PDA

View Full Version : aGAIN I will ask, has the NCAA wrapped up its investigation @ UNM?

Indndawg
12-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Inquiring minds.....................

msstate7
12-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Has the ncaa issued a report on findings for tunsil or the women's sports?

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Still going. I know everyone wants them to get slammed, and now, but the longer it goes the more they will find. They were all set to self impose, but Tunsil situation blew up and NCAA told them no dice.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2015, 09:49 AM
It's not over until you at least see the report issued on Tunsil and the women's sports. They admitted the women's sports stuff and self imposed on that but the NCAA has never said formally if they accepted what they did. Until you see that it's not over.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 10:22 AM
They also haven't publicly addressed how they'll handle their former assistant athletics administrator meddling in ACT/academic eligibility issues.

DawgFromOxford
12-01-2015, 10:25 AM
I think we all know the NCAA drops the ball when it comes to this stuff and hardly anything will happen.

preachermatt83
12-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Very little will ever come out of it.

gtowndawg
12-01-2015, 10:28 AM

That's my concern. Dan's greatest hope to level the playing field with Northern Miss is the NCAA. That scares me.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 10:30 AM

This is what I think too, but the ncaa hammering smu gives a little hope

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2015, 10:38 AM

Here is all you need to know why nothing will happen to them.

TSUN dealing with the NCAA:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5e/86/96/5e8696ef3e3bfa5743bd5c6236919bd5.jpg

MSU dealing with the NCAA:
http://pre03.deviantart.net/a0ab/th/pre/i/2013/023/2/3/kiss_the_ring_of_dracula_by_paulbaack-d5sgwv9.jpg

ghostofjackie
12-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Talked to an NCAA official on Sunday, said the investigation had stalled and he had been invited to stay at a certain house in Madison.

He seemed "satisfied" with his accommodations.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Interesting 2nd post on the board...

MSUDeltadawg1971
12-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Talked to an NCAA official on Sunday, said the investigation had stalled and he had been invited to stay at a certain house in Madison.

Does said accommodations have a pineapple on the front porch?

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Interesting 2nd post on the board...

If they're intelligent enough to keep bringing it up, so be it. Post away!!!

TrapGame
12-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Here's the thing. If the NCAA comes back with a feeble slap on the wrist followed by an apology for said slap I hope Mullen tells Keenum and Stricklin to tell Bracky to GTFO. If ole miss gets away with whore-palooza '13 then they'll be no touching them.

BossDawg
12-01-2015, 12:26 PM
I think we all know the NCAA drops the ball when it comes to this stuff and hardly anything will happen.

Yup. I was holding my breath for a while, but I'm breathing deeply now. The NCAA ain't finna do $#!t. It's just more proof that we need to go all-in on the recruiting business.

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Considering they are still investigating ULL .... Its still ongoing I would believe

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Yep, its always ongoing. Meanwhile, UNM putting together another Top 10 class.

BayouDawg
12-01-2015, 01:12 PM
I have no inside info on the investigation. I will say this though, the Bears are taking risks in recruiting and high risk transfers and it has paid off so far. Eventually they will have to pay the piper though. Whether that comes from an NCAA ruling or one of these high risk transfers creating a toxic locker room. Just like with any risk you take one is bound to not pan out.

maroonmania
12-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Eventually they will have to pay the piper though. Whether that comes from an NCAA ruling or one of these high risk transfers creating a toxic locker room. Just like with any risk you take one is bound to not pan out.

Says who? They've been skating on anything NCAA related since the Brewer days and if they take a chance on a high risk transfer that doesn't pan out they will just get rid of him and move on to the next high risk transfer.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-01-2015, 06:20 PM

Julie Gibert aka Xenareb lives in Ridgeland. So who are you talking about?

deltadawg99
12-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Freeze is playing with fire just like Jackie did. Dirty recruiting and transfers that have been kicked off the team will eventually come back to bite them in the ass just like it did us.

Until then though, they are winning and turning their nose up at everybody.

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 06:34 PM
I have no inside info on the investigation. I will say this though, the Bears are taking risks in recruiting and high risk transfers and it has paid off so far. Eventually they will have to pay the piper though. Whether that comes from an NCAA ruling or one of these high risk transfers creating a toxic locker room. Just like with any risk you take one is bound to not pan out.

Auburn, LSU, and Bama all go on probation from time to time. Seems to work out ok for them long term though. Some people are short-sited and don't see that.

sleepy dawg
12-01-2015, 06:59 PM

I don't see how it's not toxic now. Those players must be making a high salary.