PDA

View Full Version : When..

StThierry
12-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Taking the emotion out, when should the administration cut ties with Dan? Easy to say, hell he doesn't want to be here so ****him, but are we sure we will get someone better? I would think he would try his best to coach us up so he would have another opportunity to leave next year. Do you give it to him or not?

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Hell unless he gets another job or he starts losing we keep him. It's not like he the only coach who ever looked for another job. I got a friend of mine who says there are two types of coaches. Those who been fired or those who going to be fire.

ChevChelios
12-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Taking the emotion out, when should the administration cut ties with Dan? Easy to say, hell he doesn't want to be here so ****him, but are we sure we will get someone better? I would think he would try his best to coach us up so he would have another opportunity to leave next year. Do you give it to him or not?

Just keep posting more dumb shit like this.. thatll show'em!

StThierry
12-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Add: Do you think Scott has already contacted other coach's agents?

EAVdog
12-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Add: Do you think Scott has already contacted other coach's agents?

Every AD has a short list. Every AD.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 03:20 PM
I really understood Dan wanting to leave earlier in his tenure than now. He has built the thing up to where we should be able to sustain some success and has all the things he asked for with a hefty salary and NOW wants out? I believe it just may just be a case of he can't stand the heat in the kitchen of the SEC West.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 03:24 PM
I really understood Dan wanting to leave earlier in his tenure than now. He has built the thing up to where we should be able to sustain some success and has all the things he asked for with a hefty salary and NOW wants out? I believe it just may just be a case of he can't stand the heat in the kitchen of the SEC West.

I said in another thread that I don't think he want's to leave Miss State, he wants to leave the SEC West. I wish we could get moved to the East and only ply Bama every six years or so.

Johnson85
12-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Every AD has a short list. Every AD.

That doesn't really answer the question. Does having a short list mean you keep in contact with agents just to let them know you have an eye on their guy if the need arises so that you can gauge interest? I would think not but if Dan really is shopping himself around, you'd think Stricklin would be making some preparations, even if it's just getting the search firm on the phone.

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 03:36 PM
If Stricklin hasn't contacted other coaches to gauge interest in a possible opening then he needs to be gone too. Don't get caught with your pants down. Like an old boss told me one time: Be proactive, not reactive.

AROB44
12-01-2015, 03:54 PM
I heard that Stricklin is also looking around. Everyone has gotten wind of Keenum leaving as president next year to return to some Washington, D.C. gig and they are worried as who the next president will be. So, everyone is testing the waters.

Bothrops
12-01-2015, 04:45 PM
I think I'm about to go try some cocaine. The fact that we're in this position and no one else is like a Greek tragedy. The media has bashed this program and town so much that it's gotten into EVERYONE'S HEAD. Anytime we have a successful or half way successful coach, the media is gonna look to our coach first to fill another school's job, while leaving us with the same little ol' State rhetoric. You'd think they'd ask us to consider closing the ******* program.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I heard that Stricklin is also looking around. Everyone has gotten wind of Keenum leaving as president next year to return to some Washington, D.C. gig and they are worried as who the next president will be. So, everyone is testing the waters.

Stricklin ain't going anywhere. He's at home.