PDA

View Full Version : Mullen interviewed with Miami

Pinto
12-01-2015, 12:31 PM
@MikeBBonner: Mullen reportedly interviewed at Miami. https://t.co/2DjvXfpSaD/s/F1ZI

m.twitter.com/MikeBBonner

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Boy, this would be his second interview at Miami because in the first one several years ago he supposedly pissed off the Miami folks interviewing him. Guess they should at least know him well by now.

Statefan
12-01-2015, 12:40 PM
My feelings

http://i29.tinypic.com/35d3jp3.gif

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:41 PM
yawn. don't believe

djaymsu5
12-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Idk how valuable this source is but https://twitter.com/davehydesports/status/671740991389478913

BeastMan
12-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Per Sun Sentinal along with Butch Davis, Greg Schiano, and Mark Richt.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2015, 12:44 PM
makes zero sense ... if true, I am off his protection detail

https://media.giphy.com/media/7dPhaWI5mxmAU/giphy.gif

Thick
12-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Well, I guess Dan really does want to leave, contrary to popular belief.

Maroon_and_white
12-01-2015, 12:50 PM

I've thought all along Mullen would be a good fit in Miami, but the problem there is Dan wants an on-campus stadium and Miami would have to pay him 4.5 - 5mil/yr both of which I just can't see happening.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 12:50 PM
How does SS handle this? Does he call Herman and say hold up on that contract?

Coursesuper
12-01-2015, 12:52 PM

From what I've heard that one is bullshit.

djaymsu5
12-01-2015, 12:52 PM
https://twitter.com/davehydesports/status/671740991389478913

Pollodawg
12-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Link?

Pollodawg
12-01-2015, 12:54 PM
If he leaves for Miami, he really does want out get out of here.

Big4Dawg
12-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Sick of this shit. Just leave already.

Thick
I thought Mullen was only shopping big programs? The U has been irrelevant for years. If this is true, then he's really trying to get the hell out of Starkville.

MafiaDawg
Some of yall still believe everything you read even after the past few days. Al golden made 2.2 million last year. That's 2 million less than Dan makes now and 3 million less than he will make next year with his bonus. But it was on the internet so it must be true. Miami could get all of those other coaches for considerably less.

Pollodawg
How does SS handle this? Does he call Herman and say hold up on that contract?

Herman wants Texas. He's waiting on that job.

Msujd164
12-01-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm curious. Did Mullen travel to Miami during Egg bowl week?

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Its a conspiracy against MSU!!! None of this is true!!

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 01:00 PM

Well he would certainly have been a more attractive candidate the week before the Egg bowl than he is now.

preachermatt83
Or he would do something like, I don't know, interview with Miami**. C34 uss never right about anything*********

Coach34
Hahaha- source just texted:

"tell those idiots on Elite to piss off."

Whooped'em again Josie

JohnnyQuid
Ima throw some shit and home it sticks. dan goes nowhere. splat. all these just seems contrived bullshit for clicks and attention. Internet why u make no sense!!!

fishwater99
12-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Sick of this shit. Just leave already.

If he doesn't want to be here, then we sure as Hell don't want him....

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Nooooo he's loves Starkville!! It's his agent that is going behind his back shopping his name around. Did you see how fired up he during the egg bowl. You will have to pry Starkville away from his cold dead fingers

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:02 PM

Whooped'em again Josie

how many times will this make him wrong this week?

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Whooped'em again Josie

You must spread reputation around before giving....

OdaMaeBrown
Otherwise this makes no sense. It would mean either they have to crawfish on what they said about Dan before or Dan would have to be ok with the way they talked about him. So it just seems like there would be too many egos hurt for this to happen unless Miami is under new leadership.

JohnnyQuid
Nooooo he's loves Starkville!! It's his agent that is going behind his back shopping his name around. Did you see how fired up he during the egg bowl. You will have to pry Starkville away from his cold dead fingers

hi!

signed,
worst poster you've ever seen

EAVdog
12-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Miami: Mullen you interested?

Mullen: 'insert response'

Pretty sure that is considered an interview by the media. No AD would be doing their job if they didn't at least call.

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 01:04 PM
how many times will this make him wrong this week?

Dude, Dan is ready to go. Like it or not just accept it... Only reason he hasn't left yet is no one has wanted him.

Blackout
12-01-2015, 01:05 PM
We need to call The U and inform them that we will waive his buyout

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2015, 01:06 PM
hi!

signed,
worst poster you've ever seen

Awe don't get your feelings hurt because you are wrong again. It will be ok. Go tell your mom to make you a grilled cheese and a glass of milk

ETA: the way it reads it sounds like you are signing your self as the worst poster ever. If that were intentional then I would be inclined to agree. Thanks for playing

Irondawg
12-01-2015, 01:07 PM
It could also be part of a strategy to land the GA job. Interviewing for other name openings make you appear like a hot target.

There could be any number of truths here.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:07 PM
just gotta took my own horn I guess - when stans came into head coach there was a decent money guy was ceo at pizza in for a while who was close to my family, and pretty much ricks close friend. back then we got all kinda inside stuff early -mis those days. he's taken a step back from our program since the stans debacle. was fun being in the know for few years. guess that's coach ery'day

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Dude, Dan is ready to go. Like it or not just accept it... Only reason he hasn't left yet is no one has wanted him.

Believe this is the case though I expect him back because he's not attractive enough to get one of the plum jobs he really wants and makes too much money for the "lateral" type jobs to pluck him away. Ol' Dan will likely have to settle for staying.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Miami: Mullen you interested?

Mullen: 'insert response'

Pretty sure that is considered an interview by the media. No AD would be doing their job if they didn't at least call.

I think Dan has been interviewing, but I agree with OP here. If he is contacted by anyone and it is confirmed that they talked, that will be considered an interview. It is not in fact a full interview though. I think when the facts come out, even if he leaves, we'll learn that CD was closer to being right and that there was misinterpretation here on a few of these programs. I was on record saying he was gone by Wednesday... but that also was based on misinterpretation of this noise and a bad piece of information.

I will stand by what I've said before though: if Dan truly wants to go, please do us a favor and go quickly. If he wants to stay, show some fire on the recruiting trail and in the bowl game. This is a "do or die" week for Dan's future, just have to let it play out and if he stays, then see where we're at in early January.

Pollodawg
12-01-2015, 01:10 PM
I really don't want this to become a circuls, a la the end of the Houston Nutt era at UPig, but that's where its heading. Half of the fans want Dan to have a statue, and the other half want to rent the plane with the Fire Dan Mullen banner in tow.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Awe don't get your feelings hurt because you are wrong again. It will be ok. Go tell your mom to make you a grilled cheese and a glass of milk

I'm in great spirits friend hope u are as well. I wish she was her to Rustle something up.do what I can for myself.

but I feel distinguished. Lotta posters and im ur worst. takes skill. deserve a trophy

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm in great spirits friend hope u are as well. I wish she was her to Rustle something up.do what I can for myself.

but I feel distinguished. Lotta posters and im ur worst. takes skill. deserve a trophy

Haha it's all in good fun buddy

JohnnyQuid
until something groundbreaking changes - dans here. relax. I'm bout to have a beer

JohnnyQuid
Haha it's all in good fun buddy

absolutely!

Brahmabull
12-01-2015, 01:12 PM

RIdog
12-01-2015, 01:18 PM

Well , it would explain some things .

Thick
12-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Until he wins big games like Freeze and recruits like Freeze, guess what, we are stuck with Dan.

PendingTransaction
12-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Y'all have lost it! Dan loves Starkville; Megan and mom loves Starkville too. If Dan dropped his pants and took a dump at halftime on the 50yd line of Scott Field, 45% of you would rave about it being the best halftime show in MSU history. Then another 45% would say that the media replaced his chocolate with Exlax.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 01:22 PM
I think Dan has been interviewing, but I agree with OP here. If he is contacted by anyone and it is confirmed that they talked, that will be considered an interview. It is not in fact a full interview though. I think when the facts come out, even if he leaves, we'll learn that CD was closer to being right and that there was misinterpretation here on a few of these programs. I was on record saying he was gone by Wednesday... but that also was based on misinterpretation of this noise and a bad piece of information.

I will stand by what I've said before though: if Dan truly wants to go, please do us a favor and go quickly. If he wants to stay, show some fire on the recruiting trail and in the bowl game. This is a "do or die" week for Dan's future, just have to let it play out and if he stays, then see where we're at in early January.

Good point and we got a really good commit yesterday and the coaches were out recruiting. Some reports are saying he interviewed in Miami, not sure if that's true unless it was overnight which could be possible. Of course rumors were Maryland was a done deal, they hadn't even started interviewing. UCF was reported wrong down there as well. Dino Babers had the job reportedly, except he didn't and Scott Frost is announced today. Yesterday reported on here even that the chatter was Tom Herman was gaining big steam for Georgia. Less than a hour later he is issuing a statement that he had agreed in principle to a new deal in Houston. What people know, what people are told falsely to hide what's really going on, and what actually happens in the end usually don't match up. Supposedly USC talked with 17 people. Chip Kelky and Del Rio both turned them down. As far as we know nothing happened, they called Dan, he turned them down telling them to screw themselves after the last deal, he is seriously interested, etc. We don't know and it could be any of those.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 01:23 PM
The source is a sports writer for that paper's twitter. I wonder if it's our buddy that wants us kicked out of the SEC?

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2015, 01:27 PM

I think we would be better off with the latter but if he goes after everyone has hired all the good coaches and we have to settle for someone way down the list I will be extremely pissed. It would wipe out all the good will he ever earned as far as I am concerned.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 01:29 PM
The source is a sports writer for that paper's twitter. I wonder if it's our buddy that wants us kicked out of the SEC?

No, this is a local Miami reporter. That moron you are referring to is from Orlando I believe. He and 0-12 UCF are just waiting by the phone for that SEC invite.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 01:34 PM
No, this is a local Miami reporter. That moron you are referring to is from Orlando I believe. He and 0-12 UCF are just waiting by the phone for that SEC invite.

I found it. It's a tweet from Dave Hyde. He works for the same Orlando paper.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 01:36 PM

No. David Hyde works for the same Orlando paper but covers the Canes.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 01:36 PM
I found it. It's a tweet from Dave Hyde. He works for the same Orlando paper.

I had the wrong paper. It's the Ft. Lauderdale paper. It has a similar name.

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 01:37 PM
I really don't want this to become a circuls, a la the end of the Houston Nutt era at UPig, but that's where its heading. Half of the fans want Dan to have a statue, and the other half want to rent the plane with the Fire Dan Mullen banner in tow.

Only half of the fringe fans (us) want him gone. The majority of fans are satisfied with his overall body of work. They want some changes, but they don't want him gone.

Beaver
12-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Dan has to respond one way or the other either today or tomorrow. He can deny the report and reaffirm his commitment for MSU, or he just go ahead and take the job. If nothing is said, then I'll believe he definitely wants out and SS can go ahead and let him go.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 01:40 PM
It could also be part of a strategy to land the GA job. Interviewing for other name openings make you appear like a hot target.

There could be any number of truths here.

While true, I don't think he'd interview if he wasn't genuinely somewhat interested. I dont blame him for talking to them though, just like I'm sure he or his agent spoke with Maryland. Not mad about that either. I don't think the "he wants out at all cost' mantra is anywhere close though. To me, "he wants out" is synonymous with "he's willing to talk about it this year." he and Megan genuinely love Starkville and MSU. He's got a GREST job and great job security. He's extremely well paid for his profession. He's built all of the facilities down to the details of how the offices should be laid out. Personally, I think he's going to find that the grass is not greener on the other side and decide to stay.

If he leaves, I'll tip my hat and say 'thank you.'

If he doesn't, I'll ring my bell and say 'Hail State.'

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 01:40 PM
I had the wrong paper. It's the Ft. Lauderdale paper. It has a similar name.

The article is a small one on their sports page. It's behind a paywall. It says he has either interviewed or soon will under the headline before it goes to the paywall. He may have but that looks like speculation.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:41 PM

we'll see. will u admit to being wrong for a month if he's here? no.

if he leaves I'll admit it. no prob

mstatefan91
While true, I don't think he'd interview if he wasn't genuinely somewhat interested. I dont blame him for talking to them though, just like I'm sure he or his agent spoke with Maryland. Not mad about that either. I don't think the "he wants out at all cost' mantra is anywhere close though. To me, "he wants out" is synonymous with "he's willing to talk about it this year." he and Megan genuinely love Starkville and MSU. He's got a GREST job and great job security. He's extremely well paid for his profession. He's built all of the facilities down to the details of how the offices should be laid out. Personally, I think he's going to find that the grass is not greener on the other side and decide to stay.

This

JohnnyQuid
Until he wins big games like Freeze and recruits like Freeze, guess what, we are stuck with Dan.

damn sure hope we can lost to memphis and Jacksonville along the way

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 01:42 PM

I agree with all of that. Good post.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Only half of the fringe fans (us) want him gone. The majority of fans are satisfied with his overall body of work. They want some changes, but they don't want him gone.

I'm just honestly in this state of shock I think. holy hell we won 18-19 games in 2 yrs and these guys are complacent! (me etx) who's ur hire sure fire better than dan? 50/50 shot to Rick ray urself n ****ing woukd be hilarious. GOTTA GET TO THAT NEXT LVL GUYS. 9-4 JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE'RE LSU *******IT. I MEAN MSU

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:46 PM
good fun bit ima dip out so the pro insiders can handle this one. my blazing hot take - ne ready to see dan next year. hail state and we all bulldogs

NCDawg
12-01-2015, 01:47 PM

I think this is pretty much correct-at least none of the schools that will pay him what he thinks he's worth.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2015, 01:48 PM

Who the **** is saying "Fire Mullen" other than the crazies? If Dan wants out, then he should get the **** out and not let the door hit him in the ass on the way. Otherwise, make it clear you're committed and staying. Don't understand why that's a controversial opinion, but apparently it is.

I just hope this shit show doesn't drag out for 2 weeks and we miss out on the top tier candidates. Either shit or get off the pot, Danno.

lefty96
12-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Who the **** is saying "Fire Mullen" other than the crazies? If Dan wants out, then he should get the **** out and not let the door hit him in the ass on the way. Otherwise, make it clear you're committed and staying. Don't understand why that's a controversial opinion, but apparently it is.

I just hope this shit show doesn't drag out for 2 weeks and we miss out on the top tier candidates. Either shit or get off the pot, Danno.

Agreed. If he wants out, I'll drive over to starkville and help him pack.

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 01:50 PM

WMD gets it

Coach34
12-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Did someone post we should fire him? I missed that

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 01:52 PM

I just hope this shit show doesn't drag out for 2 weeks and we miss out on the top tier candidates. Either shit or get off the pot, Danno.. I'm with you on this. Heaven forbid the fans that actually ask MSU's football coach focus on MSU.

chef dixon
12-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Anyone catch the coaches show last Tuesday? I will say this at least, he sounded extremely pissed off and annoyed to be there at the beginning with some of his comments. I'm sure having to do that show during a big week sucks but maybe he had just got off the plane from Miami***

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Did someone post we should fire him? I missed that

Nobody has said fire him. But a few have made it clear that they wouldn't be broken up if he left...

(I wouldn't cry myself to sleep either, but I'd prefer him stay)

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 01:54 PM
. I'm with you on this. Heaven forbid the fans that actually ask MSU's football coach focus on MSU.

Exactly. Let's get this show on the road... up or out.

Relentless effort or a "lateral move" Dan, you're up.

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Anyone catch the coaches show last Tuesday? I will say this at least, he sounded extremely pissed off and annoyed to be there at the beginning with some of his comments. I'm sure having to do that show during a big week sucks but maybe he had just got off the plane from Miami***

It's a joke show that really serves no purpose. I'd be annoyed if I had to do it every week as well..

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 01:58 PM

Remember Dan cracking off on a female fan last month during the radio show? He'd never done anything like that before. Maybe he does want out.

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Remember Dan cracking off on a female fan last month during the radio show? He'd never done anything like that before. Maybe he does want out.

As a result of that, they now announce "ask coach anything you want as long as it isn't injury related."

Spiderman
12-01-2015, 02:01 PM
@MikeBBonner: Mullen reportedly interviewed at Miami. https://t.co/2DjvXfpSaD/s/F1ZI

No he didn't

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Believe this is the case though I expect him back because he's not attractive enough to get one of the plum jobs he really wants and makes too much money for the "lateral" type jobs to pluck him away. Ol' Dan will likely have to settle for staying.

Yup. And that is worst thing that could happen. Having a coach who doesn't want to be here would be tough.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 02:10 PM

It's twitter and to top it off it Mike Bonner. He's full of it. Look I have issues with Bo and his show but if it was him I might put a lot of stock in it. Not Bonner.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 02:11 PM
No he didn't

Mark Schlabach just confirmed interview took place. We all know that Dan will deny it happened if he doesn't get the gig, but a bunch of folks would have to be lying and this isn't Yancy from the bears reporting that an interview took place.

preachermatt83
we'll see. will u admit to being wrong for a month if he's here? no.

if he leaves I'll admit it. no prob

Of course I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong but the reality is just because he wants out doesn't mean he's gone. Nobody has offered him a job yet.

Bubb Rubb
It's twitter and to top it off it Mike Bonner. He's full of it.

He is not reporting it - he is retweeting what someone close to Miami is reporting.

C222
12-01-2015, 02:12 PM
. I'm with you on this. Heaven forbid the fans that actually ask MSU's football coach focus on MSU.

Only in college football is it frowned upon to look for another job. Hopefully you have never interviewed at another place while employed. Heaven forbid.

Quaoarsking
12-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Key part of the confirmation is that the "interview" was in the last 24 hours. Not last week.

MafiaDawg
12-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Spoken with and interviewed are entirely different things. Does Miami calling Mullen classify as an interview?

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Mark Schlabach just confirmed interview took place. We all know that Dan will deny it happened if he doesn't get the gig, but a bunch of folks would have to be lying and this isn't Yancy from the bears reporting that an interview took place.

When?

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 02:16 PM

THIS!!!!! This is what we are saying folks. We don't want dan fired. If he is not 100 percent committed to us then we want him to leave. If he is committed we want him to come flat out and say it.

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 02:16 PM
When?

Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabach 12m12 minutes ago
Can confirm with @ClowESPN that Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen has talked with Miami officials in the last 24 hours about job

Blackout
12-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Can confirm with @ClowESPN that Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen has talked with Miami officials in the last 24 hours about job

I'm sure this bodes well for Simmons, Brown, Jones, Lashley, etc.

Quaoarsking
12-01-2015, 02:17 PM

IE, not during Egg Bowl week.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Of course I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong but the reality is just because he wants out doesn't mean he's gone. Nobody has offered him a job yet.

I'm not buying into the he wants out bsm we'll agree to disagree there. very possible I'm wrong

PassInterference
12-01-2015, 02:18 PM
The Miami AD, Mullen, Chris Jones, and Freeze just have a party line call once in a while to stay in touch.

Sacrifice
12-01-2015, 02:20 PM
I don't know if he's interviewing with schools or not but if it's found that he is, I want him gone! That just tells me he's not into it 100% and if he's not all in, we're not going too win. We're not gonna win in recruiting, on the field or as a program.

Covercorner2
12-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Miami is a better job than State. I don't see the big deal....

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 02:21 PM

In what world is current Miami better than current State???

chef dixon
12-01-2015, 02:23 PM

It is to everyone that isn't an MSU fan.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 02:23 PM
He interviewed yesterday, Richt today. Richt may be front runner but some on the committee like Schanio. According to reports

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 02:24 PM

And that could mean:

Miami AD: Hey, Dan are you interested in the Miami job?

Dan: Can you pay me 4 mil a year?

Miami AD: (silence)...uh..we can talk about that later.

Dan: In that case thanks, but no thanks.

Covercorner2

http://espn.go.com/ncf/insider/story/_/id/12375146/texas-longhorns-alabama-crimson-tide-lead-list-college-football-best-jobs

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-128-college-football-coaching-jobs-2014

Only thing State has to offer over Miami is facilities and fan support. Possibly money, but they aren't poor. Miami has better location, tradition, recruiting ground, easier conference, etc.

mstatefan91

I have no problems with admitting when other jobs are more appealing than ours, but Miami just doesn't seem appealing. Lack luster fan base, outdated facilities, off campus stadium... I guess history plays a bigger role than I would have thought..

Joe Schmedlap
In my company we have a saying that goes like this:
"You cannot quit and stay here."
Relentless effort and strain are apparently not in play any longer.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 02:25 PM

Um, no it's not, and it's not close. Miami has a better history than State, but they are broke, they play off-campus, and their facilities are terrible. Their coach this year (Al Golden) made half of what Mullen makes at State. I don't see that they could match what we pay Mullen.

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Anyone who thinks Miami is a better job than state is drunk.
SEC, on campus stadium, sellout crowds, 4mil a yr.

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Bullshit!

Talent pool is top rate but facilities and stadium are huge drawback.

defiantdog
12-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Yes, Mullen has interviewed with Miami. We'll see if they offer.

mstatefan91
12-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Um, no it's not, and it's not close. Miami has a better history than State, but they are broke, they play off-campus, and their facilities are terrible. Their coach this year (Al Golden) made half of what Mullen makes at State. I don't see that they could match what we pay Mullen.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 02:28 PM
He interviewed yesterday, Richt today. Richt may be front runner but some on the committee like Schanio. According to reports

Butch Davis is front runner followed very closely by Dan. Schiano and Richt are both possibilities too. They could get anyone on that list but Dan for 3 mil.... So don't expect Dan to get the job.

defiantdog
12-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Anyone who thinks Miami is a better job than state is drunk.
SEC, on campus stadium, sellout crowds, 4mil a yr.

Dan has lost some important support

Covercorner2
12-01-2015, 02:30 PM
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-128-college-football-coaching-jobs-2014

http://espn.go.com/ncf/insider/story/_/id/12375146/texas-longhorns-alabama-crimson-tide-lead-list-college-football-best-jobs

Posted again for bump. Both of these have Miami ranked as a MUCH better job than State. The U isnt what it once was, but it's still better than State, especially if you want a fresh start or a new challenge and live in paradise.

JoseBrown
12-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

But the only way it matters is the way Mullen see's it... Evidently good enough to try, but he's up against some stiff competition..

BossDawg
12-01-2015, 02:34 PM

At this point I don't care if Mullen stays or goes. I just think the new has worn off at State, things have become stagnant for him and the program could use a shot of new blood. If not and he stays, then damnit he better start giving reach arounds to these huge recruits that can make an immediate impact and start getting the players hyped for teams with a strong pulse. Otherwise I wish him luck and hope Scott doesn't Rick Ray the next guy in line.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Butch Davis is front runner followed very closely by Dan. Schiano and Richt are both possibilities too. They could get anyone on that list but Dan for 3 mil.... So don't expect Dan to get the job.

I wonder if Dan Wener makes a return? They could make one more run and then on major probation for violations once again.

Homedawg
12-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Posted again for bump. Both of these have Miami ranked as a MUCH better job than State. The U isnt what it once was, but it's still better than State, especially if you want a fresh start or a new challenge and live in paradise.

And speak Spanish.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 02:39 PM

Exactly.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Yea Bc every time you interview it means "I want out". Why even bother...agenda has already been set, can't back out now...right Coach?

I've interviewed for several jobs without "wanting out" of my current one. Just to gauge interest & see what they had to offer. I'm not saying my source was right or wrong...but there damn sure hasn't been anything released to prove you're right about him "wanting to leave". Miami's a bad ass area to live, so if they pony up the cash he's making now, who would fault him? He'd be dumb not to at least hear people out. Plus, he has a better shot at a Title in Miami in the ACC.

Some of you are either horrible business people, or are so determined to run "Dansbury" off that you'll spin anything to meet your narrative.

Whatever though...if he leaves he leaves

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Mullen better take Omar's advice.

When you come at the King, you best not miss. He better get a gig, otherwise he has some explaining to do.

preachermatt83
One other thing to remember

Richt- No buyout
Schiano- No buyout
Davis- No buyout.

Davis wants it and is lobbying hard for it. Even PUBLICALLY. Look for Davis to get it. Looks like we are gonna be stuck with a coach that tried to get out but nobody would hire. That's the worst possible scenerio ever.

Really Clark?

We will see. May know as early as tomorrow. Usually when a candidate is talked up so well like Davis has been to the media and he speaks about the interview, they are not the guy. Schiano is really liked by some of the search committee. I think it could be any one of them Davis background with NCAA problems would be a bit of a surprise. Good diverse group.

Liverpooldawg
And speak Spanish.

Miami ain't exactly paradise. I have family down there and have spent time there. There is some paradise around, but it's a long drive through absolutely god awful traffic from the U.

By the way. The U grads in the family want Davis.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't know if he's interviewing with schools or not but if it's found that he is, I want him gone! That just tells me he's not into it 100% and if he's not all in, we're not going too win. We're not gonna win in recruiting, on the field or as a program.

I know what you mean .... maybe it's time to redefine "Relentless Effort" ..... TAKE THE JOB DAN

NCDawg
12-01-2015, 02:42 PM

If he's that anxious to get out of Starkville, he may accept a paycut. I don't understand why he let it be known that he interviewed for the job. I think the other candidates don't have a job at the present time. Makes it looks as if he has lost interest in staying at State.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 02:43 PM

These are arbitrary opinions of someone who is looking at history. There is nothing scientific to it, so using either of these as sources to support an argument doesn't work.

Look at attendance, revenue, conference, coach salary, facilities, and success in the last five years. Miami isn't even in the same conversation. In every measure except historical success, Miami comes up short. Every program in the SEC west is better than Miami's at this point.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Yea Bc every time you interview it means "I want out". Why even bother...agenda has already been set, can't back out now...right Coach?

I've interviewed for several jobs without "wanting out" of my current one. Just to gauge interest & see what they had to offer. I'm not saying my source was right or wrong...but there damn sure hasn't been anything released to prove you're right about him "wanting to leave". Miami's a bad ass area to live, so if they pony up the cash he's making now, who would fault him? He'd be dumb not to at least hear people out. Plus, he has a better shot at a Title in Miami in the ACC.

Some of you are either horrible business people, or are so determined to run "Dansbury" off that you'll spin anything to meet your narrative.

I have as well but did you let your employer know about it ?

Beaver
12-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Miami ain't exactly paradise. I have family down there and have spent time there. There is some paradise around, but it's a long drive through absolutely god awful traffic from the U.

Sources say Mullen spent several days in Miami late last season and even spent a few hours at their stadium**

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 02:49 PM
The current Miami Hurricane football program is a shit stain on Bully's underroo's.

They can't match our pay, our campus, our facilities, our small town, our rivalries, our conference, our student base, and damn sure can't touch our fan base. Miami is a dying program. Everyone can see that.

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Easier conference.... School and boosters willing to Cheat....to get the talent in that state.

Beaver
12-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Picture from Oct. 11th, 2014

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/bzryi8hiqaaqm_r.jpg

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 02:58 PM
I have as well but did you let your employer know about it ?

Ha, no. And I'm working so I haven't had time to read any of this, so I didn't know Dan told Scott before he went either.

At the end of the day, I like Dan, but I've always been a big critic of his too. So if he leaves, whatever....I just get tired of certain people picking a 50/50 scenario...throwing shit at one side of it...and then if it lands on red they say "things changed", but if it lands on black, "I was right again! Makes me 1 million and 0 for my lifetime on predictions". It's stupid, selfish, garbage...and does nothing to help the program. It's just to try and say they 're capable of forcing change by their words on a message board.

Oh well. He clearly wants out of Starkville. 7 years in this hell hole was clearly too much. Why else would someone interview for a job, right? And the Internet says he did it, & that he's wanted out for a while....and Coach34 says that's the truth...so why would anyone debate or question, or tell people to think for themselves and don't overreact or read deeper into something than normal.**

Honestly, I just hope Stricklin isn't sitting on his ass right now. Just be proactive is all I ask. Whether he leaves or not, the leverage is squarely in Scott's court now.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 02:59 PM

Only thing State has to offer over Miami is facilities and fan support. Possibly money, but they aren't poor. Miami has better location, tradition, recruiting ground, easier conference, etc.

Facilities and fan support are HUGE. Why do you think Miami has fallen off like they have? If they didn't have so many players available in south Florida it would be much worse than it already is. Its a commuter school.

Sacrifice
12-01-2015, 02:59 PM
All I know is we have some big recruits out there that we need to reel in and this doesn't help.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2015, 03:02 PM
It's twitter and to top it off it Mike Bonner. He's full of it. Look I have issues with Bo and his show but if it was him I might put a lot of stock in it. Not Bonner.

ESPN confirms Mullen interviewed at Miami within the last 24 hours. Still think Bonner is full of it?

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2015, 03:06 PM

It's lateral at best. No on campus stadium, shitty facilities, and payed the former HC half of what Mullen currently makes. The positives are a fertile recruiting ground and an easier path to the playoffs. But it's hard to recruit to facilities that haven't been upgraded in 2+ decades.

MafiaDawg
12-01-2015, 03:06 PM
ESPN also reported Les Miles had been let go. But it's on the Internet so it must be true.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 03:09 PM
These are arbitrary opinions of someone who is looking at history. There is nothing scientific to it, so using either of these as sources to support an argument doesn't work.

Look at attendance, revenue, conference, coach salary, facilities, and success in the last five years. Miami isn't even in the same conversation. In every measure except historical success, Miami comes up short. Every program in the SEC west is better than Miami's at this point.

Yea, but if Athlon Sports says it then it must be true.***

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Are you one of the most visible employees of your company? Are you the de facto leader of an athletics program that has a multi million dollar budget? Come on Cadaver, you know the difference.

This hurts us in recruiting, and it makes us look like a stepping stone program. Perception matters.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 03:10 PM
It's lateral at best. No on campus stadium, shitty facilities, and payed the former HC half of what Mullen currently makes. The positives are a fertile recruiting ground and an easier path to the playoffs. But it's hard to recruit to facilities that haven't been upgraded in 2+ decades.

They are also reporting that they can and will pay more for their next coach. $4MIL per is what is being report they could pay.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2015, 03:12 PM
ESPN also reported Les Miles had been let go. But it's on the Internet so it must be true.

yeah but even Miles believed it

PassInterference
12-01-2015, 03:13 PM
No program, college or pro, that plays on a baseball field should be worth anybody's attention.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Also, anyone that says Miami is a step up from MSU, is what is holding us back. The jobs are not close right now. We are clearly a better program and a better job.

HoopsDawg
12-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Also, anyone that says Miami is a step up from MSU, is what is holding us back. The jobs are not close right now. We are clearly a better program and a better job.

Bingo. It's amazing some of the biggest sunshine pumpers like Liverpool call Miami a better job than us. On second thought, that explains a lot.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2015, 03:19 PM
They are also reporting that they can and will pay more for their next coach. $4MIL per is what is being report they could pay.

So they're going to pay Mullen less for a lateral job? And that still doesn't address updating their facilities, lack of an on-campus stadium, and incredibly shitty fan support. Literally the only positive Miami has going for it is an easier path to the playoffs. Unless their former players are planning on finally ponying up the cash instead of just talking up The U on tv, I don't see Miami as a desirable job. They expect results without giving the resources to accomplish the results.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 03:25 PM
So they're going to pay Mullen less for a lateral job? And that still doesn't address updating their facilities, lack of an on-campus stadium, and incredibly shitty fan support. Literally the only positive Miami has going for it is an easier path to the playoffs. Unless their former players are planning on finally ponying up the cash instead of just talking up The U on tv, I don't see Miami as a desirable job. They expect results without giving the resources to accomplish the results.

I didn't say anything about them paying Mullen. Just you stated something that a lot of people have assumed going forward is they pay a lot less than us. Miami is having it out there that they can and are willing to double what they previously paid Golden to get their guy. My post had nothing to do with Mullen. And I agree in a lot of ways to us it is a lateral move at best. But everybody doesn't see it that way. And that's fine. What they need to do at Miami is go back to the some of foundation Schnellenberger laid and build off of that. That man was a brilliant program builder and set them up for their success for a longtime. And I'm not talking the cheating but actual program building. Which Dan is good at.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 03:27 PM

Sort of made sense 5 years ago when Mullen supposedly talked with them but Miami continues to slide as an attractive job and MSU is a MUCH more attractive job now than it was 5 years ago.

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Sort of made sense 5 years ago when Mullen supposedly talked with them but Miami continues to slide as an attractive job and MSU is a MUCH more attractive job now than it was 5 years ago.

And this is why I want to know if Mullen does really want out of Starkville, why?

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Are you one of the most visible employees of your company? Are you the de facto leader of an athletics program that has a multi million dollar budget? Come on Cadaver, you know the difference.

This hurts us in recruiting, and it makes us look like a stepping stone program. Perception matters.

Never said I liked it or that it didn't hurt. I hate it, & hate that it's Miami of all places....

HoopsDawg
12-01-2015, 03:39 PM
And this is why I want to know if Mullen does really want out of Starkville, why?

Does it matter? Maybe he's a guy that likes to build instead of maintain. Maybe Megan wants to get back with the golf channel. Or maybe he thinks 7 years is as long as you need to stay at one place and he's looking for change of scenery.

The only thing that matters from a Mstate point of view, is that Dan clearly wants out. So, personally, I hope someone hires him and we can all move forward. There is a huge fallacy that the MSU job is a bad job. It's not. It's a tough job for sure, but with our conference, facilities, fan support, salary and recruiting bases it's one of the best 25 jobs in the country. I want a coach who wants to be here.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Does it matter? Maybe he's a guy that likes to build instead of maintain. Maybe Megan wants to get back with the golf channel. Or maybe he thinks 7 years is as long as you need to stay at one place and he's looking for change of scenery.

The only thing that matters from a Mstate point of view, is that Dan clearly wants out. So, personally, I hope someone hires him and we can all move forward. There is a huge fallacy that the MSU job is a bad job. It's not. It's a tough job for sure, but with our conference, facilities, fan support, salary and recruiting bases it's one of the best 25 jobs in the country. I want a coach who wants to be here.

This post sums it up. We can lock this thread up. This guy totally gets it.

OdaMaeBrown
12-01-2015, 03:47 PM
The current Miami Hurricane football program is a shit stain on Bully's underroo's.

They can't match our pay, our campus, our facilities, our small town, our rivalries, our conference, our student base, and damn sure can't touch our fan base. Miami is a dying program. Everyone can see that.

The only thing coaches care out is winning and getting paid. The list of things you rattled off don't have anything to do with either. Why does a coach care about where a stadium that they play in 6 times a year is located? They don't practice there.

Miami has been pretty bad over the last 10 yrs or so and they still have top 20 recruiting classes every year and are very close to the top as terms of players in the NFL. Winning in Miami isn't that hard for a good coach. And you get to live in Miami.

Anyone who thinks MSU is a better job that Miami is just being a homer. That is just a fact.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 04:04 PM

This point very much sums out the overarching sentiment over the last few days. Sunshine pumpers have twisted it into people wanting to fire Mullen. The point is, if he's at the point that he's actively looking at other jobs and wanting out, our best hope is that he gets hired and moves on because it isn't good for us moving forward to have a coach that's not 1000% all in.

Good post, Hoops.

Blackout
12-01-2015, 04:05 PM
If he moves to Miami it probably has mostly to do with Megan. We've made his bank account fat and they can live the dream down there.

Much less time and pressure coaching that program. Pretty solid recruiting classes.

2014- 13th nationally
2013- 14th nationally
2012- 9th nationally

Much easier schedule, much easier recruiting area, no Brackey Brett, malls and beaches for Megan and the kids and the in-laws...

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 04:08 PM
The only thing coaches care out is winning and getting paid. The list of things you rattled off don't have anything to do with either. Why does a coach care about where a stadium that they play in 6 times a year is located? They don't practice there.

Miami has been pretty bad over the last 10 yrs or so and they still have top 20 recruiting classes every year and are very close to the top as terms of players in the NFL. Winning in Miami isn't that hard for a good coach. And you get to live in Miami.

Anyone who thinks MSU is a better job that Miami is just being a homer. That is just a fact.

Dan, is that you?

Miami is a terrible job in almost all measurable facets. If all other things were equal, being in the SEC alone would make our job better. But all other things aren't equal, either. We gotta get out of this "we're just li'l ol' MSU" mentality. It isn't just about MSU, though. Probably 12 out of 14 programs in the SEC are in better shape than Miami.

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2015, 04:10 PM
If he moves to Miami it probably has mostly to do with Megan. We've made his bank account fat and they can live the dream down there.

Much less time and pressure coaching that program. Pretty solid recruiting classes.

2014- 13th nationally
2013- 14th nationally
2012- 9th nationally

Much easier schedule, much easier recruiting area, no Brackey Brett, malls and beaches for Megan and the kids and the in-laws...

Good post. Much easier to win down there. Would be a good job for him to take

PendingTransaction
12-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Some of you caught your wife and best friend coming out of a hotel room together and believed that they were really there planning a surprise birthday party for you. I don't care if Dan had talks with Miami via text. His agent had already vetted the job. They didn't look his number up in the white pages and casually gave him a call to see if he was interested in talking about the job.

dawgoneyall
12-01-2015, 04:12 PM
If he did he should be should be gone today

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Some of you caught your wife and best friend coming out of a hotel room together and believed that they were really there planning a surprise birthday party for you. I don't care if Dan had talks with Miami via text. His agent had already vetted the job. They didn't look his number up in the white pages and casually gave him a call to see if he was interested in talking about the job.

I don't understand why people don't get this. His agent is doing what Mullen told him to do. Put his name in the job search and see who bites.

OdaMaeBrown
12-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Dan, is that you?

Miami is a terrible job in almost all measurable facets. If all other things were equal, being in the SEC alone would make our job better. But all other things aren't equal, either. We gotta get out of this "we're just li'l ol' MSU" mentality. It isn't just about MSU, though. Probably 12 out of 14 programs in the SEC are in better shape than Miami.

Yes, currently almost all the SEC schools are in better shape than Miami. That doesn't make them better jobs. Miami would be top 5 in the SEC. Bama, GA, FL, LSU would be the only ones ahead with Aub and Miami about the same level.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Yes, currently almost all the SEC schools are in better shape than Miami. That doesn't make them better jobs. Miami would be top 5 in the SEC. Bama, GA, FL, LSU would be the only ones ahead with Aub and Miami about the same level.

Says a black female psychic who talks to ghosts. Look, of their top 4 candidates, 3 of them do not currently have a coaching job. That ought to tell you something right there. ANYWHERE where Nick Saban is not in the conference makes it an easier path to the CFP. I'll grant you that.

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 04:42 PM

Or we have a problem in our administration that holds coaches back. And the next coach that replaces Dan will be faced with the same problem and then it's rinse, lather and repeat. If Dan is leaving because of Bracky I'd like to know.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Dan, is that you?

Truth.

CJDAWG85
12-01-2015, 05:04 PM
If im not mistaken, Miami's facilities are complete garbage.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 05:07 PM

If my Aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Miami is not in the SEC. Miami is not going to be in the SEC. They are third fiddle in their own state, and they're always going to be, because they are a commuter school.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 05:11 PM

Well done. I want a coach that wants to be at MSU too.

Blackout
12-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Interesting way of putting it that I haven't considered seen on the other board.

Mullen may be holding back in recruiting because he wants to keep his name clean when a big job opens up. He's purposefully limiting our football talent in order to make him nice and shiny for a big boy job. Hell he may be the driver of the turn yourself in crowd, throwing Redmond and Mirando to the wolves.

PendingTransaction
12-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Interesting way of putting it that I haven't considered seen on the other board.

Mullen may be holding back in recruiting because he wants to keep his name clean when a big job opens up. He's purposefully limiting our football talent in order to make him nice and shiny for a big boy job. Hell he may be the driver of the turn yourself in crowd, throwing Redmond and Mirando to the wolves.

Now you're getting it!

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 05:25 PM

No. The NCAA contacted us about the violations before we knew about it. Mirando lied about what he knew and got a show cause. We had no choice but to cut ties with him. Compliance handles the penalties, including Redmond, not the atheletic department. We have hashed many compliance issues over the years, including outside the football program and before Mullen was hired. You are grasping for straws.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 05:35 PM
No. The NCAA contacted us about the violations before we knew about it. Mirando lied about what he knew and got a show cause. We had no choice but to cut ties with him. Compliance handles the penalties, including Redmond, not the atheletic department. We have hashed many compliance issues over the years, including outside the football program and before Mullen was hired. You are grasping for straws.

I would really like to know how an agency as incompetent as the NCAA came upon this investigative knowledge that Redmond got some articles of clothing and a used car discount. That's some high priority news there.

Westdawg
12-01-2015, 05:36 PM
........Bracky called them up and told them what he had heard.

Quaoarsking
12-01-2015, 05:37 PM

I thought it was posted here by several people in "the know," including Coach34, that Mirando was fired over some kind of sex scandal, not NCAA violations?

1MidsouthDawg
12-01-2015, 05:38 PM
From what I've heard that one is bullshit.

From what I am hearing like all the other jobs he has interviewed for Penn State, Va Tech, _____, it is a "leaked" list of coaches they want.

Also, their facilities are garbage as well as their fans.

Go DAWGs and HAILSTATE!!!

OdaMaeBrown
12-01-2015, 05:42 PM

So Mullen is making himself look better for bigger jobs by not recruiting as well and as a result not winning as much? Damn that is some logic right there.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 05:46 PM
I would really like to know how an agency as incompetent as the NCAA came upon this investigative knowledge that Redmond got some articles of clothing and a used car discount. That's some high priority news there.

They were contacted by an outside source about our possible violations. Investigation started from there.

ETA. The NCAA was notified of possible violations BEFORE we even signed Redmond.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 05:49 PM
They were contacted by an outside source about our possible violations. Investigation started from there.

That being DeVinner or someone associated with Ole Miss.

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2015, 06:04 PM
So Mullen is making himself look better for bigger jobs by not recruiting as well and as a result not winning as much? Damn that is some logic right there.

It's will james...what do you expect...

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
It's will james...what do you expect...

I didn't realize that's who that was. I wonder if he still thinks it's the correct approach to look breaking ball and adjust to the fastball.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 06:10 PM
I agree with those that say that Miami is not as good a job at MSU. I've heard someone compare Miami to Tulane with a really good football program. Maybe that's off some- I don't really know.

BUT what I do know about Miami is they have a trump card in the form of their NFL alumni. They may be only able to pay a coach 2 million- but I guarantee you that Irvin, Sapp, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and ETC. are probably going to have no problem helping the cause of the U- and I imagine between all of them they could easily scrounge up another 2 million a year for whomever their coach is. They're an extremely loyal group towards their alma mater.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 06:13 PM
I agree with those that say that Miami is not as good a job at MSU. I've heard someone compare Miami to Tulane with a really good football program. Maybe that's off some- I don't really know.

BUT what I do know about Miami is they have a trump card in the form of their NFL alumni. They may be only able to pay a coach 2 million- but I guarantee you that Irvin, Sapp, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and ETC. are probably going to have no problem helping the cause of the U- and I imagine between all of them they could easily scrounge up another 2 million a year for whomever their coach is. They're an extremely loyal group towards their alma mater.

Yeah but they are letting it be known that they can and would pay $4MIL a year for their guy. That's a big step up for them.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 06:15 PM

They're loyal in the sense that they like glorifying "Da U", but those guys haven't done anything for that program to this point. You'd think they would be awash in state-of-the-art facilities thanks to all of their alumni, but it hasn't happened. No reason to think it's going to change all of a sudden.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 06:16 PM

That's a great analogy. Tulane used to beat LSU just like Miami used to beat Florida State and Florida.

That's not happening anymore. Let me repeat: Miami WILL NEVER again surpass FSU or Florida. I don't care if Nick Saban goes there. The school is not a good fit for being a major football program in the current college environment.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 06:20 PM
They're loyal in the sense that they like glorifying "Da U", but those guys haven't done anything for that program to this point. You'd think they would be awash in state-of-the-art facilities thanks to all of their alumni, but it hasn't happened. No reason to think it's going to change all of a sudden.

True- but they were all extremely vocal about getting Golden fired. I suspect that they have some clout.

And I don't really know what Miami is planning on doing going forward, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have plans down the road to build their own stadium like Tulane did and like South Alabama is trying to do.

I'm not exactly sure why they don't have better facilities, but my guess is they feel like they can just keep their boys home no matter what for the most part, so they don't have to doll things up as much. Whether that's reality or not is up for debate. But my guess is they're probably pretty arrogant.

Todd4State
12-01-2015, 06:21 PM
That's a great analogy. Tulane used to beat LSU just like Miami used to beat Florida State and Florida.

That's not happening anymore. Let me repeat: Miami WILL NEVER again surpass FSU or Florida. I don't care if Nick Saban goes there. The school is not a good fit for being a major football program in the current college environment.

I think he just meant that both are private schools. The caveat is Tulane WITH a really good football program. Which they never really have had there aside from 1998.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Not without going completely rogue on the recruiting front like they did before.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 06:33 PM

Ain't it though. Some people here have gone stark raving nutts.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 06:36 PM

My Miami family members say that doesn't happen much down there. They talk about the U, but they don't donate as much as you might think.

Blackout
12-01-2015, 06:37 PM
My Miami family members say that doesn't happen much down there. They talk about the U, but they don't donate as much as you might think.

They don't have as much as you might think

PassInterference
12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
I won't believe there's anything to this story until Steven Godfrey writes an article about it.

Coach34
12-01-2015, 06:43 PM
I thought it was posted here by several people in "the know," including Coach34, that Mirando was fired over some kind of sex scandal, not NCAA violations?

uhhhhhhh no

somebodyshotmypaw
12-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Mirando resigned in 2012, and this site wasn't started until 2013, so nothing was posted here period. However, prior to the word coming out about the violation, it was discussed on another board (sixpack) about Mirando leaving for possibly dating a student or teacher or something. That was mentioned by several posters, including one that went by the name of Coach34. But that was early speculation that folks were hearing, and folks admitted such. As it turned out, it was fact that Mirando was dating a student or teacher as speculated, so the posters' speculation was partially correct. But that was not the reason for the resignation as later discovered. Most all posters stated it as speculation and not fact.

Quaoarsking
12-01-2015, 07:28 PM
uhhhhhhh no
Actually, you repeatedly said that the firing was due to a relationship and not because of NCAA Sanctions:

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90279-Things-to-remember-regarding-Mirando
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90212-You-guys-have-any-other-innocent-girls-you-want-to-drag
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90198-So-was-everyone-that-was-in-the-know-about-Mirando

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90199-MSU-STATEMENT&p=750167&viewfull=1#post750167
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90402-Since-rumors-are-encouraged&p=751785&viewfull=1#post751785

Coach34
12-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Actually, you repeatedly said that the firing was due to a relationship and not because of NCAA Sanctions:

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90279-Things-to-remember-regarding-Mirando
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90212-You-guys-have-any-other-innocent-girls-you-want-to-drag
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90198-So-was-everyone-that-was-in-the-know-about-Mirando

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90199-MSU-STATEMENT&p=750167&viewfull=1#post750167
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?90402-Since-rumors-are-encouraged&p=751785&viewfull=1#post751785

ohhhh thats right. I had forgotten we were using the Ole Miss playbook to control the message as long as possible.

To the 2nd part- we arent a 3-9 program anymore. Its that simple. This particular team should have won at least 10 games. Next year's team wont have that same expectation-next year's team just needs to get bowl eligible.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Bingo. It's amazing some of the biggest sunshine pumpers like Liverpool call Miami a better job than us. On second thought, that explains a lot.

Not to me personally. I DO NOT LIKE Miami. I have family there( 2 Miami grads) and have spent some time down there. I don't know much but I probably know a bit more about Miami and the Gables than most here. HOWEVER if you ask football people my guess is 90-95% of the ones not wearing our version of maroon and white would say the Miami job is better. We have WAY better facilities and support. They have WAY better recruiting grounds and history.

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2015, 09:07 PM
And everyone is forgetting Dan's real motivation - don't y'all know ALL Yankees want to move to South Florida! Del Boca Vista Phase II needs a new condo association president.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 09:11 PM
And everyone is forgetting Dan's real motivation - don't y'all know ALL Yankees want to move to South Florida! Del Boca Vista Phase II needs a new condo association president.

Till they go through their first summer. Then something like 50% move back north, seriously.