PDA

View Full Version : 2018 QB Harrison Cheatwood

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Hevesy is at the school I'm the DB coach for. Victory Christian is the name. Really small 1A but we had our best season in recent history last year and it was due mostly because of Harrison. He is 6'2(really pushing 6'3) 190lbs sophomore. He throw for just over 2000 and rushed for just under 1000. We run a spread attack very similar to States. But anyway Hevesy is meeting with him this morning. I'm extremely proud of the young man and glad State is apparently recruiting him but I feel our recruiting efforts at this point in the season should be focused on this years class. Am I right?

BiscuitEater
12-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Actually, no .. and am glad that our coaching staff is starting to identify talent early and start the process. Way better to get on those kids early.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Is Miss State the first school?

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Is Miss State the first school?

The first big school yes. South Alabama has been all over him the past 2 months.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2015, 09:58 AM
No school just focuses on 1 class. If you do that you won't be employed long.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Chicks chicka bow wow. Debbie Does Dinsmore, staring Harrison Cheatwood. Chicka chicka bow wow

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 10:24 AM
No school just focuses on 1 class. If you do that you won't be employed long.

You have a point. I guess that's why I'm stuck at the high school level of coaching!

Irondawg
12-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Since everyone says Hev is a jerk, I'm curious what you're hearing about his visit

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Since everyone says Hev is a jerk, I'm curious what you're hearing about his visit

I'll let you know! I'm not there but as soon as I find out, I'll inform everyone. I believe he was going to be there at 9.

DancingRabbit
12-04-2015, 10:55 AM
I'll let you know! I'm not there but as soon as I find out, I'll inform everyone. I believe he was going to be there at 9.

Be careful. Fans of some schools will contact your employer and try to screw up your life.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Be careful. Fans of some schools will contact your employer and try to screw up your life.

Schools or School?

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Schools or School?

Haha probably "school".

maroonmania
12-04-2015, 11:33 AM

Well, for what its worth, Hev seems to have reasonable success when he recruits guys that know he won't be their position coach.

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Well I didn't get much info. But they said it was pretty brief. He gave him some info on camps. Said he told them a little about the program and what they are looking for as far as prospects. They said he was nice though. That's all the info I received.

BulldogDX55
12-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Hevesy is at the school I'm the DB coach for. Victory Christian is the name. Really small 1A but we had our best season in recent history last year and it was due mostly because of Harrison. He is 6'2(really pushing 6'3) 190lbs sophomore. He throw for just over 2000 and rushed for just under 1000. We run a spread attack very similar to States. But anyway Hevesy is meeting with him this morning. I'm extremely proud of the young man and glad State is apparently recruiting him but I feel our recruiting efforts at this point in the season should be focused on this years class. Am I right?

Is this the VCA in Columbus? My fiancee went to VCA. Her question is: When is he transferring to Columbus or New Hope? He won't get a scholarship playing 8 man football.

Edit: Different VCA. Please disregard.

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Is this the VCA in Columbus? My fiancee went to VCA. Her question is: When is he transferring to Columbus or New Hope? He won't get a scholarship playing 8 man football.

Yeah it's in Pell City AL. Right off I20, about 30 miles from both Birmingham and Oxford.

TStationDawg
12-04-2015, 01:47 PM

HA! I was thinking the same thing! Back when I knew them, they played FLAG!!!! IN. HIGH. SCHOOL!

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Here is his 2015 highlights. His measurables weren't updated from his freshmen year. He needs to work on mechanics which has been our focus with him but he has a future I feel.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4341194/highlights/315634391/v2

dawg27
12-04-2015, 05:51 PM
The first big school yes. South Alabama has been all over him the past 2 months.

why do we always go after people that no other school wants,not saying this kid is not good but every kid we it seems we are going up against cusa teams schools like that.

defiantdog
12-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Yeah it's in Pell City AL. Right off I20, about 30 miles from both Birmingham and Oxford.

You're confusing them with Oxford..... a lot of people on here think you're talking about OM. I can't wait to see what he does in camps. It's difficult to rate a qb in 1A football because of the competition. But if he keeps getting invites to camps in such, I'm pretty sure he'll make a name for himself.

Edit: Oxford, AL is so much better than Oxford, MS..... it's closer to Dega.

notsofarawaydawg
12-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Columbus Christian was previously known as Immanuel Christian School for many many year.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Kid can certainly scramble....only a sophmore, I'll keep up with him next season.

pdawg10msu
12-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Kid can certainly scramble....only a sophmore, I'll keep up with him next season.
He was only sacked 4 times all season. And our line is about like States! Also only had 5 interceptions.

smootness
12-04-2015, 11:48 PM
why do we always go after people that no other school wants,not saying this kid is not good but every kid we it seems we are going up against cusa teams schools like that.

It's a 2018 kid...

notsofarawaydawg
12-05-2015, 01:35 AM
Better move NOW to a more competitive program and schedule or he'll just be sitting on the sideline at some JUCO if he's lucky.

bulldawg28
12-05-2015, 07:35 AM
He'll need to impress during camps

pdawg10msu
12-05-2015, 10:27 AM
He'll need to impress during camps

Yea. He is going to the Manning Passing Academy. And we are working on finding a few other camps for him to attend as well.

defiantdog
12-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Better move NOW to a more competitive program and schedule or he'll just be sitting on the sideline at some JUCO if he's lucky.

This was the case 10 years ago, but with all of the different types of camps that go on during the summer, he should not have a problem proving his ability and getting his name out.

pdawg10msu
12-05-2015, 12:16 PM
We don't want him to attend a bigger school. We want him to stay! He is probably the best athlete this school has seen in awhile! He is heck of a basketball and baseball player as well.

notsofarawaydawg
12-05-2015, 09:19 PM
My point is that a kid went to a local Columbus "Christian" school years ago and averaged 30+ points in basketball. NO ONE would look at him, not even a JUCO, because he never played against any real talent. Many times I've seen the same type thing happen over and over. Based on that fact, he needs to play against championship level talent, the big boys, or he will not prove he can play with the big SEC boys. Not saying anything bad about the kid but it's been proven over and over. We sometimes need to push our bias aside and look at the big picture when it comes to a kid's future in football and not how many games he's going to win for the team I coach.

pdawg10msu
12-05-2015, 11:34 PM
My point is that a kid went to a local Columbus "Christian" school years ago and averaged 30+ points in basketball. NO ONE would look at him, not even a JUCO, because he never played against any real talent. Many times I've seen the same type thing happen over and over. Based on that fact, he needs to play against championship level talent, the big boys, or he will not prove he can play with the big SEC boys. Not saying anything bad about the kid but it's been proven over and over. We sometimes need to push our bias aside and look at the big picture when it comes to a kid's future in football and not how many games he's going to win for the team I coach.
I believe is there enough camps out there that he can make a name for himself either way.

pdawg10msu
12-06-2015, 08:49 PM
I was trying to show his video to a friend so I just typed his name in, in Google and low and behold they just started talking about this kid on the Texas a&m board. So I would say there is a snooper around here! Lol

pdawg10msu
12-08-2015, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure if it's by chance or what but Dan Werner(have no idea who he is) of Northern Miss is coming to talk to Harrison Thursday!

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure if it's by chance or what but Dan Werner(have no idea who he is) of Northern Miss is coming to talk to Harrison Thursday!

OM qb coach

pdawg10msu
12-08-2015, 10:44 PM
OM qb coach
Makes since.