PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Recruiting Mix Up

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 04:49 PM
So it looks like Bama will be taking a new approach to recruiting Simmons with Kirby going to UGA (yes, this means UGA is in the picture for recruiting Simmons now). Saban is becoming more proactive in recruiting now (he's not too happy with Kirby's timing). It also looks like Kiffin is trying to get out of there before the new year. Expect a lot of changes in Alabama's coaching staff. But it most likely won't happen until after their season. Saban doesn't like to change things unless he has to during what he calls, the process. Also, I expect Raekwon Davis to sign with a school other than Alabama.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Simmons won't go to Georgia.

Welcome to the party Saban. Everyone else loses coaches this time of year. Ask Mullen about Collins last year

Not surprising on Davis, because he's Moton 2.0. JUCO guy

bobcat91
12-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Simmons will be wearing maroon next year, but everyone screaming at Mullen needs to keep up the he sucks party line so that we can really kill recruiting.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Simmons will be wearing maroon next year, but everyone screaming at Mullen needs to keep up the he sucks party line so that we can really kill recruiting.

I have never heard anyone on this message board complain about what is being posted because it hurts recruiting***

Coach34
12-02-2015, 05:06 PM

So whats been hurting recruiting all these other years???

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 05:10 PM

The only person hurting our recruiting at the moment is Mullen himself.

QuadrupleOption
12-02-2015, 05:14 PM

Haven't you been lauding our recruiting for the past few years?

Coach34
12-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Haven't you been lauding our recruiting for the past few years?

We pulled in a good class this past Feb and we certainly identify some under the radar guys. But we have been clearly shown the last 2 years we dont have the OL or DL depth to win big SEC games

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 05:25 PM
We pulled in a good class this past Feb and we certainly identify some under the radar guys. But we have been clearly shown the last 2 years we dont have the OL or DL depth to win big SEC games

Disagree on DL, we had it last year. OL for sure though.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Biggest issues this year were OL and secondary. Neither were up to SEC standards to compete for a title.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Biggest issues this year were OL and secondary. Neither were up to ALABAMA standards to compete for a title.

FIFY

mic
12-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Do whatever we have to do to sure up this class with the 7 or 8 players that we have to get and should get..

Coach34
12-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Biggest issues this year were OL and secondary. Neither were up to SEC standards to compete for a title.

neither was our DL depth...and its just going to be worse next year

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 05:40 PM
neither was our DL depth...and its just going to be worse next year

C34 - how do you project the 2 deep on DL next year?

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 05:44 PM

We need to put Darryl Williams at Center next year, move Clayborn to Guard, put Calhoun at the other Guard position, Rankin at LT (he should be ready), and Jenkins at RT. That lineup should destroy this years. As far as DBs..... Smokey, Smitherman, Jiles, and Stamps will all fight for spots next year. I hope we don't start Cleveland on the outside. That's a recipe for disaster.

mic
12-02-2015, 05:49 PM
We need to put Darryl Williams at Center next year, move Clayborn to Guard, put Calhoun at the other Guard position, Rankin at LT (he should be ready), and Jenkins at RT. That lineup should destroy this years. As far as DBs..... Smokey, Smitherman, Jiles, and Stamps will all fight for spots next year. I hope we don't start Cleveland on the outside. That's a recipe for disaster.

Durr will be a starter next year at CB..

dparker
12-02-2015, 05:50 PM

According to the board Bracky, Hevesy, Mullen, the media,... Take your pick.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Durr will be a starter next year at CB..

At the beginning of the season? That's wishful thinking

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 05:53 PM
FIFY

Our OL and secondary weren't even in the same zip code with Alabama. We could have been weaker than AL in those areas but much better than we were and competed just because of Dak and our receivers. This was probably the worst OL we've had under Mullen. Had never seen a Mullen coached MSU team that absolutely could not run the ball against anyone (even Troy).

mic
12-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Our OL and secondary weren't even in the same zip code with Alabama. We could have been weaker than AL in those areas but much better than we were and competed just because of Dak and our receivers. This was probably the worst OL we've had under Mullen. Had never seen a Mullen coached MSU team that absolutely could not run the ball against anyone (even Troy).

The running game coordinator.... You guessed it ... Hev...

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 06:07 PM
The running game coordinator.... You guessed it ... Hev...

Nick Gibson will probably win the RB position by mid season next year.

MabenMaroon
12-02-2015, 07:56 PM

If Alec Murphy don't beat him out, he will be a very nice SEC back.

msstate7
12-02-2015, 08:10 PM

All I know about nick is from high school, but I loved how he looked there. Has there been any word out of practice about him?

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 08:19 PM
All I know about nick is from high school, but I loved how he looked there. Has there been any word out of practice about him?
He's trucked Leo a few times

msstate7
12-02-2015, 08:21 PM
He's trucked Leo a few times

I hope that isn't an indictment of Leo Lewis

Coach34
12-02-2015, 08:37 PM
C34 - how do you project the 2 deep on DL next year?

Thats a good question until we know if Nick James stays or not

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2015, 08:41 PM

I'm worried this is a Josh Robinson situation. Aj Jefferson definitely coming back. He has cooled off after a hot start, so that's a start.

I seen it dawg
12-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Takes 2 years before a rb can get on the field for us.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2015, 09:42 PM

DE: AJ
DT: N. James
DT: N. Adams
DE: Calvin

DE: Coleman
DT: Dale
DT: Thomas
DE: Mullins

2nd string D-line is a huge question mark. CB is a big question mark.

On offense O-line is still a weakness and we are breaking in a new QB. I think we go 6-6, 7-5 next year and the heat will be turned up on Mullen especially after this offseason.

mic
12-02-2015, 10:19 PM

On offense O-line is still a weakness and we are breaking in a new QB. I think we go 6-6, 7-5 next year and the heat will be turned up on Mullen especially after this offseason.

If we get Simmons he won't red shirt and will be in the 2 deep mix..
And We better be full court pressing the Brown kid from GA with the coaching changes at UGA... Those are 2 guys that play as frosh..

msstate7
12-02-2015, 10:26 PM

Tre brown (DT) could factor in

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-02-2015, 10:28 PM
If Alec Murphy don't beat him out, he will be a very nice SEC back.

Is Murphy still working at RB? There was talk when he signed of moving to LB.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Tre brown (DT) could factor in

We can't seem to ever be able to count on Juco's in their first year. McPhee was even slow out of the gate his first year.

NeshobaChuck
12-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Don't forget about Fletcher Adams also he will factor in the 2 deep

Dawgface
12-02-2015, 10:47 PM
The only person hurting our recruiting at the moment is Mullen himself.

Bingo!

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2015, 11:01 PM

My only concern with the DL that you posted is pass rush. We still don't have a pass rusher on the roster. Also, holy shit is that DL senior heavy, and Im not sure it is that great. By my count, there are 6 seniors on that two deep. With the other two guys having contributed nothing so far.

We better sign some guys this year that can step in and play right away, because we are certainly going to need them in 2017.

Bothrops
12-02-2015, 11:11 PM
I've heard good things about Murphy. I still wanna see what Lee can do, if he's still here next year.

smootness
12-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Don't forget about Fletcher Adams also he will factor in the 2 deep

Yep, I imagine he will play a bunch. Simmons won't redshirt, assuming we get him, but it will be interesting to see if Jones will. Don't overlook Kendell Jones, either. He may not play much, but I liked his potential as a recruit. And I think Grant Harris will start seeing real PT next year as well.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Harris, Adams, and Simmons all wind up in the 2-deep by the end of next year.

Todd4State
12-02-2015, 11:48 PM

Only if Holloway, Shumpert, and Aeris are injured. In that order.

NeshobaChuck
12-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Anybody know the 5* CB we have a good chance at landing?

smootness
12-03-2015, 12:06 AM
My only concern with the DL that you posted is pass rush. We still don't have a pass rusher on the roster. Also, holy shit is that DL senior heavy, and Im not sure it is that great. By my count, there are 6 seniors on that two deep. With the other two guys having contributed nothing so far.

We better sign some guys this year that can step in and play right away, because we are certainly going to need them in 2017.

It's missing some guys. Fletcher Adams, Kendell Jones, Grant Harris, the guys we'll likely sign in this class...but we do need to add some pass rushers. That's an area where Joseph would have really helped.