PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen it mentioned here

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-03-2015, 09:41 AM
but was told Hevesy was talking to ULM for their head coaching position. I don't even know if they have an opening, but wanted to throw it out there. Now everyone cross your fingers and let's hope that helps.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 09:43 AM
His name has been mentioned but I'm not sure he would be considered a favorite. It's all going to depend on how much they can pay because some of these position coaches in power 5 conferences make as much or more.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 09:46 AM
I think Berry was making around ~$300,000 give or take.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-03-2015, 09:48 AM
IYOK....what's your take on our OL recruiting the past 3-4-5 years? Bad luck?, bad evaluation?, not throwing a wide enough net?, making them come to camp first? coaching? color of the helmets?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 09:55 AM
IYOK....what's your take on our OL recruiting the past 3-4-5 years? Bad luck?, bad evaluation?, not throwing a wide enough net?, making them come to camp first? coaching? color of the helmets?

A combination of all those things. Our OL recruiting has slowly gotten better but not at the speed we'd like. 4-5yrs ago hardly any of our OL recruits had any other Power 5 offers. That's improved but again has to get better. The Hev topic has been beat to death we all know he's not a great recruiter but we have to find a way to change & improve.

jumbo
12-03-2015, 09:55 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8a/c3/f3/8ac3f354892c7cbf5f14d1a26b1ff82e.jpg

maroonmania
12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
A combination of all those things. Our OL recruiting has slowly gotten better but not at the speed we'd like. 4-5yrs ago hardly any of our OL recruits had any other Power 5 offers. That's improved but again has to get better. The Hev topic has been beat to death we all know he's not a great recruiter but we have to find a way to change & improve.

The Hev topic can not be beaten enough when the position group he coaches is the primary thing holding the program back. Right now it definitely is.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-03-2015, 10:16 AM
I wonder if Studrawa from Maryland will be available to hire. He coached at LSU for a while and would be a fairly solid hire.

bulldogcountry1
12-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Mullen needs to find a way for him to get "promoted" to another job at another school. I mean, any assistant/position coach worth a flip will eventually get an opportunity to move up in the world. If not, then that should tell you something.

There's just no room for a mediocre coach who is a mediocre (at best) recruiter. You have to be really good at one.

Big4Dawg
12-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Don't forget, he is also our "run game coordinator" which was worst than its ever been

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 10:39 AM
The Hev topic can not be beaten enough when the position group he coaches is the primary thing holding the program back. Right now it definitely is.

I meant beat to death in the sense of no matter what I or anybody else say Hev will be knocked until A. We sign some higher rated OL or B. Our OL turns back into very good OL next year. Until then it's beaten to death IMO.