PDA

View Full Version : Lost in all this mess is what just happened to Ole Miss...

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Their best recruiting class ever, that was supposed to compete for a national title and win SEC championships, just missed Atlanta because of a wild overtime play against Arkansas. They are cursed to never grace the doorsteps of the SEC Championship game. They've never been. NEVER!!!! And their best class ever is leaving for the NFL en mass. It's over. Freeze struck out.

If he can't get it done with that class, will he ever? I mean how in the hell can you lose to Memphis and Arkansas in a year this important to their program? Was he doing Memphis a favor because he used to live there? Because otherwise you think he would've had his team prepared to play. It seems appropriate that Arkansas outlasted Ole Miss in OT though. The kids that put in the hard work to be in great shape win those type of games. Those are ones you toss the W to the strength coach, and apparently Arkansas kicked their asses last summer and they just didn't know about it yet.

I can't believe they missed the SEC Championship this year. This was their best shot at glory.

Big4Dawg
12-01-2015, 08:57 PM
You forgot he has another one of these classes coming in and if he keeps recruiting at the level they do, they will win the West long before we even sniff it again. But keep spinning

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Don't you know, that class was small potatoes. 2016 is the Best Class Evvaaaaa!

BossDawg
12-01-2015, 08:59 PM
That would sting knowing you were that close to locking down the West. Not just the freak 4th and 25 lateral, but the facemask penalty that gave them another shot at the 2 point conversion.

RC3
12-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Is this supposed to make me feel better? They are going to the sugar bowl

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Their best recruiting class ever, that was supposed to compete for a national title and win SEC championships, just missed Atlanta because of a wild overtime play against Arkansas. They are cursed to never grace the doorsteps of the SEC Championship game. They've never been. NEVER!!!! And their best class ever is leaving for the NFL en mass. It's over. Freeze struck out.

If he can't get it done with that class, will he ever? I mean how in the hell can you lose to Memphis and Arkansas in a year this important to their program? Was he doing Memphis a favor because he used to live there? Because otherwise you think he would've had his team prepared to play. It seems appropriate that Arkansas outlasted Ole Miss in OT though. The kids that put in the hard work to be in great shape win those type of games. Those are ones you toss the W to the strength coach, and apparently Arkansas kicked their asses last summer and they just didn't know about it yet.

I can't believe they missed the SEC Championship this year. This was their best shot at glory.

Lost in the mess of this post is we got dominated by members of that class two years in a row. As much as I want to hate on them for winning at all costs with a bunch of hessians that most likely underwhelmed, they won and we lost. Now they get to enjoy partying on Bourbon Street and the Sugar and our students get free pants and us fans get to drive to Charlotte.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Lost in the mess of this post is we got dominated by members of that class two years in a row. As much as I want to hate on them for winning at all costs with a bunch of hessians that most likely underwhelmed, they won and we lost. Now they get to enjoy partying on Bourbon Street and the Sugar and our students get free pants and us fans get to drive to Charlotte.

I'm unsure what my post had to do with State or the Egg Bowl. They kicked out asses. it sucked. But it still doesn't change that they just missed on their best chance at Atlanta because of a freak play.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 09:05 PM
That class was top heavy. They will really be average next year. If he signs another good class this year, they will be good again in two years but they will not win the SEC. They cannot build enough depth to do it. I also think they are going to lose some scholarships and NCAA sanction are going to bite them simply because Bama, GA and Florida are pissed at them and they carry a lot of weight with the NCAA and SEC.

RC3
Glad they didn't win a national championship. They really had the ability to be in the hunt. They did underachieve and I'm
Glad for that. Doesn't take the sting of the loss out at all

UMCDawg16
I'm with you hack. People on this board make too much of the egg bowl. Its nice but it isn't everything, I'd take a trip to Atlanta over winning the egg bowl, every single year. OM didn't bring those guys in to win a egg bowl. They brought them in to get to Atlanta. I think its hilarious the way in which they missed out.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Yep, this was THEIR YEAR Their best recruiting class EVAH, and they finished with one more win than we did. I said it before the year started if they didn't win it all then Freeze is a total failures a COACH and should be fired. How could they miss this year? It's mind boggling.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
I'm unsure what my post had to do with State or the Egg Bowl. They kicked out asses. it sucked. But it still doesn't change that they just missed on their best chance at Atlanta because of a freak play.

I thought this was a Mississippi State board. With your post, why don't you go celebrate with Bert Bulimia or Nick Saban? They are probably in a more festive mood.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM

They didn't go all in on recruiting to beat us. They were supposed to go to Atlanta and WIN. They failed miserably.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 09:11 PM
I thought this was a Mississippi State board. With your post, why don't you go celebrate with Bert Bulimia or Nick Saban? They are probably in a more festive mood.

True. I'll be back later. Gonna call Bret and see if he wants to hang out.

RC3
12-01-2015, 09:12 PM
I'd hang out with his wife

mparkerfd20
12-01-2015, 09:12 PM
You guys are the very definition of obsessed.

Blackout
12-01-2015, 09:13 PM
They didn't go all in on recruiting to beat us. They were supposed to go to Atlanta and WIN. They failed miserably.

They aren't done.. They will push the envelope even more

We refuse to try

nsvltndog
12-01-2015, 09:14 PM
I look at the miracle play that happened to them vs. Arkansas as the offset to the miracle play that allowed them to beat Alabama.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 09:14 PM

I'll be he's a helluva a good time to hit Vegas with.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 09:15 PM
I look at the miracle play that happened to them vs. Arkansas as the offset to the miracle play that allowed them to beat Alabama.

That's the Sweet Baby Jesus making his magic. At least that's what I want Freeze to think... :cool:

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-01-2015, 09:16 PM

Mullen has been talking about winning championships for years now. Didn't he brag about being Egg Bowl Champions? I guess that means we failed, too since we can't even count that.

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 09:16 PM
If freeze and ole miss struck out the last 3 years, what the hell did Mullen and State do? Stay on the bench?

Spin it any way you want to make you feel better, but they have done a better job in the last 3 years then us.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 09:19 PM
If freeze and ole miss struck out the last 3 years, what the hell did Mullen and State do? Stay on the bench?

Spin it any way you want to make you feel better, but they have done a better job in the last 3 years then us.

Uh... We were number 1 last year. Not them. We finished higher in conference, as usual...

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 09:19 PM

Did I miss where they finished higher than is last year? Or the year before?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-01-2015, 09:20 PM

Funny! Have to admit that would be a blast!

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Lol. Pretty pathetic to try to find comfort in your rival stricking out when we were not even good enough to bat

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Lol. Pretty pathetic to try to find comfort in your rival stricking out when we were not even good enough to bat

Get out of here! We were right there last year with a better chance than them with a better regular season record than have this year.

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Uh... We were number 1 last year. Not them. We finished higher in conference, as usual...

They beat us head to head. They have more SEC West wins than us. Their QB out played our best player in history when it counted. Back to back NY6 bowls for them

And they are killing us in recruiting so it looks like they will continue to whip our ass.

Anyone that trys to say we have had a more successful 3 years them they have, doesn't understand football

PassInterference
12-01-2015, 09:30 PM

You are too optimistic. The truth is Ole Miss needed a few freak plays at Tuscaloosa to be in position to beg against fluke play vs Arkansas.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 09:37 PM
You are too optimistic. The truth is Ole Miss needed a few freak plays at Tuscaloosa to be in position to beg against fluke play vs Arkansas.

True.

Listen folks- I hate Ole Miss than anyone on this board and will fight you over it if you disagree. Losing the Egg Bowl sucks beyond belief. But here's what's real- we built a team, developed our guys and got to where we got based on our efforts and our program. We did not commit millions in 2013 to buy a one-time recruiting class with the hopes of winning a championship. That's the difference here. Don't give me the Bracky shit, don't tell me "everyone cheats", etc. That's all bullshit. Partially true perhaps, but OM put 7 FIGURE money on the line to try to buy a title and failed.

Fvck 'em in their bow tie covered pussies, that's what I say.

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 09:42 PM
"One time recruiting class"

lol

If by one time you mean more than once, i agree, because this recruiting class will be just as good or better.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Y'all just don't know how to play the game do you? THAT is one thing the Confederates do WAY better than us.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
"One time recruiting class"

lol

If by one time you mean more than once, i agree, because this recruiting class will be just as good or better.

Listen Mr. 32 Posts. If you think Shea Patterson is worth a shit, allow me to introduce you to Kyle Allen. An overrated numbers pumping under-sized high school QB. He won't be worth a fvcking shit in SEC play. And he is propping up that class. Yes, if we shit the bed down the stretch it could be a challenge and their class may be decent. But it will never be 2013 and if you think Patterson will contribute anywhere near Treadwell or Nkemdiche you are a ****ing high ass hippie deadhead with his fvcking head up his ass. Calm the fvck down, Bobo.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Listen Mr. 32 Posts. If you think Shea Patterson is worth a shit, allow me to introduce you to Kyle Allen. An overrated numbers pumping under-sized high school QB. He won't be worth a fvcking shit in SEC play. And he is propping up that class. Yes, if we shit the bed down the stretch it could be a challenge and their class may be decent. But it will never be 2013 and if you think Patterson will contribute anywhere near Treadwell or Nkemdiche you are a ****ing high ass hippie deadhead with his fvcking head up his ass. Calm the fvck down, Bobo.

Maybe we should remind him that Freeze signned two 4*s three years ago and still had to go to Juco to get a QB. He will get zero development at Ole Miss and when Kelly leaves Freeze will do what the past two other Ole Miss head coaches have done, go out and find a transfer QB to come in and save his ass.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Maybe we should remind him that Freeze signned two 4*s three years ago and still had to go to Juco to get a QB. He will get zero development at Ole Miss and when Kelly leaves Freeze will do what the past two other Ole Miss head coaches have done, go out and find a transfer QB to come in and save his ass.

Much easier to buy a transfer that has given up on the dream and just wants to wrap it up and go to the draft or extract a few dollars before their glory days are over.

ILOATHEBears
12-01-2015, 09:57 PM
I think it's HILARIOUS! They miss out on ATL on a 4th &25 and Tenn misses their chance on a 4th & 14 by Florida. Those 2 plays turn out different then 2 diff teams are playing this Saturday

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:03 PM
I think it's HILARIOUS! They miss out on ATL on a 4th &25 and Tenn misses their chance on a 4th & 14 by Florida. Those 2 plays turn out different then 2 diff teams are playing this Saturday

Correct.

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 10:03 PM

Ok Mr. 1,700 post of trying to spin the truth to make thing look better. I only need 1600 or so more post of shovelling maroon colored bullshit to achieve the heighten state of denial and message board celebrity that you have

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Ok Mr. 1,700 post of trying to spin the truth to make thing look better. I only need 1600 or so more post of shovelling maroon colored bullshit to achieve the heighten state of denial and message board celebrity that you have

Dude- my point is that you're piping up at the wrong time on the wrong topic. What is your agenda here? Just to come promote Ole Miss recruiting? I find that suspect...

I'll make you a deal though. If you really love this OM recruiting class so much, PM me your address and I'll send you some OM gear for NSD so you can celebrate in style. I'm sure Shea Patterson is selling autographs already...

mparkerfd20
12-01-2015, 10:14 PM
This board is full of dumb****s when it comes to talking about Ole Miss.

RealHastings
12-01-2015, 10:24 PM
You guys make my head hurt really bad. Can we ban this troll already?

LC Dawg
12-01-2015, 10:25 PM
I disagree on their 2013 class not being a huge success. I know their fans expected a championship but the fact is that Alabama still signed a better class that year and Ole Miss is a freak play from playing in the SEC championship instead of Bama. They are about to play in their 2nd consecutive NY6 bowl and so far the only price they have paid is their LT missed a little over half a season. It sucks but it is what it is. Dan or whoever is coaching us next year has their work cut out for them.

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Dude- my point is that you're piping up at the wrong time on the wrong topic. What is your agenda here? Just to come promote Ole Miss recruiting? I find that suspect...

I'll make you a deal though. If you really love this OM recruiting class so much, PM me your address and I'll send you some OM gear for NSD so you can celebrate in style. I'm sure Shea Patterson is selling autographs already...

All i did is respond to a thread ABOUT OLE MISS' RECURITING.

This thread was started about ole miss' recruiting class of 2013. I was not the one that started. I did point out the fact that by virtually every measurable way that class, and the following three years, were more sucessful than what we did. It just is. People get upset when they start a thread that is full of holes.and scream "ban the troll" if someone points out the holes.

People shouldnt start threads if they cant handle someone pointing out their faulty logic

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 10:49 PM

This thread was started about ole miss' recruiting class of 2013. I was not the one that started. I did point out the fact that by virtually every measurable way that class, and the following three years, were more sucessful than what we did. It just is. People get upset when they start a thread that is full of holes.and scream "ban the troll" if someone points out the holes.

People shouldnt start threads if they cant handle someone pointing out their faulty logic

Except we finished ahead of them for 2 of the 3 years and was just as close to winning the West last year and had a better record last year than their best year, this year.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:50 PM

If my math is correct, the two programs have the same number of wins over that span of time, and Ole Miss has one more NY6 bowl (a game they haven't actually been assigned yet) vs. MSU. That's your huge indicator of success for 2013? Seriously, I just don't understand it. Yes they've received a ton of hype over it, but on the field I don't think the results are nearly as clear as you're indicating. To me, if you spend over a couple of million dollars trying to buy 3 or 4 players and this is the best you can do, what is the point? I think that's Hack's point as well.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Except we finished ahead of them for 2 of the 3 years and was just as close to winning the West last year and had a better record last year than their best year, this year.

This too.

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 11:00 PM
If my math is correct, the two programs have the same number of wins over that span of time, and Ole Miss has one more NY6 bowl (a game they haven't actually been assigned yet) vs. MSU. That's your huge indicator of success for 2013? Seriously, I just don't understand it. Yes they've received a ton of hype over it, but on the field I don't think the results are nearly as clear as you're indicating. To me, if you spend over a couple of million dollars trying to buy 3 or 4 players and this is the best you can do, what is the point? I think that's Hack's point as well.

Well they beat us head to head 2 of 3 times, and both were ass kicking, so we cant claim we had a better team. Also they had.a better record against SEC West teams. The hype helps build recruiting and momentum for the future.

The olny argument for State being more sucessful lies in the fact we drew shitty east teams.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 11:07 PM
Well they beat us head to head 2 of 3 times, and both were ass kicking, so we cant claim we had a better team. Also they had.a better record against SEC West teams. The hype helps build recruiting and momentum for the future.

The olny argument for State being more sucessful lies in the fact we drew shitty east teams.

So you're blaming the SEC office and the scheduling?! Ole Miss played one of the worst Tennessee teams in recent memory during this stretch too on their home field. How do we balance that out? Listen dude, I see that you're ate up over the Egg Bowl and I hate it too. It sucks. But to make this into some kind of grand statement about Ole Miss beating us in one home game in the Egg Bowl is really not worth it. Plus, you've never addressed my comment about MILLIONS of dollars. This is program-killing stuff. You want to talk about fvcking recruiting, wait till your head coach gets a "show cause" penalty. Have your best player sit out half the season. This is the kind of shit that you have to deal with and I promise you that in a year or two, Ole Miss will be back in the shitter where they belong.

Hang tight.

deadheaddawg
12-01-2015, 11:27 PM
So you're blaming the SEC office and the scheduling?! Ole Miss played one of the worst Tennessee teams in recent memory during this stretch too on their home field. How do we balance that out? Listen dude, I see that you're ate up over the Egg Bowl and I hate it too. It sucks. But to make this into some kind of grand statement about Ole Miss beating us in one home game in the Egg Bowl is really not worth it. Plus, you've never addressed my comment about MILLIONS of dollars. This is program-killing stuff. You want to talk about fvcking recruiting, wait till your head coach gets a "show cause" penalty. Have your best player sit out half the season. This is the kind of shit that you have to deal with and I promise you that in a year or two, Ole Miss will be back in the shitter where they belong.

Hang tight.

lol.

We have all the classic message board excuses in this thread. "Ban the troll" "They cheat! There is no proof, but they do!"

Seriously. It is the same old spin material that all programs do when they are not keeping pace with their rival.

Remember when mullen said only 1 team in this state was on the rise? Well that has been completely flipped. They are whipping us on the field, they are whipping us in recruiting, and we don't even know if our coach is going to be here next year.

But i guess we can hope the NCAA comes and saves our ass because that is the only thing we got going on right now.

I think these things go in cycles and we will flip it back on them in a few years, IF we get mullen recruiting at a higher level or end up making the right hire if he leaves. Frankly I think we should start spending heavy in assistant coaches, maybe even grab a couple from Freeze's staff and double their salaries. A couple that know EVERYTHING that goes on over there.

But talking about what we should do is another subject. This thread is about ole miss recruiting, and frankly we are not in a position to make fun of their recruiting or sucess. It makes state fans look foolish and obsessed. They got the momentum. They are the program on the rise. Lets change that. Lets quit embarrassing ourselves trying to claim that have not beem doing things better than us the last 3 years

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 11:48 PM
But talking about what we should do is another subject. This thread is about ole miss recruiting, and frankly we are not in a position to make fun of their recruiting or sucess. It makes state fans look foolish and obsessed. They got the momentum. They are the program on the rise. Lets change that. Lets quit embarrassing ourselves trying to claim that have not beem doing things better than us the last 3 years

Agreed on the comment about stealing one of their guys and the playbook- no doubt that would be interesting.

No one is embarrassing themselves. The recruiting class was good by the rankings. On the field they did ok. They won a few really big games, lost some real head scratchers too. Ignore the NCAA stuff, that's fine with me. What they did is not sustainable. Mark my words, Shea Patterson is going to be a shitty SEC QB. Guys that size need to have tons of speed and mobility, you can't thrive as a pocket passer. We'll see if he has it, I'm betting he doesn't though. And you take him out of this next class and it's good but not amazing. It's not embarrassing to tell the truth - those guys beat us and recruited better. But to act like they're all world and we're nothing... well I just don't believe that. And in the "human equation", I actually believe the opposite: they're complete and utter dog shit and I wouldn't be associated with them for anything. YMMV (clearly it does).

I'm pissed about the Egg Bowl too man, but Mullen is one game behind Freeze on being .500. We are behind, but it's not insurmountable by any stretch. And MSU is bigger than Mullen, we've shown our program can do things and other coaches will take note of it and consider coming here to build their careers. He won't be the last, although he'll probably be the best QB coach we see for a very long time.

No spin here man, simply facts and they're making you uncomfortable. You'll figure it out though, may just take a little time.

1MidsouthDawg
12-02-2015, 08:35 AM

I agree. It is down hill for him from here. Not to mention they never rose to #1 in land for 5 weeks. Also, they were crushed by Florida, which is still a head scratchier.

Go DAWGs and HAILSTATE!!!

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Mods, feel free to ban the troll.

New posters, don't make your fight defending Ole Miss. It'll probably get you banned.

defiantdog
12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Hopefully, our coaches will figure something out soon. Mullen needs to learn and keep his name out of the media.

Coach34
12-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Hopefully, our coaches will figure something out soon. Mullen needs to learn and keep his name out of the media.

Thats his problem- he enjoys the attention

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Thats his problem- he enjoys the attention

C34- you in the "Dan stays" camp now that the smoke is clearing, he wasn't in hiding last night, etc.? That's where I am but you've been more quiet for the past 24 hours so curious to get your read.

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Wishful thinking.

There are 3 levels of T-shirt worthy 'hardware' in today's college football, IMO, in this order: Winning a national championship, winning a Power 5 conference championship, then winning a Big 6 bowl championship. Each of those cements you as an upper tier program for a few years afterwards. You win a national championship, probably for over a decade, or longer. Conference championship, 5-10 years. Big 6 bowl, at least 3-5.

Bottom line, if they win the Sugar Bowl, it's a landmark season for them. Better hope Baylor steps up. Or Florida.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Better hope Baylor steps up. Or Florida.

This is exactly what we're hoping for, and you should be too. But even if it doesn't happen, I'll still say this is a $2M deal. It's really that simple - they bought 3 or 4 players that swung the pendulum for them and they deserve all the credit in the world for buying those guys. If you think it's anything more than that, you're just fooling yourself and I'm cool with that if you choose to do it. To each their own.

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Wishful thinking.

There are 3 levels of T-shirt worthy 'hardware' in today's college football, IMO, in this order: Winning a national championship, winning a Power 5 conference championship, then winning a Big 6 bowl championship. Each of those cements you as an upper tier program for a few years afterwards. You win a national championship, probably for over a decade, or longer. Conference championship, 5-10 years. Big 6 bowl, at least 3-5.

Bottom line, if they win the Sugar Bowl, it's a landmark season for them. Better hope Baylor steps up. Or Florida.

People scoff at the peach bowl man. Winning that does nothing. It's irrelevant. The orange is a bigger profile bowl than the peach. Always has been and will be hard to remove that thought because of tradition. It shouldn't be that way now that they're all equal, but that's the way it is.

NY6 bowls don't mean crap anymore. Top 12 gets in. That's not "elite". Elite is making the playoff, winning a conference championship, or winning the whole damn thing. Outside of that, everything else is a consolation prize.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 11:41 AM
People scoff at the peach bowl man. Winning that does nothing. It's irrelevant. The orange is a bigger profile bowl than the peach. Always has been and will be hard to remove that thought because of tradition. It shouldn't be that way now that they're all equal, but that's the way it is.

NY6 bowls don't mean crap anymore. Top 12 gets in. That's not "elite". Elite is making the playoff, winning a conference championship, or winning the whole damn thing. Outside of that, everything else is a consolation prize.

Agreed: even top 10 - 15 finishes are really not going to be that great in the playoff era. Once the playoff goes to 8 teams, nothing else will matter at all. Everything else will be a disappointment to Power 5 teams.

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Agreed: even top 10 - 15 finishes are really not going to be that great in the playoff era. Once the playoff goes to 8 teams, nothing else will matter at all. Everything else will be a disappointment to Power 5 teams.

Hell, the orange was a disappointment to us last year because it was a convocation prize to the playoff. You don't think OM fans are pissed they missed the SECCG? Pissed they had no shot at the playoff with their best lineup ever? Y'all are crazy if you think they're satisfied with whipping our ass in the egg. I'm sure it helps remove some of the sting, but they missed on their goals for this group. That can't be argued.

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Hell, the orange was a disappointment to us last year because it was a convocation prize to the playoff. You don't think OM fans are pissed they missed the SECCG? Pissed they had no shot at the playoff with their best lineup ever? Y'all are crazy if you think they're satisfied with whipping our ass in the egg. I'm sure it helps remove some of the sting, but they missed on their goals for this group. That can't be argued.
Of course they are disappointment, but realistically, a 10-3 season with a Sugar Bowl win is a great season. We had a great season last year too, we just don't have a trophy to show for it.

You're wrong on the Peach being less than the others. At this point, all Big 6 are equal. It's an accomplishment, whether you like it or not. If we had won the Orange Bowl last year, that would have been one of the highest marks ever for MSU football.

SDDawg
12-02-2015, 12:07 PM

They are good at redefining the goals and destroying any evidence of prior Natty aspirations...

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Of course they are disappointment, but realistically, a 10-3 season with a Sugar Bowl win is a great season. We had a great season last year too, we just don't have a trophy to show for it.

You're wrong on the Peach being less than the others. At this point, all Big 6 are equal. It's an accomplishment, whether you like it or not. If we had won the Orange Bowl last year, that would have been one of the highest marks ever for MSU football.

I agree the peach should be the same as the Sugar. Outside of the final four, the NY6 are all equal. People just haven't made that transition yet, which is why you see LSU fans bitching about the Peach (when they had a shot at the Peach).

NCDawg
12-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Is this supposed to make me feel better? They are going to the sugar bowl

To which we have never been. Thankful that I got to see us in Atlanta in '98, because that's probably the only time we'll ever go.

Taog Redloh
12-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Good news is, if you get through this, it likely won't get much worse as far as following college football.

2014 CWS was harder for me.

Tripp McNeely
12-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Waaayyy too optimistic...they had too pull some shiznit out of their arses to beat Auburn and lowly Vandy as well.

dawgoneyall
12-02-2015, 01:13 PM
We can take a plane and hop on his wife

Political Hack
12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
We can take a plane and hop on his wife

Hilarious. This board has been crazy the last few days, but it's been pretty entertaining in spots.

sleepy dawg
12-02-2015, 04:47 PM
That's because they all stick together and only discuss things that point to them looking good. Even their crazy ass fans somehow all pull in the same direction. Our fans are more interested in ripping our program apart rather than controlling any message.

msualohadog
12-02-2015, 05:40 PM
They kinda have a Chicago Cubs quality about them... except for the cheating and racism