PDA

View Full Version : I tell you what I am tired of...

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Every freaking year and I mean every freaking year since Mullen has been here, at the end of the season we hear Mullen is on the short list for another school and we also hear that he interviewed. Damn it you know Freeze is using that in recruiting. You wonder why recruits flip at the last moment. They are not sure if Dan is going to be around for their four years.

I say we go after someone who will never leave for another school. Someone like JWS that is black listed. I say go for Butch Davis. Hell he will work the system.

If not him I say go for Hud. I think he would never leave on his own. I think our current personnel would work with is offensive system.

Don't get me wrong I want Dan to stay but I am getting tire of hearing this shit after every freaking season. I guess this is what Boise State had to deal with every year.

MadDawg
12-01-2015, 02:33 PM
We could always try to get Croom back. I don't remember him being on anyone's short list.

(chill, it's just a joke....)

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 02:34 PM
We could always try to get Croom back. I don't remember him being on anyone's short list.

(chill, it's just a joke....)

He was able to get some talent, he just couldn't coach them.

AROB44
12-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Every freaking year and I mean every freaking year since Mullen has been here, at the end of the season we hear Mullen is on the short list for another school and we also hear that he interviewed. Damn it you know Freeze is using that in recruiting. You wonder why recruits flip at the last moment. They are not sure if Dan is going to be around for their four years.

I say we go after someone who will never leave for another school. Someone like JWS that is black listed. I say go for Butch Davis. Hell he will work the system.

If not him I say go for Hud. I think he would never leave on his own. I think our current personnel would work with is offensive system.

Don't get me wrong I want Dan to stay but I am getting tire of hearing this shit after every freaking season. I guess this is what Boise State had to deal with every year.

The Kang tried to leave us for Bama. If message boards had been around back then no telling what meltdown would have occurred. As for Hud....surely you are joking.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 02:42 PM
The Kang tried to leave us for Bama. If message boards had been around back then no telling what meltdown would have occurred. As for Hud....surely you are joking.

We were talking about it via BBS back then, you weren't there?! **

And right on, Hud is untouchable.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 02:46 PM
You can forget Hud. He is untouchable at the moment. He may literally not be employable when the final NCAA report comes out. I doubt we would ever even talk to him now. Also, his recruiting playbook is known to our friends up the road. We would have the NCAA on us a week after Hud was hired. You can forget him, permanatly I think.

PassInterference
12-01-2015, 02:49 PM
I hope that every year the college football world has deep, hot lust for MSU football coaches.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 02:50 PM
As for it being every year, it's the price you pay for having a winning coach at a place that isn't thought of nationally as a top job. If Mullen stays I hope we go through this every year. The same for the next coach. To get where we want to be, where we can have a winning coach without this happening, this is invetible. It's part of the process.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Saban is on the short list every year, as he should be. James Franklin's name was always mentioned every year. Sumlin. Part of this is we have let the narrative started by UNM years ago that he is always looking for another job because we are a stepping stone, and we told them then that we didn't care. Now we are using their own arguments against ourselves.

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2015, 02:58 PM
We were talking about it via BBS back then, you weren't there?! **

And right on, Hud is untouchable.

Fire Jackie, Bobby Wallace is the man!

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2015, 02:59 PM

They did exist, they just weren't as big a presence. And I don't think anyone would have melted down. It's freaking Bama, first. Second, it's his alma mater. Everyone knew it was his dream to coach there. I'd have wished him well.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 03:32 PM
You can forget Hud. He is untouchable at the moment. He may literally not be employable when the final NCAA report comes out. I doubt we would ever even talk to him now. Also, his recruiting playbook is known to our friends up the road. We would have the NCAA on us a week after Hud was hired. You can forget him, permanatly I think.

Which is a killer for us because he's the only reasonably successful college coach out there with any MSU ties. Probably an OM ploy to get him wrapped around the axle with the NCAA.

Maroons
12-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Which is a killer for us because he's the only reasonably successful college coach out there with any MSU ties. Probably an OM ploy to get him wrapped around the axle with the NCAA.

Why do you think we need a coach with ties to the school? With our spotty history, it's better to hire from the outside. Our fans too often fall into the trap of wanting what is familiar.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 04:22 PM

Yea, but that was ONE school and it really only happened when Stallings stepped down. With Mullen its seems to be various schools and its every year. If Mullen had a big time alma mater he was trying to get back to it would make more sense. Nobody could blame Jackie or anyone else for wanting the Bama job.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Why do you think we need a coach with ties to the school? With our spotty history, it's better to hire from the outside. Our fans too often fall into the trap of wanting what is familiar.

Only because they might not try to job hop every year. If you can find a really good coach with loyalty ties that is it the best situation but the primary thing is to get a really good coach.