PDA

View Full Version : A little bird just told me....

Thick
12-02-2015, 01:36 PM
that one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, Dan is looking could be his "relationship (or lack there of) with certain football donors. He's been called to Keenum's office several times, but twice this year fiscal year. There were some colorful dialogue exchanged between the 2. His Yankee demeanor and his ego might be the reason for this post season activity.

I'm just relaying some info. Don't shoot the messenger.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Boosters meddling at MSU? That's hard to believe. ***********************************************

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Egos, egos, egos errrrrr-where

Treemydawg
12-02-2015, 01:42 PM
If this is true I wonder if it could be the reason behind some of ******* odd personell decisions. ******* way of of giving said donor the middle finger?

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-02-2015, 01:47 PM
They need to be giving Mullen money to help shop for recruits.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2015, 01:47 PM
If this is true I wonder if it could be the reason behind some of ******* odd personell decisions. ******* way of of giving said donor the middle finger?
"You want to tell me how to run my program?? Ef you, I can win with Shumpert falling backward." We are, Miss-Stake.

MafiaDawg
12-02-2015, 01:48 PM
You think Dan plays certain players to piss off a donor? I've heard it all now.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 01:50 PM
that one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, Dan is looking could be his "relationship (or lack there of) with certain football donors. He's been called to Keenum's office several times, but twice this year fiscal year. There were some colorful dialogue exchanged between the 2. His Yankee demeanor and his ego might be the reason for this post season activity.

This would make sense. It's funny how MSU has a history of mediocrity and the coaches are always blamed for this...but there has been a couple of common denominators throughout it all.......

Not saying on the field results are not largely the coaches fault but there is A LOT that happens behind the scenes that can have an impact on a football team that is not common knowledge. These same people could actually be the ones having an impact on recruiting if they refused to play the game. Good for them I guess.

HancockCountyDog

I swear half the board is simply bear trolls trying to make MSU fans look stupid. IT is the only explanation for some of this crazy sh!t.

Political Hack
At this point all hell has broken loose between Keenum, Strick, the boosters, and Dan. They'd better pow wow in a hurry if they plan to save this marriage.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 01:51 PM
They need to be giving Mullen money to help shop for recruits.

Yes, they should handle that themselves, right? You would think they would...lol.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 01:51 PM

No. Just no. smh

Treemydawg
12-02-2015, 01:52 PM
I didn't say I thought that. I asked could that be Dans way of telling said booster to shove it.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 01:53 PM
I didn't say I thought that. I asked could that be Dans way of telling said booster to shove it.

No. Stop.

Thick
12-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Do you guys remember Dan being disrespectful to a caller on the call-in show, maybe a female? One of those meetings had to do with that incident. I did not personally hear the phone call, so I don't know what happened.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Forgot my sarkastricks

gtowndawg
12-02-2015, 01:55 PM
At this point all hell has broken loose between Keenum, Strick, the boosters, and Dan. They'd better pow wow in a hurry if they plan to save this marriage.

The annual University xmas party should be interesting this year.

http://i.imgur.com/NARFqWa.gif

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2015, 01:56 PM

So the cigar boys aren't getting their rings kissed... are these the same cigar boys that couldn't keep their mouths shut with Jackie and why we landed up on probation...

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 01:57 PM

Yeah, he would cut his own throat just to hack off a booster. That makes perfect sense.**********

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 01:57 PM
So the cigar boys aren't getting their rings kissed... are these the same cigar boys that couldn't keep their mouths shut with Jackie and why we landed up on probation...

No. Those guys are retired for the most part.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2015, 01:58 PM

I'm hearing that his "No comment" from last night has gone over like a lead balloon. When you get the shit kicked out of you at home by the bears, you should be saying "I love MSU, it is the only place for me, Im thankful to be coaching in the greatest conference in the country, at one of the greatest schools in the country. I am 100% committed to MSU and will not be entertaining any other job offers or attempt to interview at another school. With the support I've been given at MSU despite only 13 SEC West wins in 7 years, is probably something I would never get anywhere else, so of course I have zero interest in another job I am committed to finishing off a great recruiting class, winning a bowl game, and getting the egg bowl trophy back to Starkville.

Too much?

Liverpooldawg

I'm sure you have an impeccable source on that.

thf24
I want Mullen to stay, but he won't reach his full potential until he swallows his ego and accepts that he can't have and do everything exactly his way. I think that will happen eventually, I just hope it's sooner than later if he does stay.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 01:59 PM

Yes.

Blackout
12-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Our cigar boys are the sorority girls of all cigar boys.

TSUNami
12-02-2015, 02:01 PM

We should call them the Virginia Slims instead

TrapGame
12-02-2015, 02:02 PM
This is a five alarm clusterf*ck.

BrunswickDawg
Do you guys remember Dan being disrespectful to a caller on the call-in show, maybe a female? One of those meetings had to do with that incident. I did not personally hear the phone call, so I don't know what happened.
Husband of Caller: "I say, President Keen-uumm, you must take up the gauntlet and protect my damsel and the virtue of awl southern women and protect them from that Yankee heathen in your employ. Or I shall not grace you with my $500 Bulldawwg Club donation and renew ma season tickets!"***

Dawgology
I want Mullen to stay, but he won't reach his full potential until he swallows his ego and accepts that he can't have and do everything exactly his way. I think that will happen eventually, I just hope it's sooner than later if he does stay.

As much as it pains me to admit it (because I do like the swagger) I agree with you on this. Be assured that there are certain donors that are too involved in what they shouldn't be and not as involved in what they should be...but it is what it is. I don't think he can fix that the way he is going about it.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Husband of Caller: "I say, President Keen-uumm, you must take up the gauntlet and protect my damsel and the virtue of awl southern women and protect them from that Yankee heathen in your employ. Or I shall not grace you with my $500 Bulldawwg Club donation and renew ma season tickets!"***

What did she ask??? I missed this.

And more importantly....why was she on the phone after a game and not in the kitchen making supper??

Thick
12-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Until you guys start ponying up some money, I would not make fun of those that do.

Bothrops
12-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Dan definitely seems like he's acting out of spite.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Until you guys start ponying up some money, I would not make fun of those that do.
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29400000/Just-trying-to-defuse-the-tension-harry-potter-vs-twilight-29483628-271-162.gif

AROB44
12-02-2015, 02:09 PM

Or...maybe he made personnel decisions based on what they wanted. Definitely happened at MSU before.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Thick, the cigar boys are basically gone. We do have one booster that's still boisterous when it comes to athletics..... think about the Ray firing. But Mullen isn't bad with boosters..... that's a bunch of crap. He's actually pretty accommodating. Ben Howland takes it to another level, but Mullen isn't bad.

MSUDawg99
12-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Boosters meddling at MSU? That's hard to believe. ***********************************************

Boosters meddling at any school? That's hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******************

Imagine if he were at Texas or Bama?

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm typically one the believes that boosters should stay out of this stuff, but if Mullen can't handle our boosters, good luck taking a job that bigger than ours, good luck with that. That's reality

Johnson85
12-02-2015, 02:18 PM
could be his "relationship (or lack there of) with certain football donors. He's been called to Keenum's office several times, but twice this year fiscal year.

This would be an explanation of why Dan's name comes up with a bunch of ridiculous jobs that he doesn't get. He's just giving the finger to donors he hates and to Keenum/Stricklin if they've had a fallen out also. Still seems kind of far fetched though that he would throw his names out there like that publicly before knowing he has a job. If he wants to leave, he hurts the donors by leaving. Having hsi name thrown out there and then not leaving hurts him just as much or more as any donor or Keenum/Stricklin.

Duckdog
12-02-2015, 02:18 PM

UP VOTE!

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm sure you have an impeccable source on that.

If you can't see that the media has turned this into a shit show and Mullen helped by saying "no comment," I don't know what to tell you. Let me be clear, I want him to stay, but every minute this situation goes unaddressed at this point is pretty telling indication to me that he's not as committed as he should be. Whether he's actively shopping this minute or just too stubborn to respond the the media is up for debate, but the fact that this is a 3-ring circus is beyond arguing.

BossDawg
12-02-2015, 02:20 PM

What was the call all about?

Anyone? Anyone?

TrapGame
12-02-2015, 02:21 PM
What was the call all about?

Anyone? Anyone?

She asked about injuries and Dan blew a gasket. Told her to be a real fan and buy a ticket and see who's playing and who's not. (or something along those lines)

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2015, 02:24 PM
She asked about injuries at the weekly call in show, it was the week redmond went down.
He told her she would have to buy a ticket to find out on saturday.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Boosters meddling at any school? That's hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******************

Imagine if he were at Texas or Bama?

Very true. But theirs have mostly meddled successfully over the years. Ours haven't.

Lloyd Christmas
12-02-2015, 02:29 PM
She asked about injuries and Dan blew a gasket. Told her to be a real fan and buy a ticket and see who's playing and who's not. (or something along those lines)

And people wonder why he sucks at recruiting.

PassInterference
12-02-2015, 02:30 PM

Really hoped to see Bracky in that statement. Although some say Bracky is representing Keenum, who is the head of that snake.

John Farley
12-02-2015, 02:30 PM
My only question is does this birdy actually talk to the source. Or does he talk to someone who talks to the source.

Sorry. You hang a curve it's gonna get hit. Hail State boys

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 02:32 PM
If you can't see that the media has turned this into a shit show and Mullen helped by saying "no comment," I don't know what to tell you. Let me be clear, I want him to stay, but every minute this situation goes unaddressed at this point is pretty telling indication to me that he's not as committed as he should be. Whether he's actively shopping this minute or just too stubborn to respond the the media is up for debate, but the fact that this is a 3-ring circus is beyond arguing.

He feels he doesn't need to answer the media..... basically says it's redundant.

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Really hoped to see Bracky in that statement. Although some say Bracky is representing Keenum, who is the head of that snake.

I'm told he's protected by the SEc office, but that could just be cover for Keenum. Who knows... No point in worrying about it because it's unlikely to change.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 02:34 PM

We should call them the Virginia Slims instead

So let it be written, so let it be done.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm told he's protected by the SEc office

That's bunk. The SEC office doesn't have control on who a university employs or what job each employee performs.

smootness
12-02-2015, 02:43 PM
This site is going to crap in a hurry.

Thick
12-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Thick, the cigar boys are basically gone. We do have one booster that's still boisterous when it comes to athletics..... think about the Ray firing. But Mullen isn't bad with boosters..... that's a bunch of crap. He's actually pretty accommodating. Ben Howland takes it to another level, but Mullen isn't bad.

The "Cigar boys" might be, but there are others that donate and don't tell everyone. That's why no one really doesn't know exactly who they are. They are smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

Dawgbite
12-02-2015, 02:46 PM
The only place that this is a SHIT STORM is on a couple of message boards and Bonners twitter. Since Dan is on the road recruiting, whatever staff weenie is in charge of perusing the interwebs for anything Dan related, has been unable to deliver his report to Dan. Therefore, he probably has no idea that the entire internet connected fan base is about to melt down. Once he realizes what is happening, he will clear everything up.

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 02:48 PM
The only place that this is a SHIT STORM is on a couple of message boards and Bonners twitter. Since Dan is on the road recruiting, whatever staff weenie is in charge of perusing the interwebs for anything Dan related, has been unable to deliver his report to Dan. Therefore, he probably has no idea that the entire internet connected fan base is about to melt down. Once he realizes what is happening, he will clear everything up.

This made me laugh. Well done.

BeastMan
I'm so sick of our juvenile boosters. They pitched a fit and sabotaged Strick's Stans replacement hire by doing interviews on their own. Now they want the best coach in MSU history to bow down over something stupid? How about pulling the rope in the same direction instead of fighting Strick and Dan at every turn? If I was Dan I'd tell them to kiss my ass too. "Their way" had us in the toilet for MSU entire history minus a few years of Jackie.

Todd4State

And Dan needs to actually follow through with tangible changes rather than just fire the DC every year.

smootness

I do believe this is only a massive deal in the minds of a section of our fan base. And they basically completely made most of it up so...

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 02:49 PM
That's bunk. The SEC office doesn't have control on who a university employs or what job each employee performs.

LT. Have no clue if it's legit. Just passing along what I was told. Doesn't really matter either way, does it?

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm so sick of our juvenile boosters. They pitched a fit and sabotaged Strick's Stans replacement hire by doing interviews on their own. Now they want the best coach in MSU history to bow down over something stupid? How about pulling the rope in the same direction instead of fighting Strick and Dan at every turn? If I was Dan I'd tell them to kiss my ass too. "Their way" had us in the toilet for MSU entire history minus a few years of Jackie.

After Strick hired Rick Ray I'm not sure the boosters are the ones who were wrong.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2015, 02:50 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/81/1a/5e/811a5e96661a4cd19aa48076101c72e4.jpg

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 02:52 PM
LT. Have no clue if it's legit. Just passing along what I was told. Doesn't really matter either way, does it?

LT may be in the ear of Keenum, but Bracky serves at the pleasure of Keenum not LT.

BeastMan
12-02-2015, 02:53 PM
After Strick hired Rick Ray I'm not sure the boosters are the ones who were wrong.

He had another bigger name ready to go and it was sabotaged because some boosters thought they could get Payne of their own. The same Payne who interviewed and didn't get swac jobs. Their fit and sabotage left strick with no one to hire and little interest in the job. The audacity to conduct informal interviews on your own is hilarious.

Thick
12-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Did Mullen really tell a female fan that asked a question, "to buy a ticket and go to the game"? Think about that for a minute. Would you allow anyone to speak to your wife over an innocent question like that?

mstatefan91
12-02-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm a cigar boy, and I haven't heard anything about this.

Oh... wait... you meant money boys...

mstatefan91
12-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Did Mullen really tell a female fan that asked a question, "to buy a ticket and go to the game"? Think about that for a minute. Would you allow anyone to speak to your wife over an innocent question like that?
Yes he did and no, I wouldn't. I would get up and walk out of the Dawg House and tell MSU to shove it until we got a formal apology or he left.

But... money talks and bull shit walks so..

BeastMan
12-02-2015, 02:56 PM

Mullen is an asshole. No debating that. I'd rather have an asshole who is literally the only coach in over a hundred years of school history that wins consistently than a nice guy that goes 3-8.

Lloyd Christmas
12-02-2015, 02:56 PM

No, I'd want to kick his ass.

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 02:57 PM
He had another bigger name ready to go and it was sabotaged because some boosters thought they could get Payne of their own. The same Payne who interviewed and didn't get swac jobs. Their fit and sabotage left strick with no one to hire and little interest in the job. The audacity to conduct informal interviews on your own is hilarious.

I know there were two lanes on that which weren't being coordinated as well as they could be, but I have never been given an explanation as to how an original hire was sabotaged. The names that were rumored weren't interested out the gate.

Thick
12-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Mullen is an asshole. No debating that. I'd rather have an asshole who is literally the only coach in over a hundred years of school history that wins consistently than a nice guy that goes 3-8.

So you would allow someone to talk to your wife like that? I bet she appreciates you.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Fighting Strick? Strick rolls the red carpet out with open hands.

MafiaDawg
12-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Who gives a shit if he mouthed off to some question on a call in show. Have yall ever heard a Saban interview?

BeastMan
So you would allow someone to talk to your wife like that? I bet she appreciates you.

I said Mullen is an asshole. I'm not debating that. I didn't care for how he talked to her. Is that supposed be a good reason Mullen needs to go?

mstatefan91
Who gives a shit if he mouthed off to some question on a call in show. Have yall ever heard a Saban interview?

Yeah. He mouths off to the media. Not his fans. Big difference.

PassInterference
12-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Depends on the tone. I've heard many coaches and reporters say that to find out who is injured you'll have to watch the game.

Without hearing the context and the tone, I'm not buying for a second the internet rumor that Mullen was out of line.

BeastMan
12-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Bingo. If the woman keeps up with MSU sports to the point that she calls in coaching shows, she probably knew Mullen didn't talk injuries. It's pretty damn obvious at this point that you ask Mullen about injuries at your own risk.

mstatefan91
12-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Depends on the tone. I've heard many coaches and reporters say that to find out who is injured you'll have to watch the game.

Without hearing the context and the tone, I'm not buying for a second the internet rumor that Mullen was out of line.

This is true. It could have been said in a more joking tone than we realize, but given the fact that the guy who handles the fan questions at Dawg Talk now tells people not to ask about injuries, I've gotta think that Dan was being serious.

BeastMan
12-02-2015, 03:03 PM

You can take my word for it that he was an asshole to that lady. You don't need context or tone. He's been an asshole since he got here and I'm just fine with that.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 03:04 PM

Come on, four years later and you can't even say the name?

Thick
12-02-2015, 03:04 PM
I said Mullen is an asshole. I'm not debating that. I didn't care for how he talked to her. Is that supposed be a good reason Mullen needs to go?

Have I EVER stated he needed to go????? Allow me....NOPE!!!

TrapGame
12-02-2015, 03:05 PM

I heard it. He was a total arrogant ass to her. He could have said no comment, next question.

Dan has never, to my knowledge, popped off to a fan like that before in a public setting.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Well, he told her to buy a ticket and come to the game to find out. Not the most pleasant response but its not like he called a b*tch or a wh*re or something.

BeastMan
12-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Does everyone here talking sides of some unnamed boosters realize that MSU football history has been pure shit? Do we realize we've had the same power boosters and their families forever? Boosters don't deserve 1 iota of credit for the Mullen tenure. Mullen deserves 100% of the credit.

I'm not even saying Mullen is above reproach. He's an asshole. He an asshole for talking to Miami. He needs to recruit better and have his team show up for the big moments. For all his warrants he's the best coach in MSU history and it's not even close.

Johnson85
12-02-2015, 03:07 PM
You can take my word for it that he was an asshole to that lady. You don't need context or tone. He's been an asshole since he got here and I'm just fine with that.

He's abrasive, but he's not an ass hole. Maybe that night he actually snapped at the lady, but just seeing the text, my assumption would have been that he was saying it in a relatively good natured manner but that it still sounded like a dick response to anybody that's spent less than hour or so with him.

mstatefan91
12-02-2015, 03:08 PM
I heard it. He was a total arrogant ass to her. He could have said no comment, next question.

Dan has never, to my knowledge, popped off to a fan like that before in a public setting.

To be fair, Dan is human. The injury was still fresh on his mind and devastating to the team as a whole. Then the media goes and gets the scoop from someone connected to the program and gets it out there which just adds insult to injury (pun intended).

BeastMan
12-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Have I EVER stated he needed to go????? Allow me....NOPE!!!

You haven't and I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. At the end of the day I'm taking your OP as the 100% truth so for fans it should come down to who we're siding with, Mullen the asshole or a whiny booster. I'm with Mullen the asshole.

Johnson85
12-02-2015, 03:10 PM

That should be a ridiculous theory. Is LT really going to use his position to throw shit MSU's way to ensure a cush job for one of his former co-workers? Should be a ridiculous question, but LT basically spent his entire time as athletic director thinking his obligations were just as much or more to the SEC than to MSU, so it's not as ridiculous a question as it should be.

Jack Lambert

Dr. Doolittle.

fishwater99
And Dan needs to actually follow through with tangible changes rather than just fire the DC every year.

He needs to look in the mirror and hire an OC and let him call the plays.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Does everyone here talking sides of some unnamed boosters realize that MSU football history has been pure shit? Do we realize we've had the same power boosters and their families forever? Boosters don't deserve 1 iota of credit for the Mullen tenure. Mullen deserves 100% of the credit.

I'm not even saying Mullen is above reproach. He's an asshole. He an asshole for talking to Miami. He needs to recruit better and have his team show up for the big moments. For all his warrants he's the best coach in MSU history and it's not even close.

Agreed, Mullen deserves full credit for making us now a perennial bowl team. However, without improved recruiting, we are pretty much stuck at the 7-8 win level unless multiple SEC West teams have down years. With that in mind he is not helping the recruiting situation a bit with the job shopping out in the public. There are plenty of coaches that have some informal discussions with various schools yet somehow keep it from turning into a widespread media story that they want out of their current job. Either Mullen and his agent are totally incompetent on how to handle this stuff OR Mullen just wants his name out there with these jobs to feed his ego.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 03:14 PM
That should be a ridiculous theory. Is LT really going to use his position to throw shit MSU's way to ensure a cush job for one of his former co-workers? Should be a ridiculous question, but LT basically spent his entire time as athletic director thinking his obligations were just as much or more to the SEC than to MSU, so it's not as ridiculous a question as it should be.

I would absolutely believe that of LT. He is not our friend at this point and is still very bitter about losing his AD job.

sandwolf
12-02-2015, 03:20 PM

His response was definitely a little bit strong, but it's not like he called her a whore or something. Stop trying to make it into a bigger deal than it was.....and definitely stop acting like you would have gone straight up to BWW and you would have been waiting on him in the parking lot if it had been you.

TrapGame
12-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Agreed, Mullen deserves full credit for making us now a perennial bowl team. However, without improved recruiting, we are pretty much stuck at the 7-8 win level unless multiple SEC West teams have down years. With that in mind he is not helping the recruiting situation a bit with the job shopping out in the public. There are plenty of coaches that have some informal discussions with various schools yet somehow keep it from turning into a widespread media story that they want out of their current job. Either Mullen and his agent are totally incompetent on how to handle this stuff OR Mullen just wants his name out there with these jobs to feed his ego.

My sentiments exactly.

I like Mullen. I really liked when he was an asshole to opposing teams and especially ole miss. But, instead of popping off at a female fan he needs to be popping off to his OL coach for such a shitty OL and his RB coach for not having two really good RBs ready to play at an SEC level.

Brahmabull
12-02-2015, 03:23 PM
You don't know Thick.....

Thick
12-02-2015, 03:23 PM
You can paint him as abrasive or an asshole. You can say that his agent is doing his job or that Dan's actively looking for another job....BUT what you cannot say is that this offseason is NOT hurting his image with fans, alums, the media, maybe recruits, players, and administration.

Thick
12-02-2015, 03:25 PM
His response was definitely a little bit strong, but it's not like he called her a whore or something. Stop trying to make it into a bigger deal than it was.....and definitely stop acting like you would have gone straight up to BWW and you would have been waiting on him in the parking lot if it had been you.

When did I "act" like I was going to the BWW to meet him in the parking lot??

Let me rephrase that. How can you "act" like you going to do something by just typing? You can't Caligula. You can only type what you are going to do.....duh!!

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 03:26 PM
This

Jack Lambert
12-02-2015, 03:26 PM

I just wished he had picked that booger out of his nose before filming thunder and lighting.

Thick
12-02-2015, 03:27 PM
You don't know Thick.....

Hahaha, but it's fun to read!

Thick
12-02-2015, 03:28 PM
I just wished he had picked that booger out of his nose before filming thunder and lighting.

Damn, I saw that too. JL you are too funny!

Brahmabull
12-02-2015, 03:29 PM
I was referring to Sandwolf's comment of you standing in the parking lot waiting on his ass!!

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 03:31 PM
You can paint him as abrasive or an asshole. You can say that his agent is doing his job or that Dan's actively looking for another job....BUT what you cannot say is that this offseason is NOT hurting his image with fans, alums, the media, maybe recruits, players, and administration.

No doubt about that. That Egg Bowl performance this past weekend and the job shopping in the media to go with it has definitely used up a lot of his good will with the fan base.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 03:36 PM

Especially to ask him a question about something he said he won't answer question about like a million times. But that's just me, I guess.

Thick
12-02-2015, 03:38 PM
He really doesn't know me, does he Brahma?

1bigdawg
12-02-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm told he's protected by the SEc office, but that could just be cover for Keenum. Who knows... No point in worrying about it because it's unlikely to change.

Larry Templeton always worshiped the guy....

missouridawg
12-02-2015, 03:47 PM

Honestly, I would've never let my wife ask Mullen a question about injuries. We know he hates talking about them and I, for one, am glad that he doesn't. There is a strategic advantage to not revealing an injury prior to kickoff. It helps MSU when UK doesn't know that our shutdown corner won't be playing until 30 minutes before kick off.

Percho
12-02-2015, 03:50 PM
This made me laugh. Well done.
Smoke signal communications?

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2015, 03:50 PM

Exact quote

Mullen on call in show: "We don't talk about injuries. If you want to find out, buy a ticket and show up Saturday!"

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Exact quote

Mullen on call in show: "We don't talk about injuries. If you want to find out, buy a ticket and show up Saturday!"
There's nothing wrong with that response

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Next time I see Dan in person I'm immediately asking "So, who's hurt right now?"

Treemydawg
12-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Especially to ask him a question about something he said he won't answer question about like a million times. But that's just me, I guess.

Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!!! ***

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Next time I see Dan in person I'm immediately asking "So, who's hurt right now?"

Make sure you are holding a ticket in your hand..doesn't matter to what game...

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Make sure you are holding a ticket in your hand..doesn't matter to what game...

I don't hold tickets.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't hold tickets.

nice

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2015, 04:09 PM
I don't hold tickets.

http://binspired2.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/DISASSOCIATED-e1322646069677.png

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 04:23 PM
This thread was amazing. Thanks to everyone who contributed, thoroughly entertaining.

notsofarawaydawg
12-02-2015, 04:40 PM
What a ****ing circus you guys create carrying on as if you know the real thoughts and actions of a said person or persons. You are worse than the cigar boys. I hope each one of you pat yourselves on the back every night before going to bed because you think you know everything MSU. Jesus guys, get a grip and stop acting like the NMS fans.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 04:44 PM
My sentiments exactly.

I like Mullen. I really liked when he was an asshole to opposing teams and especially ole miss. But, instead of popping off at a female fan he needs to be popping off to his OL coach for such a shitty OL and his RB coach for not having two really good RBs ready to play at an SEC level.

+1

And might I also add allow his DC to do his damn job instead of meddling and then firing them every other year.

Beaver
12-02-2015, 04:46 PM
+1

And might I also add allow his DC to do his damn job instead of meddling and then firing them every other year.

Serious question.. If Mullen doesn't allow Manny to do his job, why did Manny come back?

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 04:48 PM
+1

Which DC, of the two, should he not have fired?

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Serious question.. If Mullen doesn't allow Manny to do his job, why did Manny come back?

I'm guessing Manny was the architect of this "bend but don't break" garbage we've been running Mullen's entire tenure. Manny probably had more freedom in 2010 after Mullen axed Forbush. And it's been said Mullen trusts him. How much he trusts him is up for debate. But if you pay attention, our D hasn't really changed much since 2010, despite being on our 4th DC. And if you'll go watch film of LA Tech from 2014, you'll notice it looks nothing like what Manny did this season.

And when I say Mullen is meddling, what I'm basically saying is he has a certain system he wants run and his DC damn well better follow the system. If he doesn't, he'll be out. I'd say it's very comparable to how JWS handled the offense and his OCs back during his run. The only guy who did anything significantly different was Bruce Arians and The Kang fired him very quickly.

preachermatt83
12-02-2015, 05:09 PM
I don't hold tickets.

Greatest response ever on any board ever. Hack just won the internet

Coach34
12-02-2015, 05:13 PM
.and definitely stop acting like you would have gone straight up to BWW and you would have been waiting on him in the parking lot if it had been you.

lol- thats hilarious. You have no idea who you are telling that to. Except he wouldnt have waited in the parking lot- he would have dragged him outside

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Exact quote

It would have been funny if she had responded, "Can I find out if I just watch the game on TV?"

sandwolf
12-02-2015, 05:22 PM
lol- thats hilarious. You have no idea who you are telling that to. Except he wouldnt have waited in the parking lot- he would have dragged him outside

No he wouldn't have.

MSUDawg99
12-02-2015, 05:24 PM
No he wouldn't have.

Do you know Thick in person?

bulldawg28
12-02-2015, 05:29 PM
This thread is bringing it!!! I'm enjoying this laughter..keep it up.

Coach34
12-02-2015, 05:35 PM
No he wouldn't have.

Yeahhhhhh, cause former SEC Fullbacks are timid

Brahmabull
12-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Sandwolf vs Thick
I will take the bets. I don't know who sandwolf is, but I don't need to know. I know Thick!

MSUDawg99
12-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Sandwolf vs Thick
I will take the bets. I don't know who sandwolf is, but I don't need to know. I know Thick!

THIS!!! I know C34 would take that bet as well.

JohnnyQuid
12-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Sandwolf vs Thick

where'd he say he could or wanted to **** with thick? looks to me he simply said he didn't think he'd walk in BWW and drag our head coach out by his neck into the parking lot and kick his ass in front of God and everybody. I have my doubts about that as well. . but never know. people do dumb shit

have no doubts as a fullback thick was/is a tough guy. some of yall sound like cheerleaders atm tho

my 2 cents

Brahmabull
12-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Dude- relax. It's a joke. Just like 75% of the posts on this board.

Treemydawg
12-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Roy D. Mercer wants to know just how big a boy are ya?

Jack Lambert
12-02-2015, 07:57 PM
where'd he say he could or wanted to **** with thick? looks to me he simply said he didn't think he'd walk in BWW and drag our head coach out by his neck into the parking lot and kick his ass in front of God and everybody. I have my doubts about that as well. . but never know. people do dumb shit

have no doubts as a fullback thick was/is a tough guy. some of yall sound like cheerleaders atm tho

my 2 cents

You get tough and learn how to fight by getting your ass kicked. I have had my ass kick a bunch and I am a big ole boy. Just saying :)

JohnnyQuid
12-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Dude- relax. It's a joke. Just like 75% of the posts on this board.

OH! that's what all these coaching rumor threads were. I get it now***

Treemydawg
12-02-2015, 08:45 PM
OH! that's what all these coaching rumor threads were. I get it now***

Two Tylenol and some vagasil and a good nights rest. Works for my wife everytime.

JohnnyQuid
12-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Two Tylenol and some vagasil and a good nights rest. Works for my wife everytime.

good luck lemme know how it works for men

Treemydawg
12-02-2015, 08:59 PM
good luck lemme know how it works for men

Burn***

HSVDawg
12-02-2015, 09:45 PM
She asked about injuries at the weekly call in show, it was the week redmond went down.
He told her she would have to buy a ticket to find out on saturday.

She didn't even ask about injuries in general. She asked specifically about Redmond and if he was doing OK after the tough break that he had with the injury. This was on Thursday when the Clarion Ledger, Bo Bounds, etc. had already broken the news about the injury even though MSU hadn't released any info officially.

Mullen was a Grade A asshole that night.

Churchill
12-02-2015, 10:06 PM
L
What a ****ing circus you guys create carrying on as if you know the real thoughts and actions of a said person or persons. You are worse than the cigar boys. I hope each one of you pat yourselves on the back every night before going to bed because you think you know everything MSU. Jesus guys, get a grip and stop acting like the NMS fans.

NMS fans wouldn't put up with a pompous ass like Mullen jacking them around like he's doing us right now. He's hurting the hell out of the football program right now and many of our fans are to naive to recognize it and too cowardly to speak out if they did .

Todd4State
12-02-2015, 11:45 PM
L

NMS fans wouldn't put up with a pompous ass like Mullen jacking them around like he's doing us right now. He's hurting the hell out of the football program right now and many of our fans are to naive to recognize it and too cowardly to speak out if they did .

Preach it Winston. It's time for Dan to go for everyone's sake.

smootness
12-03-2015, 12:30 AM
L

Why is this some kind of legitimate barometer?

Ole Miss fans are delusional, take everything personally, and have screwed themselves time and time again. They had David Cutcliffe and fired him so they could hire Ed Orgeron. So, again, why the heck do I care what their fans would or would not do in this situation?

JohnnyQuid
12-03-2015, 12:32 AM
. They had David Cutcliffe and fired him so they could hire Ed Orgeron.

needed someone to get them to the next level. they had peaked**

Todd4State
12-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Why is this some kind of legitimate barometer?

Ole Miss fans are delusional, take everything personally, and have screwed themselves time and time again. They had David Cutcliffe and fired him so they could hire Ed Orgeron. So, again, why the heck do I care what their fans would or would not do in this situation?

One thing I don't like about our fans is they automatically assume that because school A screwed something up it doesn't assume that we would screw it up as well.

smootness
12-03-2015, 12:45 AM
One thing I don't like about our fans is they automatically assume that because school A screwed something up it doesn't assume that we would screw it up as well.

I wasn't saying that because Ole Miss made a bad decision that something similar is guaranteed to happen to us. That wasn't my point at all.

My point is that Ole Miss fans have proven to be irrational and stupid. So why the heck do I care what they would do? If you're going to use another situation as a model for what we should be doing, you should probably pick a situation that didn't end in disaster. That is a really dumb way to try to make a point.

It would be like saying, "Don't worry about the murderous thug in Europe with lots of power who he says he wants to rule the world. Neville Chamberlain wouldn't." I figured Churchill of all people would understand.

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2015, 12:49 AM
Preach it Winston. It's time for Dan to go for everyone's sake.

Any talk of Dan being fired... Because he isn't getting hired away... Is IDIOTIC.

Coach34
12-03-2015, 08:25 AM
You CANNOT FIRE Dan Mullen

Schultzy
12-03-2015, 10:08 AM
L

Actually, they did put up with it from their very own pompous ass coach only 12 months ago.