PDA

View Full Version : Demetrious Houston

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 05:27 AM
any news here?

KentuckyDawg13
12-03-2015, 08:56 AM
I thought I saw him on the bench, not dressed out. Hard to tell though.

Really wish Houston would get his sh*t together.

state66
12-03-2015, 09:00 AM
We needed another scholarship for next year since Malik isnt one and done***

BulldogBacker
12-03-2015, 09:11 AM
I thought I saw him on the bench, not dressed out. Hard to tell though.

Really wish Houston would get his sh*t together.

He won't be back, likely transfers in January.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 09:35 AM
He's done.

maroonmania
12-03-2015, 10:01 AM
He gone.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2015, 10:04 AM
dont fret over Houston....Howland is separating the wheat from the chaff.

Making room for better wheat....ha

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 12:31 PM
He's done.

Damn can we get a story? He piss on the rotation sheet at halftime or something? Ndoye can only foul but gets to stay forever and the guy with Vince Carter hops gets the boot. Mother****er!

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Damn can we get a story? He piss on the rotation sheet at halftime or something? Ndoye can only foul but gets to stay forever and the guy with Vince Carter hops gets the boot. Mother****er!

Well when you don't buy in to the changes the new coach is making & providing more headaches than highlights you're not going to be long for the team. Everybody always bad mouth Ndoye but Howland loves him because he bust his ass & will run through a brick wall for him. Coaches want coachable kids. Your biggest asset has to be availability & dependability. Houston wasn't willing to do that.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Well when you don't buy in to the changes the new coach is making & providing more headaches than highlights you're not going to be long for the team. Everybody always bad mouth Ndoye but Howland loves him because he bust his ass & will run through a brick wall for him. Coaches want coachable kids. Your biggest asset has to be availability & dependability. Houston wasn't willing to do that.

Ndoye is from war torn Africa. He's a great story. He's also terrible at basketball. Can't we give him a tuba and band scholarship or something else that allows him to continue his free education? He can still be on the basketball team just not on a basketball scholarship. Tookie gone. Black gone. Houston gone. All three of those players are drastically better basketball players than Ndoye. He'll run through a wall though so there's that.

msstate7
12-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Ndoye had 0 mins last night. Was he hurt or are we setting rotation now?

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 12:52 PM

We probably didn't want to gift wrap 5 fouls for them

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 12:53 PM
He's done.

I had a bad feeling this was gonna be the case with him

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Ndoye is from war torn Africa. He's a great story. He's also terrible at basketball. Can't we give him a tuba and band scholarship or something else that allows him to continue his free education? He can still be on the basketball team just not on a basketball scholarship. Tookie gone. Black gone. Houston gone. All three of those players are drastically better basketball players than Ndoye. He'll run through a wall though so there's that.

Houston & Black showed themselves the door. I liked Tookie but where would he play now or ever in our rotation. Nobody is questioning whether or not Ndoye is better than Houston or Black because he's not. 1 thing he can do better than them is follow the rules & not be a head case.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 12:55 PM

Texas Southern didn't have a guy over 6'6". Wouldn't have made any sense to play Ndoye.

mic
12-03-2015, 12:57 PM

So if an average player is a cancer in the locker room, apparently isn't in boats with this staff and obviously isn't a team guy you keep him??.
If we had RR still here as a coach we would have Houston, Tookie, and Balck..

You can have that if you want it......I will take our situation we have now..

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Houston & Black showed themselves the door. I liked Tookie but where would he play now or ever in our rotation. Nobody is questioning whether or not Ndoye is better than Houston or Black because he's not. 1 thing he can do better than them is follow the rules & not be a head case.

I don't know Houston from Adam but he's just a true sophomore and maybe he's never had a strong male figure in his life before? It seems a little hypocritical to award Ndoye all the compassion in the world yet kill Houston at the same time. I want Houston back on the team. Gene Hackman let the mouthy kid back on. Ben Howland can do the same. There's infinite other ways to teach a kid before kicking him out the door.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 01:13 PM
So if an average player is a cancer in the locker room, apparently isn't in boats with this staff and obviously isn't a team guy you keep him??.
If we had RR still here as a coach we would have Houston, Tookie, and Balck..

You can have that if you want it......I will take our situation we have now..

Be creative. Embarrass Houston a little. There's lots of ways to get a player back in line without kicking him off the team for good.

chef dixon
I'm a Ndoye fan. Seems like a good kid. And believe it or not, we actually do need him on the team this season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
What does it matter how high Houston can jump..I never saw him do anything that would give me a hint that he was going to be great. I trust the coaching staff over outsiders that just see him as athletic and that he can jump high...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2015, 01:14 PM
at least until Holman comes back.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 01:18 PM
What does it matter how high Houston can jump

Well it is basketball so that's pretty much like asking why does it matter that the pitcher can throw 105 mph in baseball? Houston has a lot of talent besides being able to touch the top of the backboard.

djaymsu5
12-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Howland ain't got time for that shit. He's trying to build something here and if Houston doesn't want to buy in then he needs to go. His negative attitude will just bring everyone else down and if you don't get rid of the cancer it only gets worse. He wants kids that are going to buy into what he's teaching them and if they don't want then they can move on. It's not like this is the first time it's happened before this stuff happens with programs all over the country every year. It's apart of it. Houston needs to grow up!

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Howland ain't got time for that shit. He's trying to build something here and if Houston doesn't want to buy in then he needs to go. His negative attitude will just bring everyone else down and if you don't get rid of the cancer it only gets worse. He wants kids that are going to buy into what he's teaching them and if they don't want then they can move on. It's not like this is the first time it's happened before this stuff happens with programs all over the country every year. It's apart of it. Houston needs to grow up!

Yea lets KILL HOUSTON!!!!! Awesome!!! Oh hi Elijah you just showed up yesterday and want a spot on the team? Sure no problem. Hold on let me take this phone call from your high school football coach.

defiantdog
12-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Yea lets KILL HOUSTON!!!!! Awesome!!! Oh hi Elijah you just showed up yesterday and want a spot on the team? Sure no problem. Hold on let me take this phone call from your high school football coach.

Houston had every opportunity to remain on the team

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't know Houston from Adam but he's just a true sophomore and maybe he's never had a strong male figure in his life before? It seems a little hypocritical to award Ndoye all the compassion in the world yet kill Houston at the same time. I want Houston back on the team. Gene Hackman let the mouthy kid back on. Ben Howland can do the same. There's infinite other ways to teach a kid before kicking him out the door.

Here is what you're missing. This wasn't Houston's 1st time being in trouble with Howland. He's had chance after chance but it just wasn't working out. You keep bringing up Ndoye but Fallou hasn't been constantly in trouble & a headache for the coaching staff. Also Houston is a great athlete but he isn't a good basketball player right now. If you're disposable you better damn well not be a cancer & a knuckle head. I don't know what else to say.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2015, 02:00 PM

Geez bro...did you run out of Midol? We get it.. you love Houston....OR is that you Houston??

Irondawg
12-03-2015, 02:31 PM
I did like Tookie - averaging 14 points a game for Georgia Southern although only on 37% shooting. Where did Oliver black end up again?

RiverCityDawg
12-03-2015, 02:46 PM

By your own admission, you don't know dick about the situation yet you're claiming it should be handled differently. How can you be so openly ignorant and judgmental at the same time?

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 04:31 PM
By your own admission, you don't know dick about the situation yet you're claiming it should be handled differently. How can you be so openly ignorant and judgmental at the same time?

And you don't know I'm wrong. But we do know one of our best athletes and highest upside players is now gone.

MCsMGs
12-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I did like Tookie - averaging 14 points a game for Georgia Southern although only on 37% shooting. Where did Oliver black end up again?

I thought he went to Arkansas-Little Rock. Haven't followed up on him myself....

mic
12-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Here is what you're missing. This wasn't Houston's 1st time being in trouble with Howland. He's had chance after chance but it just wasn't working out. You keep bringing up Ndoye but Fallou hasn't been constantly in trouble & a headache for the coaching staff. Also Houston is a great athlete but he isn't a good basketball player right now. If you're disposable you better damn well not be a cancer & a knuckle head. I don't know what else to say.

Nothing ... It's pretty clear...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2015, 04:48 PM
And you don't know I'm wrong. But we do know one of our best athletes and highest upside players is now gone.

Have you seen what Howland did for the 2016 class...without coaching a game? I think he might can replace Demetrius Houston.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 04:49 PM

Tookie Brown
14.4 ppg 2.3 rbg 3.6 apg 2.1 spg .370 fg% .348 3pt% .830 ft% (scored 26 vs The Citadel including 11-15 ft)

Malik Newman
11.0 ppg 2.7 rpg 2.5 apg 0.5 spg .381 fg% .297 3pt% .538 ft% (not fully healthy)

Tookie should be playing for MSU right now.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Have you seen what Howland did for the 2016 class...without coaching a game? I think he might can replace Demetrius Houston.

I'm sure he will. I love Howland but that doesn't mean he's perfect. Trimming the fat will always bring discussion guys. Especially if there's bigger fat still on the team than what just got trimmed.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2015, 05:23 PM
I'm sure he will. I love Howland but that doesn't mean he's perfect. Trimming the fat will always bring discussion guys. Especially if there's bigger fat still on the team than what just got trimmed.

Normally I agree but this fat cut himself. If he would've done what was asked like everybody else on the team he'd still be here & playing. Hard to feel bad for a kid in that situation.

BullDog
12-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Tookie Brown
14.4 ppg 2.3 rbg 3.6 apg 2.1 spg .370 fg% .348 3pt% .830 ft% (scored 26 vs The Citadel including 11-15 ft)

Malik Newman
11.0 ppg 2.7 rpg 2.5 apg 0.5 spg .381 fg% .297 3pt% .538 ft% (not fully healthy)

Tookie should be playing for MSU right now.

AMEN!

Percho
12-03-2015, 05:43 PM
I thought he went to Arkansas-Little Rock. Haven't followed up on him myself....

Sitting out this year there.

preachermatt83
12-03-2015, 05:53 PM

Ha!! Hackman!! Awesome! #HoosiersReference

tcdog70
12-03-2015, 07:32 PM

Damn 61, I'm usually with you on round ball but you've kinda gone overboard on Houston. I'm going with Ben knows what the **** he is doing. Several sources have said Houston is a problem, Ben is giving Him tough love, he can get with the program or hit the bricks. I'm all in with Howland. If he says a chicken dips snuff I'm looking under the wing for a skoal can

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Damn 61, I'm usually with you on round ball but you've kinda gone overboard on Houston. I'm going with Ben knows what the **** he is doing. Several sources have said Houston is a problem, Ben is giving Him tough love, he can get with the program or hit the bricks. I'm all in with Howland. If he says a chicken dips snuff I'm looking under the wing for a skoal can

Houston has already been cut. Did you read the first page at all? Houston isn't the problem. The problem is this is now the THIRD basketball player to get cut meanwhile there's a steaming pile still allowed to stay. Trimming the fat is a necessary evil. We all know that. However it becomes counterproductive to trim the fat repeatedly when you've left the biggest hunk of fat on the whole loin left to fester. All of you are backing Howland on this because well he's pretty much been awesome since taking over but you're one player away from not being cool with it at all. That's what yall are missing. Suppose for a second that the next player to go is Q. Ndoye stays and Spoon gets cut. Then every single person on this board would be losing their shit. Tookie is having a better freshman season than Spoon. Tookie is already cut. Black is already cut. Now Houston is already cut. Ndoye however is not cut. Ndoye is by far and away the worst player on the team. If the trimming must continue and we all know it has to then Ndoye MUST BE THE NEXT TO GO. He can still play basketball for MSU. He just can no longer do it on a basketball scholarship. Think outside the box if he must stay. Give him a different scholarship. Elijah has a football scholarship so he doesn't count against the basketball's thirteen allotted. Give Ndoye a golf scholarship for all I care. It just can no longer be a basketball one. Not if BH is going to continue cutting much much much better basketball players.

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Something tells me that Dawg61 has never played a sport in his life.

Players who do not get with the program, who don't do what they are told, who don't show up, who talk back to the coaching staff (all while contributing very little in the actual game) will always get cut.

Bringing Staley into the discussion is just asinine. What does Staley have to do with Houston? NOTHING! It's not as if Howland cut Houston for Staley, though you probably somehow think that.

Bottom line. It's first year. Howland is working with what he's got plus a couple of players he recruited/kept on the board. Ndoye does what he's asked, we need another big man so that Gavin can have some kind of breather. Staley might get some minutes if he does what he is told and stays healthy. Houston, by all accounts, was not on board and will not be a part of the team as long as he keeps that attitude (granted he probably won't be back at this point regardless). You can't do anything with someone who isn't willing to follow the plan.

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Houston has already been cut. Did you read the first page at all? Houston isn't the problem. The problem is this is now the THIRD basketball player to get cut meanwhile there's a steaming pile still allowed to stay. Trimming the fat is a necessary evil. We all know that. However it becomes counterproductive to trim the fat repeatedly when you've left the biggest hunk of fat on the whole loin left to fester. All of you are backing Howland on this because well he's pretty much been awesome since taking over but you're one player away from not being cool with it at all. That's what yall are missing. Suppose for a second that the next player to go is Q. Ndoye stays and Spoon gets cut. Then every single person on this board would be losing their shit. Tookie is having a better freshman season than Spoon. Tookie is already cut. Black is already cut. Now Houston is already cut. Ndoye however is not cut. Ndoye is by far and away the worst player on the team. If the trimming must continue and we all know it has to then Ndoye MUST BE THE NEXT TO GO. He can still play basketball for MSU. He just can no longer do it on a basketball scholarship. Think outside the box if he must stay. Give him a different scholarship. Elijah has a football scholarship so he doesn't count against the basketball's thirteen allotted. Give Ndoye a golf scholarship for all I care. It just can no longer be a basketball one. Not if BH is going to continue cutting much much much better basketball players.

You are really getting this upset about one year that we all knew was going to be a struggle regardless of who went or stayed? Seriously...

Political Hack
12-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Texas Southern didn't have a guy over 6'6". Wouldn't have made any sense to play Ndoye.

That statement kills me, because it's true. Typically you'd want to take advantage of that by sending someone with N'Doye's height in.

If he keeps working hard and being a great locker room guy, keep him on. He'll slowly develop and accept his role. You need guys like that too. I wish he could improve his footwork a me gain more weight, but that may be more than is doable.

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:10 PM
That statement kills me, because it's true. Typically you'd want to take advantage of that by sending someone with N'Doye's height in.

If he keeps working hard and being a great locker room guy, keep him on. He'll slowly develop and accept his role. You need guys like that too. I wish he could improve his footwork a me gain more weight, but that may be more than is doable.

He put on a little weight over this past off season and his foot work has improved marginally (not that that takes much), but he can't guard anyone. He's just too slow. However, he's all we've got, and as long as he is buying into the program, I have no problem with him staying (I'm talking about this year specifically...the future is a different topic).

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Something tells me that Dawg61 has never played a sport in his life.

Players who do not get with the program, who don't do what they are told, who don't show up, who talk back to the coaching staff (all while contributing very little in the actual game) will always get cut.

Bringing Staley into the discussion is just asinine. What does Staley have to do with Houston? NOTHING! It's not as if Howland cut Houston for Staley, though you probably somehow think that.

Bottom line. It's first year. Howland is working with what he's got plus a couple of players he recruited/kept on the board. Ndoye does what he's asked, we need another big man so that Gavin can have some kind of breather. Staley might get some minutes if he does what he is told and stays healthy. Houston, by all accounts, was not on board and will not be a part of the team as long as he keeps that attitude (granted he probably won't be back at this point regardless). You can't do anything with someone who isn't willing to follow the plan.

All reports? What reports? I had to start this thread to get any news at all on Houston. There's isn't some history of Houston being a **** up anywhere. All we have gotten as a "report" is IYOK telling us "I don't expect Houston will be back next year". THAT'S IT. Next we here he has been suspended right before Puerto Rico. Then nothing till today when I had to ASK. There's been no detailed list or examples ever of Houston being a **** up. Just one poster saying he's a problem. No examples. No evidence.

I brought up Staley because he's an example of how you have a basketball player playing basketball for you yet isn't a walk-on and isn't counting towards your thirteen scholarships. Did you roid rage out while reading my post? It's fairly straight forward. Read it again Schwarzenegger.

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:19 PM
All reports? What reports? I had to start this thread to get any news at all on Houston. There's isn't some history of Houston being a **** up anywhere. All we have gotten as a "report" is IYOK telling us "I don't expect Houston will be back next year". THAT'S IT. Next we here he has been suspended right before Puerto Rico. Then nothing till today when I had to ASK. There's been no detailed list or examples ever of Houston being a **** up. Just one poster saying he's a problem. No examples. No evidence.

I brought up Staley because he's an example of how you have a basketball player playing basketball for you yet isn't a walk-on and isn't counting towards your thirteen scholarships. Did you roid rage out while reading my post? It's fairly straight forward. Read it again Schwarzenegger.

You just can't help yourself, can you? lol

I love your "I haven't been proven wrong; therefore, I am probably right" attitude.

It's more your belief that you somehow know better than the coaching staff that is laughable.

pilldawg
12-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Ndoye is our only other Center body that can come in and guard and give fouls if needed to protect Ware if he gets in foul trouble. Get in the game, hack other bigs to keep them from scoring and protect Ware when he is in foul trouble. You've got to have that player too.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 11:21 PM
You are really getting this upset about one year that we all knew was going to be a struggle regardless of who went or stayed? Seriously...

I'm not upset at all. I'm more annoyed than anything. Still very happy with Howland and the direction of the MSU basketball program. I do think he's making a mistake here though. He's let compassion for Ndoye make him unfair in his trimming process. It wouldn't annoy me so much if Ndoye wasn't ****ing awful at basketball or if it was just one player. Three good players one of which might be damn good tends to annoy me though. Again if the players where Weatherspoon, Holman and Sword everyone on this board would be losing their shit instead of just me. The gap in talent is closer between those three and the three just cut is a whole lot more closer than the gap between Ndoye and anyone else on the team.

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:22 PM

This is the post that I was referring to about Staley. Not the more logical one that you followed up with when I guess you sobered up a little.

mic
12-03-2015, 11:23 PM

Then STFU about CBH cutting bait with Houston. If he wasn't a **** up and / or a cancer and he could help the team I'm sure a multi final four coach would have found a way to make it work..

Dawg61
You just can't help yourself, can you? lol

I love your "I haven't been proven wrong; therefore, I am probably right" attitude.

It's more your belief that you somehow know better than the coaching staff that is laughable.

You just totally changed the narrative. You put down a retarded paragraph and now are changing it to something else. Go drink some more steroids meat head.

mstatefan91
I'm not upset at all. I'm more annoyed than anything. Still very happy with Howland and the direction of the MSU basketball program. I do think he's making a mistake here though. He's let compassion for Ndoye make him unfair in his trimming process. It wouldn't annoy me so much if Ndoye wasn't ****ing awful at basketball or if it was just one player. Three good players one of which might be damn good tends to annoy me though. Again if the players where Weatherspoon, Holman and Sword everyone on this board would be losing their shit instead of just me. The gap in talent is closer between those three and the three just cut is a whole lot more closer than the gap between Ndoye and anyone else on the team.

But you keep acting like Howland cut Houston for shits and giggles. Like he did it just to flip you off personally. Why is this so personal for you? Genuinely curious?

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:24 PM

You just totally changed the narrative. You put down a retarded paragraph and now are changing it to something else. Go drink some more steroids meat head.
Exactly what narrative have I changed? Here it is in your own words

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:26 PM

The fact that you think you drink steroids lololololol

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 11:27 PM
This is the post that I was referring to about Staley. Not the more logical one that you followed up with when I guess you sobered up a little.

How you gonna kick off cancer yesterday and allow someone who got kicked off their HS team for being a cancer today? I'm not calling Staley that but his high school football coach sure did and he kicked him off the HS football team for it. The #1 QB in Georgia. Kicked off for being a cancer. So in essence Howland kicked off cancer yesterday and added cancer today. And Ndoye survives it all. It's ****ing dumb dude. How can you not see that?

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:30 PM
How you gonna kick off cancer yesterday and allow someone who got kicked off their HS team for being a cancer today? I'm not calling Staley that but his high school football coach sure did and he kicked him off the HS football team for it. The #1 QB in Georgia. Kicked off for being a cancer. So in essence Howland kicked off cancer yesterday and added cancer today. And Ndoye survives it all. It's ****ing dumb dude. How can you not see that?

If Staley proves to be cancer to the team (as I will admit he was in high school) then Howland should kick him off as well. But Staley is 2 or 3 years removed from that now. I doubt he has the same attitude (though he could). If it comes out that Staley is a cancer to the locker room but doesn't get kicked off then you can start the bitch fest and I will be there with you.

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Edit mother****ers

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:35 PM
It isn't personal for me. You annoy me. You're like one giant roided out gnat buzzing in my ****ing ear all the time. Every thread. Piss off roided out gnat.

You never learned a very important lesson that was taught to most children. Can you tell me what that is? Actually, if you don't tell me what that is then I'll know you were taught it but just don't live by it.

Also, have you not noticed that everyone in this thread disagrees with you? HMMM

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 11:38 PM
You never learned a very important lesson that was taught to most children. Can you tell me what that is? Actually, if you don't tell me what that is then I'll know you were taught it but just don't live by it.

That you suck dick for a hobby? Nope my parents didn't tell me that.

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:39 PM
That you suck dick for a hobby? Nope my parents didn't tell me that.

https://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Ya+got+me+_dc3792b6c1058ea9ec8a4a4d39aeb02e.jpg

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Everyone disagrees with Dawg61, but I'm just targeting him because you know...whatever

Have a good night. I'll find something else to piss you off about tomorrow. It's fairly easy. Don't even have to try.

ZedFedder
12-03-2015, 11:42 PM
Dawg61, your posts are some of the most ignorant that I have seen in a long time. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. YOU CANNOT MAKE A JUDGMENT ON THIS. Gahlee, I don't usually get upset about message board posts but you have got to be a moron.

mic
12-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Lock this shit down...
It shouldn't have gotten past page one..

Dawg61
12-03-2015, 11:51 PM
Dawg61, your posts are some of the most ignorant that I have seen in a long time. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. YOU CANNOT MAKE A JUDGMENT ON THIS. Gahlee, I don't usually get upset about message board posts but you have got to be a moron.

Thanks