PDA

View Full Version : I just walked into the Vaught..

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2015, 11:19 AM
to watch the state championship games. I haven't been here in over 20 years, since before they bowled in the south end zone. This place is a dump under the stands. It's like what Davis Wade was 15 or so years ago. Inside its ok I guess. It's just strange seeing a end zone being the focus of a stadium.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Oh, they have started their north end zone construction. It's kind of funny that every expansion they have ever done was a direct and immediate response to one of ours. Hopefully they got a stadium architect involved this time. If they had one for their last one, well, he wasn't very good.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2015, 11:25 AM
I can't figure why go so big in the end zones. Seems like you would want the side lines towering over the field.

maroonmania
12-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Just curious, are ALL their skyboxes in the end zone? Agree that its ridiculous if all of your premium seating has the worst viewing in the stadium.

EAVdog
12-04-2015, 11:28 AM
They have a National firm, AECOM doing that expansion. They also just did the South Endzone. With the new Pavillion they have to be a little strapped for cash for exterior and concourse upgrades. You can't sell concourse space. And yes Davis Wade is tons nicer than the Vaught. And MSU is looking to address the East Side concourse in the near future.

RC3
12-04-2015, 11:30 AM
a family of bears that went to the egg bowl this year, told me that they were overly impressed with our stadium and atmosphere, stating how much better it is than their own. no other ole miss fan would ever admit that, but the two are not even close imo

BrunswickDawg
12-04-2015, 11:30 AM
They have a National firm, AECOM doing that expansion. They also just did the South Endzone. With the new Pavillion they have to be a little strapped for cash for exterior and concourse upgrades. You can't sell concourse space. And yes Davis Wade is tons nicer than the Vaught. And MSU is looking to address the East Side concourse in the near future.

I had one of the worst working experiences in 20 years of projects having to deal with AECOM. I felt like they did everything on the cheap.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Just curious, are ALL their skyboxes in the end zone? Agree that its ridiculous if all of your premium seating has the worst viewing in the stadium.

That's what it looks like. There might be a few in the press box.

mic
12-04-2015, 11:31 AM
We need to fix the west side press box .. ASAP....
That's a huge eye sore and very outdated..

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Our east side is way better than what they have. The rest of ours is in a different league all together.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2015, 11:33 AM
We need to fix the west side press box .. ASAP....
That's a huge eye sore and very outdated..

I agree but it's not an eyesore compared to this.

EAVdog
12-04-2015, 11:35 AM
I had one of the worst working experiences in 20 years of projects having to deal with AECOM. I felt like they did everything on the cheap.

My beef with a lot of the Kansas City sports experts is that they spend a tremendous amount of time and energy getting the work. When they get it they have who knows back at the office putting the documents together. Could be just a bunch of interns like anybody else.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2015, 11:50 AM
We have a much better stadium & setup than they do. Once we expand to 70,000 in 5-10 years & bowl in the South Endzone to look just like the North Endzone, Davis Wade will be one of the top college football stadiums in America. We already have a top 15 atmosphere, but, once we bowl the thing all the way in, it will be ridiculous.

Vaught Hemingway was designed & expanded in a way that gives Ole Miss less options that Davis Wade.

BulldogBear
12-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Went to the Ole Miss-Vandy game this year. Something that irritated me was that, at least where we sat, the concession stand lines basically share the same narrow space with the walkway coming off the ramp. It's a big freakin' ridiculous traffic jam.

Political Hack
12-04-2015, 11:56 AM
We have a much better stadium & setup than they do. Once we expand to 70,000 in 5-10 years & bowl in the South Endzone to look just like the North Endzone, Davis Wade will be one of the top college football stadiums in America. We already have a top 15 atmosphere, but, once we bowl the thing all the way in, it will be ridiculous.

Vaught Hemingway was designed & expanded in a way that gives Ole Miss less options that Davis Wade.

Their famed tailgate area isn't even next to the stadium. The junction isn't muddy and it's right next to the stadium. The two venues aren't close. I can appreciate the grove for what it is, but for the complete game day experience I much prefer Starkville.

We don't have a brass band and a square though. I'll give them that.

mic
12-04-2015, 11:57 AM
I agree but it's not an eyesore compared to this.

Oh I agree...