PDA

View Full Version : This is what I don't understand.....

coastratdog
12-04-2015, 07:31 AM
What is the national media's near obsession with what Dan Mullen does? We are a mid tier SEC team. CDM sightings have been posted on Facebook by numerous sports media. Yahoo news picks up a couple of articles from FWTCBT (which has to rank as the lowest level of journalistic integrity). Then there is Scoop C34 with all of his hush-hush connections. Really T4S! You sound like a two year old at Wal-Mart who can't have a toy. Finenaum or anyone else doesn't have a clue what CDM has done or what he wants. So if everyone would just STFU this will be yesterday's news and the coaches can go about recruiting without You giving fodder to the enemy. Sorry I left WMD out. Don't want him feeling neglected.

Blackout
12-04-2015, 07:37 AM
if Bielema or Freeze were putting their hat in every ring they would be reporting on that too

dawgoneyall
12-04-2015, 07:48 AM
This is why Mullen needs to clarify his position. Absolutely and completely.

If he is not seeking a job elsewhere he needs to state that position without any question to his meaning.

If he is seeking other positions then he need to be fired. Immediately and hire someone committed to MSU.

BS on what he has done for MSU. I am only interested in what he can do for MSU.

He is either committed to MSU or he isn't. This stuff isn't complicated.

coastratdog
12-04-2015, 07:58 AM
That's my whole point. No one has an ounce of proof that he nor his agent put his name out there. Not VT, MD, or VA. We only know that he talked with Miami. They made contact, he didn't. You got pics or recordings then post them. So all this speculation is for great internet reading and that's it.

ILOATHEBears
12-04-2015, 08:03 AM
The problem is cdm is so arrogant that to him he loves having his name floated however now after 7 years of this he should begin to think "hey no one wants to hire me" and then stfu about all this and be happy here. He is just a completely different person that we will never figure out. He will not get another job because he has been a front runner for every job in the past yet he still here and that is a red flag to the hiring AD. He shit in his bed now he has to sleep in it. Hope he can get the fire back he had in year 1-3.

I seen it dawg
12-04-2015, 08:09 AM
What is the national media's near obsession with what Dan Mullen does? We are a mid tier SEC team. CDM sightings have been posted on Facebook by numerous sports media. Yahoo news picks up a couple of articles from FWTCBT (which has to rank as the lowest level of journalistic integrity). Then there is Scoop C34 with all of his hush-hush connections. Really T4S! You sound like a two year old at Wal-Mart who can't have a toy. Finenaum or anyone else doesn't have a clue what CDM has done or what he wants. So if everyone would just STFU this will be yesterday's news and the coaches can go about recruiting without You giving fodder to the enemy. Sorry I left WMD out. Don't want him feeling neglected.

Then why start a new thread about it....you could have chimed in on the 400 other ones instead of starting something new and adding absolutely nothing. Go back to bed. Otherwise stop being an asshole.

Coach34
12-04-2015, 08:18 AM
if Bielema or Freeze were putting their hat in every ring they would be reporting on that too

THIS. It's that simple

Coach34
12-04-2015, 08:19 AM
That's my whole point. No one has an ounce of proof that he nor his agent put his name out there. Not VT, MD, or VA. We only know that he talked with Miami. They made contact, he didn't. You got pics or recordings then post them. So all this speculation is for great internet reading and that's it.

There's alot more proof that he and his agent did than there is some crazy media conspiracy to connect Dan Mullen's name to every open job. You do realize how stupid that sounds right?

Really Clark?
12-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Miami has been looking and making inquires for a while. In contacting Dan's agent it became evident that Dan would listen to teams this year more so than the pass. He didn't throw his hat in the ring for VT or Maryland. VT made an inquiry I'm told and nothing came of that. Maryland may not even have inquired. At least nobody with a ton of pull. The offer and acceptance deal was a fabrication from someone with no clue. Heard one source say that there may have been someone (possibly someone from Plank) through out a hypothetical to the agent he called Dan and he said no thanks. Either way he was not shopping himself to them either. Georgia and Miami yes. And all this speculation about looking at all these schools boils down to he was serious about Miami but their search committee and boosters talked way way too much during the process and his name got out there from this one job. 90% of all these speculations originated from the Miami interests not Dan's people activately seeking every job. Once Georgia became open that was a conversation but only because of his relationship with their AD but Smart was their guy all along AND we have all heard time and time again of the Tubby rule still in effect. Heard Strick was ticked with Miami people for not keeping things tighter and yes he knew about this long before any of us. Some probably have different stories from different sides. May be the real story or agenda driven. Who knows but I do believe the him shopping himself to every school is not accurate. But Miami was real and if Richt hadn't been let go he very well may be in Miami. He finished second Im told from their side and that can probably be vouched for. And from someone who is actually on the opposite side of this issue with me. At point Richt was not going to accept that job and Mullen and Schiano were in a dead heat. Mullen was the guy if Richt didn't accept and Richt decided later to change and accept it. Anyway, Miami people and boosters were talking a lot during this process and most of the speculations came from that. Not every job in the country. Sonny Dykes has those covered. And looks like lost out on them and may be signing a new deal with Cal.

basedog
12-04-2015, 08:46 AM
THIS. It's that simple

Why do you and Blackout keep saying this? Y'all know why Freeze's name isn't on any list. Also Fat Boy already had his name to coaching list a few years back, he hasn't done much at Arkansas compared to Mullen.
Poor examples.

I only hope we can all step back now and talk about recruiting and the Bowl game. Btw, I hate all the stuff Mullen and his agent created but I ain't in the believe he doesn't care and isn't motivated. Mullen has helped our program, for him to get a better job like C34 has said and I agreed, he must start winning a few big games or upset folks.

Wonder who we play and where we will be bowling? 9-4 sounds pretty good at this point plus I would lov to see Dak have another Arkansas type game!

Coach34
12-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Dan was talking to Georgia long before it officially came open. He was talking to them at the end of October

Coach34
12-04-2015, 08:50 AM
That's the crux of it- if Mullen wants a blue-blood job- he's got to start beating some blue-bloods in big games

Really Clark?
12-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Dan was talking to Georgia long before it officially came open. He was talking to them at the end of October

I've heard Oct. I've heard middle of Nov. But Georgia was Smart all the way. I shouldn't have said became open in the sense of Richt actually being let go. Open in the sense that this was what McGarity was probably going to do at the end of the year. Calls were made before the actual public announcement. If Smart had balked with initial conversations, then the forcing out of Richt might have been harder. Mullen may, I'm not sure, have been a fallback plan. Speculation on my part. And they would have had to get league approval which might have been hard. Some boosters wanted Herman but he is really wanting Texas. McGarity and Dan's relationship had a lot to do with them talking. But Miami was the only real threat. Especially with the Tubby rule.

bulldawg28
12-04-2015, 09:01 AM

Right.......There is no damn way any source you have could prove this. Come on man. How much more attention do you need? Even if it's true some stuff you don't say. I know plenty of shit that happens behind the scenes I don't say it because it's not everyone's business because they have no idea and they wouldn't understand. Your source should cut you off or he's arrogant and loves attention like yourself. Again, some sir should remain silent.

Coach34
12-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Right.......There is no damn way any source you have could prove this. Come on man. How much more attention do you need? Even if it's true some stuff you don't say. I know plenty of shit that happens behind the scenes I don't say it because it's not everyone's business because they have no idea and they wouldn't understand. Your source should cut you off or he's arrogant and loves attention like yourself. Again, some sir should remain silent.

a Georgia guy said it- didn't come from our side. Turns out he was right

BrunswickDawg
12-04-2015, 09:16 AM

I'll actually defend C34 on that - I have no doubt that McGarity talked to Dan about possible interest that early. UGA fans were broiling after the Bama and UT fiascos. And as everyone on here preaches every time this comes up - "A good AD has a list of interested candidates in his drawer". Probably same for Miami, and possibly both USC's.

I see nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't classify it as "shopping" or "wants out". It is flat out common with most coaches.

bulldawg28
12-04-2015, 09:24 AM
a Georgia guy said it- didn't come from our side. Turns out he was right

So why wouldn't you tell the truth that Georgia reached out to Dan Mullen? He didn't call them. That's the shit that annoys me. If Dan Mullen wanted to leave MSU he can do it any year he wants because universities will offer him in a heartbeat. He's declined offers and if he really wanted to leave he'd be gone. His resume speaks for itself. If he really wanted the Georgia job he would have gotten it. If he wanted the Miami job he would have gotten it again. If he edged to go to Maryland he would have gone. All this BS he hasn't beaten Bama is your agenda. Who the hell is beating Bama on the regular? Nobody but Hugh Freeze so go cheer for him since that's all your interested in. Hugh Freeze is a hell of a coach. I give the man credit

Coach34
12-04-2015, 09:27 AM
I've never said Mullen called Georgia. Hell, I don't blame him for wanting the job. It's a great one

I blame him and his agent for all the other "whoring" around with schools like Maryland. They can deny that until eternity- there was too much smoke for them to not have any dealings there

tcdog70
12-04-2015, 09:45 AM
That's the crux of it- if Mullen wants a blue-blood job- he's got to start beating some blue-bloods in big games

ok you finally said something that is 100% true

TrapGame
12-04-2015, 10:07 AM
FWIW, Rosebowl said he spoke to the Maryland scout.com crew and they said Mullen was asked if he was interested in the Maryland job and he said no. That was it.

I seen it dawg
12-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Well Rosebowl said it....well then case closed

basedog
12-04-2015, 10:15 AM
I'll actually defend C34 on that - I have no doubt that McGarity talked to Dan about possible interest that early. UGA fans were broiling after the Bama and UT fiascos. And as everyone on here preaches every time this comes up - "A good AD has a list of interested candidates in his drawer". Probably same for Miami, and possibly both USC's.

I see nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't classify it as "shopping" or "wants out". It is flat out common with most coaches.

ANY good AD that knows another coach should stay somewhat in touch, I see nothing wrong in this.

As for as Miami job, the other rumor is Miami contacted SS who said ok in talking with Mullen but to keep it hush hush, as we know true or not true it wasn't. Also the interview was a telephone call made by Miami, not sure how interested Mullen really was mostly because of money, Miami made the correct hire in fact better than Georgia with Smart, I think they could have done better IF they are a top 5 school to attract Coaches.

BrunswickDawg
12-04-2015, 10:36 AM
ANY good AD that knows another coach should stay somewhat in touch, I see nothing wrong in this.

As for as Miami job, the other rumor is Miami contacted SS who said ok in talking with Mullen but to keep it hush hush, as we know true or not true it wasn't. Also the interview was a telephone call made by Miami, not sure how interested Mullen really was mostly because of money, Miami made the correct hire in fact better than Georgia with Smart, I think they could have done better IF they are a top 5 school to attract Coaches.
I think Richt to Miami may be the hire of the year. I don't think he is burned out on coaching - I think he was tired of the atmosphere at UGA. You can see that in his statement to his team yesterday. UGA fans are some of the most desperate in the country, and have a major inferiority complex about NC's. And it is pervasive. I know some rabid, rabies infected UGA fans, who you would have thought had suffered through a Croom-like era by the way they talk. Smart may be Saban 2.0, or he could be Ray Goff 2.0.

Coach34
12-04-2015, 10:40 AM

Exactly- they say what they are told to alot to keep the accesss they have

Coach34
12-04-2015, 10:44 AM
I think Richt to Miami may be the hire of the year. I don't think he is burned out on coaching - I think he was tired of the atmosphere at UGA. You can see that in his statement to his team yesterday. UGA fans are some of the most desperate in the country, and have a major inferiority complex about NC's. And it is pervasive. I know some rabid, rabies infected UGA fans, who you would have thought had suffered through a Croom-like era by the way they talk. Smart may be Saban 2.0, or he could be Ray Goff 2.0.

Richt is a damn good coach. I'm just leary of how he is going to fit in with "Da U" lifestyle

Really Clark?
12-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Exactly- they say what they are told to alot to keep the accesss they have

Coach we don't always disagree and are pretty adult about it when we do, but the Maryland deal was pure fabrication. In the sense that he in any way, shape or form solicited that job. At best they called his agent, maybe with an hypothetical offer shaky info on that, and he turned it down. And some have said that they didn't even call. But it wasn't initiated on Mullen's side and it was turned down immediately. As you always have said, you just bring the info you are given and the sources are not always right. No doubt anybody, but the actual people involved, are probably wrong or just have partial truth. But I stand that the bulk of all this stuff came from Miami people talking too much and word gets to the Internet rumor mill and maybe worse back to our own people who start inferring things from rumors they are hearing. Georgia, I'm like you, you have to take that call. But that's the only 2 schools that he acted interested in. As far as I can tell, he was not soliciting VT, Maryland, or USCe.

coastratdog
12-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Richt is a damn good coach. I'm just leary of how he is going to fit in with "Da U" lifestyle

Maybe that is why they had an interest in a coach that will win "the right way". I think Richt and Mullen fit that bill. The U doesn't have to go thru some of the teams to reach the ACC championship game that an SEC team has to. Over the past 10 years only FSU had been a consistent winning program. Win win for both school and coach.

coastratdog
12-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Now I'm going to click a few ads.

missouridawg
12-04-2015, 11:11 AM
There's alot more proof that he and his agent did than there is some crazy media conspiracy to connect Dan Mullen's name to every open job. You do realize how stupid that sounds right?

The clowns at football scoop do this every year. It's 100% reasonable in my opinion.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Y'all need to go get a subscription to Paul Jones' site. Reliable info is a good thing.

yjnkdawg
12-04-2015, 01:21 PM
The clowns at football scoop do this every year. It's 100% reasonable in my opinion.

And they are OM grads........................ so you know they would not want to do anything to hurt our football program, but only "hep" us ******

Aquadawg
12-04-2015, 04:35 PM

the list of schools that has been stated to have expressed interest in CDM is extensive and impressive. It is a long list and crosses the entire country. I perfer to think of it this way... All these potential opportunities and what is the end result... Dan chooses MSU and continues his quest!

Mjoelner34
12-04-2015, 05:46 PM

There is a reason their hats aren't in the ring.

1. Bielema. Compare Mullen's first 3 years here vs. his first 3 at UPIG. Now, factor in the national perception of 'Poor old Mississippi State. Nobody can win there.' and it's clear that he hasn't sniffed the success Mullen has had.

2. Freezus. He's nothing more than the Network and other people know it. A poster on here even stated that he heard that from another Div. 1 coach the other day.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Yes, Rev. Freezes has the benefit of "The Network" but as much as I hate to admit it, he's proving to be a decent coach. At least against us lately.

Edit: Without the help of "The Network" Freezes wouldn't have 3/4 of the wins he has now.

Dawgology
12-04-2015, 10:06 PM

He's definitely not as reliable as an anonymous poster on a sports forum.. ********

Todd4State
12-04-2015, 11:01 PM
He's definitely not as reliable as an anonymous poster on a sports forum.. ********

Brandon Bryant and JT Gray are an either or situation. That's why MSU decided to pull Bryant's scholarship after he visited USM. - Rosebowl two years ago.

Todd4State
12-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Yes, Rev. Freezes has the benefit of "The Network" but as much as I hate to admit it, he's proving to be a decent coach. At least against us lately.

Edit: Without the help of "The Network" Freezes wouldn't have 3/4 of the wins he has now.

He's the epitome of Jimmy's and Joe's > X's and O's.

My honest take on him is he has been pretty lucky for the most part the past 3-4 years. If things even out over time, one would expect that they would start to even out pretty soon.

gravedigger
12-04-2015, 11:05 PM
What is the national media's near obsession with what Dan Mullen does? .

Bull. You understand. Youtube phil Donahue, Geraldo rivera, jerry springer, and bill o'reilly's first job.

We want dirty laundry.

Kick em when their up, kick em when their down.

This pollyannish bullshit is about to drive me crazy. YOU ALLL KNOW WHY AND STOP ASKING.

Todd4State
12-04-2015, 11:06 PM

Personally, I think Smart is going to end up being a really bad hire.