PDA

View Full Version : Now that its clear who has what job

NeshobaChuck
12-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Hit the recruiting trail hard as ever need to close the gap between us and some of these recruits that were bama leans that we targeted. Especially on the defense side of the ball with Smart headed to UGA. Would love to see us flip Davis and keep him here along with Simmons and few others. If we can do that our Defense should be very very solid in my honest opinion. Not to mention if we bring back all of our Jr. DLine

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 05:42 PM
And win the G-D bowl game.

Bubb Rubb
12-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Hit the recruiting trail hard as ever need to close the gap between us and some of these recruits that were bama leans that we targeted. Especially on the defense side of the ball with Smart headed to UGA. Would love to see us flip Davis and keep him here along with Simmons and few others. If we can do that our Defense should be very very solid in my honest opinion. Not to mention if we bring back all of our Jr. DLine

What is his pitch to recruits? "I WILL be the coach at MSU next year, so come play for me, and for whomever replaces me after I leave next year?"

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 09:14 PM
What is his pitch to recruits? "I WILL be the coach at MSU next year, so come play for me, and for whomever replaces me after I leave next year?"

This was his wad. He blew it. He'll be at State until we decide to fire him.

Coach34
12-02-2015, 09:48 PM
What Mullen needs to understand is that nobody is gonna hire him until he wins some big games.

TSUNami
12-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Do you think Mullen is safe here with repeating the last 4 years over and over with the same amount of upsets?

HoopsDawg
12-02-2015, 09:52 PM
I really don't care about Davis since he is headed to Juco first.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Do you think Mullen is safe here with repeating the last 4 years over and over with the same amount of upsets?

Depends on how recruiting is going.

This brings up a good question: Is the point of having an athletic program, of any sport, to win championships or have good seasons, go to bowls, & make money?

Depending on your answer, you would either agree with LSU almost firing Miles, MSU firing Mullen in 4 years, & Richt being fired from Georgia or you would not agree with those moves since all 3 coaches were successful & still having "successful" seasons. The history of your program should also probably fit into this equation.

Bama_Dawg
12-02-2015, 10:02 PM
We do need to hit the recruiting trail hard. Harder than we ever have. I would have ideally liked some staff changes (replace Hev, move Hughes to a desk job), but maybe we can get those after the bowl game.

Jarius
12-02-2015, 10:15 PM
we have a great shot at a 9 win season after we just had a 10 win season and an Orange Bowl birth. We have to keep a level head and not let the Egg Bowl and the success of Ole Miss determine how we act about our own program. If we win the bowl game we will have completed one of the best 2 year stretches in our history and we have people pissed off. Losing the Egg Bowl sucks. I get it. Just keep it in perspective.

I seen it dawg
12-02-2015, 10:16 PM
He won't get fired as long as the current AD is in place. Mullen owns him like Freeze owns Mullen.

basedog
12-02-2015, 10:18 PM
What Mullen needs to understand is that nobody is gonna hire him until he wins some big games.

I agree!!!!

gravedigger
12-02-2015, 10:21 PM

As long as we pay 4 mil, all he can go is up. We wont lower his pay and it would take a non bowl season for us to CONSIDER firing him. He has to beat uk, usce, three non cons and one other game to get that.

He is set.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2015, 10:28 PM
As long as we pay 4 mil, all he can go is up. We wont lower his pay and it would take a non bowl season for us to CONSIDER firing him. He has to beat uk, usce, three non cons and one other game to get that.

He is set.

If he loses to the bears next year, I don't care if he is 7-5, he will be on the extreme hot seat. He better hope that machine gun kelly goes on a crime spree this summer or enters the draft, because Im concerned that a bear team with Kelly at QB and the guys they have coming back on defense will be 3 straight and 1-4 against Freeze.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 10:49 PM
If he loses to the bears next year, I don't care if he is 7-5, he will be on the extreme hot seat. He better hope that machine gun kelly goes on a crime spree this summer or enters the draft, because Im concerned that a bear team with Kelly at QB and the guys they have coming back on defense will be 3 straight and 1-4 against Freeze.

MGK never stopped the crime spree guys, he just has Barney Fife in the Oxford PD to deal with now. He's got it made. Hopefully Uncle Jim can pull some strings and move him up some draft boards... lol

DancingRabbit
12-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Saban going back to the NFL and the NCAA doing their job in Oxford would make life in the SECW a lot more bearable.

dawgoneyall
12-02-2015, 11:55 PM
We had better accept that State will be second best in Mississippi until Mullen becomes more focused.

As long as he is looking elsewhere he will not be focused.

Evidently most State fans are willing to accept this situation.

I am not but not much I can do about it.

cheewgumm
12-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Dawgoneyall

Yes, accept it . We're 2 now.

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:15 AM
This was his wad. He blew it. He'll be at State until we decide to fire him.

I hope that is after next year. Before we actually turn into a complete dumpster fire hopefully.