PDA

View Full Version : With Smart Out, Does Saban

ScreenCaptureThis
12-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Head for the NFL? Smart has been with him for a decade or more. Could be the sign of a jump for Saban.

To make this Mullen coaching rumor related.... Mullen to Alabama.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Jeremy Pruitt to Bama.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Jeremy Pruitt to Bama.

Yep. Cochran to Georgia with Smart. Maybe Napier and Schumann.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Jeremy Pruitt to Bama.

Does this help us with Derrick brown or does he all-the-sudden swing to the tide?

TSUNami
12-01-2015, 10:52 PM
This makes Bama vulnerable, at least for this upcoming season. Pity we don't play them early.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Does this help us with Derrick brown or does he all-the-sudden swing to the tide?

UGA still the overwhelming favorite.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 10:56 PM
UGA still the overwhelming favorite.

Why can't you just humor me?!!! I want to hear he's coming here even if it's a lie**

Blackout
12-01-2015, 10:56 PM
This makes Bama vulnerable, at least for this upcoming season. Pity we don't play them early.

The only thing that would make them vulnerable is if Saban left.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 10:58 PM

You mean when we're still breaking in a new qb, 1/2 our dline, and new cb's? Early or late makes no difference vs bama next year... Gonna be a loss

smootness
12-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Jeremy Pruitt to Bama.

Pruitt will stay at UGA now that Smart is there. So yeah, they're absolutely getting Derrick Brown.

I don't know why Smart leaving would signal anything from Saban, though. He finally took a head job because this is the head job he was always waiting for.

defiantdog
12-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Jeremy Pruitt to Bama.
Yep

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Pruitt will stay at UGA now that Smart is there. So yeah, they're absolutely getting Derrick Brown.

I don't know why Smart leaving would signal anything from Saban, though. He finally took a head job because this is the head job he was always waiting for.

No. Prewitt will not be retained. Muschamp may come over but Georigia will not keep Prewitt. He hurt himself there this year.

smootness
12-01-2015, 11:13 PM
No. Prewitt will not be retained. Muschamp may come over but Georigia will not keep Prewitt. He hurt himself there this year.

It's Smart's decision, and I can guarantee you he is going to want Pruitt there. Pruitt may take more money if Bama offers it, but I would be surprised. He and Smart are close.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 11:18 PM
It's Smart's decision, and I can guarantee you he is going to want Pruitt there. Pruitt may take more money if Bama offers it, but I would be surprised. He and Smart are close.

Smart is not retaining Prewitt. Brown and Rocker are supposedly staying on. But Prewitt will not be. He hurt himself there and they had conversations about who Smart would retain and maybe bring in.

Eta. If he does stay it's because they couldn't get several other guys.

smootness
12-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Smart is not retaining Prewitt. Brown and Rocker are supposedly staying on. But Prewitt will not be. He hurt himself there and they had conversations about who Smart would retain and maybe bring in.

All I'm telling you is a lot of the rumors down here right now are saying Pruitt will stay on as DC. Again, this will be Smart's call.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 11:33 PM
All I'm telling you is a lot of the rumors down here right now are saying Pruitt will stay on as DC. Again, this will be Smart's call.

Ok. Well earlier it was not him it was Muschamp as first choice and while Smart does make the calls there are concerns with Prewitts conduct this year. Big concerns.

djaymsu5
12-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Muschamp to Georgia. Both him and Kirby are UGA alums

smootness
12-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Muschamp may be getting the SC job.

TSUNami
12-01-2015, 11:49 PM
I don't get the muschamp hype. He sucked at Florida (look at them now with the same players as muschamp had), he sucked at Auburn (Jacksonville State 2.0). Why would anybody in the SEC hop on him again after all of that not even a few years ago now?

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 12:24 AM
I don't get the muschamp hype. He sucked at Florida (look at them now with the same players as muschamp had), he sucked at Auburn (Jacksonville State 2.0). Why would anybody in the SEC hop on him again after all of that not even a few years ago now?

He sucked as a head coach at Florida but his defenses were very very good. I think Auburn had just way too many holes to judge him on this year much. Their numbers at the end of the year was a good bit better than the beginning. But I wouldn't be looking at him for head coach. DC...yes, head coach...no

Jack Lambert
12-02-2015, 09:23 AM
He sucked as a head coach at Florida but his defenses were very very good. I think Auburn had just way too many holes to judge him on this year much. Their numbers at the end of the year was a good bit better than the beginning. But I wouldn't be looking at him for head coach. DC...yes, head coach...no

What I can't figure out is why Auburn has so many holes.

Really Clark?
12-02-2015, 09:31 AM
What I can't figure out is why Auburn has so many holes.

Didn't they lose a starter or two in the secondary before the season started? I think some of it was entitled recruits not putting out effort. I know he benched a lot of guys and changed lineups all during the season until they all finally settled down. Boom ain't exactly Mr. Kid Gloves.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 09:43 AM
I think if Bama wins it all this year that there is a 50-50 chance Saben either heads to the NFL or retires. If they don't win it I think he will be back. Root hard for Bama from here on out.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 09:52 AM
I think if Bama wins it all this year that there is a 50-50 chance Saben either heads to the NFL or retires. If they don't win it I think he will be back. Root hard for Bama from here on out.
He's going to retire a college football coach. The NFL dream is over.

Duckdog
12-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Dan to Bama

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 11:15 AM
He's going to retire a college football coach. The NFL dream is over.

That's what they said about Pete Carroll too. Saben is a bit older but I still wonder if his ego doesn't want one more shot at the NFL with a better organization. I'm a Dolphins fan from childhood but the organization down there sucks. It was even worse when Saben was there.