PDA

View Full Version : Dan's getting hammered on Huntsville radio

Msujd164
12-02-2015, 08:43 AM
This morning. Said he is way to egotistical and thinks he's a lot better than he is. Said the "behind the scenes Dan Mullen" is not a nice guy. Said its ridiculous what he is doing to our program, holding it hostage, and not addressing the rumors head on. Also, no recruit will want to play for him bc he is now viewed as dishonest. I didn't hear the last of it but he pretty much tore Dan a new one.

msstate7
12-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Yeah, Dan is running us in the ground... Only sec schools that have won more the last 2 years are bama and Georgia... Tied with om

Msujd164
12-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Said its ridiculous what he is currently doing as far as shopping his name, and not addressing the situation. He was very complimentary of what we have done last few years. Said Dan is a good coach, but not as good "as Dan Mullen thinks"

Coach34
12-02-2015, 09:00 AM
That's preposterous!!! All this is about is me and my agenda!!!! It's a conspiracy!!!!

Blackout
12-02-2015, 09:05 AM
**** it lets see if we can get HUD's NCAA shit expedited and if he will be fine go ahead and lock him up.

Coach34
12-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Yeah, Dan is running us in the ground... Only sec schools that have won more the last 2 years are bama and Georgia... Tied with om

But we trending down again for a huge rebuild next year

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 09:07 AM
This morning. Said he is way to egotistical and thinks he's a lot better than he is. Said the "behind the scenes Dan Mullen" is not a nice guy. Said its ridiculous what he is doing to our program, holding it hostage, and not addressing the rumors head on. Also, no recruit will want to play for him bc he is now viewed as dishonest. I didn't hear the last of it but he pretty much tore Dan a new one.

Ok. Now I can understand some of that but I've seen and met with Dan and Megan behind the scenes, as many of you have and both of the have been nice. That's a load of crap. Now is he hard on staff and being an ass to them. Yes he has. And has even talked about that. But to say he is overall not a nice guy, not buying that at all.

Statecoachingblows**
12-02-2015, 09:08 AM
I think this is pretty spot on to what many on here have said. Get your name out there here and there get a raise, but you can't do it every single year. It would be nice to just see on the scroll on ESPN-Dan Mullen signed an extension today-and be done with it. He's done great things and should be commended, but at certain point you would think he would understand it's damaging his reputation, recruiting, and fan support. Doesn't doing this every year do more harm than good to his quest for a new job?

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 09:10 AM
This stuff has taken on a life of its own now. The Internet is feeding off the internet. Y'all just need to chill.

BulldogBear
12-02-2015, 09:16 AM
This stuff has taken on a life of its own now. The Internet is feeding off the internet. Y'all just need to chill.

This^^^^^

Is exactly what is happening. But with that said, Mullen and/or Stricklin could squash this with a public statement.

starkvegasdawg
12-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Ok. Now I can understand some of that but I've seen and met with Dan and Megan behind the scenes, as many of you have and both of the have been nice. That's a load of crap. Now is he hard on staff and being an ass to them. Yes he has. And has even talked about that. But to say he is overall not a nice guy, not buying that at all.

Aren't a lot of big time coaches known for being dicks? I've never heard many stories on Saban being a humble down to earth guy. No, it makes sports center if a camera catches him almsot smiling. He's a dyed in the wool hardass.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Aren't a lot of big time coaches known for being dicks? I've never heard many stories on Saban being a humble down to earth guy. No, it makes sports center if a camera catches him almsot smiling. He's a dyed in the wool hardass.

Yeah they are. Some a lot more than others. But I've seen Saban behind the scenes as well and he was nice then. They usually are pricks to their people or media mostly that I have seen. To the general public and a way from cameras a lot of them a pretty nice but can have their moments for sure. Don't know but have heard that Bert at Arkansas can be bad. Petrino has a bad reputation even behind the scenes but know a guy who likes him a lot away from everything.

ClawjoDawg
12-02-2015, 09:36 AM
That's preposterous!!! All this is about is me and my agenda!!!! It's a conspiracy!!!!

Meant as sarcasm but is actually narcissism.**

AROB44
12-02-2015, 09:43 AM
**** it lets see if we can get HUD's NCAA shit expedited and if he will be fine go ahead and lock him up.

This is a joke, isn't it?

Johnson85
12-02-2015, 09:45 AM

The only people I've talked to that have been around Saban behind the scenes are very complimentary of him. He is OCD and intense and the cameras catch that and it makes him look like a miserable person, and he's a fairly private person that hates schmoozing so not many people see anything different.

Johnson85
12-02-2015, 09:48 AM

Mullen is a yankee and a little abrasive so everybody from the south has to spend more than 15 minutes with him to realize he's a good guy. I think with the exception of Richt, how SEC coaches are off the field are basically inverse to how they come off in public. Saban is actually a nicer and better guy than Miles. I don't think either Mullen or Freeze are a degenerate or a saint, but Mullen is actually a better guy.

MadDawg
12-02-2015, 09:50 AM
And we usually get such positive coverage from the Alabama media. I'm baffled.

maroonmania
12-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Mullen is a yankee and a little abrasive so everybody from the south has to spend more than 15 minutes with him to realize he's a good guy. I think with the exception of Richt, how SEC coaches are off the field are basically inverse to how they come off in public. Saban is actually a nicer and better guy than Miles. I don't think either Mullen or Freeze are a degenerate or a saint, but Mullen is actually a better guy.

I think Dan Mullen is a pretty good guy, I will agree however that there is little doubt that Dan Mullen is not as good of a coach as Dan Mullen thinks he is. Ego is certainly a bit of a problem for Dan.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 10:33 AM

I agree with that. Richt probably is the most real nice guy the majority of the time. Spurrier was such a funny prick that it was ok. Don't know about Mahlzan much. Heard he is nice just very low key and can come off dry. Don't know personally though.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 10:39 AM
I think Dan Mullen is a pretty good guy, I will agree however that there is little doubt that Dan Mullen is not as good of a coach as Dan Mullen thinks he is. Ego is certainly a bit of a problem for Dan.

His ego is not any bigger than Bert's. And while you may be right on Mullen (he does have an ego) I think he is a lot better than many on here give him credit for. He is a very sharp coach. He has faults but he is sharp. But a for as ego's bigger than what they truly are, that's about 85% of the coaches anyway. Heck I find my self doing that, luckily my wife is pretty good about knocking me down a few pegs. Ha

Lloyd Christmas
12-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Ego is certainly a bit of a problem for Dan.

Understatement of the year.

bulldawg28
12-02-2015, 10:40 AM

You do have an agenda but every thread isn't about you.Calm down,we get it. Whomever your leeching gave you some info and you made it a story...cool

Maroonthirteen
12-02-2015, 10:42 AM
I think "held hostage" is to strong of language to describe MSU's current status. Mullen and his assistants are on the road recruiting for Miss. State presently. Also, while he may not be completely open about his plans for his future, he hasn't lied about it. He probably really doesn't know. However, we all (and the recruits) know what is going on.......he is waiting on an answer from Miami and USC. Then his decision will be made and he will tell everyone. Until then, he would be a fool to come out say, "hey, Im looking for another job." That would absolutely torpedo our recruiting until another coach was named.

The good news is, USC and Miami will move quickly. I imagine by this time next week. We will know Mullen's future. The recruiting dead period starts Dec 14, by the way.

As for Mullen himself, I can see how he gets the idea that he could have any job. Miami and Tennessee came after him. He has been succesful here. But, yeah! I agree. He is about to get a taste of humble pie, IMO. I see Miami going with Richt or Schiano because of their previous ties. Plus Miami can get them cheaper. If I was USC, I would be looking at Fedora as my #1. It will be interesting to see how Mullen handles coming back if he does. He is still relatively young and has a long career ahead of him. He should have some motivation to keep his resume up, in order to land the Penn St. job in the future.

Coach34
12-02-2015, 10:55 AM
You do have an agenda but every thread isn't about you.Calm down,we get it. Whomever your leeching gave you some info and you made it a story...cool

no- it's just more about the fact I was proven correct yet aGAIN. This was never my "agenda", I got some info, reported it on Elite- and now the entire US now sees it. Well, except for a few State fans that are playing the Kevin Bacon role from Animal House.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 11:10 AM
no- it's just more about the fact I was proven correct yet aGAIN. This was never my "agenda", I got some info, reported it on Elite- and now the entire US now sees it. Well, except for a few State fans that are playing the Kevin Bacon role from Animal House.

http://www.boxdeseries.com.br/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Kevin-Bacon-Animal-House.jpg

Dawgology
12-02-2015, 11:37 AM
I've had lunch with Coach Mullen on a couple of occasions and hung out with him once at the Leo SeaL center with the football players. I thought he was hilarious and seems like a nice guy. He certainly doesn't mind talking X's and O's with you over lunch. I have a lot of friends from up north so maybe what is perceived as rudeness doesn't register with me. He certainly doesn't mind telling someone they are wrong...but I like that in a person. He straight up told my boss (ole miss fan) who was with me that he is pulling for the wrong team. All of this took place in his first three years at state so things may have changed but according to popular rumor and belief he has mellowed so I don't know. I think a lot of it is that certain people who give money and or have pull and who then give info to people don't like being told "no" or that they are wrong. So then this evil, rude, rage-filled Dan is perpetuated.