PDA

View Full Version : LSU Administration and AD

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I hope that bunch stays around for a long time. Miles is borderline right now but if that group was to ever get to pulling the same direction again, good grief they would be dangerous. Corn dog fumes? Living the Mardi Gras life? I don't why the president would come out now and confirm that Miles was retained based on the first half against A & M during the 3rd quarter talks with the AD and Board members. We know it was reported but why release a statement letting everyone know for sure that you were going to fire or keep a guy over 1 half of football. If he needed to be let go earlier in the week enough for you to try and get Jimbo, then he wasn't the guy at the end of the week either. I know the financials was a major issue but that wasn't any different all week. What a cluster down there. Hope it stays intact for a long time.

defiantdog
12-03-2015, 12:14 PM
LSU's AD is an idiot. Their administration wasn't bad until the state government basically put them in bankruptcy. Now they can't change too much until a new reformed budget is created. Again though, their AD is the same one who defamed the Duke Lacrosse team. He's a quick to fire guy. The administration had to step in here and tell him not to fire Miles. None of this should have been public though..... That's poor management.

FISHDAWG
12-03-2015, 12:18 PM
yeah it's crazy ... kinda reminds me a little of Tubberville & Auburn. Watching the typically stronger programs having so much dissatisfaction should be a red flag for any head coach considering "stepping-up" .... thus they end up having to take a chance on coordinators doing a better job than experienced head coaches .... I think using Saban as a benchmark for performance is asking a little much from any coach or candidate but that's where college football is today

SDDawg
12-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Reflecting back on this season, I'm more disappointed that we didn't beat LSU than I am at Ole Miss. There will always be some "back and forth" within the MS rivalry, but I felt like we really had a chance to get on an even playing field with LSU and beat them 2 years in a row. That's a program on the decline and we need to jump on the opportunity.

AROB44
12-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Don't you think this keystone cop handling has really hurt Miles' ability for the future? I mean....he is effectively a lame duck.

DancingRabbit
12-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I hope that bunch stays around for a long time. Miles is borderline right now but if that group was to ever get to pulling the same direction again, good grief they would be dangerous. Corn dog fumes? Living the Mardi Gras life? I don't why the president would come out now and confirm that Miles was retained based on the first half against A & M during the 3rd quarter talks with the AD and Board members. We know it was reported but why release a statement letting everyone know for sure that you were going to fire or keep a guy over 1 half of football. If he needed to be let go earlier in the week enough for you to try and get Jimbo, then he wasn't the guy at the end of the week either. I know the financials was a major issue but that wasn't any different all week. What a cluster down there. Hope it stays intact for a long time.

The idiot AD and one or two of their boosters thought that social media and the Rant was an accurate reflection of their fanbase.

I heard Stricklin interviewed a year ago and the interviewer said it was amazing how Dan had gone from the hot seat in 2013 to #1 in 2014. Scott said he was aware that there was a vocal minority out there venting about Dan but he was never on the hot seat with him and Keenum.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Oh so LSU doesn't have Bill Gates money and can drop $30 mill any time they want? I'm shocked.

SDDawg
12-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Don't you think this keystone cop handling has really hurt Miles' ability for the future? I mean....he is effectively a lame duck.

Yes, but keeping him for 2 or 3 years will be ideal. He'll continue to coast to 8 wins but we need to step up and pass those guys. LSU's biggest asset is their fertile recruiting ground, but TCU and others are going to start to chip away at that too.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 12:38 PM

Well his future is probably one year anyway. I'm interested to see what he does as far as staff changes. We know he has talent and is loved by the players. He could work some magic, make next year an us vs everyone, including "the man in power" at LSU so to speak, and pull off some magic. Otherwise I really believe it's his last year.

SDDawg
12-03-2015, 12:40 PM
The idiot AD and one or two of their boosters thought that social media and the Rant was an accurate reflection of their fanbase.

I heard Stricklin interviewed a year ago and the interviewer said it was amazing how Dan had gone from the hot seat in 2013 to #1 in 2014. Scott said he was aware that there was a vocal minority out there venting about Dan but he was never on the hot seat with him and Keenum.

Of course he wasn't. Looking back on what he had to work with, the schedule and the circumstances, I'd say 2013 was a more successful season for Dan than this one. Just my 2 cents.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Oh so LSU doesn't have Bill Gates money and can drop $30 mill any time they want? I'm shocked.

I think they were going to try with Jimbo though. Until others got involved. The problem I have is why verify that like the president has done? And it wouldn't take $30MIL to get rid of Miles. If he is not the guy, a half of football should never ever be used for a decision on a coach.

turkish
12-03-2015, 12:50 PM
LSU does not. TAF did, and still does.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 12:50 PM
That 3rd quarter BS is ridiculous. Miles said immediately after the game he was staying. He knew before the game. No way he'd just tuck tail and say "ok, thanks for keeping me around" and announce it to the media after they were firing him 2 hours earlier.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 01:01 PM
That 3rd quarter BS is ridiculous. Miles said immediately after the game he was staying. He knew before the game. No way he'd just tuck tail and say "ok, thanks for keeping me around" and announce it to the media after they were firing him 2 hours earlier.

I agree it's ridiculous but it's more ridiculous to issue a statement confirming that's what happened by the president. One thing for reporters to speculate, hearing sources, etc. But to come right out and say it's true...whether it's true or not...well they powers that be sure acting like their crazy fanbase.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2015, 01:11 PM
This is why the LSU job is not a top job. They are way down the list. Anyone thinking differently doesn't know a thing about coonasses and their politics.

Coach34
12-03-2015, 01:54 PM

LSU had the money. The Gov and the President of the University had a long talk about it. It was pointed out to him how ridiculous he was about to look since he has been claiming LSU is broke to the Legislature- yet about to spend $20MM to make a coaching staff go away

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 01:55 PM
It makes them look dumb either way. "He was going to be fired but we changed our minds during the game." Holy hell. I guess that's one way to run a major football program.

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 01:56 PM
LSU had the money. The Gov and the President of the University had a long talk about it. It was pointed out to him how ridiculous he was about to look since he has been claiming LSU is broke to the Legislature- yet about to spend $20MM to make a 9 win coaching staff go away

FIFY.

And another $30MM to hire a new one.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 01:58 PM
LSU had the money. The Gov and the President of the University had a long talk about it. It was pointed out to him how ridiculous he was about to look since he has been claiming LSU is broke to the Legislature- yet about to spend $20MM to make a coaching staff go away

Yea and any university anywhere has hippie professors and liberal administrators who absolutely despise sports and will make your life a living hell if you drop $30 mill to fire and hire a new football coach especially if you've been saying you're broke for everything else non-football related. It was never going to happen. LSU got caught being a bunch of blowhards and now they don't know how to backtrack from that stance.