It was total bullshit and I root against them each and every week. I hope they go the way of UAB.