PDA

View Full Version : Be thankful we are not in USCe's position

RC3
12-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Over a month in and unable to secure a decent coach

scottycameron
12-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Over a month in and unable to secure a decent coach

Has Dan been ruled out of that job? That seemed like one of the better fits to me (don't know about the golf, Dan's a yankee)

RC3
12-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Has Dan been ruled out of that job? That seemed like one of the better fits to me (don't know about the golf, Dan's a yankee)

He doesn't appear to be on the target lists out there. Maybe he didn't reach out to them like he did every other school in America **

Maroonthirteen
12-03-2015, 11:32 AM
He doesn't appear to be on the target lists out there. Maybe he didn't reach out to them like he did every other school in America **

Dan not landing the USC job gives a ton of validity to the existance of an unwritten SEC rule. There will be no poaching of other SEC coaches. Someone had as thread on here days ago or maybe weeks ago....

I seen it dawg
12-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Usce may end up with the best hire of the bunch...

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Usce may end up with the best hire of the bunch...

I don't know. I really liked Scott Frost. He has a great pedigree and has coached both sides of the ball. The Northern Iowa gig had churned out great coaches. Multiple offensive schemes from Walsh at Stanford and Osborn at NE. Really good Pro exposure and has been at Oregon since 2009 learning that system.

And Houston retaining Herman may be the best move. Haha

ETA. Looks like VA is going to interview Jeff Brohm. He would have been a top call for me as well. That could be an outstanding hire there.

I seen it dawg
12-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Muschamp prob his job to lose. He HAS to get a really good OC and let him alone. Jeff Scott at Clemson would be a good pick up. Those 2 together will recruit their ass off.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Muschamp prob his job to lose. He HAS to get a really good OC and let him alone. Jeff Scott at Clemson would be a good pick up. Those 2 together will recruit their ass off.

I think they are going to talk with Lincoln Riley as well. He may be a good pick up.

I did see that Muschamp had possible spoken to Scott. To me I always thought Boom failed at Florida from day one because of what he wanted to do offensively. You are in Florida, why oh why are you trying to run a power pro offense. Everybody that has ever won big down there based their offense on speed speed speed. Dumb move from day one.

scottycameron
12-03-2015, 01:26 PM
I think they are going to talk with Lincoln Riley as well. He may be a good pick up.

I did see that Muschamp had possible spoken to Scott. To me I always thought Boom failed at Florida from day one because of what he wanted to do offensively. You are in Florida, why oh why are you trying to run a power pro offense. Everybody that has ever won big down there based their offense on speed speed speed. Dumb move from day one.

too young.

bgover4
12-03-2015, 01:28 PM

That is my concern with Richt to Miami. Just don't see that offense working with those kind of athletes. Maybe i will be proven wrong.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 01:34 PM
too young.

Maybe. About the same age as Kingsbury when he took TT isn't he? Maybe a year younger. Can't remember. I don't know why (and maybe they turned down an interview) they are not interviewing Brohm, Babers, Frost before he took UCF, etc. Heck the Dallas Sp Teams coach was a leading candidate. Strange process for them considering they have had a while. Some talk that Boom may keep the OC as well if he gets the job.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 01:36 PM
That is my concern with Richt to Miami. Just don't see that offense working with those kind of athletes. Maybe i will be proven wrong.

He came from FSU though and can run a multiple offense like FSU has. It has Pro and spread concepts but is built on speed.

scottycameron
12-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Maybe. About the same age as Kingsbury when he took TT isn't he? Maybe a year younger. Can't remember. I don't know why (and maybe they turned down an interview) they are not interviewing Brohm, Babers, Frost before he took UCF, etc. Heck the Dallas Sp Teams coach was a leading candidate. Strange process for them considering they have had a while. Some talk that Boom may keep the OC as well if he gets the job.

I can't see Boom. No way they let him on augusta much less join. Holtz and Spurrier made perfect sense. I just can't think of a good fit this time around.

I seen it dawg
12-03-2015, 01:47 PM
too young.

I agree. He's been interviewed.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Riley has the Carolina tie since he was the OC at East Car from 2010-14. I wouldn't disagree another year or two but he is getting close experience wise as an OC. Very sharp mind supposedly.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Dan not landing the USC job gives a ton of validity to the existance of an unwritten SEC rule. There will be no poaching of other SEC coaches. Someone had as thread on here days ago or maybe weeks ago....

Yea I remember that thread too