PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt's dad - good insight if Dave Rowe

M.Fillmore
08-03-2013, 10:11 AM
I ventured to 6Pack for the first time in months to see if the Jeff Brantley HOF voting was pinned.
While there I poked around and found this interesting post from Matt Wyatt's dad talking about Dave Rowe whose awfulness as a broadcaster puts him in the league of David Yellum.

Here goes:
Faustdog, Matt read your comment and told me about it. He just wanted me to know that I am not the only person in America that feels Dave Rowe was in the wrong line of work. I usually advocate restraint when discussing a person's work because, after all, that's how he/she makes a living. However, when someone is as bad and obnoxious as Dave Rowe was, I can't keep my disgust to myself. My poor family members had to listen to me rant about his incompetence for all the years he had the job of giving supposed "commentary" on football games. Tim Brando was bad enough. But, together, the two of them formed the worst football broadcast team in the history of college/professional sports. I know my post is getting long, but you struck a nerve with me. I used to write Jefferson Pilot emails complaining about it. Of course, nobody ever read those emails, but I was trying to get it off my chest. The worst thing Dave did was he constantly tell you what the players and coaches were thinking and what their motives were. It's just not honest to do that. It was as if he never played a down, and I'm pretty sure Tim (combover) Brando never did. Dave afflicted all SEC football fans for several years, and I still hate his voice is attached to some of the greatest replays in some of the greatest games ever. I don't know what he's doing now, but I hope he's better suited for it. By the way, I'm Matt Wyatt's dad.