PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this annual circus have a negative affect on recruiting?

bulldogcountry1
12-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Whether this annual Mullen circus is completely true, 100% lies, or somewhere in the middle, it has to have a negative impact on our recruiting. If we are determined to run a clean program with high character kids, we only make it that much more difficult when your coaching staff is constantly in limbo. It's a given that any assistant coach worth a flip is going to move on, but we can't afford to have our HC involved in all this talk year in and year out without a public commitment. The appearance of stability has to be a big deal to these type of recruits. It seems like that would make Dan's life a whole lot easier.

That's why you have to believe that Mullen is at least listening to other schools. I'd rather him just lie and give us the "pine box" line than give us a generic "I'm happy right here" every year.

Big4Dawg
12-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Seriously. No way we get Brown and Simmons.

"You know Mullen wants out right? Who knows who your coach will be next year but I can promise you Hugh and me will be at Ole Miss."

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2015, 04:43 PM

"You know Mullen wants out right? Who knows who your coach will be next year but I can promise you Hugh and me will be at Ole Miss."

You forgot to add, "Now I'd you to meet Tiffany. She'll be your host for the rest of the evening."

mic
12-01-2015, 04:44 PM
It has a negative affect on everything...
Can't lay all the blame on CDM... If you had an AD with balls this wouldn't happen to this extreme every year ..

smootness
12-01-2015, 04:45 PM
I can't think of any recruit we should have gotten but likely lost due to coaching rumors.

I mean, heck, we got a big commitment during the middle of all this.

bgover4
12-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I wish Scott would give Dan the same line he gives to recruits. If you are looking we are looking. Darn you didn't get an extension this year cause you seem to be ready to find another job.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Stricklin doesn't think he can do any better, that's a huge part of the problem. Whether he can or can't is debatable, but you certainly don't admit it and just give your coach no boundaries.

I've been saying this for days now, we have 6 toss up recruits that we need at least 5 of. AT this point, if we get 2 of them I'll be surprised. Our ceiling is 3 or 4 and the floor is 1. This class could end up hurting MSU badly in the 2017 and 2018 seasons...

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I can't think of any recruit we should have gotten but likely lost due to coaching rumors.

I mean, heck, we got a big commitment during the middle of all this.

We got a 3 star that we've been sitting on for a while. This was a pitiful OM-style announcement too, "let's announce a commit after we lose the Egg!". Total f-ing bullshit man.

Coach34
12-01-2015, 04:51 PM

Cant see Brown going to Ole Missus under any circumstances

smootness
12-01-2015, 04:58 PM
We got a 3 star that we've been sitting on for a while. This was a pitiful OM-style announcement too, "let's announce a commit after we lose the Egg!". Total f-ing bullshit man.

We may have been sitting on it for a while, but you don't know much about Spencer.

Bothrops
12-01-2015, 04:59 PM

If your talking about Marquiss Spencer, he's probably going to be an elite talent.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Whether this annual Mullen circus is completely true, 100% lies, or somewhere in the middle, it has to have a negative impact on our recruiting. If we are determined to run a clean program with high character kids, we only make it that much more difficult when your coaching staff is constantly in limbo. It's a given that any assistant coach worth a flip is going to move on, but we can't afford to have our HC involved in all this talk year in and year out without a public commitment. The appearance of stability has to be a big deal to these type of recruits. It seems like that would make Dan's life a whole lot easier.

That's why you have to believe that Mullen is at least listening to other schools. I'd rather him just lie and give us the "pine box" line than give us a generic "I'm happy right here" every year.

It really hasn't been like this except maybe after the 2010 year when we beat down Michigan. But Dan doesn't give a rat's ass what affect it has on recruiting, that's fairly obvious.

BossDawg
12-01-2015, 06:24 PM
You forgot to add, "Now I'd you to meet Tiffany. She'll be your host for the rest of the evening."

We'd be all like, "Now I'd like you to meet Bracky. You'll be seeing a lot of him. If any booster that represents MSU comes to you with any sort of gift or reward, you must notify Bracky immediately....."

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2015, 06:30 PM
If your talking about Marquiss Spencer, he's probably going to be an elite talent.

Yeh just like these other under the radar guys. I mean seriously guys. He's an elite talent but we have been sitting on him and no other schools are on him except OM. Give me a ****ing break.

IMissJack
12-01-2015, 06:33 PM
It probably has affected recruiting, but I know it has affected my attitude toward Mullen. I don't want him to leave, but I don't want a coach that doesn't want to be at MSU. So he needs to be told to make up his mind.

State82
12-01-2015, 06:34 PM

After she finishes her act on the main stage, of course.

Bothrops
12-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Yeh just like these other under the radar guys. I mean seriously guys. He's an elite talent but we have been sitting on him and no other schools are on him except OM. Give me a ****ing break.

Sitting on him lol. He waited to commit last weekend. You should do some research on him.