View Full Version : Will Mullen now listen to Bryne's sales pitch?

klong-dog
12-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Rich Rod possibly going to USCe. He's reeled in Mullen once, can he do it again?

Statefan
12-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Same question essentially -- would they be able to pay him 4m+?

MafiaDawg
12-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Rich makes about $2M a year total package. I'm sure Arizona could afford a lot more but this may be a ploy for him to get a bit of a raise. I'm not sure why he would leave.

HancockCountyDog
12-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Rich makes about $2M a year total package. I'm sure Arizona could afford a lot more but this may be a ploy for him to get a bit of a raise. I'm not sure why he would leave.

He just went 6-6, 3-6 in Pac 12. This allows him to restart the clock and probably get close to double his salary, despite throwing up a losing season.

Maroon_and_white
12-03-2015, 04:18 PM

I don't think that tells the whole story. I think I remember reading a unique package that Rich Rod has that is a shareholder package in a corporation or something.

was21
12-03-2015, 04:20 PM
If Dan Mullen wants a higher profile job or any other job that will pay him comparable or more than what he's making now he will have to work his way into one, which is to our benefit while he's still at State. BTW, Arizona is not one of those jobs. They care more about basketball, baseball and swimming than football.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Agree. Byrne might call. Wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't but this isn't one I think we need to concern ourselves with unless he's really looking for that escape hatch, which would be dumb career wise... And he's not a dumb guy.

maroonmania
12-03-2015, 05:29 PM
If Dan Mullen wants a higher profile job or any other job that will pay him comparable or more than what he's making now he will have to work his way into one, which is to our benefit while he's still at State. BTW, Arizona is not one of those jobs. They care more about basketball, baseball and swimming than football.

Exactly, if he had kicked some UNM butt in the Egg Bowl instead of the other way around, he might actually be getting some serious attention from some higher profile schools.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Exactly, if he had kicked some UNM butt in the Egg Bowl instead of the other way around, he might actually be getting some serious attention from some higher profile schools.

Timing and fit has a lot more to do with it. Les Miles lost 4 of his last 6 games including Oklahoma, A & M, Texas and Texas Tech going 7-5 before landing the LSU job. He never won more than 9 at OSU. Saban had losing record against Michigan at MSU and had only one year over 7 wins, he had 9 his last year.

defiantdog
12-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Timing and fit has a lot more to do with it. Les Miles lost 4 of his last 6 games including Oklahoma, A & M, Texas and Texas Tech going 7-5 before landing the LSU job. He never won more than 9 at OSU. Saban had losing record against Michigan at MSU and had only one year over 7 wins, he had 9 his last year.

Dantonio has really made Michigan State a powerhouse school in his tenure.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Dantonio has really made Michigan State a powerhouse school in his tenure.

Yep. 7-8 years after Saban leaves and they are back to losing seasons he got to 9 wins quicker than Saban. He has done a fantastic job there. 5 11+ win seasons the last 6 years.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 05:59 PM

According to USA Today, he makes 2.8 million plus some other incentives- I assume the shareholder stake in whatever most likely which brings the total package to 3.2 million

Blackout
12-03-2015, 06:00 PM

Which is why Dan would love it. Not as much stress and pressure. Like someone said earlier film sessions ending at 10 pm not 2 am. Time with the kids, the wife, etc.

By the way, I guess you want to walk back that comment about your shoe dealer and being "out on a limb" right?

was21
12-03-2015, 06:20 PM
No but that's not sports related and I didn't start that one, just replied to it and stick with it

MafiaDawg
12-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Which is why Dan would love it. Not as much stress and pressure. Like someone said earlier film sessions ending at 10 pm not 2 am. Time with the kids, the wife, etc.

This is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read in my life.

Blackout
12-03-2015, 07:00 PM
This is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read in my life.

See: Urban Meyer

MafiaDawg
12-03-2015, 07:50 PM

You were inferring that Arizona would be a less pressure job and Mullen would be able to work significantly less hours. Now you are comparing it to the Urban situation. Surely you are not saying that Ohio State is a low pressure job where he works a lot less hours are you? You may have topped your previous dumb statement.

gravedigger
12-03-2015, 08:23 PM
You were inferring that Arizona would be a less pressure job and Mullen would be able to work significantly less hours. Now you are comparing it to the Urban situation. Surely you are not saying that Ohio State is a low pressure job where he works a lot less hours are you? You may have topped your previous dumb statement.

Its almost as if will james tech has sent its graduate summa cum laude to
prove he will always be here.

Homedawg
12-03-2015, 08:34 PM

I give you credit, you don't limit your dumb posts to one sport.

Blackout
12-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Ohio State is a much less stressful job than Florida. They only play maybe 2 tough opponents a year and there is no Saban hill to climb every year. You think Urban is staying up all night to beat Illinois??? If he put in a full effort he would destroy everyone but it's VERY clear that he coasts and that's why we see their struggles against poor teams this year. He turned it up for Michigan and look what happened.

Idiots.

Homedawg
12-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Ohio State is a much less stressful job than Florida. They only play maybe 2 tough opponents a year and there is no Saban hill to climb every year. You think Urban is staying up all night to beat Illinois??? If he put in a full effort he would destroy everyone but it's VERY clear that he coasts and that's why we see their struggles against poor teams this year. He turned it up for Michigan and look what happened.

Idiots.

So he didn't stay up for one of his two tough oppenents? Well maybe he should have stayed up for mich st because that was ugly. But you've proven how ****ing stupid you are if you think urban doesn't take every game serious. But I'm not shocked. Not at all. Go read another book.

Blackout
12-03-2015, 10:22 PM
But you've proven how ****ing stupid you are if you think urban doesn't take every game serious.

It's not about "taking it serious"! It's saying that you can win by going home at 10:00 and having some family time during the week at Ohio State much more than at Florida...

Much more at Arizona than at Mississippi State.

Homedawg
12-03-2015, 11:00 PM
It's not about "taking it serious"! It's saying that you can win by going home at 10:00 and having some family time during the week at Ohio State much more than at Florida...

Much more at Arizona than at Mississippi State.

And you prove again your complete lack of knowledge concerning the coaching profession. To add, your example of urban makes it even worse. Maybe urban should be fired since he went home early the week of Michigan st and they put up 150 yds.***