PDA

View Full Version : I'm not one to cite "sources", but here's why y'all need to chill in my opinion....

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 09:18 AM
I spoke to someone very reliable yesterday. They told me point blank that the "Mullen wants out of Starkville" thing was a total joke and twisting of words. He said that Mullen had apparently told his agent he would be interested in talking to any "Big Name" programs (mentioning specifically UGA, FSU, USC types), but ONLY a big name program that could be a huge step up in his career.

This guy I spoke with said his agent got that word out, but some members of the media took only part of that, and claimed Mullen was "interested in leaving" period...which IS NOT the case. Therefore schools like Maryland, Virginia, etc., reached out to him as they should have thinking he "wanted out". So apparently Dan basically saying he wouldn't turn down an interview with a Top 5 ish program, got turned in to "Dan wants out".

From that point, our very own decided to believe everything they heard, and ran with it. Some even going as far as to say they could tell he wanted out, which according to this source, is completely untrue. He says Dan and Megan are totally happy in Starkville, but just like any of us, he is not going to say No to a conversation and interview with a Top program in the country. After all, coaches have to strike while their stock is high, or it may pass them by.

Anyway, that's what I was told. He even said that Dan seemed disappointed about the loss Saturday, but fired up about closing recruiting strong and winning the bowl game. Feels good about what he has coming back.

Take that for what it's worth. That is part of the reason that it pisses me off that some loud voices are trying to paint this as "Dan wants out", when it doesn't sound like it is at all true. And I don't want our fan base to jump on that wagon when there may be a totally other side to the story. If what my source says is true, there is zero reason to believe Dan wants out, & we should be supporting him while maybe pushing for staff changes...but not trying to run him off based on false info, and potentially hurting the program and recruiting in the process.

That's all I've got...I just want y'all to think for yourself. Don't believe everything someone pushes...and that includes me. I just feel confident that Mullen doesn't want out, so I'm not jumping to conclusions.

thf24
12-01-2015, 09:27 AM
I suspected as much. I feel like that should have been the first thought of any rational person. Unfortunate because it's perfect bait for the blowhards with an agenda that latch onto the out of context rumors and push it like it's fact. And if that hasn't made the boards unreadable enough over the past few days, you've also got the wannabe "insiders" claiming bullshit "sources" that are either just the same rumors already public or simply don't exist at all, making up shit in an attempt to cash in on that sweet, sweet internet cred if they happen to seem right in the end. Such is the nature of message boards and the internet though, I suppose.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 09:31 AM
I suspected as much. I feel like that should have been the first thought of any rational person. Unfortunate because it's perfect bait for the blowhards with an agenda that latch onto the out of context rumors and push it like it's fact. And if that hasn't made the boards unreadable enough over the past few days, you've also got the wannabe "insiders" claiming bullshit "sources" that are either just the same rumors already public or simply don't exist at all, making up shit in an attempt to cash in on that sweet, sweet internet cred if they happen to seem right in the end. Such is the nature of message boards and the internet though, I suppose.

I'm fine with all of this and I'm willing to accept it at face value, but he's on video on Saturday night and we all saw it (sideline antics and post-game presser). Maybe he was just out of sorts, but he did not look like a guy that loves Starkville, was excited to close recruiting and to go win the bowl game. I hope this is all correct, it's better for everyone, but I'm a skeptic until he shows us these things.

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2015, 09:32 AM
I don't want Mullen gone and that makes me feel better if what you heard was true. I do want some changes made to the staff, though, and I wish we could do something to recruit at a higher level. While there is certainly something to finding diamonds in the rough and coaching them up I would rather be coaching up a #10 ranked class than a #40 ranked class.

Was talking to another poster this morning when he swung by my desk while I was perusing office chairs on the internet and we were of the same opinion. Neither of us can think of one thing Felker adds to the program. He needs to be gone and Hughs reassigned to high school relations and recruiting coordinator. Don't let him near our safeties again. Then go out and hire someone that is an extremely good safeties coach and let him teach our guys how to be closer than 15 yards from the ball. Burn every piece of literature we have on hawk tackling and forget we ever attempted it. Never speak of it again. If Mullen doesn't want to fire Hevesy then reassign him and get another O line coach in there. Yes, I realize we had one of the top ranked offenses in the SEC but that was no thanks to our line. When you have a line that can't block and your favorite running plays is sending a 160lbs back up the middle or any called run when your other primary back gets tackled by a ladybug crawling up a blade of grass then you need a road grader line that can push people around.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 09:32 AM
I never felt this shit about dan leaving or wanting to leave. just took what was said at face value I guess, and ofc dan would entertain offers from elite programs. be crazy not to.

can we stop this rumor mill shit (whether from media or our own) every year? even with all the inside info, "he gone", 100% dans gone, etc etc I just didn't buy it. for the most part I just tried to stay out of it cos it's a pointless argument.

TL,DR cadaver is spot on.

Thick
12-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Rumors be damned!! He has been totally out coached in big games that we can win. He wants out if he can get a job at a bigger program. He needs to start PAYING ATTENTION to the one that provides him with the $4 million plus!! Win some big games, get to the ATL, then maybe a big program will have him at the top of their list!

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm fine with all of this and I'm willing to accept it at face value, but he's on video on Saturday night and we all saw it (sideline antics and post-game presser). Maybe he was just out of sorts, but he did not look like a guy that loves Starkville, was excited to close recruiting and to go win the bowl game. I hope this is all correct, it's better for everyone, but I'm a skeptic until he shows us these things.

randy I thought dans gone by Wednesday and we can focus on rebuilding?

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 09:38 AM
I spoke to someone very reliable yesterday. They told me point blank that the "Mullen wants out of Starkville" thing was a total joke and twisting of words. He said that Mullen had apparently told his agent he would be interested in talking to any "Big Name" programs (mentioning specifically UGA, FSU, USC types), but ONLY a big name program that could be a huge step up in his career.

This guy I spoke with said his agent got that word out, but some members of the media took only part of that, and claimed Mullen was "interested in leaving" period...which IS NOT the case. Therefore schools like Maryland, Virginia, etc., reached out to him as they should have thinking he "wanted out". So apparently Dan basically saying he wouldn't turn down an interview with a Top 5 ish program, got turned in to "Dan wants out".

From that point, our very own decided to believe everything they heard, and ran with it. Some even going as far as to say they could tell he wanted out, which according to this source, is completely untrue. He says Dan and Megan are totally happy in Starkville, but just like any of us, he is not going to say No to a conversation and interview with a Top program in the country. After all, coaches have to strike while their stock is high, or it may pass them by.

Anyway, that's what I was told. He even said that Dan seemed disappointed about the loss Saturday, but fired up about closing recruiting strong and winning the bowl game. Feels good about what he has coming back.

Take that for what it's worth. That is part of the reason that it pisses me off that some loud voices are trying to paint this as "Dan wants out", when it doesn't sound like it is at all true. And I don't want our fan base to jump on that wagon when there may be a totally other side to the story. If what my source says is true, there is zero reason to believe Dan wants out, & we should be supporting him while maybe pushing for staff changes...but not trying to run him off based on false info, and potentially hurting the program and recruiting in the process.

That's all I've got...I just want y'all to think for yourself. Don't believe everything someone pushes...and that includes me. I just feel confident that Mullen doesn't want out, so I'm not jumping to conclusions.

He could come out and say all of this himself and reaffirm his commitment, and let us know how unacceptable Saturday's effort was to him. That would help. Until then, I don't trust anyone's "sources." I only trust what I see with my own eyes - and that wasn't good last weekend.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Rumors be damned!! He has been totally out coached in big games that we can win. He wants out if he can get a job at a bigger program. He needs to start PAYING ATTENTION to the one that provides him with the $4 million plus!! Win some big games, get to the ATL, then maybe a big program will have him at the top of their list!

some games he hasn't called plays like most of us wish he would. idk if it's youth or nerve's or just being bad. IDK

we didn't lose to ole miss cos of coaching, or "want to". so let's get that out the way.

and yea we pay him 4m+. it's the cost of business in the sec west.we win 18, maybe 19 games in 2 yrs. I'm fairly certain he's won some big games. get to atl? there's buncha sec west teams would love that. bama gonna bama. at least it's not tsun

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Good words Cadaver!

Pretty obvious that this is the situation. I be believed this since the rumors jumped the shark

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 09:43 AM

That jibes with everything I have ever heard that I consider reliable. Excellent and thanks for posting it.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 09:43 AM
some games he hasn't called plays like most of us wish he would. idk if it's youth or nerve's or just being bad. IDK

we didn't lose to ole miss cos of coaching, or "want to". so let's get that out the way.

and yea we pay him 4m+. it's the cost of business in the sec west.we win 18, maybe 19 games in 2 yrs. I'm fairly certain he's won some big games. get to atl? there's buncha sec west teams would love that. bama gonna bama. at least it's not tsun

Why, because you say so? That statement is total lunacy. Ole Miss is a talented football team, but busted assignments, mental mistakes, missed tackles, poor playcalling - that's all coaching and effort (or "want to", as you put it).

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Why, because you say so? That statement is total lunacy. Ole Miss is a talented football team, but busted assignments, mental mistakes, missed tackles, poor playcalling - that's all coaching and effort (or "want to", as you put it).

I say that because 2 turnovers in the first quarter that directly lead to scores (1 an actual pick 6) aren't a recipe to win.

I don't claim to read facial expressions or body language for the fbi covering the give a **** of football coaches.

so yea, not cos I say so. sorry I'm a lunatic

eta: dans not innocent we didn't start well at all and some of that falls on him. can he stop dak from a fumble after a 12 yrd gain? and after down 14-0 dak didbwhat he didnt all year and forced a throw that he shouldnt. but we did win the 2nd half sth like 24-10? I mean it's not like we ****ing quit.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2015, 09:48 AM

Please tell you realize how much better Mullen's play calling is when we can block the defensive line? Please tell me you see that

BulldogBear
12-01-2015, 09:49 AM

I don't want Mullen gone and that makes me feel better if what you heard was true. I do want some changes made to the staff, though, and I wish we could do something to recruit at a higher level. While there is certainly something to finding diamonds in the rough and coaching them up I would rather be coaching up a #10 ranked class than a #40 ranked class.

Was talking to another poster this morning when he swung by my desk while I was perusing office chairs on the internet and we were of the same opinion. Neither of us can think of one thing Felker adds to the program. He needs to be gone and Hughs reassigned to high school relations and recruiting coordinator. Don't let him near our safeties again. Then go out and hire someone that is an extremely good safeties coach and let him teach our guys how to be closer than 15 yards from the ball. Burn every piece of literature we have on hawk tackling and forget we ever attempted it. Never speak of it again. If Mullen doesn't want to fire Hevesy then reassign him and get another O line coach in there. Yes, I realize we had one of the top ranked offenses in the SEC but that was no thanks to our line. When you have a line that can't block and your favorite running plays is sending a 160lbs back up the middle or any called run when your other primary back gets tackled by a ladybug crawling up a blade of grass then you need a road grader line that can push people around.

thf24 - +1

I deliberately tried to stay out of these discussions the last few days. My emotions run high after the Egg Bowl.

Vegas - Agreed, be gone with Hawk Tackling!!! If any of you have been in section 19 this year and heard someone complaining loudly about the "Sparrow Tackling," that would be me!

fishwater99
12-01-2015, 09:51 AM

Youth or nerves, he has been our head coach for 7 years...
What team has he beaten that was really any good?
Mullen has only beaten 1 team that finished ranked in the Top 20 at the end of the season...

0-7 vs Bama
1-6 vs LSU
1-3 vs Freeze
1-3 vs A&M

Brahmabull
Look, I don't know if he truly wants out or not, but I know that there is not a coach in the country that has to "tell" their agent they are willing to talk to top 5 jobs if any become available. That is b.s. If they have to tell their agent that, then they need to fire their agent. Now, do I think there is a lot of shit spewed by opposing agents to the media to stir stuff up? Absolutely! Do I think his agents floats stuff out to the media to get leverage for a pay raise and to gauge interest in his client? Absolutely!

Bottom line on Mullen is this IMO, he has done a great job for MSU. We have had the greatest modern day run in program history. He still has plenty of major flaws that cause him to struggle especially in big games. We, as a program, still have a major, major up hill climb on the recruiting front. Especially at positions were the talent in MS is thin, i.e. OL and QB. We have been lucky at QB in that Dak exceeded most people's expectations.

Like it or not, for this 4 year stretch, our rival has owned our ass in head to head play. Primarily because they have done what it takes, right or wrong, to get the bigtime talent at the most critical positions to do what they want to do. We can't worry about them and whether or not the NCAA ever punishes them. We have to find a way to get better talent in our program. You can only sign so many 2 and 3 star players and coach them up before you have some major misses.

JohnnyQuid
Please tell you realize how much better Mullen's play calling is when we can block the defensive line? Please tell me you see that

anyone's playcalling looks better when the qb has all day to throw. yes I'm aware

eta: dak up the gut vs good dlines isn't a good call. maybe sparingly. holloway vs bad dlines up the gut is a bad call.

I think those kinda things frustrate people

Thick
12-01-2015, 09:52 AM

"At least it's not OM". Really, that's all you care about is what OM does? Well here's some food for thought....Dan is 1 out of 4 vs Freeze, and that 1 was pure luck! I don't care what OM does, because I'm a State grad. If you care about OM, then you should be out of your mind pissed off about the last 4 years! Dan is about to enter year 8, and HE HAS NEVER RECRUITED GOOD OFFENSIVE LINEMEN. He inherited good linemen. You cannot win/compete in the West if you cannot control the LOS. Enjoy this underachieving 8-4, because next year is going to be much tougher.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2015, 09:52 AM
I just don't know why he would want to leave 4 mill plus a year at a job he has a lot of job security to go coach at Maryland. Over 20 years at state he is going to make a lot of money. Now I could see him leaving for USC type of job, better chance for NC. I also think the SEC put down the Mullen to Ga. I just don' think the SEC wants Schools robbing Head Coaches directly from other SEC schools.

He better get some O-Lineman to go with his skill players. He also needs to change Defensive Backfield coaches. We have been getting lighted up for several years now.

Bama_Dawg
12-01-2015, 09:54 AM
CD, I agree, we all need to chill for now. Staff changes are necessary, but I don't think Mullen wants out of Starkville. He, like any of us, would take a look at a step up in the world, and I have no fault with that. That being said, I think Dan also knows that he has built the foundation for a successful program. So the only way to leave would be for something better (higher paying/more prestigious).

IMO, what we saw after the Egg Bowl was a distraught Mullen. He had to keep his calm for the press (including the guy from farmersonly.com), but I'm sure inside he was eaten up. Any coach worth his salt would be. He just didn't know what to do or say, so it came out as "distant."

My biggest fear, and it happens often to us, is that we will play poorly in the Bowl game. Dan will have to find a way to motivate these guys (Dak's last game in DWS didn't seem to do it) to really take out frustration on an opponent.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 09:55 AM
randy I thought dans gone by Wednesday and we can focus on rebuilding?

It's not Wednesday yet, I'm willing to accept it's a misunderstanding though as CD said. Also willing to accept that you're an ass. :)

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Mullen has only beaten 1 team that finished ranked in the Top 20 at the end of the season...

0-7 vs Bama
1-6 vs LSU
1-3 vs Freeze
1-3 vs A&M

honestly an sec win is a good win. and again youre using only 4 yrs for tsun. u act like we should sleep walk thru this conference.

alabama and lsu are what they are. go Google #of players currently in nfl off each sec team. I'd love to beat all these teams every other year it's just not reality

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2015, 10:01 AM
And I won't hold laughing about the kick or the press conference against him. Dan took a "shit happens" attitude to a "shit happens" situation. I have no doubt our coaches had the team prepared. We had energy that first drive, and were clicking until Dak fumbled - and honestly until the pick 6. Something went against us at every key moment in that game. That shit happens. Happened to Bama against OM. After all the bounces going wrong all game we still had a chance late, and a bounce on a kick ends it.

What Dan has learned, and a bunch of y'all need to learn, is that you can't dwell on that shit or it will eat you alive. Laugh it off and move on. We had a good season, worked hard, made mistakes, grew as program, overcame some challenges, had some kids rise above expectations, and for the 7th straight year did better than everyone in the country (outside our fanbase) said we would. And Dan was right when he said that in the press conference. You learn from all of that, apply it to next year and get better.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:01 AM
honestly an sec win is a good win. and again youre using only 4 yrs for tsun. u act like we should sleep walk thru this conference.

alabama and lsu are what they are. go Google #of players currently in nfl off each sec team. I'd love to beat all these teams every other year it's just not reality

We should be winning about 1 out of 4 vs. LSU and Bama, that would be reasonable and respectable (winning your home game every other year), even if they're great. These 0-fer streaks have to concern even you.

The Freeze thing is overblown, it's one game off of .500. Dan does need to take it to his ass next year up in Oxford though, will be disappointed if he doesn't. They should be down next year...

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 10:03 AM
"At least it's not OM". Really, that's all you care about is what OM does? Well here's some food for thought....Dan is 1 out of 4 vs Freeze, and that 1 was pure luck! I don't care what OM does, because I'm a State grad. If you care about OM, then you should be out of your mind pissed off about the last 4 years! Dan is about to enter year 8, and HE HAS NEVER RECRUITED GOOD OFFENSIVE LINEMEN. He inherited good linemen. You cannot win/compete in the West if you cannot control the LOS. Enjoy this underachieving 8-4, because next year is going to be much tougher.

was meant for a bit of levity (the OM bit). guess I swung and missed.

one thing we can agree on is you can't be dominant in this league without very good linemen on both sides of the ball. I , like u, hope we get better on the offense side soon.

but I'm sorry. I'm not pissed off about the last 4 yrs. I thought 8-9 wins this year and we're in that range. we lost to ole miss.

if I was 20 I might be downright MAD as u say I should be. sorry if that doesn't make me a better state fan than you

lastmajordog
12-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Well said!!

"Like it or not, for this 4 year stretch, our rival has owned our ass in head to head play. Primarily because they have done what it takes, right or wrong, to get the bigtime talent at the most critical positions to do what they want to do. We can't worry about them and whether or not the NCAA ever punishes them. We have to find a way to get better talent in our program. You can only sign so many 2 and 3 star players and coach them up before you have some major misses."

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
It's not Wednesday yet, I'm willing to accept it's a misunderstanding though as CD said. Also willing to accept that you're an ass. :)

I am an ass, I couldn't help ****ing with ya a bit. nothing personal all in fun

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
We should be winning about 1 out of 4 vs. LSU and Bama, that would be reasonable and respectable (winning your home game every other year), even if they're great. These 0-fer streaks have to concern even you.

The Freeze thing is overblown, it's one game off of .500. Dan does need to take it to his ass next year up in Oxford though, will be disappointed if he doesn't. They should be down next year...

I can get on board with all of this. we agree, finally. ha

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 10:05 AM

Accurate

Thick
12-01-2015, 10:05 AM
One more thing I want to add. Last year, big games.....Bama/OM, you win, we are in the playoffs, we lost! This year, big games....Bama/OM, if you win, you win the west, if you just beat your rival it's Sugar Dawgs. We lost both games. Freeze has beaten Bama/MSU 2 straight years....big games. If some of you are so worried about OM and why they get all of the hype, it's because they win big games. Dan and MSU just beat the weaker teams. That's mediocrity in my book, and no one cares about shitty bowl games vs mediocre opponents.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 10:09 AM
no one cares about shitty bowl games vs mediocre opponents.

the players who worked their ****ing ass off all year care. and I guess we've progressed from reading dans body language to full on telepathy of our entire fan base.

im being a smart ass but, people care.

eta: last year AU and A&M we both in top 10 if not top 5 when we beat them. those were pretty big ****ing games. don't give me they finished ranked here or there.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM
I can get on board with all of this. we agree, finally. ha

It was bound to happen... LOL

Insert reference about monkeys, typewriters, and Shakespeare. :)

lastmajordog
12-01-2015, 10:17 AM
JWS was rolling and lost a game Dogs should have won in South Carolina. I think it was a turnover and the team lost and NEVER recovered playing or recruiting till Dan. I do hope Coach will make needed changes and hit recruit trail. I don't follow as closely as most of you guys but I can never remember feeling so good about a backup QB (Fitz), M. Deer, and several others. Now no doubt the line on both sides needs to be emphasized but it sure seems as though for our "down" year next year there are rays of sunshine which was not always the case in past years.....JMO

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:18 AM
the players who worked their ****ing ass off all year care. and I guess we've progressed from reading dans body language to full on telepathy of our entire fan base.

eta: last year AU and A&M we both in top 10 if not top 5 when we beat them. those were pretty big ****ing games. don't give me they finished ranked here or there.

I was a hot head on Sunday and said I wouldn't support the team. That was dead wrong, the players deserve support and that was the whiskey talking (actually didn't have any, but same effect). If this team wins a bowl game and gets to 9 wins, 19 wins over two seasons is some damn good football by any measure. These guys definitely deserve to go out with good fan support.

fishwater99
12-01-2015, 10:20 AM
One more thing I want to add. Last year, big games.....Bama/OM, you win, we are in the playoffs, we lost! This year, big games....Bama/OM, if you win, you win the west, if you just beat your rival it's Sugar Dawgs. We lost both games. Freeze has beaten Bama/MSU 2 straight years....big games. If some of you are so worried about OM and why they get all of the hype, it's because they win big games. Dan and MSU just beat the weaker teams. That's mediocrity in my book, and no one cares about shitty bowl games vs mediocre opponents.

THIS....

Thick
12-01-2015, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=JohnnyQuid;462549]the players who worked their ****ing ass off all year care. and I guess we've progressed from reading dans body language to full on telepathy of our entire fan base.

im being a smart ass but, people care.[

I'm fine with you being a smart ass, no problem. Dan talked about winning championships. He's not talking about that anymore. I wonder why? Do you think it's because he can't win a big game to get to a championship? Do you think it's because Freeze owns his ass right now? Where's the fire and excitement that he used to have?

I personally think that he thought he would have been offered a dream job after last year. I think if he doesn't have a solid recruiting class, that the flame has burnt out. They say 10 years is about the length of a tenure at one school, and then it's time to move on. We might very well be looking at the beginning of the decline.

ghostofjackie
12-01-2015, 10:24 AM
but but but but but ... Mullen should address all these internetz rumors. Maybe him and Scott should do the elephant walk on their approach to the podium to really show their solidarity and commitment to each other.

I could tell by how light he patted Dak's ass after that first fumble that he had one foot out the door. Usually he gives it a good slap enough to cause a slight "jiggle". This one just looked weak and un-invested.

gtowndawg
12-01-2015, 10:24 AM

Exactly. I swear if anyone complains next year about M State not getting respect and the Ole Miss controlled media propping up Northern Miss I swear I'm going to lose it. To be the man, you've got to beat the man. Something Dan has rarely accomplished in 7 years.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2015, 10:29 AM

Great Post CD and the best thing that has been posted since this rumor crap started. Bruce Feldman can be thanked for starting this. He doesn't like us, but likes Ole Miss. I wish people could chill on the alledged happy smile and the presser. That smile did not mean he was happy with what had just happened. It looked like that basically it meant well nothing else has gone our way, so it happens again. Smiling in those situations sometimes helps relieves stress when you actually want to cry. On the presser, it was a very emotional day and night, with Dak leaving , etc. and the media can ask some stupid questions sometimes. Mullen was not in a good mood after that game and the media didn't help. Have any of these people seen a presser after a Bama loss. Saban is not very friendly to the media, especially if they ask stupid questions. He can also be very blunt and sharp with his responses, if he does respond. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemies and don't even need Ole Miss to start something, but I know they are very happy about all this Mullen wants out stuff. They would love for him to leave and us to have to start all over.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=JohnnyQuid;462549]the players who worked their ****ing ass off all year care. and I guess we've progressed from reading dans body language to full on telepathy of our entire fan base.

im being a smart ass but, people care.[

I'm fine with you being a smart ass, no problem. Dan talked about winning championships. He's not talking about that anymore. I wonder why? Do you think it's because he can't win a big game to get to a championship? Do you think it's because Freeze owns his ass right now? Where's the fire and excitement that he used to have?

I personally think that he thought he would have been offered a dream job after last year. I think if he doesn't have a solid recruiting class, that the flame has burnt out. They say 10 years is about the length of a tenure at one school, and then it's time to move on. We might very well be looking at the beginning of the decline.

I'm sure he's sincere about his want to win them. it's just easier said than done in the sec west. I'm ever hopeful each year tho.. it's what we do right? and he did talk about it - watch relentless. "our goals are still attainable sec west etc" after its out of reach yea.. I doubt he brings it up in passing

8-4 after 10-2 with a bowl game and some think we're in the beginning of a decline. I ****ing love us

cheewgumm
12-01-2015, 10:32 AM

THIS!!!!!

I could care less if he " wants out" or any of that. I do care that our OL is unbelievably bad and our recruiting is lacking to be kind. I've never heard of a team giving up 10 sacks on a game... Ever.

Our recruiting has to get better, specifically on the OL. You can live with crappy RBs but we can't make it without a good OL.

Thick
12-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Did you really just say that the west coaches are glad to see rumors of Dan leaving???? Why? They own his ass. Saban, Miles, Freeze, and Sumerlin love Dan. In the last 4 years, Dan has owned AR and done well vs AU, but the others he has 1 win vs OM, LSU, and aTm. Of course, he has never beaten Saban. Again, they don't care if he stays or goes.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2015, 10:41 AM
And I won't hold laughing about the kick or the press conference against him. Dan took a "shit happens" attitude to a "shit happens" situation. I have no doubt our coaches had the team prepared. We had energy that first drive, and were clicking until Dak fumbled - and honestly until the pick 6. Something went against us at every key moment in that game. That shit happens. Happened to Bama against OM. After all the bounces going wrong all game we still had a chance late, and a bounce on a kick ends it.

What Dan has learned, and a bunch of y'all need to learn, is that you can't dwell on that shit or it will eat you alive. Laugh it off and move on. We had a good season, worked hard, made mistakes, grew as program, overcame some challenges, had some kids rise above expectations, and for the 7th straight year did better than everyone in the country (outside our fanbase) said we would. And Dan was right when he said that in the press conference. You learn from all of that, apply it to next year and get better.

good post (except the laugh it off part) ... both Bama and OM were quite simply put - better teams than we were this year .... may not necessarily be the case next year

FISHDAWG
12-01-2015, 10:46 AM

Thick is OK ... he, like a few more here are still in meltdown mode ... yeah, players, coaches, & fans do care and you dont rise to #1 in the country in 5 weeks with out winning a few big games .... Thick- start using more rationale and less emotion

tcdog70
12-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I never felt this shit about dan leaving or wanting to leave. just took what was said at face value I guess, and ofc dan would entertain offers from elite programs. be crazy not to.

can we stop this rumor mill shit (whether from media or our own) every year? even with all the inside info, "he gone", 100% dans gone, etc etc I just didn't buy it. for the most part I just tried to stay out of it cos it's a pointless argument.

TL,DR cadaver is spot on.

some people like to stir shit--it creates lots of activity on their message board. How about "100%" gone--total bullshit.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Thick is OK ... he, like a few more here are still in meltdown mode ... yeah, players, coaches, & fans do care and you dont rise to #1 in the country in 5 weeks with out winning a few big games .... Thick- start using more rationale and less emotion

Rational discussion and less emotion is good, and your comment about being #1 provoked a thought. Being rational, can we agree that when we got to #1 this team lost some fire it has never regained? Even with the OL holes, running game issues, etc. this team has just seemed off since last year. We went in to Tuscaloosa, got whipped and never really recovered from that game. I don't think the program has ever gotten back to form. We've seen flashes of good play, but not a game of consistently playing with intensity and fire for 4 quarters. Even our USM game this year seemed flat - I don't understand how that happened.

This is not a "fire Dan" comment, far from it. Just a thought that this team may not have underachieved on paper based on stars, talent, health, etc... but it does seem to me that our energy level was flat all year and that could have been the missing piece for winning another game or two. Arkansas was the only game that came close and even then we almost gave that one away. Something to think about for finishing out this season and heading into '16.

joedog
12-01-2015, 10:59 AM
http://s14.postimg.org/49ig22fgx/FREEXANAX.jpg

Csdog
12-01-2015, 11:01 AM
I have no doubt that what you say is correct,and suspected it all along. Some of my beloved Bulldog brothers need to stop this madness every year. They never learn

Statefan
12-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Rational discussion and less emotion is good, and your comment about being #1 provoked a thought. Being rational, can we agree that when we got to #1 this team lost some fire it has never regained? Even with the OL holes, running game issues, etc. this team has just seemed off since last year. We went in to Tuscaloosa, got whipped and never really recovered from that game. I don't think the program has ever gotten back to form. We've seen flashes of good play, but not a game of consistently playing with intensity and fire for 4 quarters. Even our USM game this year seemed flat - I don't understand how that happened.

This is not a "fire Dan" comment, far from it. Just a thought that this team may not have underachieved on paper based on stars, talent, health, etc... but it does seem to me that our energy level was flat all year and that could have been the missing piece for winning another game or two. Arkansas was the only game that came close and even then we almost gave that one away. Something to think about for finishing out this season and heading into '16.

I like this theory -- it's similar to the group of players that got to Omaha and then suddenly lost that competitive edge and drive to win. Too much patting on the back perhaps. In the case of baseball and football, thank goodness there are a lot of talented younger players that are ready to prove their worth to the program

Thick
12-01-2015, 11:09 AM
First, I'm not mad. Second, I'm just making a few points based on facts and results. This year the West was pretty average at best. Bama is the only really good team, but OM beat them on the road. We got killed at home. That's result based fact. We got manhandled in the Egg, that's not emotion. That's result based facts. I'm sorry that my opinions don't flow with the status quo, but from this point forward, staff management and recruiting will dictate where Dan's head is moving forward. Next year could get real ugly depending on draft eligible juniors that jump. That's not emotion guys, that's fact.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 11:12 AM
http://s14.postimg.org/49ig22fgx/FREEXANAX.jpg

Would be awesome if this were real...

Coach34
12-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Brahma bull hit it squarely in the nose. Cadaver's post is spin after the fact. Nobody has to "tell" their agent they are willing to listen to a top job. Mullen's name has been out there every year for a job. This year was much different. Stop being morons.

Coach34
12-01-2015, 11:19 AM
First, I'm not mad. Second, I'm just making a few points based on facts and results. This year the West was pretty average at best. Bama is the only really good team, but OM beat them on the road. We got killed at home. That's result based fact. We got manhandled in the Egg, that's not emotion. That's result based facts. I'm sorry that my opinions don't flow with the status quo, but from this point forward, staff management and recruiting will dictate where Dan's head is moving forward. Next year could get real ugly depending on draft eligible juniors that jump. That's not emotion guys, that's fact.

preach it Fullback!!

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 11:20 AM

the west is bowl eligible across the board. not many divisions can say that and I doubt anybody would wanna play any of the bottom half in 2nd half of season. facts also.

bama whipped us. no doubt. we couldn't match up. om didn't manhandle us, we made mistakes they capitalized. wish we'd played better but no. we played a decent 2nd half (24-10 ish) did om let off the gas? I really doubt it. could be tho. still.

and yes, I'm with ya. staff management and getting the types of guys we need, in here.I think next year will be a decent year.. no inside info. just my gut.

eta: i saw where online our center played 1 oline position for the game. the rest were mixed and matched. our oline was a mess, IT got manhandled if anything.

YazooDawg23
12-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Brahma bull hit it squarely in the nose. Cadaver's post is spin after the fact. Nobody has to "tell" their agent they are willing to listen to a top job. Mullen's name has been out there every year for a job. This year was much different. Stop being morons.

Coach your sources have had a tough year.

Percho
12-01-2015, 11:23 AM

Coaches?

Has anyone considered that Rev, Frozen beat Alabama and LSU in the same year and still did not make it to Atlanta? How unhappy should the reb/bears be with that?

LC Dawg
12-01-2015, 11:24 AM
I think the biggest thing to worry about when you start paying coaches what they are making is complacency. There are only a handful of coaches that can keep the same drive as they always have no matter how much money they make or how famous they are. Coaches are human beings and naturally want to enjoy the spoils of their work. Hell, if you paid me $4M a year to coach I would leave after one year and be on a boat with no cell service. I'm not saying that Mullen is complacent because I don't know what's in his heart or in his head but if I were to guess I would lean to the opinion that he has gotten a little complacent. I have no doubt that his drive to win is as great as it ever was on game day but I don't know if it is the same on Tuesday morning. As I said, that would be a natural progression in most humans. I would like to see Mullen hit the recruiting trail hard and really push our guys to win our bowl game so we get to 9 wins.
I'm not arrogant enough to say Dan Mullen owes me anything. I'm just a lowly Bulldog fan trying to enjoy life. I'll probably feel better about everything in a few days but I think right now my hangover from Saturday is still lingering.

Duckdog
12-01-2015, 11:27 AM
om didn't manhandle us.

Look I don't want dan to go but this is just stupid. Did you even watch the game???

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Look I don't want dan to go but this is just stupid. Did you even watch the game???

I was at the game. we played utter shit in the first half. we turned it over. ok manhandled.

do u think we were manhandled the 2nd half? honest question

Cowboydawg
12-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Maybe I haven't paid as much attention until this year but that was the most emotional Senior Day Ceremony that I can ever remember. I think everyone noticed and it has been pointed out elsewhere but while the OM players were hyped jumping up and down at midfield taunting our players, our guys were crying and hugging each other. Not saying that necessarily had anything to do with the outcome but it was interesting to see the two dynamics.

With that being said, Dak came out looking for blood. He ran over #31 and pinned his helmet with his own into the turf. He then tried to run over him again instead of sidestepping him in open field and he fumbled. I think he let his emotions get the best of him which is something he struggled with early in his career, even some last year. That is one of the biggest areas he improved upon this year.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Maybe I haven't paid as much attention until this year but that was the most emotional Senior Day Ceremony that I can ever remember. I think everyone noticed and it has been pointed out elsewhere but while the OM players were hyped jumping up and down at midfield taunting our players, our guys were crying and hugging each other. Not saying that necessarily had anything to do with the outcome but it was interesting to see the two dynamics.

With that being said, Dak came out looking for blood. He ran over #31 and pinned his helmet with his own into the turf. He then tried to run over him again instead of sidestepping him in open field and he fumbled. I think he let his emotions get the best of him which is something he struggled with early in his career, even some last year. That is one of the biggest areas he improved upon this year.

that fumble changed the complexion of the entire game. we're driving and instead of 3-0 or 7-0 they score in a couple plays and we panic a bit.

just my opinion.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 11:35 AM

No, the Freeze thing is not really overblown at this point. Its 3 blowout wins for Freeze and 1 overtime win for Mullen. If Dan's 3 losses to Freeze had been competitive I might look at it differently but right now Freeze looks like a MUCH better coach based on the head to head meetings.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 11:46 AM
that fumble changed the completion of the entire game. we're driving and instead of 3-0 or 7-0 they score in a couple plays and we panic a bit.

just my opinion.

True, but this MSU team had 2 major flaws for most of the year, a bad OL and a defense that was clueless in the first quarter, and both were vividly evident this past Saturday. A bad OL was made even worse by Warren not being able to play and apparently Senior being marginal as well. Yes, Dak's fumble was big BUT it was on the OM side of the field. Our defense gave up a 60 yard drive for a TD which is just not getting it done when could have just made a stop or forced a turnover themselves (boy, isn't that a novel idea). Its not like we fumbled on our own 20. Our D had no clue how to stop OM in the first quarter and this has seemingly been our situation for most games. So after our D gave up our customary 14 first quarter points it WAS a nail in the coffin that Dak threw the pick 6 because it was all over at that point.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 11:53 AM
No, the Freeze thing is not really overblown at this point. Its 3 blowout wins for Freeze and 1 overtime win for Mullen. If Dan's 3 losses to Freeze had been competitive I might look at it differently but right now Freeze looks like a MUCH better coach based on the head to head meetings.

And our win was with the 3rd string QB playing most of the game. Lots of ways to slice this one. I hate losing to OM worse than you do (ask my wife!!!), but let's not get stupid when it comes to math. 1 - 3 is one game off of .500, that's just what it is. Don't go full retard and say it isn't.

Original48
12-01-2015, 11:57 AM
The game I'm not over is the Texas A&M game. That's the game that hurt us.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:02 PM
True, but this MSU team had 2 major flaws for most of the year, a bad OL and a defense that was clueless in the first quarter, and both were vividly evident this past Saturday. A bad OL was made even worse by Warren not being able to play and apparently Senior being marginal as well. Yes, Dak's fumble was big BUT it was on the OM side of the field. Our defense gave up a 60 yard drive for a TD which is just not getting it done when could have just made a stop or forced a turnover themselves (boy, isn't that a novel idea). Its not like we fumbled on our own 20. Our D had no clue how to stop OM in the first quarter and this has seemingly been our situation for most games. So after our D gave up our customary 14 first quarter points it WAS a nail in the coffin that Dak threw the pick 6 because it was all over at that point.

you're right but thats just who we were all year. I felt this game was a MUST to get on top and after the dak fumbled it snowballed into a horrible half .

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 12:03 PM
And our win was with the 3rd string QB playing most of the game. Lots of ways to slice this one. I hate losing to OM worse than you do (ask my wife!!!), but let's not get stupid when it comes to math. 1 - 3 is one game off of .500, that's just what it is. Don't go full retard and say it isn't.

What isn't getting talked about though is that when freezus took over the bears in 2011 that team didn't have a single senior drafted until Golson. We were light years ahead of the bears at the end of the 2011 season. The fact that he has not only caught up, but now passed us, is ridiculous.

Coach34
12-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Coach your sources have had a tough year.

How so? Finebaum, 247, Foxsports, and others started saying the same thing I did after the fact
Sources said he was talking to Georgia 4 weeks ago- we see why now.

They have been pretty good.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:05 PM

if we get a&m 2 weeks later they're in chaos. still the game was about an aeries fumble inside the 10 and maybe another turnover?idk. never felt like we were in that game despite score being somewhat close

NCDawg
12-01-2015, 12:05 PM
He could come out and say all of this himself and reaffirm his commitment, and let us know how unacceptable Saturday's effort was to him. That would help. Until then, I don't trust anyone's "sources." I only trust what I see with my own eyes - and that wasn't good last weekend.

I agree. He didn't seem overly bent out of shape about losing the game. He also laughed about our losing the onsides kick. I like the Emory Bellard type that got mad as hell after we lost. Too bad Bellard didn't recruit or he could have stayed a lot longer.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:08 PM
How so? Finebaum, 247, Foxsports, and others started saying the same thing I did after the fact
Sources said he was talking to Georgia 4 weeks ago- we see why now.

They have been pretty good.

I don't think they know much more than the average joe. throw shit hope it sticks kinda thing. viewers calls etc. they haven't been very good this year yet

Cowboydawg
12-01-2015, 12:10 PM

By far our worst game of the year. We were pretty healthy overall and never found any kind of rhythm offensively. No excuse for losing that one.

Maroonthirteen
12-01-2015, 12:11 PM

Bingo. That...and some can't admit that OM was just better than us this year and want to excuse the loss like a 10 year old.... "I lost? Oh yeah, I wasn't even trying."

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 12:11 PM

"Dansbury".

But WE'RE being morons. Gotcha.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:16 PM

I have a real ?. how is a post spin when it's simply advising to think for yourself? that escapes me

BossDawg
12-01-2015, 12:21 PM

Exactly, and the way his team played is an even bigger concern. If he can't get the players motivated for big games like Bama and UMiss, then some changes need to be made somewhere.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:24 PM

didn't see this before but if we play/coached uninspired in the bowl game I'll begin to worry a hair. that being said I think we got kick someone's ass. :cool:

Barking 13
12-01-2015, 12:29 PM

WORD... Imagine a 1983 Monte Carlo with pretty mags, chrome headers, etc. with Dale Earnhardt driving it... it's still a 1983 Monte Carlo... I think Dan knew what he had this year and just said **** it, if we win we win, if not, WTH... 8-4 and a decent bowl game is still better than the past. Now how do you fix it with what we have to choose from, without buying players like UNM does.. That is the crux of the biscuit...(zappa)

What you guys seem to forget, is that even though we aren't "poorol'missippistate", we are still Mississippi State. And that's still a big ass hole to climb out of, given our circumstances...

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 12:31 PM

In the Freeze vs. Mullen clashes we have been blown off the field 3 games and won 1 game that was actually tied at the end of regulation. That's not "going full retard". Its just as much fact as 1-3 is 1 game off of .500 is fact. Yea, lots of ways to slice it, OM blew us away last year with a Bo Wallace that could barely move.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 12:36 PM
WORD... Imagine a 1983 Monte Carlo with pretty mags, chrome headers, etc. with Dale Earnhardt driving it... it's still a 1983 Monte Carlo... I think Dan knew what he had this year and just said **** it, if we win we win, if not, WTH... 8-4 and a decent bowl game is still better than the past. Now how do you fix it with what we have to choose from, without buying players like UNM does.. That is the crux of the biscuit...(zappa)

What you guys seem to forget, is that even though we aren't "poorol'missippistate", we are still Mississippi State. And that's still a big ass hole to climb out of, given our circumstances...

Listened to Rosebowl's BSR show yesterday and he did a pretty good job of recapping the total failure of our OL recruiting over the past 5 years. THAT is what made us a 1983 Monte Carlo this year. Should have never happened that way but it did, so in that respect, yea, we were pretty lucky we won 8 games. It was pretty difficult to do as bad as we've done in OL recruiting recently even with lily white recruiting practices.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 12:38 PM
According to Miami columnist - Mullen interviewed with Miami.

Look, Im on Team Mullen, I don't want him gone, but anyone that doesn't think he is actively shopping himself, is just lying to themselves.

Dave Hyde
‏@davehydesports
Miami interviewed Mullen, Butch and Schiano. Talking with Richt today, per source.

cheat2win
12-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Why should a coach not take a call from who ever calls? He owes it to his family to see what is out there. I understand we love our university, but damn guys, this is a job to Dan. He's dosen't owe us a thing.

gtowndawg
12-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Same here, I'm good with Mullen (with some changes) but the man is looking for another job. To say he's not actively looking and looking hard is inconceivable.

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1431/49/1431493647713.gif

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 12:46 PM
In the Freeze vs. Mullen clashes we have been blown off the field 3 games and won 1 game that was actually tied at the end of regulation. That's not "going full retard". Its just as much fact as 1-3 is 1 game off of .500 is fact. Yea, lots of ways to slice it, OM blew us away last year with a Bo Wallace that could barely move.

He didn't have to move when we gave up 95 yard TD runs and let Engram torch us on a couple of slant routes. The defense killed us.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Why is interviewing for a job now shitting on the seal of msu? it happens all over right?

Johnson85
12-01-2015, 12:49 PM

The first two blowouts were blowouts because we had two DC's that had checked out, one of which was incompetent to begin with. That's still on Mullen that managed twice in three years to have a DC that was pissed off at him by the end of the year, and that's a significant problem, but not exactly the same as a coach taht gets blown out simply because he's overmatched.

The offensive production in the last two egg bowls is a problem and Mullen needs to fix it, but it's not like he just isn't capable as a coach.

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2015, 12:58 PM

0-7 vs Bama
1-6 vs LSU
1-3 vs Freeze
1-3 vs A&M

Making them understand this like teaching nuclear physics to a tree.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Why is interviewing for a job now shitting on the seal of msu? it happens all over right?

No one is saying it is, I just don't want to be told that the "fans are pushing him out the door" when he is clearly trying to walk out the door on his own.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2015, 01:41 PM

This isn't some 60K per year accounting job. He's getting over 4 million per year to be the leader of this program in all facets. If there are a handful of jobs out there that are considered dream jobs (Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Michigan, etc.), I would give him a pass. Talking to Maryland and Miami, programs not as good as ours, probably not willing to pay what he's making here unless they hamstring the program in other ways, says a lot about his level of commitment (or lack thereof) to this program.

If you can't see that, you're a retard, and no further discussion is warranted.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:48 PM
No one is saying it is, I just don't want to be told that the "fans are pushing him out the door" when he is clearly trying to walk out the door on his own.

He's exploring options - this is big business. he don't have his bags by the door. relax and see. my way

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 01:50 PM
This isn't some 60K per year accounting job. He's getting over 4 million per year to be the leader of this program in all facets. If there are a handful of jobs out there that are considered dream jobs (Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Michigan, etc.), I would give him a pass. Talking to Maryland and Miami, programs not as good as ours, probably not willing to pay what he's making here unless they hamstring the program in other ways, says a lot about his level of commitment (or lack thereof) to this program.

Where has it been reported, besides some poster on the Terps 247 site, that Dan interviewed with them. Because the official interviews and names of who and when those interviews are taken place just started yesterday. That post is the only thing that many have jumped on as evidence of any Maryland connection and it was blatantly false.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 01:51 PM

I'm not a retard and no matter the amount u pay ppl u don't own them. I don't LIKE dan exploring, but this is what it is. is it in his contract he cant? them well.. ur getting mad to get mad. who don't like being courted. I'm sure if it was u ud turn down all this swanky shit n show em how it's done baw.

please. dan will be here I guess I'm doing this 100% shit now. feel free to mock me.

all the best bubb

Beaver
12-01-2015, 01:54 PM
He's exploring options - this is big business. he don't have his bags by the door. relax and see. my way

To me, there is a difference between 'talking to other teams' and actually having a formal interview. I'm sure Saban talked to Texas, but he didn't interview with the AD. I'm fine with Mullen exploring his options. Flying to other cities and having interviews during Egg Bowl week (if true) would make me angry.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 02:11 PM
To me, there is a difference between 'talking to other teams' and actually having a formal interview. I'm sure Saban talked to Texas, but he didn't interview with the AD. I'm fine with Mullen exploring his options. Flying to other cities and having interviews during Egg Bowl week (if true) would make me angry.

Where is it reported he went anywhere to interview egg bowl week? And interview can be very broad term depending on the source. To some just getting or making a call and talking about the job is an interview. I'm kind of like you probably, an official interview is totally different and usually takes place at their site or a neutral site for an extended period of time and I am probably one of the top vetted candidates they have.

Beaver
12-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Where is it reported he went anywhere to interview egg bowl week? And interview can be very broad term depending on the source. To some just getting or making a call and talking about the job is an interview. I'm kind of like you probably, an official interview is totally different and usually takes place at their site or a neutral site for an extended period of time and I am probably one of the top vetted candidates they have.

Phrased that poorly. Some people had been speculating that took place. I haven't seen any actual reports saying that.

Really Clark?
12-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Phrased that poorly. Some people had been speculating that took place. I haven't seen any actual reports saying that.

There were also a lot of speculation he took the Maryland job and they just started interviewing yesterday. They may have called and made a pitch, I don't know but the only thing we know for sure is he is on Georgia's and Miami's list and interviewed for Miami, according to reports. Which are not always right. North Texas have hired their 3 coach in 2 days according to reports, UCF is on there 2 coach in 2 days, etc. These reports can't get the actual hires right a lot of the time, much less who is actually interviewing.

archdog
12-01-2015, 03:50 PM
bump just to make sure people see this.

Percho
12-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Why should a coach not take a call from who ever calls? He owes it to his family to see what is out there. I understand we love our university, but damn guys, this is a job to Dan. He's dosen't owe us a thing.

How can he do his job for us, by recruiting for us, if no one knows if he will be here because he is always testing the waters for his other family? Why do we pay him so much? If he were making half as much that would be different.

He would need to be making 2/3 more in Miami to live in Miami for what he makes in Starkville and to live in Starkville.

dawgoneyall
12-01-2015, 04:14 PM
But any fall out is mullen's fault

sleepy dawg
12-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Seems pretty damn logical... If I was in his shoes, that's the exact thing I would've done.

Sienfield
12-01-2015, 07:29 PM
What ever happened to coaches telling their fan base that they will only leave in a pine box.