PDA

View Full Version : Miami has made there hire..

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Is what I'm hearing.. And it's not Richt. So that leaves Shiano Davis and Mullen. I'm thinking Davis.

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Fingers crossed its Mullen so we can get Richt.

CarolinaDawgs
12-01-2015, 05:28 PM

And Richt gets the chance to avenge the all the big game losses every single season!

HancockCountyDog
Schiano is the obvious pick for Miami. Zero buyout. Salary demands would be minimal. Plus no NCAA baggage.

Op4isabitch

Not being an ass but why would you want a coach that couldn't win with Georgia's talent?

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Schiano has really impressed the committee. I think Davis did well in the interview but that baggage right after all of their mess...I don't see it. I think it's between Mullen and Schiano. But who knows.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Not being an ass but why would you want a coach that couldn't win with Georgia's talent?

We could see their Jesus and raise them one.

ETA: Referencing the rebelbearsharks.

Op4isabitch
12-01-2015, 05:32 PM
If Mullen is gone do,you think,Davis would work out here at MSU?

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2015, 05:33 PM

Because that would mean we get all of our worthless assistants out and get a head coach that wants to be here and prove to everyone GA messed up.

CarolinaDawgs
12-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Because that would mean we get all of our worthless assistants out and get a head coach that wants to be here and prove to everyone GA messed up.

HAVE SOME RESPECT THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY!!!

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Richt is going to interview at Virginia tomorrow it looks like. Could be a good spot for him if So Car and SEC East is something he wants a change from. Watch out for Maryland again for the loser of the Miami job possibly.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Richt would be a grand slam with every momma in Mississippi. He'd have ties to MS, AL, LA, TX through State and bring his contacts in GA and FL. He'd have a very strong geographic footprint to recruit from.

Westdawg
12-01-2015, 05:35 PM
If Miami has actually made their hire, and it is not out yet who it is, then i would put my money on it being Mullen. They keep it quiet so he can go back and officially address the team before it "goes public". Regardless, this has been an absolute mess of a turd storm for our program whether Mullen leaves or stays. There is some serious damage and baggage if he does the latter - especially with the alums and fans.

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Schiano has really impressed the committee. I think Davis did well in the interview but that baggage right after all of their mess...I don't see it. I think it's between Mullen and Schiano. But who knows.

"Schiano impressed" I just heard those exact words. I'm still saying Davis but won't be suprised if it's Shiano

chef dixon
12-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Mullen is a better football coach than either of those guys right now. I really think he could do good things anywhere he goes because of the system he runs. Schiano, Davis... these guys will be Al Golden 2.0 and fired in 3 years.

Richt is a guy that would be an upgrade at a place that needs help recruiting just based on his name (like MSU/Virginia/South Carolina).

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Mullen is a better football coach than either of those guys right now. I really think he could do good things anywhere he goes because of the system he runs. Schiano, Davis... these guys will be Al Golden 2.0 and fired in 3 years.

Richt is a guy that would be an upgrade at a place that needs help recruiting just based on his name (like MSU/Virginia/South Carolina).

I think Schiano and Mullen are pretty even. He did a really good job building at Rutgers but took a while. Harder recruiting area than we have. One losing season in his last 7 years their and bounced right back to 9 wins.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Is what I'm hearing.. And it's not Richt. So that leaves Shiano Davis and Mullen. I'm thinking Davis.

Their 247 site seems to think it's Richt.

They ranked them in order of most to least likely:

1. Richt
2. Schiano
3. Jones
4. Mullen

Mullen's big obstacle is the buyout clause. It's not huge, but when you're as broke as Miami, and the other three coaches are unemployed, that's a big deal. Salary requirement is also a negative.

chef dixon
12-01-2015, 05:45 PM
I think Schiano and Mullen are pretty even. He did a really good job building at Rutgers but took a while. Harder recruiting area than we have. One losing season in his last 7 years their and bounced right back to 9 wins.

True, he's been out of the game a little while though so you never know. I just feel like Mullen's system can be really tough to deal with at a school that allows him to recruit at a higher level than here.

MafiaDawg
12-01-2015, 05:45 PM

So the Preacher knows before any other major media outlet. Got it.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Their 247 site seems to think it's Richt.

They ranked them in order of most to least likely:

1. Richt
2. Schiano
3. Jones
4. Mullen

Mullen's big obstacle is the buyout clause. It's not huge, but when you're as broke as Miami, and the other three coaches are unemployed, that's a big deal. Salary requirement is also a negative.

First, you mean Davis not Jones? I think if they plan to announce as early as tomorrow, as has been reported and it's Richt, then he wouldn't schedule an interview with Virginia for tomorrow. We will see what comes out over the next 12 hours.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 05:59 PM
First, you mean Davis not Jones? I think if they plan to announce as early as tomorrow, as has been reported and it's Richt, then he wouldn't schedule an interview with Virginia for tomorrow. We will see what comes out over the next 12 hours.

Depends on when the decisions were made. He could easily cancel that interview with Virginia tomorrow.

MafiaDawg
12-01-2015, 06:04 PM
What is mullen's buyout?

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Depends on when the decisions were made. He could easily cancel that interview with Virginia tomorrow.

True. But sounds like he made the decision to interview with them today. Maybe not just the way it was told to me. I actually thought Richt might be, at least, the sentimental favorite for that job. What they, or any one else have to guage with him, how much fire does he have left or does he really need a year off.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 06:05 PM

Sorry, yes, Butch Davis.

Blackout
We need to waive Mullen's buyout. This is about to be recruiting toxic if he stays.

Todd4State
Richt would be a grand slam with every momma in Mississippi. He'd have ties to MS, AL, LA, TX through State and bring his contacts in GA and FL. He'd have a very strong geographic footprint to recruit from.

And he would completely neutralize Freeze's overly Christian fa?ade. Of all the coaches that are available, IMO Richt would be the best fit for MSU because of what you said.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 06:06 PM
We need to waive Mullen's buyout. This is about to be recruiting toxic if he stays.

Those are usually negotiable anyway. Especially if a coach wants out.

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 06:09 PM
If Mullen is hired by Miami then Scott needs to be on the phone to set up an interview with Richt pronto.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 06:12 PM

I will lead the mob crew if we waive his buyout. He damn well better through some money to state on the way out the door.

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Yeah, you guys talking about waiving the buyout have lost your collective minds

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 06:13 PM
If Mullen is hired by Miami then Scott needs to be on the phone to set up an interview with Richt pronto.

Exactly. If/when Dan leaves- it's time for us to wish him well and move on. And I really believe we can make a really good hire ourselves and going the South Carolina "retread" approach is possibly a good way for us to go. Jackie worked out very well for us, so there is some precedent.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Yeah, you guys talking about waiving the buyout have lost your collective minds

I agree. We shouldn't waive it and we definitely should get as much out of it as we can- despite what I posted above about those being negotiable.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 06:16 PM
I will lead the mob crew if we waive his buyout. He damn well better through some money to state on the way out the door.

No kidding. That would be incredibly foolish to waive a buyout clause. We can negotiate on how it's paid out, but I want that money for my next hire and assistant coaches. Not to mention if there is a coach we have to buyout to get or we end up having to buyout assitants.

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 06:19 PM
So the Preacher knows before any other major media outlet. Got it.

Yup.

sleepy dawg
12-01-2015, 06:57 PM

There's 0 reason to get a head coach who couldn't cut it at a "bigger" school. You go after a coach who can raise your ceiling. Dan's ceiling at MSU is as high as Richt's at Georgia. At best Richt could keep us where we are. I'm still not convinced we've seen Dan's ceiling yet.

mic
12-01-2015, 07:07 PM

Richt and that staff would be multi grand slams..
I bet he takes a year off.. Works the TV gigs... And gets back in the next year or so...

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Richt and that staff would be multi grand slams..
I bet he takes a year off.. Works the TV gigs... And gets back in the next year or so...

This is my guess too. Could be wrong.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 07:10 PM
So you guys want a coach who's record the last 8 seasons is 8-4 avg in the SEC East with top 5 national talent? We hate Mullen record against top 25 teams but want to hire the guy who's 5-15 in his last 20 games vs ranked opponents with top 5 talent? You bitch & complain about how Mullen can't get us to the next level but want to bring in the guy who couldn't get UGA to the next level with top 5 talent? Yea this sounds logical. Good luck.

Schultzy
12-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Richt's weekly with Bo would be pleasant.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Richt's weekly with Bo would be pleasant.

I thought about that... Richt probably wouldn't show if he knew how bad bo has ragged on him

BeardoMSU
12-01-2015, 07:21 PM
We could see their Jesus and raise them one.

ETA: Referencing the rebelbearsharks.

If Jesus cared about football, he wouldn't have let us lose to OM at home on Dak's senior night. Karma and shit***

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 07:22 PM
So you guys want a coach who's record the last 8 seasons is 8-4 avg in the SEC East with top 5 national talent? We hate Mullen record against top 25 teams but want to hire the guy who's 5-15 in his last 20 games vs ranked opponents with top 5 talent? You bitch & complain about how Mullen can't get us to the next level but want to bring in the guy who couldn't get UGA to the next level with top 5 talent? Yea this sounds logical. Good luck.

Why use only his last 20 games? I'm just curious.

Facts -

RICHT is 39-36 against Ranked teams in his time at UGA.

Mullen is 5-29

Pretty big difference id say

Pollodawg
12-01-2015, 07:25 PM
I don't see Richt to State.

Churchill
12-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Richt`s character fits way better in UVA`s culture than the U`s.

Homedawg
12-01-2015, 07:30 PM

Facts -

Mullen is 5-29

With way more talent at a way higher profile program.

Blackout
12-01-2015, 07:35 PM
With way more talent at a way higher profile program.

Richt wins 52%
Mullen wins 15%

Our programs are THAT different?? Always the apologist.

Homedawg
12-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Richt wins 52%
Mullen wins 15%

No an apologist jus stating the facts. If you don't think Georgia has more talent and is way higher profile, well, you're a stupid ass
Eta hell yea our programs are THAT different.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 07:38 PM
I could see their new president wanting Richt's image.

Homedawg
12-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Mullen hasn't lost to vandy or kentucky. Richt did. Just saying.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 07:40 PM

If Georgia wins their bowl game this year, that will be four seasons out of the last five that they have won at least 10 games. His last eight years are skewed by a 6-7 season and a couple of 8 win seasons. Not to mention multiple SEC East Championships along with a SEC Championship.

Essentially if you look at Richt's career the only teams he has consistently lost to are Florida and Alabama. He does usually have one other random-ish loss like they did against UT this year.

He also has a stellar record against Georgia Tech- a rivalry very similar to the Egg Bowl going 12-2 against his main rival. And both of those losses were very close.

Richt has a great track record of developing QB's- Stafford, Murray, Greene, and he has won with pro-style and dual threat QB's- Shockley. He runs a pro-style offense with elements of the spread and he has a DC with big time Mississippi ties that is a Saban disciple.

YES that is what I want.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Mullen hasn't lost to vandy or kentucky. Richt did. Just saying.

One of those was Vanderbilt's best teams possibly ever in the modern era under Franklin. One of the Kentucky teams he lost to won 8 games and the other won 7 games.

So, really only once did he lose to our Daddy's Vanderbilt and Kentucky teams.

Lloyd Christmas
If Georgia wins their bowl game this year, that will be four seasons out of the last five that they have won at least 10 games. His last eight years are skewed by a 6-7 season and a couple of 8 win seasons. Not to mention multiple SEC East Championships along with a SEC Championship.

Essentially if you look at Richt's career the only teams he has consistently lost to are Florida and Alabama. He does usually have one other random-ish loss like they did against UT this year.

He also has a stellar record against Georgia Tech- a rivalry very similar to the Egg Bowl going 12-2 against his main rival. And both of those losses were very close.

Richt has a great track record of developing QB's- Stafford, Murray, Greene, and he has won with pro-style and dual threat QB's- Shockley. He runs a pro-style offense with elements of the spread and he has a DC with big time Mississippi ties that is a Saban disciple.

YES that is what I want.

Well don't get your hopes up. I think Mullen has declared us lucky enough to retain his services this year.

Blackout
No an apologist jus stating the facts. If you don't think Georgia has more talent and is way higher profile, well, you're a stupid ass
Eta hell yea our programs are THAT different.

Didn't know they were three times the program that we are. Apologist.

Homedawg
12-01-2015, 08:01 PM
One of those was Vanderbilt's best teams possibly ever in the modern era under Franklin. One of the Kentucky teams he lost to won 8 games and the other won 7 games.

So, really only once did he lose to our Daddy's Vanderbilt and Kentucky teams.

Did he lose to vandy? Check if yes. Did he lose to kentucky? Check if yes. It's like checking the felon box when trying to buy a gun. If the answer is yes we have a problem. Honestly I like mark richt. I like him for Georgia, although I truly think he underachieved considering how down the east has been. I have zero desire to have him as our coach. This isn't a Mullen vs richt deal. This is I don't want richt. Which, doesn't matter anyway he's never going to be our coach here.

Homedawg
12-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Didn't know they were three times the program that we are. Apologist.

Well get out a history book then. It should point that out to you. And again, this isn't me apologizing for Mullen, that speaks for itself, it's more that I think richt has done less w more than anyone, honestly. He should have won the east the last 5-6 years.....if he were our coach you would have gone nuts losing the games he lost. How many times has he lost as an favorite? A bunch the last few years.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Schiano is the obvious pick for Miami. Zero buyout. Salary demands would be minimal. Plus no NCAA baggage.

And has been there and won.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 08:20 PM

Facts -

Mullen is 5-29

During the same time period since Mullen has been here Richt is 10-20 against ranked teams. Georgia with Top 5 talent playing in the weaker east has won 5 more games against ranked teams over 7 years. I actually like Richt, a lot. And if he still has a lot of fire left in him I would definitely interview him. But let's don't act like his numbers at Georgia would not be considered comparable in a tougher division with less history and less talent like here. Richt won about .090 percentage points higher than Georgia's historic average. That's good. Any coach around .100 or higher has done a very good job. Mullen is at around .117 above our history. For reference Saban is at around .120 at Bama, .102 while at LSU, and about even or a little higher at Michigan State.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 08:24 PM

Facts -

Mullen is 5-29

I used his last 20 games because it shows a pattern. You guys aren't counting Mullen games against OM before Freeze lately so I just pointed out these past several years he's stunk.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Richt wins 52%
Mullen wins 15%

Put GA in the west and see if Richt is at 52%

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 08:26 PM

Actually Florida is their rival which is similar to OM. In that rivalry he's 5-10.

Blackout
12-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Put GA in the west and see if Richt is at 52%

Wouldn't be at 15%

Blackout
12-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Actually Florida is their rival which is similar to OM. In that rivalry he's 5-10.

Auburn is actually their oldest rival.. It's the oldest rivalry in the Deep South.

He is 10-5 against Auburn and 8-2 in the last 10 years with the only losses being to undefeated Auburn teams and one of THOSE was due to a freak play!

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 08:36 PM

So he has beat their rival 1 time every 3 years. In the last 7 years he is 4-3 with back to back losses (last year was a terrible loss).

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Auburn is actually their oldest rival.. It's the oldest rivalry in the Deep South.

He is 10-5 against Auburn and 8-2 in the last 10 years with the only losses being to undefeated Auburn teams and one of THOSE was due to a freak play!

He is 5-2 in the same time period that Mullen is 4-3 against Auburn. Again starting from a much higher floor than what Dan had here to begin with. Georgia is 4-1 the last five we are 3-2. And yes they are the oldies but they are NOT the biggest rivalry for either school. Florida for Georgia is their biggest rivalry.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Wouldn't be at 15%

That's obvious but GA has way more advantages then Miss State.

pilldawg
12-01-2015, 09:08 PM
The Georgia - Florida rivalry is Georgia's most important and bitter rivalry. Richt is Stansbury in football. I would rather hire Jeremy Pruitt and let him hire a staff than Richt. Richt will lose games he shouldn't lose and lose big games too. Richt can land the big recruiting class, but he recruits like Polk did. Get the great class, but don't build a lot of depth on top of it. Richt would win 6 - 7 games a year at MSU with the occasional 8 win year and he wouldn't pull in top 5 classes like he does at Georgia. Go to Athens and you will see why. That place recruits itself.

Homedawg
12-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't be at 15%
You're right. Could be lower. He did lose to vandy and kentucky.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 11:05 PM

OK.**