PDA

View Full Version : Is our problem with head football coach....

DanDority
12-02-2015, 12:31 PM
This is a just a question. Is States problem with football, that we are to top heavy in our salary to the head coach and athletic department, that we can't get good assistants what they require to have a good program?

MafiaDawg
12-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Maybe some truth to that. Hard to tell. Ole miss doesn't seem to have a problem having good recruiting assistants

DanDority
12-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Maybe because they have more money and aren't afraid to pay what is needed.

thf24
12-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Could also be that Dan is a micromanager and thus hard to work for. Don't mistake that for anti-Mullen sentiment, but I think it's pretty clear from our revolving DC door since he's been here and what each has had to say after they've left that it's at least a factor.

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 01:27 PM
We were 8-4 and play in the toughest division in the history of college football. Our coaching seems to be pretty good. We just need to recruit better and maybe tweak the staff some.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Maybe because they have more money and aren't afraid to pay what is needed.

We could definitely pay our assistants more than we do but choose not to. I'm not privy to exactly why but we just recently got up past the 500K mark for DC. Our HC salary is in line but our assistant's pay overall is not.

TSUNami
12-02-2015, 02:12 PM
I think assistant pay is just as important as HC salary. You gotta make the guys feel like the administration believes in them if you want them to do their best work.

MafiaDawg
12-02-2015, 02:14 PM
We Don't need to just pay more just for the sake of paying our current assistants more. But we do need to pay more to keep our good assistants if they get other offers and to attract better outside assistants.

TSUNami
12-02-2015, 02:19 PM
We Don't need to just pay more just for the sake of paying our current assistants more. But we do need to pay more to keep our good assistants if they get other offers and to attract better outside assistants.

You could argue a raise could also raise expectations of current assistants and let them know mediocrity is less tolerated than before. Make them earn their money and hold them accountable if they don't.

mic
12-02-2015, 03:00 PM
there are really good x and o coaches out there that are also good recruiters..
Get them in here.. Pay them.. Cut bait with the ones who are not..

Bama_Dawg
12-02-2015, 03:44 PM
We were 8-4 and play in the toughest division in the history of college football. Our coaching seems to be pretty good. We just need to recruit better and maybe tweak the staff some.

I agree with you on this, but most of our fan base and 90% of this board is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

DanDority
12-02-2015, 04:38 PM
there are really good x and o coaches out there that are also good recruiters..
Get them in here.. Pay them.. Cut bait with the ones who are not..

Now, why is this a problem? Please, for the love of CHRIST tell me it is not someones EGO! I wish we did not but I know we do have ego problems just as everyone does. Ego's are what holds us back.