PDA

View Full Version : Time for everyone to back away from the ledge

archdog
12-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Mullen is going to stay. We need a new direction on the oline. We have some needs to fill, possibly by bringing in some top juco talent. The important thing is, our team is still there, putting in work. We have our bowl game to course correct. 3 months we start spring practice and start working towards 2016.

2015 is over. We had some of the same issues that we have had year after year. It's time for some of them to be fixed. 1st and most importantly, the OL. Time to get a new oline coach. Someone that can turn these guys into mean sons a bitches that love to bring the pain on run blocking. 2nd, and this is a first, we need to get our RB position fixed and I mean yesterday. 3rd, can we not play slightly tighter coverage in the secondary. What ever happened to having a guy patrolling out there looking to break up passes. I have not seen us a single time stick a receiver this entire year. Blitzing out of position doesn't work either.

Last, our fans need to stop being bitches about the Egg Bowl. We got whipped. For crying out loud take it like a man. Anyone that wants Mullen gone, remember what it was like say 95% of our history before him. I still trust in Mullen. He just needs to find the fire.

JohnnyQuid
12-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Last, our fans need to stop being bitches about the Egg Bowl. We got whipped. For crying out loud take it like a man. Anyone that wants Mullen gone, remember what it was like say 95% of our history before him. I still trust in Mullen. He just needs to find the fire.

alot of this

NCDawg
12-02-2015, 07:14 PM
I agree it's time to get rid of the OL coach.

civildawg
12-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Heveasy isn't getting fired without Dan leaving so stop even entertaining this idea

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 07:16 PM
alot of this

I have put up my own countdown clock, not going to sleep for 361 more days... **

NCDawg
12-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Heveasy isn't getting fired without Dan leaving so stop even entertaining this idea

Ok, if that's the case, we can expect the same inept performance we saw this year.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Hell naw!!!! It's time for Manny Diaz rumors

Steven Godfrey ‏@38Godfrey 3m3 minutes ago
Manny Diaz would make a lot of sense at Miami as DC. Pretty strong guess here that Pruitt won't be coming to Coral Gables.

I seen it dawg
12-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Hard to back away when the foot is always in your back.

EAVdog
12-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Our OL in 2014 was pretty badass. Nasty and charged down field blocking and stomping on folks. We need the Jimmy's and Joe's on the OL. I don't think our schemes work without some real talent. But last year showed we can have a strong OL.

missouridawg
12-02-2015, 07:30 PM
It's amazing how only OM grad journalists seem to hear about MSU coaches leaving. Between the Egg Bowl and February specifically.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 07:34 PM
It's amazing how only OM grad journalists seem to hear about MSU coaches leaving. Between the Egg Bowl and February specifically.

Haha, No doubt. I laughed when I saw it

somebodyshotmypaw
12-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Hell naw!!!! It's time for Manny Diaz rumors

Steven Godfrey ‏@38Godfrey 3m3 minutes ago
Manny Diaz would make a lot of sense at Miami as DC. Pretty strong guess here that Pruitt won't be coming to Coral Gables.

He spends too much time hanging with folks similar to Denzel Kimchee if you get my drift. Don't listen to that idiot.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 07:39 PM

People actually graduate from OM? Shocking... **

Percho
12-02-2015, 07:43 PM
I have put up my own countdown clock, not going to sleep for 361 more days... **

I'm with you fellers.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Mullen has used up his good will. It isn't that hard to understand. Mullen has gotten everything he ever wanted in terms of facility upgrades, staff raises, etc. all while making $4.3M a year. That's 16th in pay nationally.

What have we gotten in return, you ask? He's 1-3 against Freezus. All 3 losses were blowouts. He's gotten blown out twice in a row against Bama. Other than the 3 wins last year to get us to #1, what big wins does he have? In fact, we've barely bothered to show up for the big games. In 7 years, he has 13 wins against division opponents. Freezus has the same number in 4 years, for comparison. Mullen is also tied at the hip with Hevesy and Sallach, who are dead weight. Don't even get me started on the endless string of dumb personnel decisions.

And on top of all that, he openly whores himself out to every open job every offseason through the media. You don't see this shit happening with other "in demand" coaching candidates, at least not until the year they're actually ready to make a move. But it is EVERY DAMN YEAR with Mullen. And before you blame his agent, the agent works for Mullen, not the other way around. If Mullen didn't want this crap leaked to the media like a soap opera, I can guarantee you it wouldn't be leaked. And I guarantee you this: We'll be right back here going through this aGAIN next December, because Mullen will leak his name to the media for open jobs like he has every other year.

I and others have had it. Either leave or decide you want to be here, outside of a truly "elite" job like UGA or Texas. And to get those jobs, he's going to have to do something he has barely shown any ability to do yet: Win a big game when he doesn't have the better team. Plus he's officially cut his own throat in recruiting with this constant media whoring. If you think this isn't used as ammo against him every year, you've got a surprise coming. Enough is enough.

missouridawg
12-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Mullen has used up his good will. It isn't that hard to understand. Mullen has gotten everything he ever wanted in terms of facility upgrades, staff raises, etc. all while making $4.3M a year. That's 16th in pay nationally.

What have we gotten in return, you ask? He's 1-3 against Freezus. All 3 losses were blowouts. He's gotten blown out twice in a row against Bama. Other than the 3 wins last year to get us to #1, what big wins does he have? In fact, we've barely bothered to show up for the big games. In 7 years, he has 13 wins against division opponents. Freezus has the same number in 4 years, for comparison. Mullen is also tied at the hip with Hevesy and Sallach, who are dead weight. Don't even get me started on the endless string of dumb personnel decisions.

And on top of all that, he openly whores himself out to every open job every offseason through the media. You don't see this shit happening with other "in demand" coaching candidates, at least not until the year they're actually ready to make a move. But it is EVERY DAMN YEAR with Mullen. And before you blame his agent, the agent works for Mullen, not the other way around. If Mullen didn't want this crap leaked to the media like a soap opera, I can guarantee you it wouldn't be leaked. And I guarantee you this: We'll be right back here going through this aGAIN next December, because Mullen will leak his name to the media for open jobs like he has every other year.

I and others have had it. Either leave or decide you want to be here, outside of a truly "elite" job like UGA or Texas. And to get those jobs, he's going to have to do something he has barely shown any ability to do yet: Win a big game when he doesn't have the better team. Plus he's officially cut his own throat in recruiting with this constant media whoring. If you think this isn't used as ammo against him every year, you've got a surprise coming. Enough is enough.

This thread was about stepping off the ledge... not trying to balance yourself with one foot off... Jesus, this board has been quite unbearable this week. We finally have a coach everyone wants... Just enjoy it.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 08:35 PM

I don't agree that we've been blown out by Bama two years in a row. We only lost by 5 last year at their place.

However, you may as well get ready. No matter how much you dislike him, between Fitz & Staley, he's about to develop another top flight QB that will offer MSU a chance to win for 3 more years.

Unless you know of some other coach that can do that & would take our job, then it's best to just support the man in every way we can. I don't love how he's slutted himself out, but, at the end of the day, he knows the only way he's getting out of MSU is to bust his ass & win or get fired. So... in that regard, I could care less if he wins in spite of us, so long as he continues to wins.

MrKotter
12-02-2015, 08:48 PM

Word

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
12-02-2015, 11:54 PM

Gotten everything he ever wanted? You do realize he is a big reason for all the upgrades right? He lit a fire in the fanbase, won games, put us on the map. Fortunately fools like you are in the minority, but unfortunately people share your articles on facebook. I think you should put a name to your articles so people can critique your job since you critique college coaches and even throw college kids under a bus.

Rant over. Carry on. Hail State.

1MidsouthDawg
12-03-2015, 07:45 AM
Here is some true reporting from AL.com of all place not the Clarion Liar. really reporting not made up TSUN spin:
Link ->http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/mississippi_states_dan_mullen_8.html

"It's the same deal. The only year you haven't asked is my first year as the head coach. Same thing," Mullen said. "Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true.

"I think the year for us, every single year it's the exact same thing. A couple years ago I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State. The next year I was in Colorado and four and five different cities in one day when I was sitting at this award."