PDA

View Full Version : Today is one of the worst days in MSU football history

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:08 AM
We NEED Dan to leave- for his sake and for our sake.

People can spout all of the MSU football history that they want to- the fact of the matter is we have a coach that doesn't want to be here, is entitled, and doesn't get along with many of the big donors. And then we have an AD who won't do anything about it other than sit back and hope it all works out somehow. Basically the only thing Dan cares about at this point is his money that we are going to pay him. He doesn't care about anything else at this point. And go buy a ticket and go to the game if you don't believe me.

What does it say that your name is mentioned for job after job and then you get passed over for two assistants that have ZERO head coaching experience much less SEC head coaching experience?

Anyone that thinks that Dan staying somehow equals "program stability" is completely clueless at this point. What is going to happen is we are going to dig ourselves into a hole and we aren't going anywhere until something happens where we are given no choice but to fire Dan. 6-6 might very well be our ceiling next year. Think about that.

I love Nick Fitzgerald's upside- but we don't know if he can even come close to Dak in terms of leadership. Can he take over a game like Dak can at times? Who knows- but probably not. We're still going to run Holloway up the middle while our more talented backs watch and work on "their finer points of the game". Receivers should be good, but with Hevesy back I don't foresee any improvement on the o-line. He's not going to start anyone over Desper as long as Desper is healthy, and we're still going to have people out of position.

And then on defense, we're losing Chris Jones and Ryan Brown at a minimum- and possibly Nick James. All huge losses, but we'll be solid at LB. Of course we'll start Coman and Cleveland and they'll continue to get torched and or run over. So, we're going to be worse on defense everywhere except for LB- thanks for quitting Zach so we could upgrade.

So unless some miracle happens I expect it to get pretty ugly next year. I just wish we had someone in the AD with some balls to fix this shit. They'll figure it out when people stop showing up. Or we lose to someone like UMass because we don't have a coach that gives a shit.

K9 Avenger
12-03-2015, 12:16 AM
"Mr. Todd4State...Mr. Todd4State, your lithium prescription is ready for pickup"...

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:17 AM
"Mr. Todd4State...Mr. Todd4State, your lithium prescription is ready for pickup"...

You'll see what I'm talking about by this time next year- or earlier.

smootness
12-03-2015, 12:18 AM
This is becoming insufferable, man. You post it in every thread, and now you're starting your own threads just to say it some more. We get it, you don't want Mullen here anymore. Noted.

Bucky Dog
12-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Todd, I have liked a lot of your posts, especially around baseball, but I have to say you need to take a break and chill the **** out! You have taken this way too personally and it is coming across like your wife has been banging another dude and you want to divorce her. Now I'm not saying Mullen has done everything right or whatever, but I also get that now was the perfect time for a guy like him to strike with all of the prime jobs open. I actually don't blame him, but again, has it gone down exactly the right way? No. Did he possibly have words with Keenan or Strick? Who knows, but again, if he did most people who are confident in themselves would say FU I don't need this and start looking.

He started looking and no one wanted him, with his salary demands, his attitude, or whatever. But now he probably realized that his shit does stink and he has it pretty damn good in Starkvile. Dan would be stupid NOT to reset his mind, assuming everything played out like you and Coach 34 say, and commit himself to making MSU the best place possible and taking us to the next step. Why can he not become our Frank Beamer? Have some perspective on all of this and give the guy a break. He will re focus, go get some great recruits and OWN this job he has. Hail State!

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 12:20 AM
really?

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 12:21 AM
This is becoming insufferable, man. You post it in every thread, and now you're starting your own threads just to say it some more. We get it, you don't want Mullen here anymore. Noted.

gonna get tired of writing these essays eventually you'd think if nothing else

SDDawg
12-03-2015, 12:23 AM
@Todd I wrote the "nightmare" post on this scenario on Sunday, but a few things have come to light:

1. Dan isn't running from Starkville, he could have had the Maryland job and never interviewed per Stricklin.
2. Miami talked to him, he was 3rd on their board. That situation is now closed.

Literally nothing else is confirmed, although his agent shopped his name. Yes, he wants his name out there. Job season is going to be up in a few days and Dan will still be here. So what's next? Simple: Dan needs to win the bowl game and close strong on NSD. If he does those things, we're fine. If he doesn't, we're screwed. But you won't really know where we stand for about another month on the bowl and another 5 weeks until signing day. So here's what we should do: let these things play out. Bottom line, donors will forgive Dan if he delivers. Recruits don't care about message boards or backroom bullshit - all they see is that people said Dan was going to leave and he stayed. And he can say that it's been the same every year, which is true. Let's have the man do his job and see if he can improve. At this point, there's literally nothing else we can do and we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt given how wrong the Maryland reports were.

smootness
12-03-2015, 12:27 AM
I mean, if somebody didn't know anything about our football program or athletics in general, they'd read that and go, man, that sounds like a train wreck. What did they do this year? Collapse into a disaster? Why didn't they fire a guy doing that poorly? And with an AD like that, their athletic department must be in shambles.

What's that? They went to the Orange Bowl last year, won 8 this year, and their athletic department is in the best shape it's ever been in? Hmm.....

PendingTransaction
12-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Todd, I totally agree. For all the "building" that he has done in seven years, it will all crumble in the next seven months. Many think that this will autocorrect and be an afterthought in a few weeks. But there will be serious ramifications. Mullen has screwed up and firing Sallach or Hughes won't fix it!

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Todd, I have liked a lot of your posts, especially around baseball, but I have to say you need to take a break and chill the **** out! You have taken this way too personally and it is coming across like your wife has been banging another dude and you want to divorce her. Now I'm not saying Mullen has done everything right or whatever, but I also get that now was the perfect time for a guy like him to strike with all of the prime jobs open. I actually don't blame him, but again, has it gone down exactly the right way? No. Did he possibly have words with Keenan or Strick? Who knows, but again, if he did most people who are confident in themselves would say FU I don't need this and start looking.

He started looking and no one wanted him, with his salary demands, his attitude, or whatever. But now he probably realized that his shit does stink and he has it pretty damn good in Starkvile. Dan would be stupid NOT to reset his mind, assuming everything played out like you and Coach 34 say, and commit himself to making MSU the best place possible and taking us to the next step. Why can he not become our Frank Beamer? Have some perspective on all of this and give the guy a break. He will re focus, go get some great recruits and OWN this job he has. Hail State!

Very little he has done in the past has indicated that he would change his attitude. I'm not sure why you would expect that in year eight?

PassInterference
12-03-2015, 12:30 AM
Todd is overreacting.

Dan was looking for a step up. No big deal. Doesn't mean he is unhappy here.

I'm not unhappy in my job, but I still keep an eye out for other opportunities. It would be stupid not to.

Most of all, Dan is a smart guy. He is not going to stink it up here and coach himself into a move to Memphis or Tulsa.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:32 AM
@Todd I wrote the "nightmare" post on this scenario on Sunday, but a few things have come to light:

1. Dan isn't running from Starkville, he could have had the Maryland job and never interviewed per Stricklin.
2. Miami talked to him, he was 3rd on their board. That situation is now closed.

Literally nothing else is confirmed, although his agent shopped his name. Yes, he wants his name out there. Job season is going to be up in a few days and Dan will still be here. So what's next? Simple: Dan needs to win the bowl game and close strong on NSD. If he does those things, we're fine. If he doesn't, we're screwed. But you won't really know where we stand for about another month on the bowl and another 5 weeks until signing day. So here's what we should do: let these things play out. Bottom line, donors will forgive Dan if he delivers. Recruits don't care about message boards or backroom bullshit - all they see is that people said Dan was going to leave and he stayed. And he can say that it's been the same every year, which is true. Let's have the man do his job and see if he can improve. At this point, there's literally nothing else we can do and we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt given how wrong the Maryland reports were.

Unless we play a very marginal bowl team, I would be surprised if we won. I agree with you that donors and what not would forgive if Dan delivers. I just don't see it playing out like that.

I'm not worried about our recruiting class either one way or the other.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:34 AM
I mean, if somebody didn't know anything about our football program or athletics in general, they'd read that and go, man, that sounds like a train wreck. What did they do this year? Collapse into a disaster? Why didn't they fire a guy doing that poorly? And with an AD like that, their athletic department must be in shambles.

What's that? They went to the Orange Bowl last year, won 8 this year, and their athletic department is in the best shape it's ever been in? Hmm.....

Ummm...no. The best shape it has been was when Byrne was here.

We're not a complete train wreck yet. But I'm in the distance a mile away and I can see the two trains headed towards each other.

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2015, 12:34 AM

People can spout all of the MSU football history that they want to- the fact of the matter is we have a coach that doesn't want to be here, is entitled, and doesn't get along with many of the big donors. And then we have an AD who won't do anything about it other than sit back and hope it all works out somehow. Basically the only thing Dan cares about at this point is his money that we are going to pay him. He doesn't care about anything else at this point. And go buy a ticket and go to the game if you don't believe me.

What does it say that your name is mentioned for job after job and then you get passed over for two assistants that have ZERO head coaching experience much less SEC head coaching experience?

Anyone that thinks that Dan staying somehow equals "program stability" is completely clueless at this point. What is going to happen is we are going to dig ourselves into a hole and we aren't going anywhere until something happens where we are given no choice but to fire Dan. 6-6 might very well be our ceiling next year. Think about that.

I love Nick Fitzgerald's upside- but we don't know if he can even come close to Dak in terms of leadership. Can he take over a game like Dak can at times? Who knows- but probably not. We're still going to run Holloway up the middle while our more talented backs watch and work on "their finer points of the game". Receivers should be good, but with Hevesy back I don't foresee any improvement on the o-line. He's not going to start anyone over Desper as long as Desper is healthy, and we're still going to have people out of position.

And then on defense, we're losing Chris Jones and Ryan Brown at a minimum- and possibly Nick James. All huge losses, but we'll be solid at LB. Of course we'll start Coman and Cleveland and they'll continue to get torched and or run over. So, we're going to be worse on defense everywhere except for LB- thanks for quitting Zach so we could upgrade.

So unless some miracle happens I expect it to get pretty ugly next year. I just wish we had someone in the AD with some balls to fix this shit. They'll figure it out when people stop showing up. Or we lose to someone like UMass because we don't have a coach that gives a shit.

Todd... dude you have fully gone off the deep end. Step back and let it go...

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Todd... dude you have fully gone off the deep end. Step back and let it go...

Venting is part of "letting it go". I just hate to see us in this spot right now- and seeing what seems to be like an impending decline.

smootness
12-03-2015, 12:41 AM

We're not a complete train wreck yet. But I'm in the distance a mile away and I can see the two trains headed towards each other.

Please explain to me how we were better then.

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2015, 12:44 AM
Venting is part of "letting it go". I just hate to see us in this spot right now- and seeing what seems to be like an impending decline.

You are acting like we just got stuck with Croom.
Look if anything, Dan will be here 2 more years.. because Noone is likely to hire him next year while we are down in a rebuilding mode. Possibly but
if the jobs he was interested in didn't think he was qualified enough yet... He has to put up another 10 win season and Beat Bama or LSU again to show last year wasnt a fluke.

Who knows who we get matched up with in a Bowl game but hopefully with any distractions gone now he buckles down and sends Dak off right.

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 12:44 AM

in what spot exactly? possibly a 9 win team - were gonna lose some key guys but so does everyone. we have 2 damn good young QBs to come in and see what they can do. we might not be as good next year as the previous 2 - part of it. and all this rumor shit with Dan with have absolutely nothing to do with any of it - good or bad.

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2015, 12:46 AM

You are talking crazy todd. You are saying Scott should fire Dan for this season and then looking around. That would be the WORST move in MSU History if it happened. It would be our Cutcliffe... Bower.... but worse.

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 12:47 AM
You are talking crazy todd. You are saying Scott should fire Dan for this season and then looking around. That would be the WORST move in MSU History if it happened. It would be our Cutcliffe... Bower.... but worse.

that's the real nightmare scenario.

cheewgumm
12-03-2015, 12:48 AM
I just wish he'd recruit better.

Our OL has to be good. 10 sacks in one game?!?!?? WTH!!!

Actually I get your point, but he's gonna be here as long as he wants wining 8 games even if we don't beat many( any) good teams. Good news is we have to schedule 1 P5 team OOC now so maybe that ends the guaranteed 4-0. We will have to improve ir lose.

We as a fanbase red to put more pressure on coaches to recruit better. Don t give me that development crap after watching this OL this year. Garbage.

Beaver
12-03-2015, 12:50 AM
Unless we play a very marginal bowl team, I would be surprised if we won.

Have fun rooting against your own team to push your agenda.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 12:56 AM
Well I don't know who those assistant coaches that got jobs over Mullen are. Richt? No. Mullen wasn't in on the Maryland job despite what some fan poster on the Terps site said. We have been told time and time again on here that you can't take a sitting SEC head coach to another SEC school in football. It still hasn't happened since Tubbs and Smart is who Georgia wanted as their first choice. They didn't interview anyone else.

Financially we are better on revenue and profit since Byrne left. Don't understand why you think otherwise on that either.

I know you are frustrated, we all do. Hopefully this gets it out of your system.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:05 AM
Please explain to me how we were better then.

We had a football coach that actually wanted to be here and had a team that actually played with relentless effort for starters.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Have fun rooting against your own team to push your agenda.

I won't pull against MSU no matter how bad the situation is. The most I'll do is not show up or show up less.

But you have fun while we rebuild in a couple of years. Unfortunately we'll all be in the same boat together.

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2015, 01:10 AM
Fine...Todd.
We have a head coach. Thats not changing likely.

What are your demands for him to change to be better in your opinion....

chef dixon
12-03-2015, 01:13 AM
I am so tired of this "doesn't want to be here" line. This is what women do. They draw conclusions about their man without first hand evidence. "You went and watched the game and had beers with your friends instead of hang out with me and watch netflix, you don't love me anymore!" Half our fanbase are being women.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:14 AM

It's not just the looking around- I can actually tolerate that to a large degree. It's more about how the team performs in big games- from poor game plans to over-conservative play calling, how Dan doesn't seem to care anymore, the baffling personnel decisions, being allowed to keep his friends around even though they are holding out team and program back big time in the form of Hevesy and Sallach.

Those are things that = dissention that usually in turn = decline.

I understand the how and why Dan shouldn't be fired based on the on the field record- but I don't see things getting better which eventually WILL lead to him getting fired. Which is why I said it would be best for all if he left now and not said that he should be fired. But I'm at the point now where I just don't think he ever will leave on his own which means that the only way out is to fire him.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Dear God. What the **** has happened to you, Todd?

I keep hoping you're going to say someone hacked your account for the last 8-12 months.

preachermatt83
12-03-2015, 01:26 AM
Dan dang well better do these things...

1- Beat OM
2- Recruit Better
3- beat OM
4- Go to bowl
5- Beat OM

And for Goodness sakes fire Hevesy

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Fine...Todd.
We have a head coach. Thats not changing likely.

What are your demands for him to change to be better in your opinion....

1. He needs to fire Hevesy at a minimum. This would actually fix a lot of our problems I believe assuming we make a good hire.
2. Place more emphasis on the Egg Bowl like he used to- and by that I mean bring back the Countdown Clock, bring back the Egg Bowl uniforms and stop treating it like it's just another game.
3. He needs to win a game over an 9-10 win SEC team at least once every two years.
4. Utilize our personnel more creatively and logically. More Malik Dear for example- and not just limit him to "slot WR". He can play both. Have someone that is a FB. If we're having trouble blocking- bring in a FB or a TE to help- stop going 4-5 wide and asking our five that are struggling to keep blocking without any help. Stop running Dak up the middle on third and seven and then act shocked that it didn't work.
5. Play our younger players more earlier in the season to try to get them ready for the end of the season. No reason why Peters shouldn't have played at least 15 snaps against USM and then gone ahead from there.
6. Find players that play with more energy and are not soft. And play them rather than choke their emotion out of them. We were outhit several times this year- and that is unacceptable. And I believe that is a reflection of the head coach.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 01:29 AM
It's not just the looking around- I can actually tolerate that to a large degree. It's more about how the team performs in big games- from poor game plans to over-conservative play calling, how Dan doesn't seem to care anymore, the baffling personnel decisions, being allowed to keep his friends around even though they are holding out team and program back big time in the form of Hevesy and Sallach.

Those are things that = dissention that usually in turn = decline.

I understand the how and why Dan shouldn't be fired based on the on the field record- but I don't see things getting better which eventually WILL lead to him getting fired. Which is why I said it would be best for all if he left now and not said that he should be fired. But I'm at the point now where I just don't think he ever will leave on his own which means that the only way out is to fire him.

Well if the looking around is not that big of a deal, then the rest of that is a projection just like many were doing in 2013. Just copy and paste from back then. And don't give me the "if you can't see it" line. It was used then as well. And there projections were wrong. Will we have a decline? Yes. Next year? Possibility. But time and time again this coach has proved the pundits wrong on the body of our season. Nearly every single year we finish better than we are projected. I want the ceiling to increase. I want to upset more teams. Our floor is higher right now. But I also recognize it was a 10 year build. But projecting a demise in the team and a collapse can't be judged yet.

smootness
12-03-2015, 01:32 AM
We had a football coach that actually wanted to be here and had a team that actually played with relentless effort for starters.

:facepalm:

Sorry, I thought you actually had a legit reason to say that. I didn't realize this sudden hatred for Mullen has clouded literally everything for you.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:37 AM
Dear God. What the **** has happened to you, Todd?

I keep hoping you're going to say someone hacked your account for the last 8-12 months.

Whether you want to admit it or not- I have been right for the most part the last 8-12 months. I didn't get a chance to respond to one of your posts since the thread got locked- but I said Dixon should play only because we didn't have a FB- something Dan apparently has forgotten about since Hanrahan graduated. You can't call me out about a guy that left the team in the offseason. You tried to call me out about Jenkins which I thought was odd given he ended up being one of our better OT's- and eventually started at the end of the year. And as far as Gray- he looked great on the outside against Sun Belt/C-USA competition- but like I said before his height became an issue in SEC play. He needs to be in the slot, and I'm not sure why you think I'm wrong since Dan refuses to put him there so that we can definitively see. He can still be a lethal deep threat in the slot- and probably even moreso since he has an even better chance of outrunning a safety or a LB.

Right about Coman, right about Lee although Holloway did well when actually used properly and not running up the gut, right about Zach Jackson being our worst player on defense and saying that Gray should start over him, right about Bryant over Market,.

Now I wasn't right about everything- but I did pretty well for the most part.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Well if the looking around is not that big of a deal, then the rest of that is a projection just like many were doing in 2013. Just copy and paste from back then. And don't give me the "if you can't see it" line. It was used then as well. And there projections were wrong. Will we have a decline? Yes. Next year? Possibility. But time and time again this coach has proved the pundits wrong on the body of our season. Nearly every single year we finish better than we are projected. I want the ceiling to increase. I want to upset more teams. Our floor is higher right now. But I also recognize it was a 10 year build. But projecting a demise in the team and a collapse can't be judged yet.

Well, he's proved Finebaum wrong. Great. Most of us thought that they were wrong too and idiots- and they were. Our standard for how our season is measured shouldn't be defined by the media who mixes us up with Ole Miss at least 10% of the time.

And as far as 2013- that doesn't mean anything. It's pretty much the same argument as the people in 2002 that thought that Jackie could turn it around. IMO it's more difficult to keep turning things around again and again.

SDDawg
12-03-2015, 01:45 AM
@Todd: Hevesy is the one who knocks, bro. He is not going anywhere.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:46 AM
:facepalm:

Sorry, I thought you actually had a legit reason to say that. I didn't realize this sudden hatred for Mullen has clouded literally everything for you.

I don't hate Mullen. I just think it's time for a change. And I would prefer not to rebuild or tarnish what Dan has done in the process if possible.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 01:48 AM
@Todd: Hevesy is the one who knocks, bro. He is not going anywhere.

I know. I don't expect it. But he needs to leave.

smootness
12-03-2015, 01:49 AM
Well, he's proved Finebaum wrong. Great. Most of us thought that they were wrong too and idiots- and they were. Our standard for how our season is measured shouldn't be defined by the media who mixes us up with Ole Miss at least 10% of the time.

And as far as 2013- that doesn't mean anything. It's pretty much the same argument as the people in 2002 that thought that Jackie could turn it around. IMO it's more difficult to keep turning things around again and again.

There's nothing to turn around, dude. There will always be ups and downs, but the program overall has been trending up since Mullen got here. He hasn't had to turn it around since then. Sherrill completely lost the program. Two entirely different scenarios.

And to just briefly mention Gray, the guy looked pretty great every time he was given an opportunity. And most of those came on the outside. His height isn't what you usually see in guys on the outside because most can't handle it. Some can, Antonio Brown being the most obvious. I think Gray can as well.

BeardoMSU
12-03-2015, 01:56 AM
If today is "one of the worst days in our history", where does this rank?***

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/MissSt_Scoreboard_ad_hoc.jpg

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 01:57 AM

2002 Jackie? Man there a ton of people who thought it was time after back to back 3 win seasons. You are comparing now to that time? Not even remotely close to what people were thinking overall and the body of work...good grief. What galaxy is that a similar comparison? No, the bulk of the people were not making the same arguments. Granted some thought what he did in the past warranted consideration but his seat was flaming even from those few.

ETA. Jackie was almost let go in the mid 90's as well don't forget. His seat was hot then to. Do you cut ties with him then knowing now what took place?

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 02:03 AM

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/MissSt_Scoreboard_ad_hoc.jpg

Even worse than today. Not sure where it ranks and I don't want to torture myself figuring it out.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 02:06 AM
2002 Jackie? Man there a ton of people who thought it was time after back to back 3 win seasons. You are comparing now to that time? Not even remotely close to what people were thinking overall and the body of work...good grief. What galaxy is that a similar comparison? No, the bulk of the people were not making the same arguments. Granted some thought what he did in the past warranted consideration but his seat was flaming even from those few.

Only in terms of us holding onto a coach too long by making the argument that a coach could turn things around because he had turned things around before- yes. Even though we are not in as bad shape now as we were then. 2001 Jackie probably would be a better comparison.

bobcat91
12-03-2015, 02:07 AM
Todd, you have always been a very good poster, but you have become unhinged over internet and media b s. He talked to Georgia and was called by Miami and answered a courtesy call. That's it. The rest is bs. I'll go further, one of the cigar boys is trying to bust Mullen. Why, I have no clue, but that is where this crap is coming from. I don't know if Mullen blew him off or what, but this crap is coming from him/them. And their agenda is to use folks to spread their message that Dan needs to go. The Fans are pissed over the UM game--they have a right to be, but if I fired everyone that had a bad day or two, I'd be in rough shape. Chill out. Dan will leave in time, but hopefully we have a 8-10 win series of seasons to watch him leave from.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 02:14 AM
Whether you want to admit it or not- I have been right for the most part the last 8-12 months. I didn't get a chance to respond to one of your posts since the thread got locked- but I said Dixon should play only because we didn't have a FB- something Dan apparently has forgotten about since Hanrahan graduated. You can't call me out about a guy that left the team in the offseason. You tried to call me out about Jenkins which I thought was odd given he ended up being one of our better OT's- and eventually started at the end of the year. And as far as Gray- he looked great on the outside against Sun Belt/C-USA competition- but like I said before his height became an issue in SEC play. He needs to be in the slot, and I'm not sure why you think I'm wrong since Dan refuses to put him there so that we can definitively see. He can still be a lethal deep threat in the slot- and probably even moreso since he has an even better chance of outrunning a safety or a LB.

Right about Coman, right about Lee although Holloway did well when actually used properly and not running up the gut, right about Zach Jackson being our worst player on defense and saying that Gray should start over him, right about Bryant over Market,.

Now I wasn't right about everything- but I did pretty well for the most part.

Haha, really? First of all, I'm not saying you've lost it Bc of your predictions...you said tons of crazy shit lately that was worse.

BUT, since you brought it up...you keep claiming you were "right" about things like Jenkins, when you admitted all you'd ever seen was a Hudl video of the guy to base that expert opinion on. So before you pat yourself on the back too hard, realize that you're giving yourself credit for throwing shit against a wall and a few turds sticking...that doesn't make you "right", it makes it a turd that stuck.

And the whole thread the other night got locked Bc it took a huge turn for the worst when you claimed "Mullen clearly doesn't want to be here", and when asked how you know that, you said "I'm much better at reading people than most, and I could tell by the way Mullen acted". Seriously?

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match...I'm really not...I'm trying to advise you to read the shit you've been posting and consider sitting a few plays out Bc people are thinking you're losing it. You've always been a good poster, but the last 8-12 months or so you've seemed like a different guy.

Just trying to help, since you're reacting to one of the best times in our football history like it's a Rick Ray coaching clinic.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 02:16 AM
There's nothing to turn around, dude. There will always be ups and downs, but the program overall has been trending up since Mullen got here. He hasn't had to turn it around since then. Sherrill completely lost the program. Two entirely different scenarios.

And to just briefly mention Gray, the guy looked pretty great every time he was given an opportunity. And most of those came on the outside. His height isn't what you usually see in guys on the outside because most can't handle it. Some can, Antonio Brown being the most obvious. I think Gray can as well.

Well said. I agree

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Only in terms of us holding onto a coach too long by making the argument that a coach could turn things around because he had turned things around before- yes. Even though we are not in as bad shape now as we were then. 2001 Jackie probably would be a better comparison.

Ok. 2001 Jackie won 3 games. 3. How is that the same as Dan winning 8? I agree we held on to Jackie to long. I would have been hard pressed to bring him back because I do believe in this league you ever go 3 wins or less, the likelihood of a turn around is extremely slim. Not talking about an initial build, depending on the school, but a 3 win season is very difficult to overcome after you have been at place a few years. But I also understand some at the time wanting to give him another year after 2001 because of the previous 3 years success. You also have to consider the time as well. You didn't cut coaches lose as quickly back then. And it worked, sometimes. Even today with Kirk at Iowa, he had a 4 win season in 2012. But I'm probably making the move quicker than some. But still to project holding on too long after 8 wins...that's beyond a stretch Todd.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 02:24 AM

You rat bastard, I had almost deleted it from memory.**

This is definitely about as far as it gets from the worst time in our history. Thanks for that reminder of just how great today is, Beardo.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 02:47 AM
Haha, really? First of all, I'm not saying you've lost it Bc of your predictions...you said tons of crazy shit lately that was worse.

BUT, since you brought it up...you keep claiming you were "right" about things like Jenkins, when you admitted all you'd ever seen was a Hudl video of the guy to base that expert opinion on. So before you pat yourself on the back too hard, realize that you're giving yourself credit for throwing shit against a wall and a few turds sticking...that doesn't make you "right", it makes it a turd that stuck.

And the whole thread the other night got locked Bc it took a huge turn for the worst when you claimed "Mullen clearly doesn't want to be here", and when asked how you know that, you said "I'm much better at reading people than most, and I could tell by the way Mullen acted". Seriously?

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match...I'm really not...I'm trying to advise you to read the shit you've been posting and consider sitting a few plays out Bc people are thinking you're losing it. You've always been a good poster, but the last 8-12 months or so you've seemed like a different guy.

Just trying to help, since you're reacting to one of the best times in our football history like it's a Rick Ray coaching clinic.

Actually, I said what I did based on what Coach34 said- and gave him credit for that. And yes- I still believe that Dan doesn't really want to be here based on his actions. Time will tell again whether I am right or not.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 02:51 AM
Todd, you have always been a very good poster, but you have become unhinged over internet and media b s. He talked to Georgia and was called by Miami and answered a courtesy call. That's it. The rest is bs. I'll go further, one of the cigar boys is trying to bust Mullen. Why, I have no clue, but that is where this crap is coming from. I don't know if Mullen blew him off or what, but this crap is coming from him/them. And their agenda is to use folks to spread their message that Dan needs to go. The Fans are pissed over the UM game--they have a right to be, but if I fired everyone that had a bad day or two, I'd be in rough shape. Chill out. Dan will leave in time, but hopefully we have a 8-10 win series of seasons to watch him leave from.

Again, I'm not as concerned with Dan looking around as much as I am the other things that I am seeing from him that are holding us back. It's not so much about losing the Egg Bowl as much as it is the whole big picture. Croonies and making poor decisions on Dan's part in game happen consistently and hold us back. That and the fact that Dan is extremely inflexible to change are what have me worried.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 02:59 AM
Ok. 2001 Jackie won 3 games. 3. How is that the same as Dan winning 8? I agree we held on to Jackie to long. I would have been hard pressed to bring him back because I do believe in this league you ever go 3 wins or less, the likelihood of a turn around is extremely slim. Not talking about an initial build, depending on the school, but a 3 win season is very difficult to overcome after you have been at place a few years. But I also understand some at the time wanting to give him another year after 2001 because of the previous 3 years success. You also have to consider the time as well. You didn't cut coaches lose as quickly back then. And it worked, sometimes. Even today with Kirk at Iowa, he had a 4 win season in 2012. But I'm probably making the move quicker than some. But still to project holding on too long after 8 wins...that's beyond a stretch Todd.

And as I have said- because of the 8 wins it would be best for Dan to leave on his own- not be fired as some try to paint it. The point I'm trying to make is because Dan struck out I expect there to be a decline and that is likely going to eventually lead to Dan being fired and us as fans suffering. Remember Jackie won 8 games in 2000 before winning 3 in 2001- and there were cracks in the foundation in 2000 in hindsight as well.

You also have to take into account that Dan won 8 games with one of the greatest players in SEC history at QB- who won't be back next year. There is no doubt in my mind that our record would have been worse this year without Dak.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 03:17 AM
And as I have said- because of the 8 wins it would be best for Dan to leave on his own- not be fired as some try to paint it. The point I'm trying to make is because Dan struck out I expect there to be a decline and that is likely going to eventually lead to Dan being fired and us as fans suffering. Remember Jackie won 8 games in 2000 before winning 3 in 2001- and there were cracks in the foundation in 2000 in hindsight as well.

You also have to take into account that Dan won 8 games with one of the greatest players in SEC history at QB- who won't be back next year. There is no doubt in my mind that our record would have been worse this year without Dak.

We may win less games next year but that was the thought anyway. If he drops to a losing season, depending on why, it will be a concern. We haven't seen that he has lost the team so a projection that any decline other than talent and/or experience doesn't have merit yet. And Dan won 8 regular season games with Relf and Tyler at QB. His track record shows he has been able to do it with multiple types of QB's and Dak also won 10 games last year. That's 18 games in 2 years with one game to go. Your selling his ability to develop QB's well short. So I don't buy that he can't do it with Fitz or Staley.

You are trying to convenience people that we need to make a preemptive strike before a decline without actually seeing a true decline.

smootness
12-03-2015, 03:49 AM

I expect fans of rival schools and people who don't know better to give Mullen no credit for Dak and assume he is the sole reason for our recent success. I don't expect it from State fans.

Dak has some natural intangible qualities that make him special, yes, but as far as I'm concerned Mullen gets all the credit for developing him into what he became.

Rayburn8
12-03-2015, 04:44 AM

An article in the last Reflector of the semester outright said it was the lowest moment.

sbcmortgageman
12-03-2015, 05:55 AM
No one is happy with the current situation but dear Lord your posts are insufferable.

Dawgface
12-03-2015, 06:51 AM
Todd I pretty much agree. But banging your head against a wall will not change anything. For as much as I despise Mullen for his annual job searches and just his overall arrogance, he has made us an annual bowl team. He won't be fired as long as that continues and I hope it does. Because I don't want to see a major decline just to get rid of him as I'm sure you don't.

Focus on basketball and baseball and let this go. Like it or not, Mullen is not going anywhere.......not unless he finally finds the greener pastures he so longs for.

MSUDawg99
12-03-2015, 06:55 AM
I saw the title of the thread & thought "Damn, somebody must have died that I didn't know about!"

phatdog
12-03-2015, 07:09 AM
bullshit. How did you feel the day Croom was hired?

1MidsouthDawg
12-03-2015, 07:37 AM

Here is some reporting from outside of Mississippi actual facts on what CDM said in Jackson, not the edited Clarion Liar version.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/mississippi_states_dan_mullen_8.html

"It's the same deal. The only year you haven't asked is my first year as the head coach. Same thing," Mullen said. "Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true.

"I think the year for us, every single year it's the exact same thing. A couple years ago I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State. The next year I was in Colorado and four and five different cities in one day when I was sitting at this award."

missouridawg
12-03-2015, 07:56 AM
K

But but but those people at football scoop said he was interviewing everywhere!!!!

You are a ****ing idiot Todd. I wish you never would've went to State.

John Farley
12-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Sources---noun. --1. a guy that knows a guy that talk to a guy. 2. Those guys sitting around looking for Ashton, and no not Shumpert.

msstate7
12-03-2015, 08:08 AM
I didn't read this whole thread, so I could be repeating someone's idea...

If Dan truly does want out of Starkville, then I think he got a good dose of humility these last couple weeks. Apparently he wasn't Miami's first choice, no contact from Georgia, and none from usc. Maybe this could serve as a wake up call to Dan that he needs to step it up in recruiting and win games vs bama and lsu to get to the type of jobs he wants long term. This could be a good thing for our program

solodawg
12-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Dude, get a life outside of MSU football. I really laughed when I first saw this title but when I read your post, man I feel sorry for you. To not have anything else in life to worry about or enjoy. Get outside your house and get off the iPad or computer and get a hobby.

JDog13
12-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Hmm. 5 day wait may not have been enough. Did I get redirected to the spirit? Had to. So many bitches.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
12-03-2015, 08:35 AM

Urban won 8 with Tebow and was pushed out. I'd say that's worked out much better for Ohio State than Florida wouldn't you?

ETA: Todd needs a hobby or to spend time with family

basedog
12-03-2015, 08:39 AM
As you can read Todd the vast majority disagree with your post, you are way out of bounds and are now in the Dark Side.

Don't care about history, the worse ever? Post like you just wrote hurt Msu more than helps, as bad as you want to make all this out, we are in our all time best times as for as winning in the history of our program, granted he doesn't beat Lsu or Bama but look at the overall picture.

Like some suggest, take a chill pill and take a break and quit saying "Wolf Wolf Wolf" cause one day we MAY be back in the days of wishing we would be 8-4.

Mjoelner34
12-03-2015, 08:57 AM

+1 for the 'surrender cobra' in the pic

QuadrupleOption
12-03-2015, 08:58 AM
I am so tired of this "doesn't want to be here" line. This is what women do. They draw conclusions about their man without first hand evidence. "You went and watched the game and had beers with your friends instead of hang out with me and watch netflix, you don't love me anymore!" Half our fanbase are being women.

Half our fanbase ARE women. The other half, who are allegedly men, are ACTING like women. There's the issue.

By the way, all the lady Bulldog fans I know love Mullen and have no issues with him being mentioned in connection with other jobs because "If he stank no one would be talking to him anyway".

TXDawg
12-03-2015, 09:03 AM
1. He needs to fire Hevesy at a minimum. This would actually fix a lot of our problems I believe assuming we make a good hire.
2. Place more emphasis on the Egg Bowl like he used to- and by that I mean bring back the Countdown Clock, bring back the Egg Bowl uniforms and stop treating it like it's just another game.
3. He needs to win a game over an 9-10 win SEC team at least once every two years.
4. Utilize our personnel more creatively and logically. More Malik Dear for example- and not just limit him to "slot WR". He can play both. Have someone that is a FB. If we're having trouble blocking- bring in a FB or a TE to help- stop going 4-5 wide and asking our five that are struggling to keep blocking without any help. Stop running Dak up the middle on third and seven and then act shocked that it didn't work.
5. Play our younger players more earlier in the season to try to get them ready for the end of the season. No reason why Peters shouldn't have played at least 15 snaps against USM and then gone ahead from there.
6. Find players that play with more energy and are not soft. And play them rather than choke their emotion out of them. We were outhit several times this year- and that is unacceptable. And I believe that is a reflection of the head coach.

So, after all the bitching that's been done about how stupid the gold uniforms are (OUR COLORS ARE MAROON & WHITE!!!!11!1!!), now the answer is to "bring them back"? you're unhinged, dude.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Who would have ever thought that Todd and Will "Blackout Smitty" James would be on the exact same page and melting like him over and over.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Todd you really need a BJ.

Thick
12-03-2015, 09:13 AM

If Dan truly does want out of Starkville, then I think he got a good dose of humility these last couple weeks. Apparently he wasn't Miami's first choice, no contact from Georgia, and none from usc. Maybe this could serve as a wake up call to Dan that he needs to step it up in recruiting and win games vs bama and lsu to get to the type of jobs he wants long term. This could be a good thing for our program

Good post, I agree.

HancockCountyDog
12-03-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm worried about Todd. He seemed like a good poster, things have gone a bit off the rails. Has he only been an MSU fan since 2009? Because if a non-descript Wednesday where nothing happened, and that was the terrible news, then he has missed some stuff.

Stuff like NCAA Sanctions. Losing to Maine. Hiring Croom. 45-0. 2001-2006 seasons. Six seasons of utter hell. S-I-X. Yet we are saying that yesterday was one of the worst days in the history of MSU football? Ok, lets all give Todd a hug.

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Who would have ever thought that Todd and Will "Blackout Smitty" James would be on the exact same page and melting like him over and over.
The thought that those two are getting in sync makes me dread baseball season. The horror. The horror.

FISHDAWG
12-03-2015, 09:25 AM

this should be pinned to the top for the next few months .... even though I am off the Mullen bandwagon now - this is TRUTH

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 09:31 AM
The thought that those two are getting in sync makes me dread baseball season. The horror. The horror.

don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-03-2015, 09:32 AM
You know how there are Ole Miss fans that make fun of MSU fans and say "They only care about the Egg Bowl"? This is why.

WinningIsRelentless
12-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Dude have you been smoking spice with lil Kim?

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2015, 09:51 AM
don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby

If you bunt first, you're last.

JDog13
12-03-2015, 10:00 AM
If you bunt first, you're last. someone rep this for me

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Haha. Bo Bounds just called out this thread on the air and insinuated that Todd is an idiot.

He's right. Completely ridiculous thread

BiscuitEater
12-03-2015, 10:12 AM

I think 2008 under Byrne was SO much better than we have it today. Men's BB had Stans. Baseball, led by Ron Polk had a 23-33 record and Football had a GREAT 4-8 season under Croom .. including that 0-45 showing to the Confeds. Women's sports were horrid. Yea .. GREAT year.

Byrne MADE the changes to get us were we are today .. fired Croom .. hired an unproven OC Mullen .. hired Cohen and endured the continuous Tommy Raffo crap from Polk. BUT you lose TOTAL credibility if you think the MSU AD was in the BETTER shape under Byrne than it is today.
Not evey Greg Byrne himself .. would think that State is NOT better off today.

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Haha. Bo Bounds just called out this thread on the air and insinuated that Todd is an idiot.

He's right. Completely ridiculous thread

hey todd you're famous.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Dang you Bo. Just had to break this story. We were trying to keep this in house and deal with our own. I guess running the bleachers can't be enough punishment now that this has gotten out. We may have to sit Todd for a while.***

Goat from MSU
12-03-2015, 10:30 AM
I am sorry ,you are so full of shit it is not even funny . You need to get on with your life ,99% of State fans do not feel this way about Dan.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Dang you Bo. Just had to break this story. We were trying to keep this in house and deal with our own. I guess running the bleachers can't be enough punishment now that this has gotten out. We may have to sit Todd for a while.***

Haha

BeastMan
12-03-2015, 10:46 AM
https://45.media.tumblr.com/d63e37de9e2663a24d1e58959ae0683e/tumblr_n45pnsYpW41qg2p2fo1_250.gif

MSUDawg99
12-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Hmm. 5 day wait may not have been enough. Did I get redirected to the spirit? Had to. So many bitches.

HAHAHA. That's me & Twitter. I'm still taking a break from it.

BeastMan
12-03-2015, 11:00 AM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/745/901/4da.gif

TrapGame
12-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Beastman's killing it. I'm laughing at work and folks looking at me like I've lost it.

Dawgology
12-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Dan is a really good coach. He isn't going anywhere. He entertained some options for a week then moved on...as anyone worth a shit at what they do will do at some point in their career. As he has done the past seven ****ing years, he didn't comment on rumors about coaching changes. He will sign a good class. Our football team will be good again next year...they will be great in 2017-2018. We will also go to a bowl next year. Folks are pissed about the loss to UNM more than they are about being 8-4...it will pass.

Anyone who want's Dan Mullen fired this year is a ****ing moron with their head so far up their own ass all they see is brown.

P.S. There is a handful of people on this board that need to chill WAY the **** out....or we will have to get socks filled with soap bars and beat you while you sleep.

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2015, 12:36 PM

We can only hope this is the case. That would be the best outcome of the situation we now find ourselves in. But I'll believe it when I see him fire Hevesy and Sallach, or move them to administrative roles.

Percho
12-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Most of you are not old enough to remember and or know of, but having Dan as a coach is almost, I say, almost, as much fun as the old serials that came on before the matinee movie in the 50's. You just couldn't wait until next week.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 03:06 PM
We can only hope this is the case. That would be the best outcome of the situation we now find ourselves in. But I'll believe it when I see him fire Hevesy and Sallach, or move them to administrative roles.

People expecting "humility" out of someone who hasn't shown it in seven years? I'll believe it when I see it too.

Bama_Dawg
12-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Can we lock this thread? The horse died about 90 posts ago...

BeastMan
12-03-2015, 03:26 PM
Can we lock this thread? The horse died about 90 posts ago...

I had a lock fail

https://media.giphy.com/media/MF1ai8KphdET6/giphy.gif

K9 Avenger
12-03-2015, 03:39 PM
People expecting "humility" out of someone who hasn't shown it in seven years? I'll believe it when I see it too.

How about people who post stupid crap on message boards day in and day out but would never admit it? I'll believe that when I see it....

State82
12-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Beastman's killing it. I'm laughing at work and folks looking at me like I've lost it.

Yes. BeastMan is in an enviable zone today. I've been rolling at his work in this thread.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 05:34 PM
This thread unexpectedly ended up being a classic

CadaverDawg
12-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I had a lock fail

https://media.giphy.com/media/MF1ai8KphdET6/giphy.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/fe/57/fc/fe57fcac665a6d90b9c0c0d4aa63a5ef.jpg

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 06:01 PM
How about people who post stupid crap on message boards day in and day out but would never admit it? I'll believe that when I see it....

As long as you are around and posting that won't happen.