PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read from the Miami Herald.........

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 08:11 PM
There is a lot about Mullen in here. Some of you need to read what this guy says. What he says is the general INFORMED opinion on Mullen outside of MSU circles.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article47627030.html

RIdog
12-02-2015, 08:21 PM
"a nothing Mississippi State program" - Ouch !

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 08:22 PM
What are you reading? There are two references to Mullen, one paragraph of which says nothing that my 10 year old doesn't already know. What is the new stuff here?

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 08:23 PM

Yah, that really hurts. Especially when you saw a crowd of about 2000 people max at this year's Miami senior day. We really suck. **

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 08:28 PM

Can you read?

"Also from the tough SEC, he made a nothing Mississippi State program matter, fashioning a 54-35 record there in a division with Alabama, LSU and Auburn."

You took that quote way out of context. He's actually saying that MSU now matters, not that it's a nothing program. Nice 140 posts. I smell a troll.

No MSU fan would blatantly spin the context to be negative towards MSU

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 08:28 PM
What are you reading? There are two references to Mullen, one paragraph of which says nothing that my 10 year old doesn't already know. What is the new stuff here?

????????? Did I say it was anything new. Just pointing out what some of us have been saying all along. He is viewed as someone who is doing a really good job in a hard place to do a good job. He has made us matter, when we didn't before.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 09:01 PM
????????? Did I say it was anything new. Just pointing out what some of us have been saying all along. He is viewed as someone who is doing a really good job in a hard place to do a good job. He has made us matter, when we didn't before.

Oh ok, I misread your comments. I thought you were hinting as some news that I didn't find when I read it. The "nothing" remark was over the top.

1MidsouthDawg
12-03-2015, 08:11 AM
There is a lot about Mullen in here. Some of you need to read what this guy says. What he says is the general INFORMED opinion on Mullen outside of MSU circles.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article47627030.html

Here is another good article from outside of Mississippi from al.com of all places. Nice reporting...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/mississippi_states_dan_mullen_8.html

Here are some unedited, by the Clarion Liar, quotes
""It's the same deal. The only year you haven't asked is my first year as the head coach. Same thing," Mullen said. "Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true.

"I think the year for us, every single year it's the exact same thing. A couple years ago I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State. The next year I was in Colorado and four and five different cities in one day when I was sitting at this award."

Go DAWGs and HAILSTATE!!!

Johnson85
12-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Here is another good article from outside of Mississippi from al.com of all places. Nice reporting...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/mississippi_states_dan_mullen_8.html

Here are some unedited, by the Clarion Liar, quotes
""It's the same deal. The only year you haven't asked is my first year as the head coach. Same thing," Mullen said. "Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true.

"I think the year for us, every single year it's the exact same thing. A couple years ago I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State. The next year I was in Colorado and four and five different cities in one day when I was sitting at this award."

Go DAWGs and HAILSTATE!!!

How the hell does being offensive coordinator at UF give Mullen 'deep ties' to south Florida? Was that his recruiting responsibility? Or does the author not understand where Gainesville is?

Jack Lambert
12-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Yah, that really hurts. Especially when you saw a crowd of about 2000 people max at this year's Miami senior day. We really suck. **
Mean while The Seahawk fans are really going to have to bring their A Game to take back the loudest crowd crown.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2015, 09:15 AM
How the hell does being offensive coordinator at UF give Mullen 'deep ties' to south Florida? Was that his recruiting responsibility? Or does the author not understand where Gainesville is?

I would think if you coach at Florida you would get to know South Florida by default. There is a lot of talent down there. I doubt Florida restricts itself to Gainesville north.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2015, 09:25 AM

Well when he took over we had only been bowl eligible one time in 8 years. After reading that, I think Mullen might have been their first choice. They just didn't have the money. If I read that correctly all the AD had was 4 million.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2015, 10:40 AM
According to what I'm hearing Richt was 1st. Mullen was 2nd. Now as to whether Mullen would have taken it I'm not so sure. Certainly not as sure as a lot of these know it alls here are. Some of the stuff I have heard and seen make me think he might not have. There was a lot of exaggerating and expounding going on. Combine that with some wishful thinking from a few vocal "fans" and this stuff took on a life of it's on.

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
According to what I'm hearing Richt was 1st. Mullen was 2nd. Now as to whether Mullen would have taken it I'm not so sure. Certainly not as sure as a lot of these know it alls here are. Some of the stuff I have heard and seen make me think he might not have. There was a lot of exaggerating and expounding going on. Combine that with some wishful thinking from a few vocal "fans" and this stuff took on a life of it's on.
When we look back on this, it will be like looking back on the "Perfect Storm". You have so much crazy at play at 1 time - an Egg Bowl disaster, supposed boosters with agendas, obvious media types with agendas (footballscoop, etc.), posters with agendas (either personal or click-rate related), a coach who doesn't like media or questions about rumors, and the most insecure and shell shocked fanbase in the SEC. Enough dramatic acting on here to be recognized by the Academy.