PDA

View Full Version : If we had lost to Arkansas and beaten Ole Miss, we'd all be thrilled with 8-4.....

Taog Redloh
11-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Instead, all the blow-hards with their agendas are spewing their emotions all over the rest of us.

Fact is, Ole Miss had a nice little recrootin run, they got some good players, and they have 2 9-3 seasons to show for it. Back to reality for them next year. Why does this make so many insecure?

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 06:47 PM
7-5 and beating OM wouldve been more palatable.

coastdoglover
11-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Instead, all the blow-hards with their agendas are spewing their emotions all over the rest of us.

Fact is, Ole Miss had a nice little recrootin run, they got some good players, and they have 2 9-3 seasons to show for it. Back to reality for them next year. Why does this make so many insecure?

I agree, reverse it and beat the Rebs and nobody would bitch at all. We picked last on the west and we exceeded most folks expectations . With that said, we still need to recruit big and fast linemen and get to the point we can redshirt all of them for the first year .

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2015, 06:54 PM
DELETE

Red Sox Dawg
11-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Won't be popular, but you are right. If we had lost to any other SEC school and beat the bears the story would be different. Yes, there would be those that always complain shout that we need to fire this coach and recruit better, but without the insanity and hatred that has been spewed since Saturday night. The dialogue would be less intense and offered in a constructive manner for the most part, not the madness we have seen and read. Bears bring out the worst in most of us.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2015, 06:58 PM

I fully agree with you, but to be honest, I'm enjoying it.

I think Mullen has greatly increased our floor, but it's good every few years to get a reality check. It keeps people from getting to comfortable in their jobs & makes people paranoid to find answers.

Truthfully, Mullen has had a good run, but, hopefully, the Bama & Ole Miss games were measuring sticks for him, & forces him to take a look in the mirror & find ways to improve.

I think last year's 10 wins allowed Mullen to chalk up the Egg Bowl loss as a "We played bad" or "Collins had checked out", but this year he has no one else to blame & must look in the mirror.

So in that regard, I'm proud of our fan base for behaving this way after an 8 win season. This attitude is why we'll someday win a championship. Complacency can't set in & our fan base is making damn sure it doesn't.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 06:58 PM

Yep.

mic
11-30-2015, 07:12 PM
People are pissed because 3/4 of our fan base doesn't think he really wants to be here..
Same shit every year..
The press conference after the egg bowl didn't help his cause any..
Does he and some of the staff really practice what they preach which is "GRIND"... I can answer that NO... When the big boys (Bama, LSU, Ect.. ) are out working us that's a problem...
Does he think 7-5 / 8-4 every year is good enough to keep this job until one he wants finally comes calling..??.
It's not a popularity contest , but what do high school coaches and his coaching peers say and think about him.. .?
How is the locker room here?? The more and more every year this shit comes up , if y'all think we get tired of it what about our current players..

If CDM wants to be here and is all in then let's go.... If he isn't then thanks for what you have done here the past 7 years and get the **** out.... You have left the program in real good shape for the next guy.. And let's hope we get one and a staff that will bust their ass...

Quaoarsking
11-30-2015, 07:15 PM
7-5 and beating OM wouldve been more palatable.

Wrong. I'll always take a better record over a worse one, regardless of which side Ole Miss falls on.

Taog Redloh
11-30-2015, 07:20 PM

I think Mullen has greatly increased our floor, but it's good every few years to get a reality check. It keeps people from getting to comfortable in their jobs & makes people paranoid to find answers.

Truthfully, Mullen has had a good run, but, hopefully, the Bama & Ole Miss games were measuring sticks for him, & forces him to take a look in the mirror & find ways to improve.

I think last year's 10 wins allowed Mullen to chalk up the Egg Bowl loss as a "We played bad" or "Collins had checked out", but this year he has no one else to blame & must look in the mirror.

So in that regard, I'm proud of our fan base for behaving this way after an 8 win season. This attitude is why we'll someday win a championship. Complacency can't set in & our fan base is making damn sure it doesn't.
Interesting perspective. Can't argue with it.

MabenMaroon
11-30-2015, 07:28 PM
People are pissed because 3/4 of our fan base doesn't think he really wants to be here..
Same shit every year..
Does he and some of the staff really practice what they preach which is "GRIND"... I can answer that NO... When the big boys (Bama, LSU, Ect.. ) are out working us that's a problem...
Does he think 7-5 / 8-4 every year is good enough to keep this job until one he wants finally comes calling..??.
It's not a popularity contest , but what do high school coaches and his coaching peers say and think about him.. .?
How is the locker room here?? The more and more every year this shit comes up , if y'all think we get tired of it what about our current players..

If CDM wants to be here and is all in then let's go.... If he isn't then thanks for what you have done here the past 7 years and get the **** out.... You have left the program in real good shape for the next guy.. And let's hope we get one and a staff that will bust their ass...

3/4 quarters ( more like 60% ) of a message board or two does not constitute a fan base, truth be known, probably well over 50% of the fan base would not even know who or what ED, SPS, GP are and probably could not care less what is said or discussed on these boards.

Really Clark?
11-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Same shit every year..

3/4ths of our fan base does not think that way. At best maybe half have heard his name mentioned with Georgia or something. The he wants out portion of the fan base that believes that is in the minority.

Really Clark?
11-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Same shit every year..

3/4ths of our fan base does not think that way. At best maybe half have heard his name mentioned with Georgia or something. The he wants out portion of the fan base that believes that is in the minority.

LC Dawg
11-30-2015, 08:35 PM
I guess I'm one of the bad guys because if we are going to go 2-4 in the West I would prefer that one of the losses not be an ass raping by our bitter in-state rival at our stadium.

RC3
11-30-2015, 09:03 PM
Op is spot on

Thick
11-30-2015, 09:05 PM

This all day long!

ghostofjackie
11-30-2015, 09:08 PM
You're enjoying it? Did you really just say that

Thick
11-30-2015, 09:16 PM
What amazes me is the complete complacency that everyone has with the outcome. We were coming off of a huge road win, Senior night, playing for a possible Sugar Bowl bid, and your bitter rival to boot, and you were punch drunk from all of the freaking head shots by half time. Throw out all of the rumors. Why were we not ready to play TSUN? Why did he seem very disinterested at the presser? Why was he not pissed off if he loves it here so much? He knows how important the Egg is, and this year even more so. Maybe TSUN was better then us, but we made them look much better then they are.

Thick
11-30-2015, 09:17 PM
By the way, I agree with Shotgun's post except the "enjoying" part of it.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2015, 09:22 PM
What amazes me is the complete complacency that everyone has with the outcome. We were coming off of a huge road win, Senior night, playing for a possible Sugar Bowl bid, and your bitter rival to boot, and you were punch drunk from all of the freaking head shots by half time. Throw out all of the rumors. Why were we not ready to play TSUN? Why did he seem very disinterested at the presser? Why was he not pissed off if he loves it here so much? He knows how important the Egg is, and this year even more so. Maybe TSUN was better then us, but we made them look much better then they are.

http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

Harrydawg
11-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Missing out on the Sugar bowl to those ass hats is what hurts.

We had this deal set up and to think for a second that Mullen was shopping while he should have been getting ready pisses me off to no end.......I pray that this was not the case. If so, it's unforgivable - we'll never know for sure.