PDA

View Full Version : D1 Baseball Writer's on Football Fan Approach Affecting Baseball / Coaching Changes

AusTexDawg
12-02-2015, 11:35 AM
http://www.d1baseball.com/columns/rogers-troubling-trend-in-college-sports/

Editorial from Kendall Rogers about whether or not the mentality of football fans and boosters calling for coaching changes sooner or later is trickling down to baseball. Uses both Cohen and Bianco as examples.

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Haven't read this yet, but that's a great concept to think through. Especially considering the rules changes and how that could impact some college's personnel more than others. Coaches need time to adjust. I think Cohen is the man and should be here for a long, long time. We just need to realize that every year isn't going to be a great year. He can't be missing the post season a lot, but once in a blue moon is ok.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Haven't read this yet, but that's a great concept to think through. Especially considering the rules changes and how that could impact some college's personnel more than others. Coaches need time to adjust. I think Cohen is the man and should be here for a long, long time. We just need to realize that every year isn't going to be a great year. He can't be missing the post season a lot, but once in a blue moon is ok.

The only problem with that is he's sub-.500 in SEC play. Is that really good enough for MSU baseball now?

preachermatt83
12-02-2015, 11:55 AM
The only problem with that is he's sub-.500 in SEC play. Is that really good enough for MSU baseball now?

He better get to at least 500 pretty quick. I support John but another year like last year is unacceptable.

preachermatt83
12-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Like Hack said, once in a blue moon but not 50 percent of the time... Not even 30 percent of the time. We should make the tourney 80 percent of the time.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Like Hack said, once in a blue moon but not 50 percent of the time... Not even 30 percent of the time. We should make the tourney 80 percent of the time.

Yes, not THAT difficult. Half or more of the SEC normally gets in the NCAA tournament.