PDA

View Full Version : This is interesting...

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-02-2015, 08:54 PM
When thinking of Iowa I've always thought of big, burly, corn fed boys from the midwest. At least that's the way they used to be. They have obviously done something right to get where they are. This may be one part of it.

https://twitter.com/PokesAce/status/671926457573085184/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 08:59 PM
You right, they did do something right.

They avoided playing Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, & Penn State.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 08:59 PM

You SEC bigot, you. **

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-02-2015, 09:01 PM

haha. I didn't think about that. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do this weekend. No avoiding now.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 09:02 PM
You SEC bigot, you. **

Sheesh, this isn't even being an SEC bigot. This is just finding it ridiculous that somehow a Big 10 team avoids playing the only teams in the Big 10 that have players that run under a 4.8

bulldawg28
12-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Sheesh, this isn't even being an SEC bigot. This is just finding it ridiculous that somehow a Big 10 team avoids playing the only teams in the Big 10 that have players that run under a 4.8

Lol...True

Dallas_Dawg
12-02-2015, 09:06 PM
I haven't watched them play but I bet they have a big physical O line and run the damn football. They would stomp our asses all over Scott Field

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 09:13 PM

It's terrible that this is the truth.

gravedigger
12-02-2015, 09:17 PM
I haven't watched them play but I bet they have a big physical O line and run the damn football. They would stomp our asses all over Scott Field

Woe is me! Po ole mittippi tate fan! We aint neva no guuud.

Waaaa

Dallas_Dawg
12-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Woe is me! Po ole mittippi tate fan! We aint neva no guuud.

Waaaa
They put O linemen in the NFL every year, dipshit

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 10:03 PM

Nah, I believe we'd beat them. We match up well with that style of football.

Remember when Arkansas had the BIG O LINE THAT RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL and they only ran it for 60 something yards on us?

I watched Iowa play & they are basically what Georgia, without Chubb, is this year. Solid defense & but very vanilla everywhere else. I think Arkansas would beat Iowa

With us this year, it's so much about the matchup. Iowa is middle of the pack in the Big 10 in sacks & dead last in tackles for loss on defense. I'm going to take those stats as meaning they don't possess quality pass rusher or disruptive d-linemen. If so, that means our Sunbelt O-line would give Dak time & we'd probably score 30+ points. I think we'd beat them due to the matchup

gravedigger
12-02-2015, 10:11 PM
They put O linemen in the NFL every year, dipshit

"I havnt watched them play but..."

Damn, if that isnt the preamble to the group of fans that need to just get the hell out of our fanbase, i dont know what would be.

Homedawg
12-02-2015, 11:03 PM

So you haven't seen them play and they would stomp us? Wow... I have seen them play and they wouldn't finish 500 in the sec if they were in the west.

mstatefan91
12-02-2015, 11:07 PM
This is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. Bravo sir. Bravo

smootness
12-02-2015, 11:19 PM

I like any team like this who threatens to break through and make a splash nationally, so I'm totally fine that they avoided these teams. Obviously they'll have to prove themselves this weekend.

But the problem is that the Big Ten put those 4 teams in the same division...that was really dumb. Nebraska hasn't been Nebraska in years, so it was dumb to treat them like they were still great. And while Wisconsin has had a really good run for quite a while, the 3 best programs the Big Ten has are Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State...you don't put them on the same side. Then you have Michigan State on a historic run, and this is what you get.

Dallas_Dawg
12-03-2015, 12:13 AM
This is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. Bravo sir. Bravo

They finished undefeated in the big 10, I don't care who they did or didn't play.
They put players in the NFL every single year.
They are coached by Kirk Ferentz who was wanted by every NFL opening and major job for years before people figured out he wasn't leaving.
They usually kick the sec's ass in bowl games every year.
Lay off assholes, we aren't that good this year. We beat a shitty auburn team and won on a fluke play against Arkansas.
Iowa would kick our asses

mstatefan91
12-03-2015, 12:19 AM
They finished undefeated in the big 10, I don't care who they did or didn't play.
They are coached by Kirk Ferentz who was wanted by every NFL opening and major job for years before people figured out he wasn't leaving.
Lay off assholes, we aren't that good this year. We beat a shitty auburn team and won on a fluke play against Arkansas.
But you haven't watched them play... so.... yeah....

Also, we put players in the NFL every year too. That has to be one of the dumbest reasons they would beat us. We play against 8 teams ever year who put players in the NFL..

But by all means, go on loving Iowa without watching them. Strange relationship for sure

smootness
12-03-2015, 12:22 AM
I really like Ferentz. They had totally collapsed under Fry, then they won 1 game in his first season there. 3 years later, they won 11 and went to the Orange Bowl, then followed it up with 2 more 10-win seasons. Just an incredible job.

They've now settled into what they will be, which is a team that will basically go to a bowl every year and win 8-9 every 2-3 years with the occasional 10+ wins and BCS bowl appearance.

Really Clark?
12-03-2015, 12:29 AM

They lost the last 2 bowl games against the SEC and I think like 1-3 for the last 4. Beat So Car in like 2008 or 2010.

SDDawg
12-03-2015, 01:09 AM
I'll believe Iowa is good when they beat someone. They may, but right now we're all waiting to see it...

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2015, 01:16 AM
I'll believe Iowa is good when they beat someone. They may, but right now we're all waiting to see it...

We will find out this weekend.. I think Michigan State destroys them

Homedawg
12-03-2015, 09:06 AM

Is that you Todd??

BB30
12-03-2015, 09:14 AM

Dang, I wonder how they ever survived if their coach was wanted by every NFL team that had an opening. I mean how do you recruit with that baggage every year?? And that happened for years, wow I am impressed.

lawdawg
12-03-2015, 09:40 AM
They've now settled into what they will be, which is a team that will basically go to a bowl every year and win 8-9 every 2-3 years with the occasional 10+ wins and BCS bowl appearance.

That doesn't sound too bad...