PDA

View Full Version : You Guys who think Dan is irreplaceable better be hoping...

preachermatt83
12-03-2015, 04:42 PM
...RichRod don't go to SC. J/S

msstate7
12-03-2015, 04:48 PM
I don't think Dan is irreplaceable. I also don't think it's gonna be easy to do better than Dan.

Everyone here thinks EB is a great AD. Some of the same ones think Dan isn't very good. What makes you guys think EB will want Mullen if Mullen sucks so bad?

preachermatt83
12-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Mullen don't suck. Mullen has done a great Job building our program. Do I think he will ever take us to Atlanta? No. Do I think he is gonna be owned by Freeze? Probably. Do I think anyone else could do better? Probably.

Big4Dawg
12-03-2015, 04:53 PM
I don't think Dan is irreplaceable. I also don't think it's gonna be easy to do better than Dan.

Everyone here thinks EB is a great AD. Some of the same ones think Dan isn't very good. What makes you guys think EB will want Mullen if Mullen sucks so bad?

Guessing you meant GB?

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Mullen don't suck. Mullen has done a great Job building our program. Do I think he will ever take us to Atlanta? No. Do I think he is gonna be owned by Freeze? Probably. Do I think anyone else could do better? Probably.

Anyone? I don't know if I would agree with that.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 05:01 PM

I'm not sure that he will. He might call to gauge interest- assuming South Carolina even hires Rich Rod in the first place. Too much traffic to clear at this point before we even can realistically discuss it.

msstate7
12-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Guessing you meant GB?

Him too haha

I'm an idiot

preachermatt83
12-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Anyone? I don't know if I would agree with that.

I mean there are others out there... Not JUST anyone.

FISHDAWG
12-03-2015, 05:12 PM

do I think you are starting to get on peoples nerves ? Yes ........ have we heard enough of this crap ? YES ..... Is it time to give this BS a rest ? YES

Jack Lambert
12-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Do I think he will ever take us to Atlanta? N0. Under that rationale there are seven other SEC coaches who should be let go. Since Mullen has been at state only 7 school had made it to Atlanta and four of them are from the East. As it goes now there is only one team in the west who is going to make it for several more years. The other six will beat each other out of it. Only if Saban leaves Bama will it change. Changing our coach isn't going to matter. I just don't see the other six teams knocking bama off.

CarolinaDawgs
12-03-2015, 05:14 PM
do I think you are starting to get on peoples nerves ? Yes ........ have we heard enough of this crap ? YES ..... Is it time to give this BS a rest ? YES

If you're SALTY and you know it clap your hands....

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I mean there are others out there... Not JUST anyone.

Sure. It has to be the right fit. It's a very tricky and most schools don't.

FISHDAWG
12-03-2015, 05:16 PM

that's all you can add dickhead ? YES

Bothrops
12-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Arizona is not a better job.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2015, 05:19 PM

Explain the meaning of that please.

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 05:22 PM

abso****inlutely. I thought we were done with these threads after todds shitter yesterday. guess not

preachermatt83
12-03-2015, 05:26 PM
abso****inlutely. I thought we were done with these threads after todds shitter yesterday. guess not

The coaching carousel is just starting to turn my friend. It's my fav time of yr.... Just wait til Brian Kelly takes a NFL job and watch the dominoes start to fall!!

maroonmania
12-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Not many MSU fans thinking Mullen is irreplaceable at this point BUT we absolutely could do worse and, for most of our history, have done MUCH worse.

CarolinaDawgs
12-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Explain the meaning of that please.

basically means you're overly pissed about something meaningless.

EX: Jack was salty after not being invited to the movies with his friends.

Its all in how one handles it.. you can be upset but not salty... as well as you can be pissed off but not salty..

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 05:45 PM
The coaching carousel is just starting to turn my friend. It's my fav time of yr.... Just wait til Brian Kelly takes a NFL job and watch the dominoes start to fall!!

cool. and that's always interesting, but I don't see why we'd be worried about rich rod or SC? we have a coach.

Blackout
12-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Arizona is not a better job.

Neither is Miami.

dawg27
12-03-2015, 05:52 PM
...RichRod don't go to SC. J/S

what does it matter if rich goes to sc

HancockCountyDog
12-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Rich Rod is trying to leverage the original Ninja, he better be careful.

He isn't getting that job, he would be a good hire, but they won't pull the trigger.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Rich Rod interviewing with SC can only mean one thing.......Mullen hates Starkville and wants out.*

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 05:57 PM
cool. and that's always interesting, but I don't see why we'd be worried about rich rod or SC? we have a coach.

We shouldn't be.

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Rich Rod interviewing with SC can only mean one thing.......Mullen hates Starkville and wants out.*

ah ha! that's how we tie in** was wondering how concerned MSU

NCDawg
12-03-2015, 06:01 PM

My feelings exactly.

Coach34
12-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Not many MSU fans thinking Mullen is irreplaceable at this point BUT we absolutely could do worse and, for most of our history, have done MUCH worse.

2 of our last 3 hires have been very good. Templeton being a moron is only reason its not 3/3

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2015, 06:59 PM
2 of our last 3 hires have been very good. Templeton being a moron is only reason its not 3/3

And worth noting, someone not named Templeton made the 2 very good hires. Dr. Z and the Ninja. That said, I don't trust Grasshopper to hire a football coach.

Coach34
12-03-2015, 07:07 PM
And worth noting, someone not named Templeton made the 2 very good hires. Dr. Z and the Ninja. That said, I don't trust Grasshopper to hire a football coach.

Strick wont be allowed to make the hire- hell, Howland was dumped in his lap. Once you Rick Ray- you dont get a 2nd chance

BossDawg
12-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Under that rationale there are seven other SEC coaches who should be let go. Since Mullen has been at state only 7 school had made it to Atlanta and four of them are from the East. As it goes now there is only one team in the west who is going to make it for several more years. The other six will beat each other out of it. Only if Saban leaves Bama will it change. Changing our coach isn't going to matter. I just don't see the other six teams knocking bama off.

I think Mullen could get us to Atlanta. The man just needs a little help recruiting.

Blackout
12-03-2015, 07:50 PM
I think Mullen could get us to Atlanta. The man just needs a little help recruiting.

Self help is the best help. He also needs to attend GamedayCoaching101

Jack Lambert
12-03-2015, 08:01 PM
basically means you're overly pissed about something meaningless.

EX: Jack was salty after not being invited to the movies with his friends.

Its all in how one handles it.. you can be upset but not salty... as well as you can be pissed off but not salty..

Kind like how you call someone a Mother ****er right? If I say hey MF what up or if I say hey you Mf whats going here.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Want to talk about someone really trying to leave their current job, Sonny Dykes. Interviewed for Mizzou, going to interview for VA and USCe. If those don't pan out he will interview for the nighttime assistant managers job at Burger King, just keeping his options open on that one I'm sure.***

Coach34
12-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Want to talk about someone really trying to leave their current job, Sonny Dykes. Interviewed for Mizzou, going to interview for VA and USCe. If those don't pan out he will interview for the nighttime assistant managers job at Burger King, just keeping his options open on that one I'm sure.***

according to alot of posters here- just means he has a good agent

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 09:07 PM
according to alot of posters here- just means he has a good agent

Ha. I think even most of those would admit what he is doing. I think there was also a report he was also negotiating with Cal at the same time. I don't know why he took Cal to begin with. Thought that was an odd fit for a Texas guy. But I don't begrudge him getting that pay raise over LA Tech.

smootness
12-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Why do people do this?

'No, Mullen returning is not one of the worst days in our history' is not the same as 'Mullen is irreplaceable, we are screwed forever if he leaves.'

BossDawg
12-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Self help is the best help. He also needs to attend GamedayCoaching101

Dan has finished ahead of Freeze in the conference every year, until this one, and Freeze was literally one face mask penalty away from taking UMiss to Atlanta for the first time EVER...and that man lost to MEMPHIS. Again I'll say, Dan has the ability to get us to Atlanta, and yes he makes bone headed decisions like every coach. He just needs some help recruiting more than anything.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Dan has finished ahead of Freeze in the conference every year, until this one, and Freeze was literally one face mask penalty away from taking UMiss to Atlanta for the first time EVER...and that man lost to MEMPHIS. Again I'll say, Dan has the ability to get us to Atlanta, and yes he makes bone headed decisions like every coach. He just needs some help recruiting more than anything.

He really doesn't need to recruit that much better at all. He needs an o-line coach.

QB- Dak was a Heisman contender with an offer from LSU despite being ***

RB- Aeris is a ****, Gibson was a ****, Shumpert ****

WR- Ross ****, Dear **** and Army AA, Gray ****

TE- None

OL- Rankin ****

DL- Jones ***** UA AA, Fletcher Adams ****, Nick James ****

LB- Leo Lewis **** UA AA, Gerri Green ****, Beni Brown ****

CB- Graham ****

S- Peters **** Army AA

Interesting to note where the deficiencies were. These were per 247 by the way- and I only did guys that were consensus 4 star guys. So, I left out some like McLaurin, Jake Thomas, Chris Stamps, etc.

CarolinaDawgs
12-04-2015, 11:03 AM
that's all you can add dickhead ? YES

Special Agent S.A.L.T

CarolinaDawgs
12-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Kind like how you call someone a Mother ****er right? If I say hey MF what up or if I say hey you Mf whats going here.

I guess thats a good analogy.. The real problem is when you imply that someone is actually ****ing their mother...

maroonmania
12-04-2015, 11:45 AM
He really doesn't need to recruit that much better at all. He needs an o-line coach.

I think Hev is a decent OL coach when he has something to work with. Not sure what coach could have put together a competent OL out of the players available this year. Agree that some may be playing out of position but we HAVE to up our recruiting efforts for OL or either get luckier with our diamonds. I'm pretty sure we have the lowest rated prospects on the OL of anyone in the SEC. We are stuck at 7-8 wins most years until this area improves. Of course recruiting in that area is mostly on Hev as well. He may not be solely responsible for recruiting them but he sure as heck signs off on anyone we sign on the OL.

Joe Schmedlap
12-04-2015, 01:31 PM
P

QB- Dak was a Heisman contender with an offer from LSU despite being ***

RB- Aeris is a ****, Gibson was a ****, Shumpert ****

WR- Ross ****, Dear **** and Army AA, Gray ****

TE- None

OL- Rankin ****

DL- Jones ***** UA AA, Fletcher Adams ****, Nick James ****

LB- Leo Lewis **** UA AA, Gerri Green ****, Beni Brown ****

CB- Graham ****

S- Peters **** Army AA

Interesting to note where the deficiencies were. These were per 247 by the way- and I only did guys that were consensus 4 star guys. So, I left out some like McLaurin, Jake Thomas, Chris Stamps, etc.

Shump...SMH