PDA

View Full Version : RG3 and Baylor went 9-3 in 2011, which is the equivalent to 8-4 in the SEC.....

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 11:12 AM
When their Heisman trophy QB left, they were supposed to drop off, said the media. Baylor can't compete without RG3, right?

2012: 7-5 (as we will probably do next year, as we somewhat rebuild)
2013: 11-1
2014: 11-1
2015: 10-2 likely with a win over Texas

2017 is set up to be similar to their 2013, when we'll build up to another peak. If our fans don't get stupid, we might be setting ourselves up for a multiple year peak, rather than a single year like last year.

Our fans need to STFU about Mullen leaving at this point. It's part of the deal. However, this goes both ways. He's making 4 million dollars, and to this point, he's earned it. He's got enough good will at this point to afford a down year, but he better limit the damage and he better be winning in 2017. This is really the bottom line.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Yep. That was why I posted the Rick Cleveland thing.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Damn strong post. This website needs a giant douche and tube of vagisil. Our fans are seriously stupid right now.

DanDority
12-02-2015, 12:22 PM
When their Heisman trophy QB left, they were supposed to drop off, said the media. Baylor can't compete without RG3, right?

2017 is set up to be similar to their 2013, when we'll build up to another peak. If our fans don't get stupid, we might be setting ourselves up for a multiple year peak, rather than a single year like last year.

Our fans need to STFU about Mullen leaving at this point. It's part of the deal. However, this goes both ways. He's making 4 million dollars, and to this point, he's earned it. He's got enough good will at this point to afford a down year, but he better limit the damage and he better be winning in 2017. This is really the bottom line.

Going by your title, that means we would only go 6-6? Right?

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Going by your title, that means we would only go 6-6? Right?
Yes, in this case. Especially since we are adding the P5/BYU type teams every year.

However, you can't compare the strict details too much. The big picture point is that yes, they dropped off some from their hotshot QB but then rose up to even bigger heights. We as fans need to be patient yet hold Mullen to the 4 million dollar standard. Anything less than 6-6 and a bowl next year should probably be a fire-able offense. 4 million is just too much money for that. I think we'll be better than that though, personally.

mic
12-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Yeah but Art Briles name doesn't pop up every year with jobs like.
Rutgers
Maryland
Virgina
Minnesota
Miami ( now twice)

I'm all for Mullen if he wants to be here.. But I want to see more passion and fire.. If anyone thinks his name popping up when every coaching gig comes open doesn't effect recruiting or players that are here now y'all are foolish..

And this is on Scott... You have to let your head coach know that if he entertains coaching gigs that are lateral or worse situations than he has here that he is on very thin ice or even as far as if you interview there u better hope you get it..
CDM isn't bigger than Miss State..
I have no problem with schools like UGA , USCw, or some of the big boys waiting CDM.. Actually helps us when he doesn't get those jobs.. Can be spun to our advantage...

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Yes, in this case. Especially since we are adding the P5/BYU type teams every year.

However, you can't compare the strict details too much. The big picture point is that yes, they dropped off some from their hotshot QB but then rose up to even bigger heights. We as fans need to be patient yet hold Mullen to the 4 million dollar standard. Anything less than 6-6 and a bowl next year should probably be a fire-able offense. 4 million is just too much money for that. I think we'll be better than that though, personally.

4 million is actually the price of admission in the SEC west. It ain't that special anymore.

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 12:31 PM
4 million is actually the price of admission in the SEC west. It ain't that special anymore.
Yeah, and the entire SEC West went bowling too.

Forget that, man. He's still #16 in salary. We can't be dropping below 8 wins after next year.

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Rutgers
Maryland
Virgina
Minnesota
Miami ( now twice)

I'm all for Mullen if he wants to be here.. But I want to see more passion and fire.. If anyone thinks his name popping up when every coaching gig comes open doesn't effect recruiting or players that are here now y'all are foolish..

And this is on Scott... You have to let your head coach know that if he entertains coaching gigs that are lateral or worse situations than he has here that he is on very thin ice or even as far as if you interview there u better hope you get it..
I have no problem with schools like UGA , USCw, or some of the big boys waiting CDM.. Actually helps us when he doesn't get those jobs.. Can be spun to our advantage...
4 of those 5 teams you listed are garbage and Mullen was never going to them.

Stop believing the media.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Rutgers
Maryland
Virgina
Minnesota
Miami ( now twice)

Gary Patterson's name used to come up for every big time coaching job. It's the business..... Gotta take the good with the bad when you have a coach people want.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Gary Patterson's name used to come up for every big time coaching job. It's the business..... Gotta take the good with the bad when you have a coach people want.

And he actually interviewed for Arkansas once for sure finishing second to Petrino and Long visited him the second time, reportedly, before getting Bert. He also interviewed for Nebraska before as well, I believe. Not to mention all the speculations from Auburn, Tennessee, Texas, etc.

BB30
12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Baylor has also recruited very similar to us the last few years, pretty good comparison.

sleepy dawg
12-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Wait, people do actual research before posting on here now? What gives you the right to think rationally?