PDA

View Full Version : Kegler & Wigginton

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Keegler is strong. needs to be more patient but that will come.

His teammate Wigginton is a stud. 2017 kid. I hope we're on him too.

drummerdawg
12-03-2015, 08:15 PM
We're on Kenneth Nwuba who is in the 2018 class I believe.

smootness
12-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Keegler is strong. needs to be more patient but that will come.

His teammate Wigginton is a stud. 2017 kid. I hope we're on him too.

It's Oak Hill, everybody's on all of them. Certainly I hope we're going after him, but I would imagine our chances aren't improved much by getting Kegler.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 08:56 PM
It's Oak Hill, everybody's on all of them. Certainly I hope we're going after him, but I would imagine our chances aren't improved much by getting Kegler.

Oh yeah, they get recruited by everyone but our class right now is good enough to sell itself. I think Howland has put us in a position to catch any recruits attention from this point forward.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Chaminade has come back to take the lead behind the #2 player in the country who's committed to Duke. The last 4 minutes Oak Hill locked up Keegler on him. So far he's shutting him down.

Keg only has 7 points, but 5 were in two trips down the court with under 4 left.

HoopsDawg
12-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Chaminade has come back to take the lead behind the #2 player in the country who's committed to Duke. The last 4 minutes Oak Hill locked up Keegler on him. So far he's shutting him down.

Keg only has 7 points, but 5 were in two trips down the court with under 4 left.

Pretty frustrating how little Oak Hill looks to Kelger. He didn't touch the ball on about 10 straight trips.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 09:07 PM
He ended up with 12 and 10 was in the last 4 minutes after champ axe came back to take the lead.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Pretty frustrating how little Oak Hill looks to Kelger. He didn't touch the ball on about 10 straight trips.

I was a little surprised by that too. He shot a few and missed early so they may have gotten away from him. He sat the bench for a while too after getting some fouls in the first half.

I love that Wigginton kid. He's the real deal at PG. Reminds me of a young Jason Kidd sort of.

smootness
12-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh yeah, they get recruited by everyone but our class right now is good enough to sell itself. I think Howland has put us in a position to catch any recruits attention from this point forward.

Agreed. Sorry, I just assumed you meant that getting Kegler might help us get Wigginton when you apparently didn't.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Nick Weatherspoon is our PG recruit for 2017.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 09:31 PM

Haven't seen him.

Valyrian Steel
12-03-2015, 09:36 PM

Like Scottie Pippen?

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 09:48 PM

Just went and watched. He's got a little bit of Zimmerman in him. He's not afraid to get off the floor. Like that in a PG.

The Wigginton kid distributes the ball better but he doesn't have anywhere near the hops Weatherspoon has.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Like Scottie Pippen?

Like post-HIV Magic Johnson.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Just went and watched. He's got a little bit of Zimmerman in him. He's not afraid to get off the floor. Like that in a PG.

The Wigginton kid distributes the ball better but he doesn't have anywhere near the hops Weatherspoon has.

Nick is Q's little brother. Not sure if you were aware or not.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Nick is Q's little brother. Not sure if you were aware or not.

No clue. Would assume that's a heavy lean for us then. Wonder if Malik staying for year 2 will impact his decision at all.

smootness
12-03-2015, 11:54 PM
No clue. Would assume that's a heavy lean for us then. Wonder if Malik staying for year 2 will impact his decision at all.

We'll get Nick no matter what.

CarolinaDawgs
12-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Nick is GOOOOOD. Kid is absolutely fearless around the rim.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2015, 11:21 AM
The way Nick plays I have no doubt Howland is mentioning the name Russell Westbrook. They have similar games. No I'm not saying he's Westbrook but they have very similar playing styles. I also think Nick will grow another inch or 2 before he gets to MSU.

TStationDawg
12-04-2015, 01:52 PM
I can't wait to see Howland coaching REAL talent across the board!

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-04-2015, 01:59 PM

So is 2017 just going to be Garrison Brooks and Nick Weatherspoon?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2015, 02:13 PM

They may make room for another 3/4 guy but right now those are the only 2 for sure.

Big4Dawg
12-04-2015, 02:16 PM

Probably so. This would be my guess at a depth chart:

Assuming Malik leaves:
PG: Ready (Sr)/Peters (Fr)
SG: Weatherspoon (So), Carter (Fr), Wright (Fr)
SF: Kegler (Fr)/Stapleton (So)
PF: Holman (So), Strugg (RFr)
C: Herard (Fr), Ado (Fr), Ndoye (Jr)

That's 12 scholarship players.

W/ Malik:
PG: Malik (So), Ready (Sr)/Peters (Fr)
C: Herard (Fr), Ado (Fr), Ndoye (Jr)

13 players.

But only Ready graduates and Malik probably goes pro, if he's not already. Maybe you could see someone like Ndoye leave, which would open up another one. So we would have 2 (Ready and Malik's) scholarships, could process someone if we find someone else we really want.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-04-2015, 02:23 PM
don't forget we have a guy w/ a 7'5" wingspan coming in next year

C will be Herard, Ado, Ndoye

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Assuming Malik leaves:
C: Herard (Fr), Ndoye (Jr)

W/ Malik:

13 players.

But only Ready graduates and Malik probably goes pro, if he's not already. Maybe you could see someone like Ndoye leave, which would open up another one. So we would have 2 (Ready and Malik's) scholarships, could process someone if we find someone else we really want.

I would have Wright over Carter. Wright's rating should go way up, he is legit.

Dawg61
12-04-2015, 02:43 PM

Assuming Malik leaves:

W/ Malik:

13 players.

Add in Ado and that's 13. Anyone else gets added and Ndoye or Strugg will have to figure out a new scholarship avenue.

smootness
12-04-2015, 02:52 PM
I would have Wright over Carter. Wright's rating should go way up, he is legit.

They're both legit, and the good thing for us is that they offer different things.

Carter is honestly more of a PG, though he can also be a really good wing as a spot-up shooter and a guy who can also pass really well. Wright is a 2/3 who can really attack the rim.

Big4Dawg
12-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Yeah. Forgot Ado. Added.

Howland has a good problem to have though. So much talent everywhere. The only guy w/o major offers will be Strugg and Ndoye. We could go 10 deep without any real drop off. We could do what Kentucky did a last year having two teams. Really wish we had another PF. Who plays the 4 when Holman isn't play? Will 2 of Holman/Ado/Heard always be on the floor? Or will Kegler play more of the stretch four?

Dawg61
12-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Yeah. Forgot Ado. Added.

Howland has a good problem to have though. So much talent everywhere. The only guy w/o major offers will be Strugg and Ndoye. We could go 10 deep without any real drop off. We could do what Kentucky did a last year having two teams. Really wish we had another PF. Who plays the 4 when Holman isn't play? Will 2 of Holman/Ado/Heard always be on the floor? Or will Kegler play more of the stretch four?

Last two guys BH tried to sign are 5* PF Davis and Huell so it looks like BH sees what you see and will be trying to add another PF.

smootness
12-04-2015, 04:04 PM
I think we'll probably try to add a PF late, but regardless I do think we'll see Kegler play a good bit of stretch 4. With him, Holman, and the possibility of Herard and Ado playing together for short stretches, I think we'll be fine.

Dawg61
12-04-2015, 04:16 PM
I think we'll probably try to add a PF late, but regardless I do think we'll see Kegler play a good bit of stretch 4. With him, Holman, and the possibility of Herard and Ado playing together for short stretches, I think we'll be fine.

Keglar is a big boy. He certainly has the size to play the 4 but his play style is more SF/SG. He is a monster. Really good looking stroke. He has an NBA body already.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Obvious dropoff behind Holman at the 4, & I don't see either Herard or Ado having the skill to play Howland's 4. Neither is comfortable outside 5 feet. I don't think we see them play together w/o a scheme change for those situations.

When Holman's not on the floor, I'd move Kegler to the 4 & try to get a mismatch there. I think he can make a killing beating bigger 4's off the dribble. At the 3, his strength will be his frame and strength. He's not going to out-quick any 3s, so he might get shut down by a 3 w/ some size - like the Chaminade guy he played last night. Keg seems to be more of an iso player, doesn't look to pass, so I say get him iso'd on a 4 & work his game w/ Herard or Ado down low to clean up.

That way we can work Stapleton/Wright at the 3 & let Weatherspoon/ Carter handle the 2. Q, Wright, & Keg have a lot of versatility & that could allow Howland to get creative next year. I think we'll push the ball way more than we're seeing this year, w/ the focus being on Gavin.