PDA

View Full Version : Staley

PassInterference
12-01-2015, 12:45 AM
By the looks of the Dawg Walk, that boy has put on some good muscle mass. Not a skinny basketball player anymore.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 12:51 AM
By the looks of the Dawg Walk, that boy has put on some good muscle mass. Not a skinny basketball player anymore.

Good. We're thin in the front court**

Beginning to doubt we ever see Staley start a game at qb

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 12:55 AM
He's not going to miss any football activities.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 12:56 AM
Good. We're thin in the front court**

Beginning to doubt we ever see Staley start a game at qb

Could he be a wide receiver? How's his speed? Would love to find a way to get him on the field and contributing. Also concerned that if you have 2 QBs, you have No QB. We don't need a platoon situation next year, that shit never works well for anybody. We had to deal with enough of that bullshit in 2013.

msstate7
12-01-2015, 12:57 AM
He's not going to miss any football activities.

When's he joining basketball?

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 01:01 AM
Could he be a wide receiver? How's his speed? Would love to find a way to get him on the field and contributing. Also concerned that if you have 2 QBs, you have No QB. We don't need a platoon situation next year, that shit never works well for anybody. We had to deal with enough of that bullshit in 2013.

He's a QB and he has a cannon for an arm. Plus he's 6'7. He needs to stay at QB and let Dan work his magic.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Let's turn Fitz into a Tight End and Staley into a DE. Then start Tiano at QB.***

Staley may very well start at QB next year. It will be a battle btwn him and Fitz I believe

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 01:08 AM
When's he joining basketball?

This week I believe but football is still his #1 sport. He won't miss any bowl practices or meetings.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 01:10 AM
He's a QB and he has a cannon for an arm. Plus he's 6'7. He needs to stay at QB and let Dan work his magic.

I know what he is, just trying to figure out if we can get more playing time for two talented players that can be on the field at the same time. I know everyone is enamored with Staley, but he has to win the job and so far Fitz has been out in front on that #2 spot. I'll be curious to see if Damian Williams finishes his career at State next year, I hope he does. Very fond of him and how he helped us in 2013.

PassInterference
12-01-2015, 01:10 AM
I got m money on Staley.

Fitz has gotten the PT so far because he's had an extra spring over Staley and practice reps when Staley was recovering from injury.

I see Staley passing Fitz by game 2 or 3 next year.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Let's turn Fitz into a Tight End and Staley into a DE. Then start Tiano at QB.***

Ftw.

http://ragtagriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/weekend-gifs-rtr-7.gif

Also, since Manny is so good at creating holes in the middle of the field for wide-open WR's/TE's, let's make him OC***

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 01:18 AM
I got m money on Staley.

Fitz has gotten the PT so far because he's had an extra spring over Staley and practice reps when Staley was recovering from injury.

I see Staley passing Fitz by game 2 or 3 next year.

If Fitz is the better runner of the two, I think he'll win the job. He has made the throws he needs to make and Dan really values the mobility, Staley has the physical tools but doesn't look near as quick when scrambling or on designed runs compared to Fitz. BTW, what a great problem to have. Two guys that are both ahead of Dak at this stage of their careers with tons of upside and at least one guy behind them that also has the ability to step in as well. Going to be a very interesting spring for our guys, can't wait to see it.

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 01:27 AM
I know what he is, just trying to figure out if we can get more playing time for two talented players that can be on the field at the same time. I know everyone is enamored with Staley, but he has to win the job and so far Fitz has been out in front on that #2 spot. I'll be curious to see if Damian Williams finishes his career at State next year, I hope he does. Very fond of him and how he helped us in 2013.

I'm not enamored with Staley. His maturity level seems about on par with Johnny Football.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2015, 01:37 AM
I'm not enamored with Staley. His maturity level seems about on par with Johnny Football.

Wow....you have any examples other than what happened in high school?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 01:39 AM

You're wrong on this 1.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2015, 01:43 AM
You're wrong on this 1.

Just another notch in his belt***

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 01:49 AM
To me, Staley and Fitz are both excellent options. One just has a head start on reps and learning the system. Would be great to have both of them on the field as much as possible.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 01:52 AM
To me, Staley and Fitz are both excellent options. One just has a head start on reps and learning the system. Would be great to have both of them on the field as much as possible.

That's true in theory but they've both been in the system for 2yrs now so how much more does Fitz know than Staley? They're not newbies anymore. Also are those 20 extra carries & 9 extra passes in garbage time that much more experience that can't be overcome? Again these are questions that will be answered in the spring but this QB race is far from a forgone conclusion.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 02:18 AM
I get it Dan, and I think we should all be excited to have the competition. I think it will come down to leadership and trust of teammates, which will always show up on the field in the end. Looking forward to it!!

smootness
12-01-2015, 02:31 AM

Good gosh man.

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 02:33 AM
You're wrong on this 1.

Hope so.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2015, 08:54 AM
I get it Dan, and I think we should all be excited to have the competition. I think it will come down to leadership and trust of teammates, which will always show up on the field in the end. Looking forward to it!!

totally agree - I am as excited about this for next year as we watch the development of these 3 guys ..... never have we had this luxury @ MSU. The competition between Dak & T Russell wasn't a competition at all - but these guys are same class (except Tiano I think) and it wont be senior vs the under classman - straight up competition between talented athletes ... echoing Randy here - would love to find a way to get both on the field

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 09:18 AM

Please point to one thing he has done in two years here that merits this comparison.

Johnson85
12-01-2015, 09:20 AM
That's true in theory but they've both been in the system for 2yrs now so how much more does Fitz know than Staley? They're not newbies anymore. Also are those 20 extra carries & 9 extra passes in garbage time that much more experience that can't be overcome? Again these are questions that will be answered in the spring but this QB race is far from a forgone conclusion.

I think two springs worth of practice reps are a big deal. Certainly not something that can't be overcome, but I find it hard to believe that bowl practices are that important for a team are important but two springs worth of reps aren't important for an individual. I think the difference in game experience is basically the Northwestern State game (or whichever game Dak and Staley were sick for; can't even remember now), which will only matter to the extent that it helps Fitz practice more effectively. If it had been against SEC competition, I think it would be a bigger deal. Not sure seeing gamespeed against an OOC cupcake will help him that much through practice. But don't know.

Jarius
12-01-2015, 09:21 AM
I won't say anything bad about him because I think he's just a normal college kid that is a pretty good dude, but I will say that Twitter will be very interesting with his Father if he doesn't win the starting job. He doesn't hold back.

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Please point to one thing he has done in two years here that merits this comparison.

JFF is a top 10 all-time SEC QB guys. He likes all the attention on himself. There's little things that Staley does that mirror that same attitude. If you don't see them by now I can't help you.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 09:28 AM
JFF is a top 10 all-time SEC QB guys. He likes all the attention on himself. There's little things that Staley does that mirror that same attitude. If you don't see them by now I can't help you.

Please link one example, just one.

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2015, 09:29 AM

Staley may very well start at QB next year. It will be a battle btwn him and Fitz I believe

While not advocating for it - because Fitz is my guy - keep in mind he was an All-Region WR his Junior year.

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2015, 09:34 AM
You are so far off on this it's not even funny. Staley is a gregarious kid. Don't mistake a Twitter feed that quotes song lyrics all day, and dancing on the sideline for JFF.

jumbo
12-01-2015, 09:45 AM

Can't help? Or don't have anything to back up your claim?

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Can't help? Or don't have anything to back up your claim?

I have many little examples but it's obvious I'm premature on this board to bring it up.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2015, 09:58 AM
I have many little examples but it's obvious I'm premature on this board to bring it up.

Google is your friend. If it's public knowledge, go ahead and link it.

smootness
12-01-2015, 10:00 AM

He dances, man. Unacceptable.

Valyrian Steel
12-01-2015, 11:22 AM

Snapchat?

Political Hack
12-01-2015, 11:45 AM

No. Staley is a QB or bust. Fitz could probably be a hell of a TE and maybe play defense even. He's an incredible athlete. Staley is a QB all the way. He doesn't have the fluidity you need to be a WR or TE. I actually worry about him getting hurt when running the ball. He's got to learn how to protect his legs.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2015, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=randyholloway;462446]...... I think it will come down to leadership and trust of teammates, which will always show up on the field in the end. ....QUOTE]

^^^THIS^^^

I think physically, both are very capable of doing the job. Next year we'll miss Dak's leadership more than anything.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2015, 12:40 PM
He dances, man. Unacceptable.

Yup. Only certain players are allowed to have fun playing football.

RAYn_Man
12-01-2015, 12:41 PM

Fine with me as long as he plays like JFF.

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Fine with me as long as he plays like JFF.

As am I