PDA

View Full Version : Dan, get your shit and get.

Drugdog
12-02-2015, 12:11 AM
I have HAD enough of you interviewing and your name popping up at every opening.
Thank you for your services, but don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 12:26 AM
He hasn't slept in a year, give the man a break. **

TheDawgBiscuit
12-02-2015, 12:32 AM
You guys are freaking ridiculous!!!

Seriously. We have historically sucked butt. Your acting like a insecure girlfriend.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 12:36 AM
You guys are freaking ridiculous!!!

Seriously. We have historically sucked butt. Your acting like a insecure girlfriend.

I think Dan should stay if he didn't get the Miami job, just needs to get to work on the recruiting trail and bust his ass a little, then go compete hard to win the bowl game. He does those things, all is forgiven.

bobcat91
12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
He is our coach so let's forget all the crap and get on about recruiting and winning a bowl to get to 9 wins.

Alldawg
12-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Can understand exploring a top job, but how can you defend Miami?

Dawgface
12-02-2015, 07:53 AM
He is our coach so let's forget all the crap and get on about recruiting and winning a bowl to get to 9 wins.

He doesn't want to be our coach. How do you forget that?

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 08:03 AM

Yeh we have a top 40 recruiting class to protect. I mean we used to be in the 50s so we can't **** this up! Dan please stay we can't survive without you

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Yeh we have a top 40 recruiting class to protect. I mean we used to be in the 50s so we can't **** this up! Dan please stay we can't survive without you

Dude come on. I want recruiting to be better as well but we have averaged mid 20's since Dan as been here and one of his worse classes according to the sites was the Dak class. Go back and look at who all was in that class. And yeah there is a huge gap between 25-30 and 50 in the rankings. You don't want to be below 40. You have the top 5 or 8 depending on year, the next 8-15, then from 15-35 are much closer than people really look at. And no, you dont keep a coach for a recruiting class, ever. You also don't lose your mind over firing a coach either. If he goes, he goes, if not he is still our coach and has us winning games. Until he doesn't or if there's some off the field issue just support the players if you can't support the coach and shut up about him. This doesn't do any good either for recruiting.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Dude come on. I want recruiting to be better as well but we have averaged mid 20's since Dan as been here and one of his worse classes according to the sites was the Dak class. Go back and look at who all was in that class. And yeah there is a huge gap between 25-30 and 50 in the rankings. You don't want to be below 40. You have the top 5 or 8 depending on year, the next 8-15, then from 15-35 are much closer than people really look at. And no, you dont keep a coach for a recruiting class, ever. You also don't lose your mind over firing a coach either. If he goes, he goes, if not he is still our coach and has us winning games. Until he doesn't or if there's some off the field issue just support the players if you can't support the coach and shut up about him. This doesn't do any good either for recruiting.

Never said I didn't support the players but I WILL NOT support a coach that doesn't want to coach my school and actively shops his name around every year and if you believe that it's not him testing the waters then you're a ****ing idiot. I hope all you guys are satisfied with where we currently are because this is our ceiling. Enjoy it because remember we used to be really bad so 6th in the west is not as 7th. Ya know silver linings and shit.
ETA: averaging mid 20's means you're last in the west. So yeh keep pumping that fact

Martianlander
12-02-2015, 08:39 AM
He doesn't want to be our coach. How do you forget that?

This!

Dawgface
12-02-2015, 08:41 AM

Better just close all Mullen threads from this point forward then. Because the anti Mullen sentiment is not going away. What we have now is a divided fan base similar to the Stansbury days. And Mullen has brought this upon himself.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Better just close all Mullen threads from this point forward then. Because the anti Mullen sentiment is not going away. What we have now is a divided fan base similar to the Stansbury days. And Mullen has brought this upon himself.

Bingo. He did this

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Never said I didn't support the players but I WILL NOT support a coach that doesn't want to coach my school and actively shops his name around every year and if you believe that it's not him testing the waters then you're a ****ing idiot. I hope all you guys are satisfied with where we currently are because this is our ceiling. Enjoy it because remember we used to be really bad so 6th in the west is not as 7th. Ya know silver linings and shit.

I didn't say one word in my post about the looking around to other jobs, did I. So read before implying someone is an idiot. And no, this is not our ceiling. He has proved that already. Just last year in fact. And honestly 2010 as well. That just so happen to be the toughest division in history that year. Brutal. I do wish I had a nickel for every poster that has said Dan has hit his ceiling in the past just to be proven wrong. And if last year and 10 wins is his ceiling, I'll take 4 more years of the last two. That puts us about the right time frame to get over the next hump to really start pushing for consistant Top 10-15 years. If we have the right coach then.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 08:58 AM

A lot of this is a hold over from the 2013 wanting Hud mess. It's just been on simmer because he proved them wrong last year. A lot of the same ones were wanting him gone BEFORE the looking for another job stuff all during the season. Not all but a lot of them. Has this added fuel to the fire. You bet. Is that on him? Sure. But there was a divide back then but many had to keep quite because of last year. And this has just added to it. If he goes or is let go, we had better hope the next equals what he has done for the next few years. We are getting close to making that 10 year step with consistency. Need to keep that going to get over that hump for consistant Top 15 type teams.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2015, 09:02 AM
I have HAD enough of you interviewing and your name popping up at every opening.
Thank you for your services, but don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

You never looked at another job?

Jack Lambert
12-02-2015, 09:05 AM

We don't have divided fan base. what we have is a divided message board.

Dawgtini
12-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Preach it Jack. There are some whiny asses on every board who think what Drugdawg said above, but this board has the majority of them, and they are screaming about it like a pre-teen girl. How about we let it play out and then see where we go? I don't always look for a new job, but when I do, I typically look at more than one. Why go through all the trouble for just one situation?

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 09:16 AM

Yep. At least half the fans don't even have a clue about any of this or have just heard in passing about Georgia and Miami and hope he doesn't leave. Some want him to leave anyway and that was before any of this. This has added to it though. A friend and former player has never liked him. Honestly was hoping we lose every game the last two years so we would fire him. Of course he was a Jackie player who honestly wouldn't have come here if another school had room in their class. And his biggest gripe is he is a Yankee and he didn't recognize him and some other former players.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 09:19 AM
I didn't say one word in my post about the looking around to other jobs, did I. So read before implying someone is an idiot. And no, this is not our ceiling. He has proved that already. Just last year in fact. And honestly 2010 as well. That just so happen to be the toughest division in history that year. Brutal. I do wish I had a nickel for every poster that has said Dan has hit his ceiling in the past just to be proven wrong. And if last year and 10 wins is his ceiling, I'll take 4 more years of the last two. That puts us about the right time frame to get over the next hump to really start pushing for consistant Top 10-15 years. If we have the right coach then.

Haha delusion at its finest

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Haha delusion at its finest

Cop out. Debate the facts, don't try to be a superhero and a third grader.

solodawg
12-02-2015, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Jack Lambert;463601]We don't have divided fan base. what we have is a divided message board.[/QUOTE. THIS^^^, all day.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=Really Clark?;463618]Cop out. Debate the facts, don't try to be a superhero and a third grader.[/QUOTE

That would be impressive if I was a 3rd grader and a superhero. You have presented no facts to debate smart guy. The only facts I see is we are getting destroyed in recruiting but yet you think we will be a consistent top 15 team. Rightttttt

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Tell you what... If we finish in the top 15 2 years in a row I will come on this message board and declare you ruler of the world. How's that?

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=Really Clark?;463618]Cop out. Debate the facts, don't try to be a superhero and a third grader.[/QUOTE

That would be impressive if I was a 3rd grader and a superhero. You have presented no facts to debate smart guy. The only facts I see is we are getting destroyed in recruiting but yet you think we will be a consistent top 15 team. Rightttttt

Well you said this is our ceiling and that would be a negative. That would be last year, as far as we know at this point. That is a fact. Quit with infantile ctap and talk to me like an adult like I have done you. I have disagreed but not acted childish. Act the same.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Tell you what... If we finish in the top 15 2 years in a row I will come on this message board and declare you ruler of the world. How's that?

Don't care about any of that. Just recognize we finished in the Top 15 last year and that would be our ceiling. Our floor has been raised, see this year. So we need to build from that.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=GreenheadDawg;463626]

Well you said this is our ceiling and that would be a negative. That would be last year, as far as we know at this point. That is a fact. Quit with infantile ctap and talk to me like an adult like I have done you. I have disagreed but not acted childish. Act the same.

I'm sorry that saying you are delusional hurts your feelings but that's my opinion. We can't compete consistently in the west with the current talent we recruit. It is what it is. The developmental program has hit its limits.

GreenheadDawg
12-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Don't care about any of that. Just recognize we finished in the Top 15 last year and that would be our ceiling. Our floor has been raised, see this year. So we need to build from that.

Clark, you said consistently. Not once every 7 years. That's my point

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Clark, you said consistently. Not once every 7 years. That's my point

I said we are building to that point. Take Oregon for instance. They had a bad history like us. It took them really 20+ years of building but that finally big push over the hump to be a consistant top team was about a decade of mid level consistency. That is what we are in the middle of. Now we also recognize that the level of competition is actually harder than it was for Oregon. So we are not close to where we want to be but we are in a very good cycle for building and raising our floor. Which is just as important as our ceiling. Our coach has done a great in that and I understand nobody has patience in college football but it is what has to happen to be consistant at that level. Didn't say we are there yet. We did hit it just last year though but it won't always be a straight line upward.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=Really Clark?;463630]

I'm sorry that saying you are delusional hurts your feelings but that's my opinion. We can't compete consistently in the west with the current talent we recruit. It is what it is. The developmental program has hit its limits.

Doesn't hurt my feelings. Just if I respect you in a post and don't go the childish route I expect the same consideration.