PDA

View Full Version : Q. Weatherspoon

msstate7
11-30-2015, 05:28 PM
No love for him? Sec freshman of the week. I personally think this kid is gonna be really special

MafiaDawg
11-30-2015, 05:45 PM
Would be pretty typical for him to be better than Newman this year.

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 05:52 PM
He's a stud and one of our top players.

Malik, Fred, Chicken, Ware, Zupp, Q, & Daniels need to see 95% plus of the minutes on the floor. We need to run the Cheney/Temple rotation.

djaymsu5
11-30-2015, 06:04 PM
I want Malik to have a great year and get drafted to help with with recruiting but man if he stayed back another year with Q, Holman, Strugg, and Stapleton that would be some good depth for next years squad to have to young guards back with experience. Hopefully Holman will get some pt before the year is over and get his legs back under him to give us some experience coming back at that position next year as well.

tcdog70
11-30-2015, 09:14 PM
What I like about Q is he doesn't force things. He let's the game come to Him. And when it does he nails the opportunity. He is very smooth and His BB IQ is very high. He can shoot the three and finish at the rim.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Q is the best basketball player on the team.

msstate7
11-30-2015, 09:32 PM
Q is the best basketball player on the team.

I think ware is our best player right now

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 09:37 PM
I think ware is our best player right now

Sure on offense. Nowhere near that on defense.

msstate7
11-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Sure on offense. Nowhere near that on defense.

Unfortunately we don't have any really good defenders other then Fred, so I'll stick with ware as our best player

tcdog70
11-30-2015, 10:23 PM
I like Ware, but Q and Chicken are better basketball players all around

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
I like Ware, but Q and Chicken are better basketball players all around

I agree on Q and it's not close imo, but I don't think chicken is a more complete player than Ware. If I had to choose one of them to start a team, I'll take Ware 10 times out of ten over chicken.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-30-2015, 10:52 PM
Ware is by far our most valuable & important player.

tcdog70
11-30-2015, 11:14 PM
I agree on Q and it's not close imo, but I don't think chicken is a more complete player than Ware. If I had to choose one of them to start a team, I'll take Ware 10 times out of ten over chicken.

Well they play different positions . Chicken can play the 1-2-and the 3. He. Can play better defense than Ware. Plus Chicken doesn't require someone to feed Him to score. Ware can rebound and a Score in the post.He is just learning how to pass back out of a double team( thanks Coach H). He is just now learning how to set s screen.

tcdog70
11-30-2015, 11:16 PM

That is a different argument. I agree and the reason being we only have 1 player that can play the post. Most valuable and important-- that's kinda redundant.

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Well they play different positions . Chicken can play the 1-2-and the 3. He. Can play better defense than Ware. Plus Chicken doesn't require someone to feed Him to score. Ware can rebound and a Score in the post.He is just learning how to pass back out of a double team( thanks Coach H). He is just now learning how to set s screen.

Ware 20 ppg 7 rpg
Sword 12 ppg 2 rpg 2.5 apg

MarketingBully
11-30-2015, 11:56 PM
If Malik stays one more year, next year's team will make a serious run in the tournament. If he goes pro, it just means he had an excellent finish to the year and this team made some noise. Either way, it's a win win. We have some serious excellent talent coming in next year.

MarketingBully
11-30-2015, 11:58 PM

Agreed, and once Malik fully adjusts to this level we have legit inside outside potential. Next to maybe Kentucky or Vanderbilt, no one in the SEC has an inside presence like Ware.

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Agreed, and once Malik fully adjusts to this level we have legit inside outside potential. Next to maybe Kentucky or Vanderbilt, no one in the SEC has an inside presence like Ware.

Ben Simmons is a stud. He's avg 16 pts 14.5 rpg and 7 apg. He's like a power forward point guard. 14.5 rebounds a game!

msstate7
12-01-2015, 12:09 AM
Ben Simmons is a stud. He's avg 16 pts 14.5 rpg and 7 apg. He's like a power forward point guard. 14.5 rebounds a game!

He's obviously living up to the hype. He's very good. Unfortunately for him, lsu is not

MarketingBully
12-01-2015, 12:12 AM

Ben Simmons isn't an inside presence and they aren't using him that way. They couldn't even solve a zone tonight against College of Charleston. They got handled by 12. Give me Howland any day over Johnny Jones. Ben Simmons is great but they aren't playing him in the post.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Johnny Jones is wasting a team with elite 8 talent.

Dawg61
12-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Ben Simmons isn't an inside presence and they aren't using him that way. They couldn't even solve a zone tonight against College of Charleston. They got handled by 12. Give me Howland any day over Johnny Jones. Ben Simmons is great but they aren't playing him in the post.

Yea he's all over the floor but 14.5 rebounds is 14.5 rebounds so that's pretty much owning the post.

KentuckyDawg13
12-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Q was our sleeper, now people are realizing who he is. He had no pressure, got to watch Malik go through the hype machine, had a chance when Malik got injured, now is blossoming. Malik will bypass him in terms of productivity soon, but Q will be our secret weapon for a couple of years.
Ware is enjoying a system built around him since we have no post players. He has improved dramatically in the physical sense, can actually jump now AND has a solid outside jumper.
The team learned quickly they have a lot of work to do when in PR.

tcdog70
12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Ware 20 ppg 7 rpg
Sword 12 ppg 2 rpg 2.5 apg

so far.It is a long season. We will see what Ware does in the SEC. Nice Stats but in Basketball there a lot of intangibles. I said when Ben came on board that the number 1 player to benefit would be Ware. Ware can Score and rebound as can Chicken, but I think Chicken can do more--defend-steals-assits-get to the free throw line-play different positions. i hope they both make All-SEC

msstate7
12-01-2015, 12:09 PM
so far.It is a long season. We will see what Ware does in the SEC. Nice Stats but in Basketball there a lot of intangibles. I said when Ben came on board that the number 1 player to benefit would be Ware. Ware can Score and rebound as can Chicken, but I think Chicken can do more--defend-steals-assits-get to the free throw line-play different positions. i hope they both make All-SEC

Sword should be a FT machine with these new rules. I'm hoping he still will... It's early

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:12 PM
in late but Q is one of the most calm freshman I've seen... he never really panics or forces shots and plays really smart on the court. give this guy a couple years and it's really exciting

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2015, 12:13 PM
in late but Q is one of the most calm freshman I've seen... he never really panics or forces shots and plays really smart on the court. give this guy a couple years and it's really exciting

Q's oncourt demeanor reminds me a lot of Rodney Hood.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:26 PM

I can see this actually. diff types of players but kinda whatever happens they just keep even keel. it's a rare quality it seems

YazooDawg23
12-01-2015, 12:29 PM

This year we are very limited athletically in the post. Ware is one of the best low post scorers in the SEC and he has improved athletically with Deets but we are lacking in this area. Zuppardo and Ndoye are very below average athletes for big time college basketball. Hopefully Holman will help. It makes a 180 next year however with Herard and Ado coming in. Excited about the future.

JohnnyQuid
12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
This year we are very limited athletically in the post. Ware is one of the best low post scorers in the SEC and he has improved athletically with Deets but we are lacking in this area. Zuppardo and Ndoye are very below average athletes for big time college basketball. Hopefully Holman will help. It makes a 180 next year however with Herard and Ado coming in. Excited about the future.

we've got a PF playing center. other backcourt is just undersized. IYOK do u think stayley can help at all in a couple weeks here

and yea by jan maybe holman is back. Ndoye looks better physically he's just foul out machine. I do like having hin just to spare Gavin tho

chef dixon
12-01-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm willing to let Ndoye get in there and learn something. Especially considering if Zuppardo isn't making shots he's not a very useful player on the court. He does have a decent feel for the game, but just not there athletically.

Quinn has some Steph Curry to his game, and I don't really mean that in a shooting sense although he can definitely stroke it. The game comes easy to him and he knows what to do and when to do it on the court. He will be VERY good next year.