PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me for saying this....

whosyourdawgy
11-30-2015, 02:48 PM
But y'all mother 17ers have lost yalls damn minds. That is all. 🙄

FISHDAWG
11-30-2015, 02:50 PM
if this is a petition I will sign it

civildawg
11-30-2015, 02:51 PM
sorry you accept mediocrity. Best QB in our history and our best win is a 7 win Arkansas.

FISHDAWG
11-30-2015, 02:53 PM
sorry you accept mediocrity. Best QB in our history and our best win is a 7 win Arkansas.

you expected to beat or tie last years record ???

Thick
11-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Got news for you, we should have won at least one more game, maybe 2.

BeardoMSU
11-30-2015, 02:58 PM
The crew has definitely forgotten how to properly message board....similar to how Peter forgot how to sit***

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jo13CxDXSq4/TlJlDESkF0I/AAAAAAAAaHo/_RJWV-UsJ2o/s1600/tumblr_lq06sf8Eeu1qcpravo1_500.gif

missouridawg
11-30-2015, 02:59 PM

The best QB in our history.... Led us to the best 2 year stretch in our history.... So why is everyone all doom and gloom?

MetEdDawg
11-30-2015, 03:10 PM
you expected to beat or tie last years record ???

This is what gets me. Let's compare this team with Dak to Dan's last team with a SEC game changer. Tebow was the greatest college QB ever and went 13-1 his last two years with Florida. Let's look at that roster for a minute. Tebow at QB, Demps and Rainey at RB, the Pouncey twins at C and G and Marcus Gilbert at T. They also had Riley Cooper at WR. But that OL was ridiculously better than the one we fielded this year.

On defense they had Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Spikes, Will Hill, Jelani Jenkins and Janoris Jenkins on defense.

In 2008 you can add Percy Harvin to that team too. And let's also add that in 2008, Vanderbilt finished 3rd in that SEC East division.

So while I would have liked for us to have done better than 8 wins, we were probably a 9 win team at best. Go back and look at the OL SEC champions have. It's ridiculous. We will NEVER be an SEC Champion until we fix that unit and turn into something at least top 6 in the SEC. Do we have talent on this team? Yes we do. But teams that compete win in the trenches and that's why last year's team was better than this year's team. In our losses this year we scored 19, 17, 6, and 27. 27 should be good enough most games. But the other 3 weren't. When your OL can't dominate consistently you lose ball games. That's what happened this year and I don't think one of the guys from our starting 5 will get drafted.

Percho
11-30-2015, 03:27 PM
Got news for you, we should have won at least one more game, maybe 2.

Do you think OM thinks they should have won 2 more?

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Yea. Bunch of crazies. The know it all media picked us 7th in the west, but we finished 6th. Never underestimate Dan!

Ptolemy
11-30-2015, 03:36 PM
if this is a petition I will sign it

This! ...and for all you guys who keep talking about accepting mediocrity, get off the damn message board and start writing checks to the Athletic Department. I write some pretty damn big ones and 8 wins is a good season. Quit bitchin' and do something to help us improve like I do. I want to get better but until we get you bellyachinn' experts contributing rather than complaining, 8 wins is about is high as we're going to go!

Thick
11-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Do you think OM thinks they should have won 2 more?

I really don't care what OM thinks THEY should have done!!!

mstatefan91
11-30-2015, 03:43 PM
This is what gets me. Let's compare this team with Dak to Dan's last team with a SEC game changer. Tebow was the greatest college QB ever and went 13-1 his last two years with Florida. Let's look at that roster for a minute. Tebow at QB, Demps and Rainey at RB, the Pouncey twins at C and G and Marcus Gilbert at T. They also had Riley Cooper at WR. But that OL was ridiculously better than the one we fielded this year.

On defense they had Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Spikes, Will Hill, Jelani Jenkins and Janoris Jenkins on defense.

In 2008 you can add Percy Harvin to that team too. And let's also add that in 2008, Vanderbilt finished 3rd in that SEC East division.

So while I would have liked for us to have done better than 8 wins, we were probably a 9 win team at best. Go back and look at the OL SEC champions have. It's ridiculous. We will NEVER be an SEC Champion until we fix that unit and turn into something at least top 6 in the SEC. Do we have talent on this team? Yes we do. But teams that compete win in the trenches and that's why last year's team was better than this year's team. In our losses this year we scored 19, 17, 6, and 27. 27 should be good enough most games. But the other 3 weren't. When your OL can't dominate consistently you lose ball games. That's what happened this year and I don't think one of the guys from our starting 5 will get drafted.

Rational thought is not allowed here anymore.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120267/3133193-2407871698-abatm.jpg

ILOATHEBears
11-30-2015, 03:48 PM
I think we should have beaten LSU and aTm. That would have matched last years record with less talent on the field.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I think we should have beaten LSU and aTm. That would have matched last years record with less talent on the field.

Agreed...with a decent o-line we beat LSU and A&M (Please fire Hevesy). We still lose to Alabama and Ole Miss. They were just better.