PDA

View Full Version : SURELY to God Byrne has been lining up potential coaching candidates at this point...

Saltydog
12-02-2015, 12:51 PM
point. If Miami keeps dragging this thing out and it ends up being Mullen I'm afraid we're going to be left scrambling for everyone else's scraps....

Just not sure who in the hell we would get right now that would be an attractive candidate. This shit is getting old, quick.......

Two years ago everyone was sure it was Hud but it appears that's not going to happen.........

RC3
12-02-2015, 12:53 PM
You mean for when we hire rich rod ?

preachermatt83
12-02-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm confused

AROB44
12-02-2015, 12:54 PM
If Miami keeps dragging this thing out and it ends up being Mullen I'm afraid we're going to be left scrambling for everyone else's scraps....

Just not sure who in the hell we would get right now that would be an attractive candidate. This shit is getting old, quick.......

Two years ago everyone was sure it was Hud but it appears that's not going to happen.........

I sure hope not.

DawgInMemphis
12-02-2015, 12:55 PM
I hope Byrne isn't in charge of hiring our next football coach, seeing as how he doesn't work for State anymore.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Miami didn't hire Mullen..... Butch is perfect for them anyways.

scottycameron
12-02-2015, 12:59 PM
If Mullen were to leave, which I'm pretty sure from what I hear he won't, there is a pretty good chance his replacement is already in Starkville. Just what I've heard.

DawgSaint
12-02-2015, 01:01 PM
If Miami keeps dragging this thing out and it ends up being Mullen I'm afraid we're going to be left scrambling for everyone else's scraps....

Wow! So, now we've branched out to worrying about what Byrne is doing at Arizona? Been a crazy week!

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2015, 01:02 PM
If Mullen were to leave, which I'm pretty sure from what I hear he won't, there is a pretty good chance his replacement is already in Starkville. Just what I've heard.

Rockey going to get a chance at redemption?**

gtowndawg
12-02-2015, 01:03 PM

Dear heavens...I assume you mean Diaz??

scottycameron
12-02-2015, 01:04 PM

LOL, good one.

AFDawg
Manny? Eh. I like Manny alright, but I'm not sure about him as a head coach at this point.

gtowndawg

http://s1.dmcdn.net/BKDtI/1280x720--pU.jpg

Ifyouonlyknew
12-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Sleepy Robinson

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Sleepy Robinson

Sarcasterics broken?

scottycameron
Dear heavens...I assume you mean Diaz??

He's got bigtime friends, not just Mullen either. Mullen wasn't the real reason he came back although he was good with it. He's got some folks pretty convinced he's the next big thing. he's pretty impressive in person. Nothing for sure but if something were to happen with Mullen (it won't) there is zero doubt his name is first in the hat anyway. Then you see where it goes from there. Wouldn't be a pressure packed search no matter how late it comes with him being there. Unless he gets an offer elsewhere, where at that point you gotta make a decision.

JoseBrown
Sleepy Robinson

OC- Dicenzo
DC- Tommy Kelly

mstatefan91
12-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Hevesy, Hevesy. He's our man. If he can't do it then well probably someone else can!

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2015, 01:11 PM
I hope everyone knows that what is most likely to happen is for Dan to not get hired. We do all understand that, right?

He has a big buyout, and a top 20 salary. He also isn't everyone's cup of tea. I want him here, and I think when the dust settles, he will stay here. Will it be entirely his decision? Probably not. He is a pro though, and he will figure it out.

I'm not crazy about him wanting to look around. It doesn't help our image at all and it hurts us in recruiting, but it is what it is.

mstatefan91
12-02-2015, 01:12 PM
I hope everyone knows that what is most likely to happen is for Dan to not get hired. We do all understand that, right?

He has a big buyout, and a top 20 salary. He also isn't everyone's cup of tea. I want him here, and I think when the dust settles, he will stay here. Will it be entirely his decision? Probably not. He is a pro though, and he will figure it out.

I'm not crazy about him wanting to look around. It doesn't help our image at all and it hurts us in recruiting, but it is what it is.

Yes, 99% of us are aware of this.

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Apparently Mullen is going to Miami and Herman has been contacted and is very interested.

Quaoarsking
12-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Philip Montgomery will be available if we need a coach. That's the only call we need to make.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Philip Montgomery will be available if we need a coach. That's the only call we need to make.

I would still call others. Jeff Brohm, Richt, Odom, Babers, Lincoln Riley, Schiano, etc. others as well as Montgomery. It has to be a good fit but get a cross section of different guys.

Saltydog
12-02-2015, 01:31 PM
same time...........

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Manny may not survive as our DC. You'd have to be high on crack to hire someone who just gave up 88 points in his last two games to two western division rivals that we need to beat to have a successful year. I'll consider that as conceding football again at MSU, just as we did with Croom.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-02-2015, 01:38 PM
So now that we know Mullen is sticking around, are there any rumors about staff changes?

gtowndawg
12-02-2015, 01:49 PM
He's got bigtime friends, not just Mullen either. Mullen wasn't the real reason he came back although he was good with it. He's got some folks pretty convinced he's the next big thing. he's pretty impressive in person. Nothing for sure but if something were to happen with Mullen (it won't) there is zero doubt his name is first in the hat anyway. Then you see where it goes from there. Wouldn't be a pressure packed search no matter how late it comes with him being there. Unless he gets an offer elsewhere, where at that point you gotta make a decision.

Manny seems like a likable guy. If he takes a low salary and we pay premium dollars for assistants that can croot...why not. It can only get weirder from here I guess...

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 01:52 PM
So now that we know Mullen is sticking around, are there any rumors about staff changes?

We know this???

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Definitely looking like he will stay.

TSUNami
12-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Definitely looking like he will stay.

It's looking like South Carolina/Miami are all that's left and he's certainly seemed on the outside of those discussions

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Manny may not survive as our DC. You'd have to be high on crack to hire someone who just gave up 88 points in his last two games to two western division rivals that we need to beat to have a successful year. I'll consider that as conceding football again at MSU, just as we did with Croom.

Amen. If Strick hires Manny, his ass should be fired when we have to fire Manny - which probably won't be very long.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 02:27 PM

I agree. Montgomery is easily my #1 choice.

BossDawg
12-02-2015, 02:29 PM

Good Lord....that would be about the most Mississippi State thing ever if Dan did leave and we hired from within. That thought just physically made me sick, only because I can actually see that happening.

MSUDawg99
12-02-2015, 02:31 PM
It's looking like South Carolina/Miami are all that's left and he's certainly seemed on the outside of those discussions

Who did UGA hire? I guess I missed that.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Who did UGA hire? I guess I missed that.

Kirby Smart. There was never any doubt he wasn't just their top choice, but their only choice.

PassInterference
12-02-2015, 02:39 PM

Many lost almost his whole secondary to injuries. I'm not worried about Manny.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Apparently Mullen is going to Miami and Herman has been contacted and is very interested.

Where are you getting the indication of Mullen to Miami? He appears to be 4th in line at this point.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Where are you getting the indication of Mullen to Miami? He appears to be 4th in line at this point.

Mullen is in Top 3. Davis is their back up now after those 3.

smootness
12-02-2015, 02:46 PM

While part of me agrees with this, especially as a defensive coach, being a successful HC has much less to do with how you coach any position or side of the ball and much more to do with how you manage the program as a whole. Diaz could be a home run, no one knows.

Matt3467
12-02-2015, 03:08 PM
I say hire Joe Lee Dunn!

sleepy dawg
12-02-2015, 03:18 PM
point. If Miami keeps dragging this thing out and it ends up being Mullen I'm afraid we're going to be left scrambling for everyone else's scraps....

How could he be fully prepared? He's had to hear this every single season for the past 7 years. At what point do you think about the boy that cried wolf and just stop caring?

NCDawg
12-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Yes, 99% of us are aware of this.

And when you keep losing in recruiting year after year, you will lose and ultimately get fired.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2015, 03:28 PM
They probably have their guy and just working out details with agents.

Brahmabull
12-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Does Croom still have a house in Starkville??

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 04:01 PM
While part of me agrees with this, especially as a defensive coach, being a successful HC has much less to do with how you coach any position or side of the ball and much more to do with how you manage the program as a whole. Diaz could be a home run, no one knows.

Oh I agree but I'll be damned if that experiment gets played out at Davis Wade when you e got proven head coaches wanting to come here.

CadaverDawg
12-02-2015, 05:17 PM
You would think a guy that wants to get out of Starkville as bad as Mullen does, would be willing to take a slight pay decrease to get out. No chance a guy wanting to get out that bad would stay, and we know some equal or lesser jobs would take him for less. No way he stays, or the Internet may have been wrong.

AROB44
12-02-2015, 06:33 PM
You would think a guy that wants to get out of Starkville as bad as Mullen does, would be willing to take a slight pay decrease to get out. No chance a guy wanting to get out that bad would stay, and we know some equal or lesser jobs would take him for less. No way he stays, or the Internet may have been wrong.

The internet being wrong .......Blasphemy!!

JohnnyQuid
12-02-2015, 06:44 PM

sources mane**